Strength in Numbers

Janie Great job on your cardio day with the beach walk annnd mountain climber!I saw your video of those people cutting their grasws. It's greast that they are able to keep such a positive attitude with that going on. I'm not sure I would be able to!
Janie[/QUOTE]

Julie great job on Supercuts and GG. Now I am wishing I had gotten the downloads, I have to wait until I get home this weekend to check out the new workouts!

Saturday was my rest day and we spent the day putting up our tree up and decorating the house for Christmas. Sunday I did Rhythmic Step and Core 2. This morning I did travel fit and snapped my band. Luckily I only h ad one more band exercise to go, but I was mad! Havea great day!

Pam

Today I got my trike out and road it for an hour around the neighbor hood. Then did some yoga.

Julie, Great job on Sat. Supercuts and running errands, visiting. Also for doing Sun. Get Glutes strength. I can't wait for the my DVD's!

Take care ,

Janie

Today I got my trike out and road it for an hour around the neighbor hood. Then did some yoga.

Pam, Great job on your rest day, I'm sure you needed it. OOOOOO putting up the tree is fun. Great job on Sun. RS and core 2 and for this mornings TF. OH NO, snapping a band is such a surprise!

Take care,

Janie

I had to switch up my workouts this week. Tonight was supposed to be Get Glutes strength but I am working late and didn’t want to be too tired for it so I did it last night. I got everything downloaded but haven’t previewed them yet. I am hoping to get to preview some of them before this weekend but we will see. I still need to do holiday shopping and cards. It is all happening way too fast!

Pam Great job on RS + Core 2 and TF! Oh no! I have snapped a band before. It was so heartbreaking. Hope you didn’t get hurt when it snapped. I have heard horror stories of people who got hit in the eye from the snapped band.

Janie Great job on your trike ride and yoga! Even though I get the downloads, I still get excited when the DVDs arrive too. Something about holding them in my hand.

Have a great day!

Julie Good for you switching up your plans to get your workout in when you aren't too tired! I am in the same boat as you are with the shopping and cards and I have almost no ideas for gifts. It is driving me a little crazy being out of town this week with all of that to do! My DH hasn't told me if I have a package waiting from Cathe or not, but I am assuming it will at least be there by the time I get home. Luckily I wasn't injured in the band snapping incident ;) I was doing outer thighs lying on your back and the band just snapped right out to both sides. I was mostly upset about having to order new bands. I did bring another band so was able to quickly switch, but it was a much harder one!

Janie Great job on the trike ride and yoga!

This morning I did Tabatacise and Core 1. I am sure that whoever is in the room below me was cursing me out :eek: that was all I kept thinking about every time I did a jumping move. Sorry!!! I asked for a room on the first floor, but they didn't have any available and the though of the little workout room machines is just too depressing. I'm just hoping it's someone who gets up early below me :rolleyes: Have a great day!

Pam

Went to Shelton for my jeep, Joe had appt. and needed to fix a frozen pipe that burst there. sigh. When I got back to the Beach House, our dear friends house went down the embankment. It's only a matter of time before the ocean will take it. Across the street are other friends and a lot of us (UFO members) are helping with them moving. There weren't enough boxes to do a very good job. It got late and will try again tomorrow. Should be boxes tomorrow so the effort will go a lot more smoother. It's 1:00 am and there is a high tide with lots of rain and high winds that can reach 70mph. The house may not be there tomorrow. Will see. .

Pam, Great job on Tabatacise and core 1.

Julie, Great job on Get Glutes last night. Joe is bringing mine back to the beach house so I can preview them. Yippy! I agree, Holidays are here so fast this year.

Take care,

Janie[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Last night I did a premix from Rockout Knockout after getting home an hour later than normal. I did come home to a nice surprise with my RWH DVDs waiting for me. Still not sure when I will be able to preview these. Work has been crazy, I don’t have any of my Christmas shopping done, I still need to get Christmas cards sent out…

Pam Great job on Tabatacise + Core 1! I am sure you were much quieter than you think you were. At least that is what I would try to tell myself so I didn’t worry. I bet you do have the DVDs at home. I got mine last night so I am sure you have yours now. That is great that you had another band as backup. Not sure I would have thought about bringing two with me.

Janie Oh my goodness! It sounds like you had a rough and busy day. A frozen pipe plus having to help your friends move. That is so sad what is happening. It makes me feel bad being excited that I get new workout DVDs and there are people in this world losing their home. Is your beach house safe from all of this?

Have a great day!

Will be busy today and tonight, not enough time for workouts.

Julie, Joey and I live about a little over a quarter of a mile from the ocean and where the houses are stolen from the sea. The good part about all this, is they are safe and people are helping them get back on their feet. We are doing well and don't expect this happening in our life time. Hopefully, we can't be certain though. Great job on Rockout Knockout. Aw I can't wait to view mine. Joey will be here sometime tomorrow. YaHoo! So much yet to do... I know. Don't worry be happy now...

Take care,

Janie

Finished moving Arlysa and Ray. There house will sure to be gone tomorrow or the next day. The ocean is so powerful. Went to UFO group tonight and the host made us chicken soup and a lovely blueberry pie with sour cream. So good! She wanted to do something special for us. Wasn't that kind of her? Wow, these ladies are so good for my soul.

Janie

Last night I did Ride but I skipped the song with the hover jumps. I am just not a fan of those, they never have felt right to me. I have to work a little late tonight but hopefully I can have enough energy to get my workout in when I get home. Starting to feel my energy wane. Have to tell myself that tomorrow is Friday.

Janie You all have an amazing outlook on life with such sadness going on. Inspiring! The soup and pie was a very nice touch from the UFO host.

Have a great day!

Janie Oh no, burst pipes are terrible, I hope you didn't have too much damage. I can't imagine watching my house be destroyed like your friends are, do they have somewhere to move? So wonderful that you are all helping out!

Julie Great job on RK and congratulations on getting your DVDs! I heard that mine are waiting for me at home so I can't wait to check them out! I don't preview, I just jump in. I haven't done cards or many gifts yet either. I keep telling myself that I am probably quieter than I think, but I'm not sure if that is true!

Janie Your UFO sounds wonderful , how nice to have that special group of friend.

Julie Great job on Ride and skipping the part you don't like. I hope you were able to get your workout in tonight.

I did KPC yesterday morning which is a little gentler on the jumping so hopefully gentler for my downstairs neighbor. I keep expecting to get a knock on my door while I'm doing my workout. This morning was AOLIH, double floor, discs and core number 2. I think that one was even gentler so maybe tomorrow I can get back to the jumping :) Have a great day!

Pam

The people we moved out yesterday, well, there house is standing on end leaning off the bank. I've decided to relax from exercises until Monday and do the Getting Started Rotation on the new DVD's.

Pam, Yes, the people we were helping move do have a camper they will be staying in until they find another place to live. They gave up one dog and have two with them. Great job on KPC yesterday and today's AOLIH.

Julie, Great job on Ride and skipping Hover Jumps. Have to listen to your body for sure.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night I did a Get Glutes strength workout. I got home about 30 minutes late so not too bad. I did rush through it though so probably could have done better if I had more time. Hoping to get some Christmas shopping and cards done this weekend. I just have not been feeling the holiday season getting me motivated this year.

Pam Great job on KPC and AOLIH! Maybe you got lucky and the room below you is empty or had different people staying in different days so they didn’t get annoyed by the jumping. You are good for just jumping in on new DVDs. I am too afraid of surprises!

Janie Good for you for taking a break and starting RWH on Monday. I am going to finish out my Get Glutes month and start RWH after Christmas. Oh that is so sad they had to give up one of their dogs.

Have a great day!

Janie Well I'm glad that the people and their dogs are safe, that is the most important thing. I don't think I could stand seeing my house standing on end like that!

Julie Great job on GG. I am having a motivation problem for the holidays too. I don't have any ideas on what to get anyone and I haven't had any time to do anything. When I went to the mall I was just wandering around aimlessly because I don't have any ideas. It was a waste of time!

This morning was CCC. It's funny, I had the usual dread factor for it , but then I always feel so good when I finish it, so I'm not sure why the dread factor! I'm all checked out and just working a half day today before heading to the airport to go home!! The best part of the trip :D Happy Friday!

Pam

Joey and I rode our bikes to the homes where they are being washed away. Took photos and visited with friends.

Pam, The people who lost their homes were so brave in my eyes. I don't think I could handle it either. Great job on CCC. I feel really good too after an exercise. The dreaded factor is with me too. LOL!

Julie, Great job on Get Glutes. I know what you mean about the holiday season. It came to quick this year for me. I want that dog so badly, but Joe says no. I even prayed, but no. Sigh...We have a cat and dog and I'm lucky to have them.

Saturday morning I did CrossFire Extreme. I started out just CF but then thought I would tack on the Low Impact Tabata and then thought why not add on the core too. Then we ran some errands and visited my parents awhile. Sunday was Get Glutes strength. I am not sure how it happened but I pulled my right lat muscle so now I need to be careful and let that heal. After working out, I did Christmas cards and watched some of the RWH. I only got to watch 3 of them because my downloads were not working. I had to redownload the rest and will try to watch them another time.

Pam Great job on CCC and finishing with a smile on your face! Hope you had a good trip home. I got one gift on Saturday and that was a gift card. I still need to get gifts for all my nieces and nephews and the parties are this coming weekend so I am running out of excuses and time for putting this off.

Janie Great job on your bike ride with Joey. It must be pretty decent weather if you are still able to get out on your bike. We had temps in the 50s this weekend which is unreal but I will take it.

Have a great day!

Janie I agree, those people are very brave. I guess it is one of those cases where you learn how strong you can be!

Julie Great job on CF Extremem! That is awesome that you were feeling so good! Great job on GG too, but what a bummer that you pulled your lat muscle! Great job on getting your Christmas cards done too! You are ahead of me!

that night and a birthday dinner for my sister on Sunday and doing some running around. It was a very productive day! Saturday night was our annual Christmas caroling party at my friends house and it was really fun. We had some great audiences this year! Sunday morning I did Ripped with Hiit Plyo hiit one with bonus abs one . All I can say it wow, I was ready for it to be over! It was intense. This morning I started Cathe's Xtrain/RWH rotation with Hard Strikes. I always forget about that darn su/pu combo at the end! Today was officially my last day of work for the year, but unfortunately I didn't get everything done that I needed ot, so will be working some over the holidays. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I did Hardstrikes cardio only. I had to be a little careful not to get too aggressive with some of the punches and hurt my lat more. Seemed to be ok. Tonight’s supposed to be weights so we will see how that goes.

Pam Great job on surviving the first RWH plus abs 1! I previewed the abs 1 and it looks really good. That might be a core workout I can get on board with. I will say as I previewed LIH2, it looked pretty easy but I am guessing that was just because I was not doing it at the time. I saw your caramel toffee cheesecake on FB. It looked so delicious. Do you mind sharing the recipe? Enjoy your time off work and hopefully you get the rest of your work done quickly so you can really be off work.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job on HS and taking it easy on your lat. I'm glad to hear that it went well. Hopefully the weights will also. Yep, no dread factor for abs 1 at all. I haven't tried abs 2 yet so we'll see how that one goes soon. That cheesecake is fabulous. I am not usually one to repeat recipes because I always like to try something new, but that is one that I made 3 times the first month I tried it. The recipe is here:
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Toffee-Crunch-Caramel-Cheesecake-231417 The caramel can be tricky to make but the rest of it is no problem. For some reason I had a really hard time with the caramel this time - it took me three tries. The instructions say to cook it on medium heat until the sugar dissolves, but there is 1.5 cups of sugar and 1/4 cup of water so it doesn't really ever dissolve. I had the best luck when I had it on really low heat stirring for a couple minutes (and not stirring constantly), then turned up the heat and just swirled the pan every so often.

This morning was RWH upper body circuit. This one just go go goes too. I enjoyed the format. You do 2 upper bodies exercises followed by a cardio blast through the whole thing. The upper body exercises for the most part are unique and a lot of them combine legs also. It was fun. Have a great day,

Pam

Can't believe how fast time is going. Please forgive me for being MIA. Jeash! Still been helping people from Wash-a-Way Beach, packing for Shelton and picking up stuff from the Gallery. Once I get to Shelton things will be much more boring and can catch up and do art work. Didn't exercise like I thought I would. Darn, sigh... Maybe after Christmas? I just need some calm time mentally and physically.

Pam, Great job on RWH upper body circuit.

Julie, Great job on Hardstrikes cardio only.

Pam, Sounds fun on the birthday dinner Sun. And it also sounds like the Caroling party was a lot of fun. Also for Ripped with Hiit Plvo Hiit w/bonus abs 1. Wow? I think I'm in for it. Good job starting Xtrain/RWH rotation with HS. Glad you are getting a little vacation and not have to work until next year. Aww, hope you don't have to spend a lot of time working over the holidays. Darn!

Julie, Great job on Cross Fire Extreme. Then CF and LITand core too. Wow! You go Girl! For Sun. Get Glutes strength. Oh no! Pulled Lat muscles are hard. Be careful as planned. Enjoy the Christmas cards, and watching RWH.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.