Lifting like girls

My goodness, Lisa!! The whole house sick!! Gotta love it! When it rains, it pours, no doubt, and you had an appendicitis attack? Wishing everyone a big time recovery! Come back when you can, we miss you!! Take care!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it! Leg day down. I was able to go back to bench squats and after a warm up set I did sets of 5 at 135 155 175 and 195. After the 195 the right knee was a little sore so I stopped there. I followed with 3x15 gob squats (50 kb), 3x5 straight leg deadlifts (205), 3x15 sumo squats (90), and 3x20 kb swings (50 kb). For calves, 3x25 standing BB calf raises (195), and 3x25 single calf raises (unweighted). It is Saturday and I am watching the Nebraska spring game, 90,000 people ...AT A SPRING GAME....geeze! I am a Cornhusker football fan (my alma mater) and a KU basketball fan...complicated guy!!
Enjoy the weekend lifter Ladies!

Last edited:
Today was abs and some deadlifts. The ab circuit was cable crunches x30/ alt knee to chest planks x6o/crunches x 20/ right and left side planks x 1 min. I completed the circuit 3 times and then did some deadlifts, 225x3 (conv) 255x3 (sumo) 275 x 3 (sumo) and then singles at 315 and 325. I haven't done a lot of deadlifts on the heavier end lately, but doing them sumo seems less prone to back issues for me and I would like to start going heavier if I can. With conventional deads I feel so "jumbled up", and it just really feels like I cant get comfortable and I throw my "thutt" up early, just to get out of that position, then kinda straight leg it up from there...not a good omen for the lower back. With sumo, I just feel less restricted and it is more comfortable on set up. I never thought I would prefer sumo....but here I am!!
Enjoy Sunday my friends!

Upper body day, deviated from program, and made it up as I went. I wanted to try to go heavy on bench and worked my way up to singles at 235 and 240, (with the block) but I weenied a little and stopped just short of the block! It's a mental thing because I didn't have any trouble finishing the lift, just the fear of getting stuck. I dropped to 205 x5, 185 x8 and then I dropped to 135 x8 but took out the block and went to chest. That stretches the he!! out of me, but at light weight it is probably good stretching. I decided to just do 2 sets of accessories and dropped weight with longer sets; db press 2x10 (50s), chins 2x10. skullcrushers x15 x12 (40s), and db curls x15 x12 (40s) and dropped 10 and did a 1x10 on curls.
Of to work on a rare Monday, meeting tomorrow then off to St. Louis until Monday...it will be a DB deload week. Have as good a Monday as possible Ladies!

Karen, first mow of the season, the lawn is always a jungle! This year we are pampering ourselves...or wiping out, depending on your point of view.. and paying a local company to mow and edge the lawn. It's only $25/week and worth every penny because it gives ME two more hours of Dad on Duty weekend time. But DS is definitely going to be taking over yard duties when the time comes. He's just got to learn to walk first. :)

Tom, what a leg day for Sunday. High five! LOL on your sports personality disorder. You just can't decide! Actually makes sense to me. Can't give all your sports love to just one school! I am definitely questioning your commitment to the deload, your nemesis!

Yeah, when it rains it pours. Went to Urgent Care yesterday because I had had enough. When I am sick for two weeks or more it is usually a sinus infection. And, sure enough... On meds and already feeling light years better. We'll hopefully be getting back to "bizness" this week.

Thanks for all the motivation, smiles, and support, my friends

Today was my heavy Monday. Really doesn't seem like a real workout, because there's not a lot going on here. Bench press, Bent over rows, DB shoulder press, Lying Tricep extensions and BB or DB curls. I guess it's kind of a warm up for the rest of the week.
Lisa, there was a time when a lawn company did our mowing as well. Can't remember why we cancelled. I may look them up again. Get well! Being sick is no fun. I've only had one sinus infection. It was the worst! Thought I was dying. We lived in Dallas, and there was no family around, but we only had one kid at the time. Healing vibes coming your way!!
Tom, years from now, people will be writing on Cathe's Forum about legend Tom! Keep up the great work!
Take care my friends, Monday is over!

Last edited:
Lisa, I have done the same thing but actually hit it! I had to hit it again I think...I bout died, thought I had pi$$ed off Karen I think,,wanted to go hide!! I knew if she came looking for me it WOULDNT go well!! LOL I think I got rid of it, but my computer is different than my phone, SOOOOOO.....if you guys EVER get a report from me, it was a "finger misplacement"! Really glad the Doc healed you up my friend! Karen, that w/o you didn't think amounted to much sounded like a lot to me, so I think I WILL report you for making me feel bad! Your beast mode days make me cry!
Today was a deload leg day and thank heavens it was, cause it was about all I had for some reason. 3 light sets of bench squats up to only 155. 2x8 DB squats with 40s and 50s, gob squats 2x10 (50 kb), 1 leg straight leg deadlift x10 x8 (50 kb) and 2x12 kb swings (50 kb). Calves were BB standing calf raise x25 x20 (155) and single leg standing calf raise (0) 2x20. Have a meeting this morning then off to St Louis until Monday. Son 1 has powerblocks and a bench and pullup bar so I will do a deload week there, He also has an elliptical BUT WHO CARES!!! (truly hate those things).
My lady lifter friends, it is truly an honor to be in this check in with you and I would be lost without you! You guys ROCK!!! The accountability and especially friendship has been amazing and if you ever quit hearing from me it is because I either dropped a barbell on my head, OR hit report on Karen and am no longer on this planet! Seriously, this has been special for me and thanks for letting me be a "lifting like girls guy"!! OK. mush time over......get iron friends!

Deload upper body day, 2 sets of db flat bench, 2 sets db inclines, 3 sets of pullups, 3 sets of seated db shoulder press, 3 sets of tri kickbacks and 3 sets of db curls. Son 1's bench is " stupid low" and short. My bad cause I bought it for him but makes me love mine at home! Tomorrow is usually core abs and deads, but will have to use db's for deads and he has an ab wheel so will probably use that. All I got for now, do yourselves proud!!

Tom, I for one am impressed at your son's home gym because he had an elliptical. Lol, just kidding, although I probably don't hate it as much as you! At least he's got Power Blocks even if his bench sucks! Good work on your deload even while out of town!

Karen, have you been self-medicating again? ;) How are you?

I'm getting back at it. Yesterday was Low Impact Conditioning Express Live. Today was Party Rocking Step 1 DVD. Will hit the weights tomorrow, see how it goes!

I 100% agree with Tom's gushing over our friendship. I'm so privileged to know you both and to be sharing in our fitness...and life!... journeys together.

Yesterday was a lower body workout, the usual Tuesday workout. There was a time when heavy leg extensions had my eyes rolling back in my head. I think I need to go heavier, I haven’t seen the back of my head yet. I am progressing in weight. I won’t list my weights, it looks so pathetic on paper. Anyway it’s all good. Today was Cathe Live Vertical Workout? (I forgot what it’s called) anyway it was good, and I liked it. Tomorrow is upper body again. Until then......ditto, so honored to call you my friends!!

Abs and posterior chain day. I started with a 5 min plank...wanted to see if I could..and did! Next were db deads, 60s x 10, 1 min each side side planks, 1x10 db deads with 80s, 100 alt knee to chest in plank position and 1x10 db deads with 90s. I finished with 25 ab wheel roll outs. Something done and I'm good with it!! Kaen, I doubt anything you do is pathetic! Lisa, happy you are able to hit it again! Revel in the pain friends!

OK, maybe today was NOT a deload!! I was in bed, deciding what to do and came up with this less than brilliant idea. I decided to start the day with a circuit of pushups/ pull ups, 30/10 27/9 24/8 21/7 18/6 15/5 15/4 15/3 15/2 15/1 15/5. Total was 210 pushups and 60 pull ups. Accessories were 3x8 skullcrushers ( tris prefried from pushups) seated db shoulder presses x15 10 10, and db curls x12 12 13. Sammy Hagger " can't drive 55" and I can't deload!! I'm chalking it up to senility and I'm good with it!! It's Friday and still dog sitting in St Louis, off to the outlet stores later..,yippee!!!

I'm here, I m here! Yesterday was Pump Party Live. Today was Warrior Kickboxing Live.

Tom and Sammy Hagar, 2 peas in a pod! I bet Sammy outlet shops too!

Karen, you're rocking it. Don't you dare undersell how bad a$$ you are!

Have a great weekend! It's crazy nuts around here. .. El pollo loco, that's me!

I'm here, I m here! Yesterday was Pump Party Live. Today was Warrior Kickboxing Live.

Tom and Sammy Hagar, 2 peas in a pod! I bet Sammy outlet shops too!

Karen, you're rocking it. Don't you dare undersell how bad a$$ you are!

Have a great weekend! It's crazy nuts around here. .. El pollo loco, that's me!

Love me some Sammy!! I can’t drive 55 either!
Yesterday was more yard max! Mowing and trimming and weed pulling, that kind of stuff. Thursday was heavy upper body. Today will be more yard work with heavy lower body. I bought a touring on the bike video at Mary’s sale. Today I will be touring windmills, tulips and Amsterdam Holland! Have a great weekend! Oh, BTW Tom, way to go, sitting your granddog. I need a dog sitter, do you hire out? Take care guys!!

Total Body Sculpt Live from WAY back, 9/4/2014! My DD2 wasn't even born yet! This felt really tough and it was long....71 mins. We're stuck in the temperature limbo of being hot for a couple days but then low 60s the next couple days, so it's too early for the AC to be on. Which made for a very hot, sweaty, gross workout room. I know, First World Problems.

Karen, your touring workout sounds fun! But how can you do lower body on yard day? Yeowch! In terms of a dog sitter, when my DH was in grad school his advisor would have us dog sit, which consisted of checkling on the dog 2x each day, to give food ,water, take her for a walk. They had a doggie door so she could go relieve herself as needed. Anyway, if there is anyone you know that you trust enough to give house keys to do that for you, it is a good gig for older teens or college kids.

Have a great weekend!

It's a little ironic, but here I am on a " deload" and I am really sore for the first time in awhile ( for anything BUT leg day)! My lats are ready sore and I do pull ups all the time ( maybe not 60)! My chest is even sore and I have been doing a chest intensive program ( but really haven't done many pushups in a pretty long time). I may have to do that again soon. My traps are a little sore from db deads and even the abs are sore from planks, but most likely the ab wheel roll outs( again, been awhile for those). I guess we get used to what we do do EVIDENTLY variety is good!
Today WAS a deload leg day, 2 sets of db squats, db gob squats, sumo squats and static lunges. For calves was 2 sets of heavy db standing calf raises and 2 sets of single calf raises.
Karen, this dog watching gig is brutal!! Been soaking vitamin D at the pool!
Way to go ladies on lawn max and sweaty gross max!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.