Lifting like girls

Abs and core day, consisting of an 8 set ab circuit..cable crunched x 20/ alt knee to chest planks x 100/ cable crunches x 20/ side planks x 1 min and did the circuit twice. Next I decided to do some deads and did 6 triples 205 x3, 225 x3 and 255 x3 (all conv) then 255 x3 275 x3 and 300 x3 (all sumo). I hadn't even tried 300 for a long time and was surprised that the sumo reps were actually less stressful on everything. I really was surprised because I really thought I would do some reps at 225 and call it "balance" to ab work, but was delighted it went as well as it did! Make muscle my friends!

A “Little Rascal” is a cart that older people ride on to get around. You see them in the grocery store. Sit down shopping at its finest. https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/w...-scooter-by-rascal-red/ID=prod6166982-product
Which reminds me. In Seattle I worked with a woman named Phinest. Yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol! Now I know what you are talking about! My grandpa had one of those and...get this...actually drove it in the STREETS of Orem, UT. Yeah, like it was a car, but it's not. He was losing his marbles. Got pulled over by the cops a couple times but they didn't know what to do with them!

Wow, Phinest was a lovely person, I am sure, but what a name! When you think you have heard 'em all...

Lisa, we're getting the same crappy weather too. Snow! We need to be done with it. I have some catching up to do. Wednesday was a short Cathe Live Step workout, from November 2016. Thursday was some heavy weights, back with some side laterals and some tricep work. Today was weights again. Lower body, Deadlifts, Leg Press and lunges, with some calf raises and abs thrown in.
Tom, you are a rock. Just steady, and on course with your weights. I seem to be all over the place right now. Not finding my groove.
Lisa, I love Kick, Punch and Crunch. May have to give it a go.
That's about it. I've been in boring, did I say boring meetings all day yesterday and until noon today. So no fast day yesterday. That's ok, I will catch up on Monday.
Have a great week-end guys. Talk to you later.

Well Karen, the rock sank today and Lisa needs to kick, punch and crunch me!! Fri is a day with lotsa sets and since I had to work, I decided to punt this morning and do it tomorrow when I have MORE time. Tomorrow is also lawn mower shopping and, unfortunately, the funeral of a really good friend's grandson. Absolutely heartbreaking. He was a patient and really a sweet kid. Some things seem so VERY unimportant at times like these. Well, sorry to be a downer but I know tragedy is a part of life and all to frequent in its occurrence. Glad y'all were " better n me" today!! Have a great weekend!

Make up medium day. Today called for 5-7 sets of 3-5 at 80%, so warm ups were sets of 5 at 120 140 170 and 200 and I used 210 (82%) and did 5 triples then went back to 200 x5, then dropped to 170 x10. I planned on trying to stretch out by going low weight to chest and dropped to 120, but even that is painful on shoulders and it feels like I am 1 rep away from the scope! Guess I'll just admit that maybe I am going to be a "block guy"
Accessories called for 4 sets of 5-7 reps, so I did chins x7x7x7x8 (did do a set of 12 before work yesterday..must have felt guilty), seated BB military press 4x5 at 120 (up 5#), ez bar curls 4x7 (100) and 4x7 tri pushdowns. I feel like I am working really hard and I have improved a lot on block bench, but I do think at some point age will limit what I can do..we will see cause "Ima gonna try"!! Enjoy the lousy weather friends, we are supposed to get some snow Sunday...we have had more snow in April than any month this year...WTH!!

Tom, condolences to your family and your friend's family, especially. Loss of life is tragic, especially when it's a younger life. I hope you can all find comfort and healing.
Well Karen, the rock sank today and Lisa needs to kick, punch and crunch me!! Fri is a day with lotsa sets and since I had to work, I decided to punt this morning and do it tomorrow when I have MORE time. Tomorrow is also lawn mower shopping and, unfortunately, the funeral of a really good friend's grandson. Absolutely heartbreaking. He was a patient and really a sweet kid. Some things seem so VERY unimportant at times like these. Well, sorry to be a downer but I know tragedy is a part of life and all to frequent in its occurrence. Glad y'all were " better n me" today!! Have a great weekend!

My condolences as well. It is heartbreaking when they're young. Wishing the best for your family, and your friend's family.
My puny workout doesn't seem that important now. But, I will post anyway. Cathe Live, "Keep the Cardio Coming."
Take care guys!

Thanks friends for the kind words. The funeral was packed and that was wonderful for the family, knowing so many people were thinking of them.
Today was leg day...a day late, but got er done! 4 sets of 5 reps of db squats, using 50s 60s 70s and 80s, I like these because I also get some "farmers walk trap time". Next was sumo squats (90) 3x15, gob squats (50 kb) 3x15, rev lunges (40s) 3x8 and kb swings (50) 3x20 (I finish these above head level to get some front delt and traps in). For calves was 3x25 DB standing calf raises (90s) and unweighted single calf raises 3x25.
I may do the same program this week because next week I will be in St Louis for several days and may use part of that week as a deload. Well, leg day done and glad here!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Triple Fit Live 1/14/18 for the day. Got a sick husband and DD1 on my hands. Which will be more challenging. ..the kid or the man??? Lol!

Tom, I am glad there was such a strong community support to honor the lost loved one. Wishing you all well. Congrats on getting leg day done.

Karen, Keep the Cardio Coming is a great Live! I don't know why you feel scattered on your program. Last week looked like you had a good groove going. You've got this!!!

Have a great day!

Heavy bench day, 5 singles at 90%. 3 sets of 2-3 at 80% and 3 sets of 5-7 at 70%. Today I did 5 short warm up sets and then 5 singles at 230 and I didn't coward back down, then 3 triples at 210 and finished with 190 x7x7x6. For accessories it calls for 3-5 sets of 5-7 reps so I did 4x7 wide grip chins, then I used a pair of 50s and did 4x8 skullcrushers and 4x8 db curls, dropped 10# and did 1x8 conc curls and finished with 4x7 side laterals/ front raise (these freakin kill me) using 30s and maybe that is too much weight for me on these, form breaks down," some swingin" goin on!! I I am making some gains I think, at least mentally! Tomorrow is leg day....AGAIN! Hope I make it. I do work 3 days this week AND I have to go in for awhile on Thursday for a short course and a mask fitting?? Guess they fear a chemical attack! LOL. It may be more TB related, anyway I don't have to be there until 10 so time to lift! Thursday is designed to be an off day, but I have been doing a core day there and I think I may try to add some deads and hit them 1/week. Off for more lawn mower shopping I guess, and probably lunch out. Make Monday pay my friends!

LIsa, sorry about the sick hubby and kid, but NO DOUBT, hubby will be worse!! Hang in there, we guys are wimps! (the following was from personal experience ONLY! This is in no way an indictment on any other male!) Good work young'un on getting some stuff done!!

Leg day light! I did arrive at the dungeon on time, but I was still pretty fried from Sunday so I decided to go light on legs and throw in some abs. A2G bwt squats 2x15 (right knee really sore on these) kb swings 2x15, and light straight leg deads (100# ez curl bar) 2x10 to stretch the hammies. For calves I did single leg calf raises x35 x30. Abs were 2x20 cable crunches, 2x100 alt knee to chest in plank position and 2x1 min side planks (each side). Certainly was not brutal, but some work was done at least, lower body was just not recovered enough for another hard leg day since the last one was 2 days ago, and I haven't been hitting abs very frequently so good to get some core stuff in. All I got friends, make this day yours!

Light bench day, 4 sets of 5-7 at 60-65% 1rm. I did go heavier, about 70-75% depending on what I calculate my 1rm at and did 4x7 at 185 and the last set was pretty hard, so maybe too heavy for light day. I did drop to 135 and did a short set and tried to go to chest, but that is a stretch even there! Accessories were bb military press 115x8, then db seated MP 55s 2x8, db pullovers 50s 1x7, 45s 2x8, ez bar curls 100, 2x10, 1x8, and pushdowns 3x8. Total time about 50 min. I think tomorrow will be core and deads or at least "that's the plan". Be good fellow lifters!

Hey guys!! Gotta ketchup. Monday was an upper body weight workout. Little bit of chest, triceps, shoulders and a teeny tiny bit of biceps. Yesterday was lower body. Squats extensions, leg curls, calves and some abs. Today was Cathe Live PHAT2. Love those PHAT workouts, and my circus flexibility dvd. Believe it or not, it is getting easier, and my legs haven’t fallen off. (Yet)
Tomorrow will be more upper body. Until then, my friends! Later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen, TEENY TINY bit of biceps??....girl, LET THE DOGS OUT!!!LOL Lisa, where you at "Lil Sis"?
Today was "dead core" day, starting with a 12 set ab circuit, cable crunches x 12 (upped the weight 10# and this is up 30# from when I started doing these and it is tough to stay on the ground but feels like REAL weightlifting)/ alt knee to chest in plank position x80/ back to cable crunches x 12/ side plank x 1 min each side, repeating the 4 set circuit 3 times. In followed this circuit with some deadlifts, all sumo, 205 x 5, 255 x 3, and a single at 295, then dropped to 225 x 10 (cardio?). Lower back was a little sore before doing these so I didn't push the weight like I wanted to, but it didn't bother me while doing them.
Be Bosses today my friends,,,Karen "bust some bi's", Lisa, hope your brood is feeling better and hope you didn't get the bug! Off to a short training session...yay!

Sorry for the absence. My home has been transformed into the local cold and flu hospital unit (everyone is sick), with a bacterial infection thrown in for my little guy and an appendicitis scare thrown in for me. The viruses remain, but DS is doing much better (thank you pharmacy for making baby medicine that tastes like a milkshake, otherwise he wouldn't touch it). And I, thankfully, will not be getting my appendix removed. It's a useless little sucker but anything to avoid surgery!!!! I probably won't be back until Monday. In the meantime, thanks for keeping me entertained with your shenanigans!

Lisa, hoping your house heals! The appendix thing is scary...glad it was a false alarm! Today was medium weight bench day, working sets were 6x3 at 215 (up 5# from last week) then dropped to 185 and did x7x6x5. I cut accessories down to 3 sets of 1 arm cable pulls (up 5#), seated militaries x7x7x6, skullcrushers 3x8 and db curls 3x10. Off for a Friday work day..KILL IT my friends!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.