Lifting like girls

Cracked up on the star wars thing..lol!! I may have to check "potty mouth" out....love sailors! Lisa, that might be great viewing!!! Poop, pee, boogers...cmon. how could it get better!!
Today was light legs, deads and abs. Only did 2 sets of each leg exercise cause leg day comes again Tuesday. I kept some of the things a little light..went to a 40 kb on gob squata cause the last w/o was a knee disaster and it was ok. 2 sets of db squats 40s x8, 50s x 8, gob squats 40kb, 2x10, somo squats 90# db 2x10 and rev lunges 30s 2x8. Calves were 2x20 heavy db calf raises and 2x20 single, unweighted calf raises. For deads I did 2 x 3 at 205, 225, 245 (1 conv, 1 sumo at each weight) I am going to try to gradually get back to heavier deadlifts. I am afraid "lighter leg days" may be the new norm...HOPE NOT, cause it kinda feels like "pi$$ing into the wind" if ya know what I mean! I finished the w/o with 2 sets of heavy cable crunches and 2 sets of knee to chest planks.
MY guys play again today..purposely did NOT buy more jellybeans..(fingernails may suffer lol) Enjoy your Sunday my friends!

Great day in the dungeon! Today was heavy day and I really thought it might be a bust, but it turned out very good. My tris were still sore from Friday...the combination of DB pullovers and skullcrushers fries them, so, expectations were not high. I did my usual incremental warm up, short sets at 115, 135, 155, 175, then singles at 195 and 210. I decided to load it up (for me) and go with 220 today and the first 2 singles were great, then I mind whipped myself and stopped short of the block on the third, so I dropped to 215 (last weeks weight) and did 3 singles with no problem. Then it calls for 3 sets of 2-3 reps at 80% which would be 192, so I put on 195 and did sets of 3 4 5..felt great! I was so pumped up at this point that I did a finishing set (not called for) of 165x10...16 sets in all. LOVE THIS PROGRAM!! I cant believe how it is working for me, in fact, I may alter it to strict press...don't know why it wouldn't work? Accessories call for 3-5 sets of 5-7 reps, so I did chins x7x7x7x8, seated BB military press (115 again) but this time did x7x6x5x5 (definite improvement, especially after heavy bench day), ez bar curlsx7x7x7x7 and heavy tri pushdowns x7x7x7x7, All in all, a great day!
OK, done with my basement fanaticism, but today was great and KU is in the final 4... life is good, .......BUT, tomorrow IS leg day !!!lol!
Have a great Monday lifters (if that's possible)!

Tom, glad you're loving the program. Congrats on your team's survival! Make a bargain with yourself...show up for leg day or else NO game for you! That's gotta work.

Karen, wow big day yesterday...and today! Has your DH landes safely in PR? Lol on Vegas tourists. Didn't think it would be so "eclectic" in Utah, but never underestimate Sin City I guess! I actually find the legal shenanigans amusing, with the exception of all the cigarette smoking in Vegas. Blech . Of course I am such an old soul I just people watch from the sidelines. Maybe a couple slot machines, but that's about it. Are you still working a shorter week? How will you stay out of trouble with your DH gone? For his sake I hope they have Starbucks in PR.

Had zero mojo today so I did XTRAIN Super Cuts. I liked it. I think I have only done it one time before??? It got the job done, that's what matters!

Hi guys! Today is did Hannah Eden's Monster Monday from her 30 day workout plan. She has it posted on You Tube, to entice people to join the 30 day gig. It's a great workout, she has her husband and one other guy as her workout companions. But, the girl is crazy, and she looks fantastic. That's about it, DH is probably landing in Puerto Rico right now. I've been up since 4:00, crazy day, absolutely a Monday, so I am going to veg in front of the TV. Just do it! Later

Leg day, and I went down with the intention of doing 2 sets of each again, but ended up doing 3 sets each........ applause please! I started with 3x8 db squats using 40s 50s and 60s, 3x10 gob squats (and went back to 50kb), 3x10 sumo squats (90) and 3x8 rev lunges (30s). For calves, standing db calf raises (90s) x25 x20 x20 and single unweighted calf raises 3x20. I feel worked, but it wasn't terminal! Lisa, can I watch the game now?? Karen, hope hubby got there ok, and yeah, I checked Hannah out, and she is a ripped little thing...geeze! Off to my Monday(to be followed by my Friday, so I guess its not so bad). Carry on friends!

Bench lite today, 4 sets of 5-7 at 60 -65%, I went about 73% (convenient increment) which was 175 and did 4x7. Accessories were 1 arm cable pulls, 4x8, seated db press x10 10 9, db curl 3x10 and skullcrushers x12 11 10. Total time about 50 min. Well, off to my Friday....have a " humpday good un"!

Tom, your keeping us on the ball with your regular posts. Thanks! Good luck to KU this weekend! You earned yourself a "ticket" to watch since you did leg day!

Karen, I need to look up Hannah Eden on YouTube. Never heard of her. How are you adjusting? Everything going ok?

Can't remember my last post, so I will start with Tuesday, which was a KCM leg workout. Wednesday was KCM Step boxing. Today was 4DS Legs. I add a bit of my own "stuff" to make the shorter leg workouts longer. Have a great Thursday!

Today was a rest day and I usually do abs, but today DW and I had some running around to do so I decided to do as the program called for AND keep DW happy!! Tomorrow is medium day ( or so they say!) lotsa reps at 80%. Annual trip to the accountant also went down and we may have to eat noodles lol!! I signed up for some Fridays...dunno why, but the population at work is increasing and with that comes.....MORE DENTAL REQUIRED! Gonna try to see if we can make some enrows and catch up, but that seems to make trips to the accountant less pleasant! Kill it friends!!!

It was medium day on bench, working up to 5-7 sets at 80% of 1RM. I raised my 1RM 10# and did 200 x3x3x3x4x4x5x4 then 175 x8 and for accessories,4 sets of chins, seated BB press (only did 3 sets then 1 set of side lat/front raise), pushdowns and dec curls. I cut down the rest periods between sets but it still took me 55 min. Have a great Friday all!

Tom, trips to the accountant for taxes are always mixed emotions. If you get money back, you're pi$$ed you loaned the government money at 0% interest, and if you owe money, you're pi$$ed cuz stop taking my money!!! Lol. At least you did the most important thing...keep your DW happy. I actually like Ramen noodles, yes I am admitting it. My DH lost 10 pounds in grad school by eating Cup o' Noodles at lunch!!!

Today was cardio. ICE Rock Em Sock Em. Hope you all have a blessed Easter weekend, should you choose to celebrate. Be back Monday. Go Tom's team in the NCAA thingy!

Leg day, and as usual, I always feel like it may not happen because everything is sore, legs, knees, hips, and it just doesn't seem like I can do it....BUT...as I go, it gets better and I always feel better that I did it. (note to self...don't give up on yourself so easy ...dumba$$), Today was, as usual, not flashy but there was still burn. 3x8 db squats (40s 50s 60s), 3x10 gob squats (50 kb), 3x12 kb swings (50kb), and 3x12 sumo squats (90). For calves, 3x25 db standing calf raises (90s) and 1 leg standing calf raises x20 22 25. Tomorrow I am going to try to do some core work just to stay busy since we are expecting 2-4 inches of snow...geeze, on Easter?? Have a great Easter friends, and hopefully it is snow free!

Heavy day and I "bumped it up". Today, after warm up sets, was singles at 225 (3 sets) then I dropped 5# like last week and did 3 singles at 220. Last week was 3 singles at 220, then 215 so up 5#! I'm not sure I have ever done more than partial reps at 225 so I am thrilled! Next called for 3 sets of 2-3 at 80% so I used 200 for 3 triples, then 180 x7x6x6. I know the blocks are making the reps easier, but I still have shoulders and even with the blocks it feels like I'm "walking on the edge". For the accessories I used a pair of 50#db for all the work and did 4 sets, all 8 7 7 7. of pullovers, shoulder press, skullcrushers and alt db curls. I finished off the bi's by dropping 10# and doing 1x12 conc curls. I think this program might work for most exercises to increase your max, but heavy day is long (for me) and today was 34 sets....ugh!
Lisa, hope the kids had a great Easter and Karen, hope hubby's job is going well and you both, my iron bending friends, had a wonderful Easter!

Tom, is this rubbing salt in the wound if I mention I heard your team lost? Condolences to you! I know how serious your loyalty is to your team! Are you cheering for anybody in the final game? Good on you for getting those workouts in, even leg day on Saturday! Our Easter was really good, lots of fun! The Easter bunny even hopped on by with some goodies for the kids.

Karen, hi! Hope you're doing well. We know you're busy but definitely miss you!

Saturday was the newest Live (low impact something or other) and a quickie UB weights workout. Today was PHA Training 3 Live. I'm just over the moon about this workout. It's such fun!

Happy Monday! It's April and hopefully the sun is shining where "all y'all" are! :)

Hey everybody! I guess it's time I got with it. I think DH is doing just fine. Had to send a pic of the new Jeep he's driving. He's a Jeep guy, what can I say? You know, the whole Moab Jeeping thing and all that. Anyway, we're all good. I have been working out, trying different things. This morning was an upper body workout from Cathe Live, a fairly recent one. Tomorrow I think I will do Great Glutes or whatever it's called from Cathe Live. But, if I don't do that I'm going to do an oldie but goody. Some guy, I think his name is Smithey did a lower body workout years ago. I have it somewhere, and now may be the time to pull it out. It's leotard, tights and leg warmers, the whole 80's gig. I may check it out, to see what the fuss was all about. Anyway, that's about it. Glad to see you are all here, and I will be as well. Have a great night, guys! Later.

No go today, no particular reason, sleep just seemed like a better idea. Thursday is a rest day, but this Thursday will be leg day! I have meetings Fri, Sat and Sunday morning, but the place has a great gym so will try to get some iron work done while I am there. Tomorrow is light day bench day and accessories (which probably won't be light!) Be good my friends (unlike me)!!

Light bench day, program calls for 4 sets of 5-7 at 60-65%. I did 4x7 at 70% (nice even number) which was 175. For accessories it calls for 3 sets of 8-10 so I did chins x10x8x8, side laterals/ front raises x8x8x8, skullcrushers x10x9x8, and ez bar curls x10x9x8 (there was some swinging by the later reps...I cannot lie). Tomorrow will be some kind of leg day and hopefully some core as well. DO IT COMMANDOS!!Leg day slacker OUT!!

No worries Tom, we all have those days! And look you got it done, so problem solved. So Lisa, when you get your teeter table, let us know what you think. Every time I use mine, my back seems to slip into place. I think it helped with my sore neck.
Monday was a Cathe Live upper body workout. Tuesday was Cathe Live, that killer glute workout. I think it was harder the second time. On fire! This morning was PHA 3. Another great one. So much easier to workout in the am, when DH is not here. I can get to bed at 8pm, and up at 4am. That’s about it, let’s meet again tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.