Lifting like girls

I knew Larry King’s wife was Mormon, but I didn’t know they lived in Provo. Lots of famous people in Provo. Robert Redford, Lindsay Lohan in rehab. I think most of them live in Park City. I was just reading the other day how many celebrities have a home in Park City. People I would never dream had a house here. The only one I can think of right now is Will and Jada Smith. Oh, and of course Mitt Romney. DH and I went to a Parade of Homes in Park City, a few years ago. Had to get a boom truck to lift my jaw off the floor. Can’t imagine the mortgage payment.
Anyway still coughing, it’s getting old.
Yesterday my workout was an old Firm. Something to get me moving, but not kill me. It was volume 3 with Sandahl Bergman. Full of drama, but she is a dancer.
The mountains are still kind of fuzzy, so I’m assuming the air is crappy. Every Summer fires in California, and we get to smell them.
Enjoy you’re time with the kiddies, Lisa. I remember there were days I just wanted to go to my bedroom, shut the door, and let the kids have at it. Crawl in bed exhausted at night. If you need to hit the panic button, send out an SOS. We’re here!
Tom, are you heading south to hook up with I 70? Anyway be safe, have a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Brick Oven Pizza was called Heapsa Pizza when I was in high school. It was one of our hangouts. It has changed a lot since then. But the pizza was good. Haven’t been there for years. Don’t know if it’s still good.

Brick Oven Pizza was called Heapsa Pizza when I was in high school. It was one of our hangouts. It has changed a lot since then. But the pizza was good. Haven’t been there for years. Don’t know if it’s still good.

Ah yes. My father in law and my dad both love to blather on about Heapsa Pizza. That plus an old grocery store off University and 9th (?), near Heritage Halls, that is now another BYU Creamery location. Their nostalgia makes me gag...

Hanging on by a thread here until my DH gets back in a few hours, but hey who's counting? (Me! Me!) Got in a good leg workout today, all things considered.

Hope you are both feeling completely recovered from your illnesses. Tom, hope you are wrapping up your road trip in style. Karen, can't blame you for looking for something new. 6 months is a loooong time.

Well I made it home...5000+ miles, but saw so many cool places, just not heapsa pizza! I lifted today, chest tris and some abs and I DO NOT recommend laying off 2 weeks, geeze, I was pathetic!! 175 felt like 200, really lost some "good stuff"! Did 6 sets of bench 115x8 135x5 155x5 175x5 155x8 135x10. 3 sets of skullcrushers and 2 sets of pushdowns and 2 sets of cable crunches. I am now licking my wounds and feeling sorry for myself, but I'll survive and tomorrow is back and bis.
Lisa, glad DW is coming home to lend a hand...single parenting with little ones is tough!
Karen, nothing wrong with moving on and trying something new!! All for me yall, way to keep it going!!

Welcome home Tom! It's nice to sleep in your own bed, isn't it? I was always glad to be home from vacation, unless it was a tropical paradise. Those were few and far between.
Today the workout was Cathe's Gym Style Chest and Triceps. This illness knocked me for a loop. I was shaking with 20 lbs. But, tomorrow is another day. I'm still not 100%, but better every day.
Hang in there Lisa! DH will be home soon. That's about it for me. Tomorrow.

Back and bis, 3 sets of chin ups, and they were UGLY!! X5x3x5...now maybe not max at all but even these were fairly tough. 2x8 pullover and 2x8 1 arm cable pulls. For bis, 3x8 ez bar curls ( only 80) and db curls (40s) x8 and conc curls x8 (40). Chest is already sore from 6 sets of bench...boy, lay off NOT kind.
Karen, the struggle is real isn't it? Glad you are on the mend...way to perservere!isa, hope your single parent gig is over...don't know how you got workouts in...congrats on that! Off to work for me...if I remember how! Stay healthy all!

Today was "Gym Style Legs." It was a butt kicker.
My neighborhood is having a block party tonight. Need to make something for a pot luck. Think I will use some of my cucumbers and jalapenos to make a cucumber salad. That's about it, just hanging out cleaning my house. Glad you survived the kids, Lisa, and you're off to work Tom? Have a great day all!

Friends, I survived. I'm not going to lie, it was almost a murder - suicide situation at some points! (Dear NSA, only kidding!!!) My workouts kept me sane, and Tom I wake up early like you, maybe not 4am, but early to get them in. I need those endorphins. Anyway DH is home and he's on "single parent" duty after work the next couple days 'cuz Momma needs a break!

Karen, your salad sounds yummy! It's National Neighborhood Night Out. Our HOA is hosting a barbecue plus bike parade for the kids. Gym Style Legs is no joke. It's those dang low ends. Also, did you do the drop set pushups at the beginning of Chest and Tris? If so, 20s in that workout are like 40s!!! Mr Morley, huh? Do you remember the store name? I can't for the life of me. ..

Tom, I think you will see your muscle memory do its thing and you will get those gains back FAST! I'm thrilled that you had such a good long break. You deserved it. But yes on what Karen said...ain't nothin' like your own bed, AND your own bathroom, I would add.

Today was a tough starter but I finished Body Blast Boot camp Live.

LOL!! Lisa you crack me up. But then again, NSA has big ears. But then again there were days my kids were fortunate to make it till Dad got home, and he was tag teamed to take the kids.
The store I’m thinking about was on Canyon Road, across from the dorms. I haven’t been there in ages, but it was a little IGA market. Morley’s Market. The gas station on the corner of Canyon Road and the Orem Diagonal is where I saw Robert Redford for the first time. He was getting gas, and he was quite friendly. Chatted for a minute, then he took off. It’s all changed so much since I lived there. Just seems so busy now. Quite laid back when I was growing up.
Those low ends this morning almost took me out. Oh, and then the push-ups yesterday. I can barely move my arms today. Back, shoulders and biceps will be interesting.

Last edited:
I hear ya Karen! My first 2 days back, low rep and set AND weight about killed me! Every body part I worked HATES me! Today was legs and lessons learned...I went light and short and will still probably suffer. I did 3 sets of light bench squats x 5 at 115 135 155 , 2 x 15 gob squats and dropped to 40#, and just 1x8 rev lunges with 20s lol!( still, this gonna cause pain!). For calves 2x25 light standing BB calf raises and 2x15 single leg calf raises.
Lisa, sounds like DH will learn a valuable lesson....DONT YOU EVER LEAVE ME ALONE WITH THESE KIDS AGAIN! Hope you get rested back up AND DH survives!
Off to " establish drainage" make today your own friends!

Today was back, shoulder and bicep - Gym Style. Another doozy! Oh my gosh, I need to get going on the heavy weights. I'm still dragging butt. Evidently Tensile Strength, was more tensile, with less strength. I need to get crackin' on this. Whoa!

Good morning!! This is your wake-up call. This morning was Cathe's Hiit 40/20, and the stretch using no equipment from her Stretch DVD.
I tried to attach a picture of my jungle garden, but the file was too large. Garden is taking over the yard.

Last edited:
Boulder shoulder day, maybe pebble delt day but trying! 8 sets of press, 4 seated BB militaries and 4 seated sets of BB militaries, 2 sets of side laterals, 2 sets of rear delt flys, 2 sets of front raises and 1 long set of BB shrugs. 15 sets of shoulder, lighter than I would like but by necessity, NOT choice! Then was 4 sets of abs 2x20 cable crunches and 2x60 mountain climbers, finishing with 25 pushups. I am much weaker or at least it seems so and I don't like it! Still sore, even chest, but not debilitated. I will try to stay lighter tomorrow for arms and do something Sat and probably Sunday then see if I can ratchet it up some next week. I fluctuate between trying to lean down and tanking up and getting as big as I can....dunno will see!
Own the day my friends!

Arm day and I did a 4 set circuit 5x. I intended to go light and I did because I messed up on the dbs and used 35s instead of 40s! Todays circuit was skullcrushers x10 (35s)/ ez bar curls x8 (80)/ pushdowns x 8 (80)/DB curls x8 (35s). It was 20 sets but I was done in 26 minutes...who does not have 26 minutes to give to maintain or build strength?? I'll get off the pulpit but really, you might not be a fitness model or bodybuilder with 26 minutes but 20 sets will help ANYONE! Not sure where that came from but I will repress and seek normalcy!
Karen, would have loved to see the garden..I have NO idea how to post a pic, maybe that's a good thing!
Lisa, are you out there in cyberland or did NSA find you? Hope you are well!
Lib, hope things are going well for you!
All for me today, my new book "get off you a$$ and lift for 26 minutes" will be in book stores soon;)

Tom, since Karen is first to buy your book, I guess I will have to be second. Can I get an autographed copy? But, I do agree that some days 26 mins is enough. And certainly still better than most Americans who do nothing.

Karen, your garden is overtaking your yard because you are too good at it! Either stop being so awesome or stop gardening. That's all I got to say to help! Even though TS didn't add strength, I am sure the "tensility" you gained (yes, I am a lawyer, I make up words) is beneficial.

Still working out here. Wednesday was Pumped Upper Body Live, which I always think is new to me until I start it and realize that I have done it a zillion times. Oh well, I still like it! Yesterday was leg day AND urgent care day, courtesy of DD1 (she's totally fine; had an infected wound that needed antibiotics. ..because she gets bruises and bangs, like all kids. But then picks at them like an animal until they become infected!!!! Arghhh!) Today was a Sydney Cummings YouTube cardio and core workout. Tomorrow will be arms again.

Have a terrific Friday and weekend!

Today was bench, deads and abs. Quite a bit of volume, 9 sets of bench 115x8 135x5 155x5 175x3 185x3 195x1 175x5 155x8 135x10. Deads were 205x3cx3s 225x3cx3s 255x3s 275x2s 300x1s (had to see if I could) and finished with 205x10c (whew, cardio!). I haven't done many deadlift days lately and it shows! To balance out the posterior chain stuff, 3x20 cable crunches. Next week I am going to try to regain some strength, bench has really suffered! I'm not sure how to do it but gonna try! The bench program I did really fired up my bench but I feel like other things suffered so gotta figure out something.
Lisa, very glad DD is ok..those Urgent care runs are scary, but glad healthcare is accessible without hitting the hospital ER's.
Karen, Lisa keep "kickin it". All for me...old guy out!

Last edited:
Planned on a light leg day, but after the first 3 reps of light bench squats, I changed my mind...yesterday's deads made keg day a no go so I just did a couple of lazy miles on the airdyne and called it a day....no reason to beat a dead horse! Enjoy your Sunday friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.