KK's March 2010 Thread

Good Evening!

Boy, this flu or whatever it is comes and goes and comes and goes. Right now it has me in its grip.

Let's see. Today was an oldie. #4 of the FIRM -- I like that one cause it's a full body workout, yet only 42 minutes. Fits into my schedule nicely.

Finally finished scheduling the tour and the amount of relief I feel is incredible. Still have to go on the tour, but at least all that time and effort at scheduling is done.

Jeanette, your workouts look good -- I like that Cardio Core express -- good workout. So sorry to hear that your German Shorthair needs some surgery. I remember you writing about taking her out and letting her run. We do this with our dogs, too.

Janie, yeah that really looks like a terrific rotation.

Rhea, hope you had a great day today.

Well, I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a super day tomorrow.:D

Did Athletic Step today.

KK
, I'm so sorry about you being ill. Hope you feel better soon.

Congratulations for finishing the tour schedule.

Janie

KK - Sure hope that that "flu" or whatever finally goes away. Congrats on getting the schedule done. One less thing to worry about, hey?

Janie - great job on the workouts. BTW, great job on the results from the rotation. I don't have a lot of those workouts, otherwise it would be tempting to do. Of course, I did cave and order BBL. Looks like way too much fun. I think doing Chalene's extreme mixed with BBL and STS cardio would be a great combo.

Jeanette - great day out today!!! I betcha you are hitting the links this afternoon. Wish I could go golf this afternoon, but have high school obligations today. (well, plus trial next week) I might just take the lap top home and work out in the sun this weekend. Also, I think we might have to spray for weeds already. Yikes, even the grass is looking like it might have to be cut soon.

Well, back to work. Have a great weekend. My internet is back up at home, but the sunshine is going to keep me from the computer.

Hi,
Let's see, Thursday I overslept so no workout. What a slacker!! After work, I went to my sister's 50th birthday party. Friday was a furlough day from work. I did a premix from Step, Jump & Pump (step circuit), then golfed 9 holes. Today's workout was a bike ride in the afternoon. Not sure what I'll do tomorrow, but probably some kind of circuit. This week has been kind of a rest week from STS. I'm going to repeat Meso 2.

Janie, the hike with your DH sounds wonderful. My DH and I may take the dogs out on the desert to relax and have some fun. Good job on Athletic Step. I don't think that one is a walk in the park. Great job on your weight loss!

Karen, I hope your flu is gone now. I woke up in the middle of the night a yucky stomach (didn't know if it was upper or lower, but hoping for lower as I HATE to puke). Got back to sleep and woke up feeling okay. One of my favorites from STS Cardio is the Core Cardio Circuit workout. Hope Georgie is staying close to home.

Rhea, let me know how BBL is as I've been thinking about ordering it. I've been tempted. I got the front and back yard cleaned up today, mowed, raked, etc. We need to do some burning but I think it's supposed to be windy tomorrow. I got to golf on Friday, and was invited into a group with Chuck Spirk, Kenny Loflin, Bob someone, Terry Lewis. I did okay, little bit of pressure at first, but I did fine. Chuck had given me a couple lessons when I first started and I think he saw a wee bit of progress from then (I hope). I'll get to golf at D'Andrea on Monday with a girlfriend, after checking Lexxie in at Baring Vet Hospital for her surgery. I love playing D'Andrea. Think I also will be playing Fall River with Mary Jo this coming Saturday (love that course too). Any sewing projects for you right now? I bought a pattern and fabric for a tote bag. Hope I can figure out the instructions. They seem more difficult than my quilting instructions.

Gotta run,

Just vegetating right now. Thinking about cleaning up the garden area.

Rhea, Your combination of a rotation sounds like a winner to me. Will you be doing that? BBL, Chalene's Extreme with STS cardio?

Jeanette, Looks like your workouts are doing good. And it's golfing/biking season. Yeah!

KK, Hope you are feeling better.

Janie

Good Afternoon!

I'm afraid I'm falling off on the workouts. I think I only worked out 3-4 days last week -- mostly cause of the flu thing. But I'm better now and still I didn't workout yesterday -- just too busy. How come I'm so busy and making no income? Geez!

Anyway, today I plan to do another one of thei Hiits -- or maybe just for a change, I'll do the all blasts from IMAX2 or 3. I always enjoy those too. We'll see... So I think I'll just list what I plan so as to force myself back to working out 6 days a week.
Mon: Hiit or an IMAX
Tues: Push & Pull
Wed: Cardio -- maybe a step
Thurs: FIRM #4 -- 42 minute workout
Fri: Hiit
Sat: Off -- my booksigning schedule begins
Sun: Cardio Core

Janie, thanks for your thoughts. Sounds like you and your DH are having a great time. I so love hikes, myself.

Jeanette, your workouts look terrific! Wow! Hope you don't come down with what I had -- not that it was very intense -- just long -- it would go, come back, go, come back. Sigh...

Rhea, glad you see you're hanging in there on your workouts. Georgie did come home. After that one night of being out all night -- and then having to stay in for 2 days, he's at least trying to come home now at a decent hour. I can't blame him. He's young and the night is appealing and so much to do... But of course, I worry and can't sleep when he's out all night so...

Have a super day everyone. :D

Oh Geez, I though I posted yesterday, must have run out of time.

Janie - Yep, I'm going to do something with all three of them. I started CLX yesterday. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I did HIIT 40/20, whew, that was a toughie. BBL is supposed to be here Friday, so I'll throw in some of those for the cardio, I think, just not sure yet. I'll have to preview them and then decide where they would fit in.

Well, KK - you have just being going, going, going. Just take care of yourself, 'k?

Jeanette - I'm still working on my McKenna Ryan quilt, I've been going very slowly since the pieces are really small and there are lots of them. I only have one more block to be sent to me and then I can put it all together. I just haven't had the energy at nightime lately to quilt. I've learned not to sew when tired, too many "re-sews." The last time I actually sewed the seam three times before I finally got the "right" sides together. Don't know how I could do that three times in a row, except that I was too tired. lol, such a dork sometimes.

Well, back to work. Have a three day jury trial starting tomorrow, so I'll be scarce.

Hi girls,
Got back in town this afternoon. Our dog Lexxie had knee surgery yesterday afternoon in Reno. She has a full length soft cast on her right hind leg, poor thing. She's on house arrest, but can be taken outside on a leash to go to the bathroom. I feel so sorry for her. Yep, her knee was messed up. I also golfed yesterday afternoon in Reno with a girlfriend, had a good time, despite the wind.

No workout yesterday, but today i did a bike ride. Tomorrow, I will start STS Meso 2.

Janie, did you get the garden area spruced up? Seems like you had a big garden last year. Doing the same thing this year? When/if I ever retire, I'd like to have a small garden.

Karen, hope that flu bug is all gone. I think it's a good idea that you post your workout schedule for the week. If it wasn't for STS, I'd probably just stare at my collection in the morning, wondering what to do.

Rhea, hope the trial goes well. I hear you about making sewing mistakes when tired. I've done some real bonehead moves. I just mostly finished a twisted bargello for my DD. After it's done, I'll post a picture. I've heard of McKenna Ryan, need to check out her stuff.

Better sign off now, I have a tote bag that I'm sewing.

Did MMA Fusion today. I really like it.

I did do gardening today. Went to go shopping for heather, but the place I buy from is no longer there. The person who owned it decided to retire.

Shoot!

Jeanette, Poor Lexxie. Give her a big hug and pet for me.

Don't plan on a garden this year. Will be traveling this early Fall, so no time for it. Wanted a break from a garden this year anyway.

Rhea, you putting together those workouts look awesome. I like it!

KK, That's OK. Sounds like you may have needed a break. Hope you feel better soon.

Janie

Good Evening!

Today was the Push/Pull -- and you know, Jeanette, you're right. I wouldn't have done it had I not posted the schedule -- I get in ruts -- especially because of time -- so it was good to post it.

Tomorrow is some sort of short cardio -- we'll see...

Rhea, hope those trials go well for you. Thanks for your concern. Yeah, I have been going, going, going, but I need to. After this book is out and things calm down a bit, I'm still not sure life will go into a hum like it was before. But maybe I'll be able to work up to longer workouts.:confused: Actually, I find 40/20 the most challenging workout I've ever done.

Jeanette, my heart goes out to your dog -- and to you -- I know how tough it is to have an animal you love be sick, or not doing well. Here's a wish for her speedy recovery. Let us know how she fares.

Janie, wow! You amaze me with your workouts. Keep going, girl.

I'm off to walk the dogs and get to bed. Have a super day tomorrow.:D

Haven't decided what cardio to do yet.:rolleyes:

KK, Great workout. I get in those ruts too. You are doing great now, so hang in there.

Janie

Good Evening!

Okay, so today was Athletic Step -- can't spell the word. Didn't do the whole workout as it's a little long -- so I cut it to about 40 minutes or 35 minutes, which was fine. Cool workout.

Thanks so much, Janie. What cardio did you do today? This workout today reminded me somewhat of the IMAX's -- just a little.

Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea!

Hope you all are doing fine and have a super day tomorrow. :D

Good morning!

Doing great here. Trial settled out so I'm back to getting to the routine regular stuff.

Been keeping up with the workouts, even with the trial supposedly starting. Yesterday morning I got up and did Burn Circuit #2; this morning was a run, well, we ran half and walked the rest. We were all pretty bushed this morning and it had snowed a bit, so I think on the way back we just decided to walk. Actually didn't even discuss it we just walked, sort of funny actually; nobody pushed to start up again. Probably a good thing though since it was a little slippery. I will be doing Burn intervals this afternoon as a lunch time entertainment. LOL

Have a great rest of the day!

Good Evening!

Today was 4DS Bootcamp -- cardio only -- it's what I call my sprint type anaerobic workout. About 34 minutes, which is just perfect.

That's great, Rhea, that the trial settled out and that you're right back into your workouts. Boy, I keep battling 2 lbs. (I'm actually battling 7 -- but these 2 go off, come on, go off, come on, go off, come on.) Geez!

And I go on tour starting this Saturday -- there a week inbetween this signing and when I start up for real -- but even still, it seems like it's coming on fast to me. I'll be touring from home this year, so it's not as tough as it might have been otherwise.

Hi Jeanette! Hi Janie! Hope all is okay with you both.

Snow, huh? Wow! It was so warm here yesterday, but cooler today. Okay, well I'm off to go walk the dogs. Have a super evening and day tomorrow!:D

Janie - I did Bum Bum after doing Burn Circuit #3 yesterday. Probably not the best in choices, cause my bum bum hurts a bit today. Especially if I stayed seated for a while. And I did not get to put a lot "in" on the bum bum workout. It was sure fun though. I might through it in again on Monday. Not sure though since I also run in the morning....Burn Circuit #1 is also on the rotation. If I have enough energy, (I'm pooped today) I might do it tomorrow. The high heel moves and the booty shake crack me up. But they sure work your bum! So far so good, now if I could only get my balance a bit better. LOL (it was very shaky yesterday):eek:

Rhea, Don't you just Love BBL, it is sooooo much fun. But, (no pun intended LOL:D) I love dance.

Doing that after Burn Circuit, must have been hard on your bun.

Have Fun!

Janie

Hi ladies,
Now, if I can remember my workouts. Yesterday was a step cardio and abs. Today was STS Disk 15 for Biceps and Back. Am doing Meso 2 again. Seems to work so well for me. Can't remember the other workouts this week. Lexxie is doing okay, DH has to take her to Reno on Tuesday to get her cast off her leg. Yesterday was golf in Fall River with a girlfriend. Nice weather, though a little breezy in the morning, but ended up nicely. Had a great time.

Janie, glad you had a nice time hiking with your DH. I look forward to getting out with DH and the "girls" when Lexxie's knee is healed up.

Rhea, wish this weather would just turn to summer. I dislike the wind and changing temps. This week doesn't look great coming up. BBL sounds fun.

Karen, are you doing that superdrink that you did last year? Don't I know it about the 2 on, 2 off. Oh well. Anything salty makes the water weight come on. I did Athletic Step the other day too. It's a good one, though the combos don't seem to go with what she tacks on afterwards. Kind of like it was an afterthought?

Must run. I finished a tote bag that I took on our golf round yesterday. It was fun to make.

Bye,

Made bread today for Joey.

Jeanette, Your workouts sound hard, but fun. Glad to hear that Lexxie is doing well. Poor thing.:( Also glad you enjoyed your golf game with your friend. I bet it was fun.

You made a tote bag? Picture please?

Janie

Good Morning!

My tour started on Saturday with an all day booksigning -- it was for charity and I had to drive 2 -2 1/2 hours to get there (it was in Hemet) -- but it was fun and with my schedule nowdays that's so busy, it was good to get out of the house. ;) April's going to be a very busy month for me.

And yesterday was catch up day -- housecleaning, food prep, etc.

Jeanette, your workouts do look hard, but great -- and I'm sure the golf really makes it all relaxing. Keep us posted on your very much loved dog. I'm sure she'll be fine.

Yes, I do still make that green drink -- everyday -- I have it down to about 1/2 hour in the morning -- it is my breakfast -- and it helps me to keep it off. Parsley is good for water weight, so I hear. :rolleyes: Goodness how I do struggle with those 2 lbs. -- sure would like to get beyond it.

Rhea, your workouts always look so fun. Love the name of that workout -- what was it bum, bum. Cute. I'm such a Cathe fan that I seldom do many workouts that aren't hers. Just seem to agree with me -- before Cathe, I'd keep injuring myself here and there -- and when I found her, and the injuries became less (knock on wood), I just keep doing hers. I have these coupons I need to use to get some discounted workouts of hers that I don't have. :p

Janie, it seems as though things are great for you, huh? Hikes with the DH are high on my list. Sounds wonderful.

If any of you are on facebook, I just posted an interview of Native American elder, George Randall (Grandfather George) and myself -- concerning this new book comingn out.

Have a super day everyone and terrific workouts.:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.