Lifting like girls

Today was back and bis, and I did lengthen the back excercises to 4 sets, chins x10x8x8x8, pullovers 4x8 and pulldowns 4x8. For bi's, ez bar curls 3x8, alt DB curls 2x10, decline curls 2x8, and 1 set of conc curls to fail. Worked bodyparts feel shot so I guess "mission accomplished"!
Lisa, I liked Tom Petty too, between the Vegas tragedy and that it wasn't a good day, I hope your cold improves. Karen, I hope all is well with you. Have a good day friends!

Tom, I hadn't even heard about the Vegas thing when I posted yesterday. So much sadness in the world. Makes me appreciate my family, good friends.. like you two... and the feel good workouts we are able to do.

In honor of that, today was a HiiT cardio session by Fitness Blender and a nice treadmill walk thereafter. I am feeling way better, which is why I try to workout when sick (unless it's bronchitis or directed by a doc, etc...I am crazy but not THAT crazy, haha!)

Have a great evening!

Shoulder, tri day,4 sets strict press, 2x15 seated dumbbell press, 3x12 side laterals, 3x12 rear delt flys, 3x12 alternate front raise (I did bump up all the flys 5# and still got3x12...must have been slackin before) and 1x35 dumbbell shrugs. For tri's, 3x10 skullcrushers, 3x8 pushdowns and 1x20 double arm kickbacks. Off to my Friday, make your day a good day!

Last two days have been MetaShred. I'm getting to the point where it's time to find another program. It's starting to bore me. Just wanting something different. Will start the search, or put something together myself. Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great day in the dungeon, chest and legs. I did 10 sets of flat bench and went back to shorter sets on the way up, longer down. today was sets of 5 at 135 155 175 195 215x2 (+1 shorter rep) 195x6 175x8 155x10 and 135x12. Next was 1x10 flat flys, 3x8 inclined bench (stayed at 135 for these) and 1x12 inclined flys (I dropped 10# from flat flys) and I finished chest with 1x30 isos and I was "tapped out!! Next were legs and I started with bench squats, sets of 8 at 135 155 175 and 195 (this is up 20# from last week and knee still around)Next were 3x20 sumo squats and 3x20 kb swings. I actually forgot to do calves (I must have been traumatized by leg day lol) I felt like I put a lot of effort in today, I always try, but somedays we are just able to be a little more intense I guess....purely mental I am sure! Gonna get some calf work in....promise!! Hope all is well for y'all!

Yesterday was my second leg day for the week. Today was the Cathe Live broadcast this morning. I just couldn't resist!

Things are busy but going well over here. Going to take DD1, maybe DD2, to the My Little Pony movie at the movie theatre tomorrow (it's opening day). Heaven help me

High fives to you both!

Another arm day in the books and pretty much samo samo. Supersets: skullcrushers x15 x13 x12/ ez bar curls 3x10, tri pushdowns 3x12/ DB curls 3x10, inclined tri ext 2x12/ decline curls 2x10, double arm kickbacks 2x20/ conc curls 2x10. Many sets near fail, good work was had! I finished with 1x30 cable crunches and called it a day. We are headed to Kansas City to spend the night, DW wants to hit the Hallmark store early...some kind of cuckoo clock??...my job is NOT to question why, my job is to do or DIE!! I wait in the parking lot, it lowers my T levels to go into a Hallmark store lol!! Lisa, good luck with the movie...better you than me! Karen, cant wait to see what you come up with for workouts, but it is a pretty good bet I am NOT brave enough to follow! Have a great weekend Commandos.

My Little Pony!!! And a movie no less. I remember taking my kids to the movies, they thought they had died and gone to Heaven. Have fun Lisa! T level reduction in a Hallmark store. I was unaware of that. I hope DH hasn't entered a store recently.
Yesterday was another leg day. The workouts in the second week, are definitely more aerobic than the first week. A little more difficult. Today is upper body, a little easier. What is it about legs? Always an aerobic effect going on there!
We're going to sell the house in Connecticut. It's rarely used. I would like to turn it over to a management company, and rent it out. But, I think selling it is a better idea. So we will be schlepping all our stuff across country. Thrilled about that. Life IS interesting.
Working on my future rotation, not sure exactly what I want to do. Metabolic, heavy weights, little bit of both, whatever. Now, don't laugh, I have been thinking about enrolling in an adult ballet class, pole dancing, (just for the exercise, mind you) a friend has been pole dancing for about 10 years, she has the most gorgeous abs, back and shoulders. She does just incredible things! Just maybe stepping out of the box. Everyday is a surprise! Thinking out loud here. Have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!

My Little Pony!!! And a movie no less. I remember taking my kids to the movies, they thought they had died and gone to Heaven. Have fun Lisa! T level reduction in a Hallmark store. I was unaware of that. I hope DH hasn't entered a store recently.
Yesterday was another leg day. The workouts in the second week, are definitely more aerobic than the first week. A little more difficult. Today is upper body, a little easier. What is it about legs? Always an aerobic effect going on there!
We're going to sell the house in Connecticut. It's rarely used. I would like to turn it over to a management company, and rent it out. But, I think selling it is a better idea. So we will be schlepping all our stuff across country. Thrilled about that. Life IS interesting.
Working on my future rotation, not sure exactly what I want to do. Metabolic, heavy weights, little bit of both, whatever. Now, don't laugh, I have been thinking about enrolling in an adult ballet class, pole dancing, (just for the exercise, mind you) a friend has been pole dancing for about 10 years, she has the most gorgeous abs, back and shoulders. She does just incredible things! Just maybe stepping out of the box. Everyday is a surprise! Thinking out loud here. Have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!
GOT TO HAVE A VIDEO!!!! Karen, pole dancing is a great w/o, especially upper body and core. I thought I heard once that they were going to make it an Olympic sport...am I crazy? but I thought I did hear that. Anyway, those people that are really good are tremendous athletes! If you do it, have fun!!

[QUOTE="desertambrosia, post: 2419023, [/QUOTE]

Holy mackerel! Take out the hip wiggling and the other stuff is absolutely amazing, athletic acrobatics. The kind of strength needed to suspend one's body horizontally. ..blows my mind. I would say you'll get a crazy ass good workout if you sign up for that class, Karen!

Today was back and shoulders, sort of a push-pull day. I was in Kansas City Friday night and Sat..no weight room, so nuttin Sat, but hit it hard today. I started with 6 sets of strict press, followed by chins x10x10x8, pullovers x10x8x8, side laterals 3x12, rear delt flys 3x12, alt front raises 3x12 and lat pulldowns 3x12, 15 sets of shoulders and 9 sets back. Tomorrow I will try to hit chest and legs?, and I think the airport hotel in St Louis has a gym and I will do arms there. After that, probably nothing until the following Monday because I didn't see a gym at the Cancun resort...maybe they have one, but I couldn't see it on research. I really think a few days off may be a good thing anyway and kind of looking forward to the break! I don't think the resort has cell service but does have wifi so not sure if I will be able to see if my Commando friends are slackin or not!! Karen, will you have to drag your house contents back west if you sell it? Ugh, what a job...and expensive! Lisa, hope your daughter (s) enjoyed My Little Pony.
Oh, buy the way, I have decided to try a new career after watching Karen's friend and seeing what she looks like. I have decided to give up the part time dental thing and become a male pole dancer!!! (something tells me I need to stick to teeth...not a big demand for 68 year old guys doing that!!, especially when they CAN'T)!!! Enjoy your Sunday friends

Karen. I must be asleep at the wheel. Didn't know that you had a house in Connecticut. I would rather die than be a landlord. Too much maintenence, having to repair the damage people do to your house when they live in it but don't care cuz they're "just renting...." But yeah, selling won't be fun. At least it's temporary. Have you decided on your new program?

Tom, yes, stick to dentistry. Not sure how successful your career as a male pole dancer would be after dropping your T levels on those Hallmark Store shopping sprees! I didn't know that those stores still existed!

Saturday was upper body and then a deep tissue massage, which was perfect timing because I was sore after last week's workouts! Get prepared everyone, cuz Monday is on its way!

Got in chest and legs this morning. Led off with an 8 set bench pryamid (tougher after shoulder day),and for legs, 4 sets of dumbbell squats, 3 sets of sumo squats, 3 sets of standing dumbbell calf raises, and 2 sets single, unweighted calf raises. I finished with 3 sets of crunches for some ab work. I hope to get in arms at the hotel tonight, then "slacker city" for a few days! If you don't hear from me again it means Mexico did me in!! Have a great week my friends!

Well, it's finally happened. I'm tired of MetaShred. Really gonna have to get busy on that new rotation. I have a hard time understanding people that write "I've been using this DVD workout everyday for a year, because I love it!" It's been less than three months, and I am tired of the program, and even more tired of BJ. It's a really good program, and my results are awesome, but the repetitiveness (is that even a word?) just ain't working any more! So, I will finish this week, and do next week, and call it "done!" I have so many different things I want to try with this next rotation, but there's just not enough days in the week, to fit it all in. I want something different, but I don't want to be spinning my wheels on something that doesn't work for me. So, I will probably fall into my heavy weights mode, or something metabolic. Oh, and I will be asking Santa for a "pole" for Christmas. DH tells me, he will have to rip out the basement ceiling, so he can attach it to a stud, or a joist or some damn thing. So, I told him that was fine, I want to repaint the basement anyway! He just shakes his head, and calls it another Karenism. I even made a peace offering, and told him he could use it if he wanted. (maybe he will make it more sturdy, if he can use it)
Anyway, that's about it. Usually we have a really long, beautiful Indian Summer here. Temperatures in the 70's. But this year, the middle of September was about it. It got really cold suddenly, and only one or two days that even reached 70. So, I think I'm going to shut down the lawn sprinklers, and give into the fact that Winter is on the way. Well, I've rambled too much, so just want to tell you both, that you are the best, and go kick some butt!

Karen, gotta like DH's resolve, he knows his options are limited.....besides
, what's better than being married to a pole dancer!! Lol. I was wrong, they have a pretty good gym here, lots of machine and cardio stuff which I'm not really into but had dumbbells and a Smith machine and stacks as well. Today was arms ( which I didn't do in St Louis since we had to get up at 2:30!!) I just grabbed some dumbbells and did 4 sets of skullcrushers/ seated curls, and 3 sets of double arm kickbacks/ conc curls, 3 sets of machine crunches and a couple of of pull up sets. It is beautiful here, and even cell service ( for $5 a day). Off to "all you can eat" breakfast to torch any good I did this morning, to be followed by lunch ( food is excellent here)!! Lisa.....hating cardio????? WHAT??? Finally coming around sista to the " iron way"?? Karen, 3 months is VERY DEDICATED...congrats to you for that! You guys inspire....!

Got in a little dumbbell chest work today, 3 sets flat bench, 2 sets inclined bench and 2 sets inclined flys. Added a couple sets of pull ups and called it a quickie day! The food here is terrific and free booze....lethal!! I'm off to bronze....not like it helps, but good for vitamin D!! DW is getting a massage, I am doing a " bikini survey" lol!

Cold and rainy here. Feels like Winter, not Spring. Booooooooo!!! As in thumbs down, not as in Halloween / Fri the 13th ghost. Dreaming that I was on a beach somewhere with the sun shining and an umbrella drink in my hand. Hope you're living it up, Tom.

Karen, hey girl, I think you rocked the Meta program. No shame in moving on. You've done your "time."

Can't remember where I left off with my workout reports so I will say that yesterday was HiiT cardio and core. Today was heavy weight legs. Tomorrow will be upper body something or other. Things are so crazy busy, having 3 little ones means that I am constantly running behind. I feel like a day is productive if everyone has eaten and nobody has gone to the ER for doing a stunt only s toddler or Kindergarten kid would think is a good idea ! (well, exaggeration, kinda!!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.