Lifting like girls

Lisa, gotta admit I don't see any cardio on that program lol! I just couldn't find another day for the 2nd shoulder w/o. Maybe 2x/ week is to much for mine, front and rear delts seem to get some work on chest and back days..traps on dumbbell leg days.....but cardio...you're killing me ha!! I know I will have to shorten the number of sets and just do less, heavier ones for time constraints. You are probably right, I may be a cripple!! How about SUNDAY CARDIO??

Brutal arm day and, of course, I loved it! 1x12 3x15 skullcrushers/ 1x10 3x12 ez bar curls. 2x8 1x10 tri pushdowns/ 2x8 1x10 alternate db curl, 2x15 double arm kickbacks/2x8 conc curls, 2x12 crossbody tris/ 2 sets of barbell 21's/ 1x12 1x15 decline overhead tri ext/ 1x10 1x12 decline curls. 26 sets of joy-pain!! Have a very good Friday Ladies!

I did a "sort of" leg day, straddle bench squats unweighted x20 and a 40# kb x20, dumbbell squats (60s) x10 (70s) x8, static lunges 40s x10 (my guts always feel like they are coming out on these, nothing else does this, it feels like a hernia {or what I think one would feel like}, not sure whether to keep doing these or not. Sumo squats (90) 2x20, dumbbell calf raises (90s) 2x25 and single calf raises unweighted 2x25. I finished with some abs, cable crunches 2x20 (I upped the weight 15#) and crunches x50. Not a killer leg day but legs come up again Monday so hopefully I will still be able to walk! Its Saturday ladies, hope it is a great weekend for my Commando sistas!!

Day 1 of new routine, chest and legs, 8 set bench pyramid with 4 sets of isos worked in between several of the sets. Most sets were in the 8-10 rep range, the two heaviest were 5 and 6 reps. I did a long set of dumbbell inclined bench after the flat bench sets (1x15), then went to legs, and did 4x8 barbell squats, nothing heavy, never went past 155, right knee just says no. Next were 3x15 sumo squats, 3x30 barbell calf raises and 3x25 single calf raises. I am struggling to find things I can do for legs. I looked up my all my symptoms and the diagnosis is "OLD AGE"!!! Sucks but I should be glad I can do anything as so many friends cannot. As my DW tells me "you aren't going to be 25 again"!....I'll take 50! Keep trucking friends, it kind of makes us special, and we should be proud of that!

Tom, I think you are doing great. There are exercises that I can't do just cuz they don't feel right. We all have that "stuff" regardless of age. If I get to vote, I say you're doing awesome! Plus, I hear that 70 is the new 40. Do you have got good things ahead!

Karen, how are ya?

Saturday was Total Body Giant Sets Live. Adore that one. Yesterday was my flu shot workout...gave me a sore shoulder...so today's sore arm workout was Great Glutes. Burned my butt and left my sore flu shot arm alone. Just what I needed!

Have a great start to your week!

Really didn't have it in the tank this morning....but I did do it. Back and Bi day here, and my first set of chins was only 4..everything seemed to hurt, so I did it like a warm up set and followed with sets of 8 then 10. Next were dumbbell pullovers 3x10. lat pulldowns 3x10(I actually lightened these up 10# and kept it strict and paused at the bottom and I really felt the lats). For bi's, 3x10 ez bar curls, 2x8 alternate dumbbell curls, and 2x8 decline curls.
I got my flu shot yesterday and that certainly didn't help, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Tomorrow is shoulders and tris, hopefully the flu shot thing will be over with by then. My Monday today, but tomorrow is my Friday so it is ok! Have Tuesday your way friends!

Yesterday was my first day back after a week off. I'm sore this morning, but, it's a good sore. Lower body, today is upper body. Thinking I will do one more month of MetaShred, then move on. Update on the eyebrows, I love them. My morning makeup routine has been shortened by half. Which is really nothing, I don't wear that much makeup. Not into that anymore. Tom, you got up, and got it done, that counts. Lisa, what's new? Have a great one, all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early morning shoulders and tris. 5 sets strict press, mostly 10 rep sets, 1x16 dumbbell seated shoulder press, 3x12 side lat, rear delt flys and front raises, skullcrushers x15 x12 x12, tri pushdowns 3x8, and a burnout set of double arm kickbacks x25 and a burnout set of dumbbell shrugs x 35. Tougher a 5AM, but gotta do it before work cause it wont happen after! Have a great hump day Ladies (Friday for us semi retired)! Lisa, showing grit in doing xtra pushups...good on ya! Karen, glad to have you back at it...did the week off recharge your batteries?? In a couple of weeks we are going to a wedding in Cancun and not sure if there is any kind of gym, so I wondered if a week off would be helpful of will guilt ruin my trip? We will see!

Yes, Tom, just enjoy Cancun. Your dungeon gym will be waiting for you after you come back, well rested and sun-tanned.

Karen, so glad you are loving the 'brows.' I'm not a huge makeup wearer either but anything that speeds up the morning routine is a plus!

Killer workout for me today. Feel really accomplished. Heavy weights and HiiT. Squat thrust jumps are, dare I say lest I jinx it, easy for me now. Full burpees...with pushups at the bottom, like they do in Cross Fit...still scare me like crazy! Don't even wanna go there, haha

Back to chest and legs. For chest I did an 8 set pyramid, 70 reps, followed by 2x14 inclined dumbbell press and 2x25 chest isos to finish. I only went to 195, but did a lot of long rep sets (for me anyway). Leg day was a bit abbreviated, 3x10 dumbbell squats (40s 60s 80s) 3x15 sumo squats (90) and 2x25 heavy dumbbell calf raises (90s) and 2x25 single calf raises (0). The w/o took about 70-75 minutes and I felt worked! Leg day seemed short and it was, but I had a "backside fire" so I guess all was good! Off to a meeting this morning then back to retired life for a few days.....TOUGH LIFE!! Have a terrific one Ladies!

Curls for the girls, tri's to swat flys?? anyway arm day here. I bumped up the weights for skullcrushers 4x10/ and ez bar curls 4x8, and tri pushdowns 3x10/ and dumbbell curls I left the same 3x8, then incline tri extensions 3x12/ decline curls 3x8, double arm kickbacks 2x20/ conc curls 2x10, 1 sets again of pushdowns to F/ 21's and did a final set of ladder curls....bout died! I only used the oly bar, but, wow, my pauses were often longer than the second called for especially on the way back down...BRUTAL at the end of the w/o! I did do 2 sets of cable crunches after, but hope to get some core stuff in over the weekend. All in all, 25 arm sets and I could "smell what t slop was cookin"!! TGIF ladies, make the weekend all it can be!

This morning was lower body. I did two days of abs mobility and massage. I plan on doing upper body this afternoon. But, I'm thinking that upper body will have to wait until tomorrow. Busy day! Amazing results from repairing our electrical system. All the appliances I thought were giving up the ghost, work perfectly now. I have a feeling that an almost new dishwasher parked in my garage, would work perfectly now. It was a great dishwasher until it stopped working. Was going to give to a scrap metal guy, think I'm going to keep it. Anyway, have a fantastic weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Today was Back and shoulders, starting with supersetting pull ups x8x8x10/ strict press x8x8x6 ( adding 10# each set on presses). Next 3x8 dumbbell pullovers, seated dumbbell press x13x10x10, back to supersets, lat pull down 3x12/ side lat-front raise 3x8, 2x10 dumbbell row and 2x12 rear delt flys. Tomorrow I hope to do some deads and core work....enoy the Saturday friends!

Today was deadlifts, abs and....gasp....cardio! I did 6 sets of deads. evenly divided between conventional and sumo. I did 205 x5x5. 255x5x5 and 295 x3x3. For abs I did 3 sets of bench crunches, 3 sets of cable crunches (raised the weight and it was much harder, only did sets of 10 but almost had trouble staying on the ground) and 5 minutes of alternating side planks, going for 60, 45, 30 and 15 sec a side. And finally I did 5 miles on the airdyne, my version of cardio!! I thought I might try to lean down a little, but, for lunch, we hit a pizza buffet....good intentions down the tube...oh well, there will be another day! We will see how long this 7 days of lifting/week lasts, the few days off may be needed. Tomorrow is Monday Ladies,........I know, I know, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all! Hope the weekend went well for all Commandos!

Chest and legs here, 8 sets of flat bench, 3 sets inclined bench and finished with 2 sets of pushups to fail. Legs were 5 sets of bench squats, 3 sets of sumo squats and 3 sets of barbell calf raises. I could tell that I did 26 reps on deadlifts yesterday, but did go 20# heavier in bench squats than last time...good news there, and knee seemed to do ok. Enjoy your Monday Ladies (if that is possible)!

Good stuff, Tom. That pizza from yesterday powered you through your chest and legs today!

Crappy Monday. Woke up sick with a cold and then just found out Tom Petty died. He was one of my favorites, like top 5, and I never got to see him in concert. Sucks that he's gone.

Saturday I did Metabolic Mash-up Live and, even though I have a cold, opted to do some body weight leg stuff today. Got a good burn. DD1 has fall break this week...already!!!...so I will be MIA most of this week. So, Karen and Tom it's up to you to keep pumping the iron and conquering those tough workouts!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.