Lifting like girls

As you probably guessed, I weenied out yesterday. I did do 2 sets of bwt squats and single calf raises and a set of bwt lunges and a set of pushups but that was it! Today was shoulders and I tried to make them pay the price for letting their lower extremity cousins slack! I started with a 6 set pyramid of strict press, 2 sets of seated dumbbell shoulder press, 3 sets of side laterals, rear delt flys, front raises and dumbbell shrugs and finished with 3 sets of cable crunches. I felt worked and that was goal soooooo...WAY TO GO TOMMY!!! (think I hurt myself patting my back)!! Karen, I don't think a week off is going to do YOU any damage. I would look like Jabba the Hutt, but you will still probably look like you are ready for the Miss O! Lisa, luv your dedication! I don't know how you do it with small kids,,,amazing..and getting fierce, out pumping Cathe and adding reps...y'all motivate and I wanna be like you when I grow up! Have a great Thursday friends!

Well about 6-8 weeks ago, DH and I watched a documentary on Netflix "What The Health." We found it to be quite interesting, and decided to try vegan. So, I'm here to report our progress. Personally, I don't miss meat, but I have yet to find a replacement for the half and half in my morning coffee. I've tried almond, cashew and coconut milk, and I need my half and half! What's a girl to do? But, I feel better, and lighter. This agrees with me, and I will continue. Today was one of my favorite leg workouts. Two minutes work, 30 seconds Cardio and 30 seconds rest. Lots of split squats, hip thrusts, fun stuff. So, good job, all!!have a good one!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom, love that spell check wants you to have a "yummy tuck". Isn't it all the yummy stuff that gives us the need for a tuck in the first place?! I would lose my mind if I didn't work out, end up in the psych ward or something. Lol. Gotta make it happen!

Wow, Karen, vegan is a big change. I never thought of you as a big meat eater but it's the little things that I think would be tough, like your half and half. What about full on coconut milk, like the thick stuff in the can? I've read that that is delicious. I personally do like cashew milk.

Today was total body weights from Fitness Blender. Very sweaty. Felt the pump.

Arm day, 24 sets, 284 reps...yup, I kicked A$$ today! Felt good, many reps near fail, YAY. My shortest set was 10 reps, aiming for some hypertrophy. I started with 4 sets of skullcrushers/ 4 sets of ez bar curls, 4 sets of pushdowns/ 4 sets of dumbbell curls, 2 sets of crossbody tri's/ 2 sets of conc curls and 2 sets of double arm kickbacks/ 2 sets of decline curls. The result was "fried appendages" and I loved it! I know this isn't special to you ladies, but I measured my arms today (a total guy thing) and my left (bigger for some reason) was 17 1/2 inches!...I don't think they were ever that large! When I started sts a few years ago it was 14 1/2... now I was depressed about that but.......vive la difference!! Nuff guy talk. Karen, vegan would be fatal for me but you seem to be thriving and shredding on it. Good luck! Lisa, are you a carnivore like me?...I get my veggies in French fries lol! (I'm not QUITE that bad) Its Friday my friends, enjoy it!

Tom, that's great arm growth! 3 inches is proof that your consistency is paying off! I don't think it's just a guy thing. I love getting bigger muscles! Just don't want my stomach to grow, but arms, legs, shoulders, posterior chain, he'll yeah! :)

I love vegetables and eat a gigantic Mish mosh salad at least one time each day. I like meat, fish, eggs but am more of a carb lover by taste...but my body does not love carbs so I must obey! I would have a hard time going vegan tho, so way to go Karen!

Today was a rough morning so I found some Shelly Dose YouTube cardio that seemed "fun" and went with that! TGIF iron head friends!

Vertical Loading Live for me today. I like this one for fast paced total body. Hope to get a walk in later. It got really chilly here all of a sudden, straight from blazing hot summer to chilly fall (even tho it's still summer technically speaking). Where are my moderate temps? :(

Have a great weekend!

Today is the day I get my microbladed (microblading) eyebrows. Watched a couple of procedures on you tube. It involves sharp things and such. Hmmmm. What the hell am I doing? I will let you know. Maybe even post a pic(unless I look too ridiculous!)

I need a " yummy tuck, Karen is getting "microbladed". Lisa, how bout you? I did a little today, but not much. I did 3 sets of dumbbell squats, 1set of chin ups, 3 sets of single calf raises, 1 long set of unweighted static lunges and a set of cable crunches. Watched tv and vegged out ( nope, no real veggies, just crap) I am beginning to think surgery would be easier lol!! Gotta get my mind right...have a great rest of the weekend ladies!

Good Monday morning friends! Yesterday I did the unspeakable, 8 MILES ON THE AIRDYNE, then 50 cable crunches...of course I continued to eat crap so probably all for naught! Today was chest and tri day, 20 sets in all, 12 bench, 1 long set of dumbbell inclines (18 reps), 3 sets of skullcrushers, 3 sets of tri pushdowns and a set of double arm kickbacks. It felt like I worked hard, no record breaking performances, but fatigue was gained! Many of the bench sets were sets of 10 and I even did longer sets on the way to heavier weights, where as often I do short sets on the way up, longer down. Hope all is well for my Commando sistas and the week starts off right!

Karen, I am with you. Not a fan of the medical needles and sharp stuff! Never ever watch the YouTube videos before the procedure, girl! Ignorance is bliss! Hope you are doing ok

Tom, we'll it's almost Fall so can't blame you for reaching for the comfort food. Today is another day and you already got the week started right! Also, who are you, doing all that cardio on the bike?! Haha

Today was Long and Strong Legs Live. My legs already hurt. Uh oh!

Back and bi day, 4 sets of chin ups, 4 sets of pullovers, and 4 sets of pulldowns. For bi's, 3 sets ez bar curls, 2 sets alt dumbbell curls, 2sets dec curls and finished with a set of 21's. All is well if the arms just swell! Have a great Tuesday ladies!

No workout today. I did get my eyebrows done, and I must admit, I like them. But, it did hurt, I would be lying if I said it didn't. I can't get them wet for 5 days, and Thursday will be the 5th day. It has been a challenge washing my hair and getting ready for work without getting them wet. Now, I realize that all these models and actresses with the perfect brows, bought them. And, so did I. I'm not vain, but my brows have seemed to vanish within the last year. Anyway, glad I did it, but I would never spend the $800 they charge in California. I had mine done because my spa/salon was promoting it as a new "spa procedure." After this promotion the price will be $400. I will never spend that much for nice brows. So, this is a one time deal for me. Well, you're all caught up on my news! Have a great week! If I do get a little stir crazy, I may give a Linda Wooldridge workout a go! Later!

Karen, I am sorry it hurt but am happy you like them! I think you have earned a splurge for yourself, no need to justify the expense. You work damn hard girl, and you are worth it. I bet it looks awesome! I'm tempted by Linds Woolridge stuff too, with all the Balates (sp?) chatter on OD.

Tom, you doing OK? It's Wednesday leg day, did you show?!?!

Yesterday was UB + HiiT from Fitness Blender. I woke up with a sore throat in the middle of the night last night so today was going to be a rest day but then I felt better by naptime so I did an "easier" leg weight workout. Also walked on my new treadmill which my DH assembled yesterday but, crap, I don't like it as much as my old one. Might return it and get a different style. The cover over the motor sticks out too far and I keep hitting it every time I take a step.

The big NOOOOOOOO! Nope, no go. what they make Saturdays fo, I was a no sho! And yep, it was leg day. My shoulders were tired from chest and back day and since lately my leg days have consisted of holding heavy dumbbells, I decided to give the traps a break so they wouldn't be so shot for shoulder day......my story and I'm sticking to it! (I'm such a wuss!). So much for cleaning up my eating too, for supper I had a quarter pounder, double hamburger, large fries. 2 pieces of toast and jelly, 4 pieces of bacon and a big bowl of chocolate marshmellow ice cream...and I wonder why I am thicker in the middle than I want to be...geeze
I will show tomorrow for shoulders and will do something for legs in the next 3 days....promise!

Attended a Metabolic party today, hosted by Cathe, Sweat Blast Live from Sept 7, 2017. A definite adrenaline rush. Felt great, and I think it knocked out any lingering sniffles and throat aches from my cold!

Tom, you can do this! How was shoulders today? You love giving your delts a hard time, haha!

It's Thursday, let's crush it!

Good Morning lifter girls! It was shoulders for me today and threw in some abs. I did 6 sets of strict press, not very heavy but long sets. I followed with 3 sets of seated dumbbell shoulder press, 1 arm side laterals 3x12, rear delt flys 3x12 and alt front raise 3x12 and dumbbell shrugs x30x25x25. For abs, 100 reps of crunches ( 50 30 20) and 100 reps of seated knee ins (4x25)
I have been giving some thought to changing my program and trying to hit everything twice/week (and yes, that does include legs)! This is what I came up with (advice from you ladies much appreciated).
Monday chest and legs
Tuesday back and bi
Wed shoulders and tris
Thurs chest and legs
Friday ARMS(gotta have fun 1 day!)
Sat back and shoulders
I thought I would work core stuff into the other days when I could. If you ladies see anything that won't work or have any suggestions please let me know, I do value your knowledge. Make the day great my friends.

Tom, the program schedule looks great except I worry about your shoulders getting wonky from being too hammered on Fri and Sat. Might I suggest back, core, and cardio (your bike) on Saturday? You know I have to advocate for the cardio where you are concerned!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.