KK's March 2010 Thread

Great job on your workouts everyone.

I did STS Disc 35 Plyo legs and tonight Insanity Cardio Recovery.

Janie

Good afternoon everyone!

Yesterday I did the chest and back for the last week of Meso 3. Will be doing pylo legs today. Wow, this week is going fast. Well, I had better get back to work, lots to do....

Have a great rest of the day!

Hi ladies,
Hope everyone is doing well. We had a bit of snow this morning, but all gone now. Think the weekend will bring warmer temps. I hope so, anyway.

Let's see, Monday was my rest day. Tuesday I did the last workout of Meso 2 of STS - Back and Biceps, Disc 24. Today was about 25 minutes of Low Max with 2 risers, then about 20 minutes of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step. After that, tacked on some abwork from STS Abs Circuit (Weights & Plates).

Karen, you are doing great with the STS Shock Cardio workouts. I enjoy going to Reno too, for the shopping, as the shopping in our town is very limited. Nice to go out to dinner over there too.

Janie, as far as the miles on a bike. Just increase them a couple more miles each time you go. For me, my saddle has to be completely level. I use biking shorts that are minimally padded. Hate the diaper feel. I think everyone goes thru the sore butt thing. You just have to stay with it for a few weeks.

Rhea, I'm still debating about doing Meso 3 or repeating Meso 2. I like Meso 1 for the variety, but I like the shorter length of the Meso 2 workouts. I've never completed Meso 3. I probably do need to do it to shock my system even more. I've gotten good results with STS this time. Very pleased. I've had to keep my hand out of the potato chip bag.

Gotta run,

Good Evening!

Hi!

Today was MMA Fusion -- that's a good workout -- did it up to the point where they did conditioning drills -- worked out to be about 40 mintues, which is a good time for me. Yesterday was Total Body Sculpting -- once again can't beat that workout for what it does in the limited time.

Rhea, good on you for getting back to those phylo legs -- did I spell it right? I know you've said how much you dislike it -- so that's so cool that you're getting back to it.

Janie, good on your workouts. Great that you're keeping at it.

Jeanette, I'm not sure on the STS -- but boy, I know that LowMax is no easy workout -- and on two risers -- something I gave up long ago. Sigh...

You know one of those drills in Fusion has you going down to the floor, swinging out, then back up, etc. Rather tough, but very good.

Still working hard on the promotion. After I lost that manuscript, I've had a difficult time getting back into it. Every time I go to it, I feel the loss. Just gotta get in there and do it.

Have a super day tomorrow, everyone!:D

Good afternoon!

Did the early morning run...I think it is about 2 miles. Nothing else on tap today except a massage. DH was going to take this massage and I was going to reschedule, but he managed to get an appointment tomorrow at 3:15, so I get to go today. Yippeee, I bet you she is going to appreciate all the knots in my back and legs from all the heavy weight work! LOL, probably not...:rolleyes::eek:

Have a great rest of the day!

Today was STS disc 36 Shoulders Biceps & Triceps. Two more days and I'm done with the rotation. Yeah!

Jeanette, I figured it will take a little while to get your butt use to the bike seat. Ouch. I'll do it though, because it is so much fun. Will be taking your advice, once the weather get better and ride more each time. Thanks for that.

Rhea, great job on your running. I need to do more of that. You deserve the massage.

KK, Good job on MMA Fusion. I'm going to enjoy those workout as soon as I'm done with this rotation. You make them sound enjoyable. LOL

Have a great evening everyone,

Janie

Good Evening!

So let's see. Today was a premix of SPJ -- or is that SJP? about 46 minutes -- which was a little long for me, but I liked it. I was so tired doing it -- couldn't figure out why -- I went really lite on the leg work cause my legs were starting to cramp. But oh, well, got through it.:)

I think I need to continually shock my body. I get in a rut with the workouts that I like best and forget that I must not do the same thing over and over. I know because of the time factor, I really favor that Total Body Sculpting -- but I'm going to have to do other workouts, also.

Janie, yes, these new workouts are so fun. You are going to totally love them. I'm amazed at how much I like the MMA series -- I didn't think I would -- I knew I'd like the Hiit series cause that's just right up my alley -- but the MMA's surprised me. I really, really like them -- and I really really like the Cardio Core, also. That also surprised me. I'm thinking of doing that Cardio Core tomorrow -- I do the 34 minute premix on that one.

Rhea, how was your massage? Just the sound of it makes me sigh. And that's great on your run. I need to get back into running a bit more, also.

Hi Jeanette! Bet you're doing some good workouts.

On the work front, I'm finally getting myself back into writing those 35 pages again. For a while, I was so upset that I couldn't write them, and I would cry. But for the past few days I've been able to get in there and try to reconstruct them without crying. So hopefully I'm on the mend here.

Have a super day tomorrow. It was a little warmer here today, which my cats loved. :D

Last edited:
Good Evening!

Before the weekend starts (because it's going to be a busy one for me) I thought I'd post. Today was definitely Cardio Core -- that's a good workout -- but I do the premix that's only about 34 minutes.

Hi Rhea, Hi Janie & Hi Jeanette!

Hope you all have a super weekend. :D

Just wanted to add my workouts and then I need to go to sleep. Didn't get enough last night, insomnia.

Did Insanity Pure Cardio. Very sweaty when I finished. LOL

Glad to see everyone enjoying their workouts and being consistent on them.

Janie

Did SC Circuit Blast this morning and Bum Bum this eventing. I'm Done with the rotation! YEHHHHHHHH! I'll give my opinion tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

See you later,

Janie

Hi all,
This silly thing is kicking me out every time I type an "apostrophe". Until I figure it out, I'll just be frustrated. Oooooh, it just let me post. Hopefully, it won't happen again. Whew! Think I'm past it now.

Anyway, Thursday was a rest day. Friday, I did Shock Cardio's Circuit Blast (fun), yesterday was a combo of Imax2 intervals (5) with Christi Taylor's Fit To Dance cardio, plus some abs from Fit To Dance. Today was Supersets, which I hadn't done in a long time and enjoyed. Late this morning, I played holes of golf with a girlfriend and had a good time. We walked the 9 holes so got a little exercise. After that, I biked around our local loop for 18 miles. Good ride.

Karen, are you taking precautions to save your work on your computer now? Do you use a jump drive? I feel so bad that you are feeling so bad about having to re-create the writing that you lost. (((HUGS))) to you. Maybe this re-write will be even better. That Cardio Core workout is a good one, isn't it? I love the core work in this series.

Rhea, hope you enjoyed your massage. I miss getting those, but think I need to cover the grey in my hair more. Maybe one of these days I can go get a massage. Sounds wonderful.

Janie, great job on finishing STS. Which mesocycle do you see the most results from? Which one do you like the best? I didn't know you were such a good breadmaker. I love to make bread, but don't as I'd probably eat the whole loaf with butter and honey. Do you have BBL? Do you think it's fun? I'm kind of interested in getting it. Insanity doesn't really interest me, but BBL does.

Must go, great workouts everyone!

Hello! Just a quick post telling you I won't be here a whole lot this week. No internet at home for a while...changing providers. Did not realize that when I had the cable switched to Dish network on Friday that the cable modem wouldn't work...duh :rolleyes: The internet person isn't hooking up until Weds, so I'm completely out of internet service at home until then...lol.

Haven't worked out since Friday. Well, I guess that's not right, I ran this morning! Will do the last STS #36 today. Just didn't workout over the weekend. Can't believe I made it up this morning....boy that was early! I should sleep well tonight, that's for sure.

Not sure what else this week, except that I'm going to explore all those workouts I haven't had a chance to do yet, like STS Circuit, and some of the Tracie Longs.

Have a great rest of the day everyone!

I made up a rotation using BBL, Insanity, and STS. I just finished it. If you are interested it is posted in the Rotation Forums.

Here are the results:

I've had tremendous results from this rotation! It is by no means an easy workout and I would only suggest it for the most part to the advanced group. I'm an intermediate mostly person and when I did this rotation I had to modify all the way through it. Still, with good results.

I lost 10 pounds and a lot of inches all around my body. I'm one size smaller from when I started.

My strength has increased, but my body doesn't show the added muscle. I'm sure it is because I'm intermediate and needed to lose fat. If a person did this rotation and were high intermediate-Advanced, I'm sure you would see more tone and definition. I did notice my bum bum is higher and firmer. My flabby arms don't flap anymore, and the fat that was around the middle of my back is no longer. Also my tummy and upper legs and hips are smaller and firmer. This is in only one month with these results. I most likely will do this one again in the near future, especially with results like these.

What is really cool, is that I may now be a high end intermediate. By the time I was nearing this rotation, there were many many times that I didn't modify and that was the time when the workouts were more strenuous.

If you want to lose weight, lean out and get stronger, this is a rotation to think about doing.

Janie

Good Evening!

I, too, haven't worked out since Friday -- really odd for me, but life has been full of surprises. Right now I have a bit of something -- sort of like a flu, but no symptoms other than tiredness and loose bowels. But just to be on the safe side, I haven't worked out on Sat., Sun or today.

Am feeling better and so am hoping to get back into things tomorrow.

Congraulations to you, Janie. 10 pounds -- that's not easy to lose I don't think. Well done for figuring the rotation out and then going through with it. Dropped a size, too. Wow!

Rhea, like you, I haven't worked out since Friday, but we'll get back into it, right? Will miss you while you get your internet server all sorted out.

Jeanette, yes, it has been tough getting back into that book -- but I have and hopefully within this week, I'll have it done again. I hope. Things are so busy that I can never be sure. But thank you for thinking of me. I love Supersets, but like you, I haven't done it in a while. Looks like you're staying active. Yea!

Well, it's off to bed for me. Have a super day tomorrow. : )

Wow Janie - those results are great! I'll have to look into that rotation. I've been tempted by the Insanity series, just have been chicken. I probably would like it.

KK - hope you are feeling better soon. I'm sure you'll be back on the workout bandwagon soon. I was too tired yesterday to do anything extra but the run in the morning. Funny, yesterday was easy to get up at the crack of dawn, but this morning I was way off! I don't even remember turning off the alarm clock. I even went to bed early. Need to get that body clock adjusted I guess.

Jeanette - started the golfing after work yet? It will soon be warming up for that I suppose. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do much golfing again this year. Oh well.

Well, I'm not sure what will be done as a workout today. I have some that I haven't done with STS cardio and Tracie Long, but I might want to stick with an old one just to get the sweat on....I'll see....

Have a great rest of the day. Back to work for me..:eek:

Good Evening!

Today was 4DS Cardio only -- I wasn't quite feeling up to it, so I did a lot of modifying. But at least I did it. I think I'm on the other end of this thing, but goodness it's holding on for a long time. Interesting. Usually this sort of thing comes and goes within 24 hours.

Oh, gosh, Rhea, me too. Today I couldn't believe it -- dinner wasn't ready until 8PM -- it felt so much like 7PM.

Hi Jeanette! Hi Janie!

Gotta go out and find Georgie. It's been warm today and he seems to have decided not to come home for the evening. Goodness!:D

Have a good day tomorrow!

Hope you found Georogie all right. Such little stinkers sometimes when they "hide" because they really don't want to come back in...at least mine do. Or they "knock" at the screen and then ignore you when you open the door for them...spoiled. :cool:

Good Evening!

Hi Rhea! You made me smile. He didn't come home last night and then at 7AM this morning, he came in hungry. Sigh...

I didn't sleep well for worry over him and so today I kept him inside. I might do so tomorrow, too.

There are mice in my neighbors yard, and he couldn't resist staying up all night and feasting, I guess. :)

No workout today, just work. Will hop back on it tomorrow. Stomach and bowels are better now, thank goodness.

Hi Jeannette and Janie!

Have a terrific day tomorrow. :D

Hi all,
Sunday was the last time I posted, let's see if I can remember my workouts. Monday was a rest day, as usual. Tuesday was Travel Fit, with 9 holes of golf in the afternoon. Today was Core Cardio Circuit, express version.

Tuesday, DH and I took our German Shorthair to the vet in Reno. After some testing, she was diagnosed with a blown out knee (ligament). She's been limping for a while. Anyway, she'll have surgery next Monday, and we'll take her home on Tuesday. Poor thing, she's also got some degeneration in her hips, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Rhea, yes, it's warm enough and enough daylight now to golf after work. However, the back 9 isn't open so it seems to be packed on the front 9. Not sure when they'll open up the course officially. Think it's a $$ issue. Enjoy those new workouts.

Janie, way to go on the results!! That's totally awesome! ^^^555's!!! You are tempting me to look into BBL. Right now, I'm on a rest week after Meso 2, but like it so much, I think I'll re-do it, before going on to Meso 3. How is the bread making going?

Karen, I'm so very glad that Georgie came back. Yes, they are stinkers. If anything happened to our pups, we'd be devastated. I'll have to re-visit 4DS soon. That was a good series for me too.

Just finished watching a movie called "Rendition". It was pretty good. Gotta run,

Good Evening,

Thank you for the complements on the rotation.

Joey and I did some hiking today, held hands and had a wonderful time.

Tomorrow planning on Athletic Step.

Got to run, post more tomorrow.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.