Hardcore check in for October 2016

Another walk on the treadmill this morning. Walked 2.5 miles on a 4% incline. Fitbit said I burned about 289 calories. Walked for about 45 minutes so not bad.

Diane Sue - I cannot believe it is October already. I am so bummed summer is over, I do not want to deal with winter again already. And I hear we're in for a doosey. I'm hoping they are wrong.

Jolie - My tooth comes out on Thursday, not looking forward to it but also wanting to get it out. This pain is ridiculous.

Roselyn - Nice workout. I hope things are going better for you parents.

Today I did Amy Bento Hi/Lo Knockout. At first I did not intend to do all of it, but I was having so much fun I kept going. I always loved this one. The workout with abs was 86 minutes and calories burned 675. I then did Z Cut power yoga crescent and warriors series with the cool down, 18 minutes, 65 calories. 6, 587 steps this morning. I may make the 10,000 today.

Debbie, I am sure having the tooth taken care of will feel so much better. I do not enjoy winter myself. We have storms coming in tonight I think. The winds have started kicking up.

LEG DAY!!

Squats
15,12,8,25 reps 30,35,40,20# barbell

Weighted Step Ups
15,12,8,25 10,12,15,8# dumbbells

Barbell Walking Lunges
10,10,10,25 30,35,40,20 barbell

Bulgarian Squat
10,10,10,25 12,15,16,10 dumbbell

Dead Lift
12,12,12,25 35,40,45,20 barbell

Leg Curls
12,12,12,25 12,12,12,10 dumbbells

Leg Extensions
12,12,12, 25 12,12,12,10 dumbbell

Goblet Squat
12,12,12,25 15,20,25,12 dumbbell

stiff legged deadlift
12,12,12,25 30,35,40,20

Calf Raises
12,12,12,25 20,25,30,15 dumbbell

Roselyn, what a workout, good for you! I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow if I did that today.

Today I did ICE Muscle Meltdown Biceps and I walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes incline level 6. Workout was 55 minutes and I burned 447 calories.

Giant set using 15# DB for the entire workout. I added an extra exercise at the end because I felt like it.

DB Bicep Curls- x 12 reps (3 rounds of the Giant Set)

Hammer Curls- x 12

Preacher Curls- x 12

Incline Hammer Curls- x 12

Conc. Curls- x 12

W Curls- x 12

Walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Debbie, good job and at least getting a treadmill workout in even though you are in pain. Good luck at the dentist on Thursday.

Diane Sue, nice workout and of coarse you will make the 10k steps today! You are one busy lady. I hit about 14k per day.

Its cooler here today, around 78 degrees but it gets back up to 90 degrees just in time for the football games Thursday, Friday and Saturday! I am sick of the heat!!!

Have a great day.

Roselyn, that is some leg workout. I bet you feel that one ;)

Jolie, I will get over 10000 steps before I go to bed tonight. I generally am close but I have days that it will be only 6,000. When I have grandchildren here, especially the small ones I get my steps :) The furthest to walk in our house is up stairs and back down. Today I cleaned and went shopping so I was on my feet more. I had to go back and read your post again because I did not remember w curls in muscle meltdown. I see you added it. Good idea.

Walked again today on my treadmill. Went about 2 miles. I get my tooth out tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that and not looking forward to that. LOL!!! I hope it doesn't take long for him to get it out and I hope it doesn't hurt. They will just be giving me novacaine so I'm hoping that will be enough. I had two other wisdoms taken out at the same time about 15 years ago and my doctor just used novacaine and I don't remember that being horrible. So hopefully this one won't be either. Not sure if I'm walking tomorrow so if I do I will report it. If I don't, you probably won't hear from me until Monday. Not planning on doing much this weekend and want to let the gum heal. My steps will go way down but oh well.

Roselyn - Wow, nice leg workout. That looks brutal! I bet you will be feeling it today!!!

Diane Sue - I usually always get 10k in a day during the week, weekends not so much. This week has been good since I've been walking so much. Hope I can get back to lifting by Monday.

Jolie - Nice workout for you as well!! I may go back to one or two body parts a day soon, I sort of miss hitting the muscles hard like that. I love the rotation I'm doing but I think I need to move on for a while.

Today, I did workout A from my rotation. It was all lower and a bit of back that was the rows and deadlifts. I did not do the shoulder press because my neck has been bothering me and my shoulders as well. I think I either need to lighten up the chest around the world move from Amy's Slo Mo or do something else because that is the area that I feel it the most. It leaves the shoulder to vulnerable. This took 73 total minutes using Lower Body blast, Slow and Heavy Chest, and Butts and Guts. I also left out the abs since I did them two days in a row already this week and used weights. I followed this with Barre Amped Advanced Active Stretch, 28 minutes. I think I forgot to mention that I did this stretch Sunday. I really do like this stretch. I really like all of them :) Total time was 1 hour 41 minutes and calories burned 412 I will post weights in awhile. I wanted to get a flu shot and I have family coming for dinner tonight.

Debbie, I hope you are okay with lifting Monday too. At least you are getting your steps in. I do not quite understand the Fit Bit My Fitness Pal link. I set it to log my steps and it took away most of my workout calories as a minus. I stopped it from counting my steps on MFP. That really made no sense at all.

No workout for me today. It is my oldest son's birthday, 16 years old today. I wanted to cook a nice meal for the family so I just decided to focus on him today. I bought huge Rib Eye steaks from Sprouts and I will serve garlic bread and grilled asparagus with it too. I am going to pick up some sushi to serve along side of it because my son loves it but it never fills him up, hence the steak!

You all have had fantastic workouts today! My back spasms are better today so I excited about that...

Debbie, good luck with your tooth! Have some soft food in the house so you don't starve to death!

Diane Sue, I did 17,000 steps yesterday without even trying. I did walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes so that kick started it for me. I usually have 10,000 steps by noon each day unless I don't do my normal routine.

Have a great day!

Weights today
Lower Body Blast w/up, leg press 15's 15 reps 3 sets, front lunge pickup 8# , 16 reps, split jump
Slow and Heavy back double arm dumbbell row 20's 8 reps 2 sets
Deadlifts 35's 8 reps 3 sets
Butts and Guts
fire walkers blue firewalker band
bonus lower body
sit and stand 50# barbell
leg press 2 sets 16 reps 25#
glute squeeze prone on ball
Lower body floor work with ball 5# ankle weights for outer thighs
ankle weights 5# ankle weights, inner thighs, leg lift, pizza press, modified hydrant

Jolie, it sounds like your son is getting a gourmet meal for his 16th birthday. Sprouts has good steaks. I buy my meat there all of the time since they came to Oklahoma. I always hated Walmart and Homeland for meats. You get a lot of steps. Once I am done working out and cleaning up the house which is not a huge task since it is just two of us I have very little chance for more steps. Mine come from my workouts for the most part. I sit at the counter and read and look at my laptop and wander around it to do laundry or grab something from the kitchen. I guess it is a good thing I workout. When my children were home and I did daycare I was moving constantly. There was very little time for sitting and resting.

Today I did Sharon Twombly's Athletic Step Jam skipping the stability ball portion. This was 83 minutes, 677 calories. I have been able to get this workout to over 800 calories when doing the ball work too. It is a good calorie burner. I Then did Barre Amped Strength and Stretch Power Stretch, 23 minutes, 51 calories. Total workout time was 1 hr. 46 minutes, 728 calories. I skipped the ball portion because my neck and shoulder is hurting and I did not think swinging the ball overhead might aggravate it. I am going to have to change up tomorrows workout some because some of the upper moves will just not work. Maybe I should stick with just the lower quad work and arms.

Deb, I hope things have went well with the wisdom teeth today. My first two were a nightmare. So much so that I was fearful of the next two and waited a long time to get it done. These were done separately and I had very little problem with them. I think the one on the upper right was in bone and they kept having to re-numb it. I was there for hours. I should have been sent to a surgeon instead of the dentist. My face swelled up huge. Oh, and I drove myself home from the dentist in icy weather singing. I think I had too much stuff to help with the pain. I look back and think it was kind of scary.

Shoulder workout this morning then this afternoon I did a step segment from StepWorks, so old!!

Overhead Press
15,12,10,25(burn set light) 10,12,15,8#

Rear Delt Row
15,12,10, 20,25,26#

Upright Row
15,12,10,25 10,12,15,8

Cable Lateral Raise (I used bands)
10,10,10 Right then left

Underhand Press
10,10,10,25 20,25,26,8#

Shrug
15,15,15,25 20,25,26,8#

Rear Shoulder Face Pull
15 reps 3sets using band

Dumbbell rear delt raise
10,10,10 25 8,10,10,5#

Dumbbell front raise
10,10,10, 25 8,9,10,5#

staggard pushups
5 reps each side 3 sets

I have a busy weekend coming up. My brother called tonight and is coming for a visit Saturday night and I am watching two of my younger grandchildren on Friday night overnight. I need to go back to the grocery store and set some plans quickly.

Roselyn, nice workout today. I have Step Works. I find it kind of fun going back and revisiting the older workouts.

Jolie, I hope the birthday went well.

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the well wishes. I am doing fine but staying home from work today. My mouth is swollen and it is a bit painful. The procedure itself was really easy, honestly, it took him not even 10 minutes to get it out. The worst part was the initial shot he gave me for the Novacaine. Other than that, I didn't feel a thing. Luckily the tooth came in straight and was an easy pull. But now I certainly can feel it. So I'm taking it easy today and the weekend and hopefully I can get back to working out on Monday. If not, I'll wait a few more days and go from there.

Diane Sue - Ouch, your situation didn't sound like fun at all. Sorry you had such troubles getting your wisdoms out. I've had three out so far and all have come out as easily as the one did yesterday. I'm lucky. Also, about MFP logging your steps, I didn't know it logged steps? My Fitness Pal works with the Fitbit and uploads whatever FB logged. I've never noticed MFP taking calories away, that is odd.

Jolie - Hope your son had a great birthday!!

Roselyn - Nice job!! I bet you are feeling these workouts!!!

Reactions: WD
My internet has been down for two days so I didn't post my workouts. Yesterday was STS#13 chest and triceps. Today I did a shoulder workout. Since I am using my phone I won't post my weights. I did however, have two kick butt workouts! Yesterday I walked 16k steps. I'm really trying to move more each day. Keep in mind, I usually walk my dog at least a mile to 2 miles per day. That really helps me get my steps in for the day.

Debbie, I'm glad your dental surgery went well.

Diane Sue, have a great time with your brother.

Roselyn, great workout!

Have a nice day!

Today was glutes/legs this morning and I did a Ruthless 2o minute tabata this afternoon

Kettlebell/dumbbell Swing
10,10,10 25 reps 10,12,15,8#

Goblet Squat
10,10,10,25reps 12,15,20,12#

One leg deadlifts
10,10,10 reps 12,15,16#

Princess lunges
12,12,12 reps 10,12,15#

Weighted Hip Thrusters
12,12,12,25 reps 20,25,30,15

glute squeezes 3 sets of 20 reps

Fire Hydrants 3 sets of 10 reps

Side Hip Adductor 3 sets of 10 reps

Donkey Kicks(with band) 3 sets of 10

Split Squats 3 sets of 12 reps each side

Side Lunges 3 sets of 12 reps each side

Squat
12,12,12, 15,20,25#

Stiff leg deadlift
12,12,12, 30,35,40#

Today I did Ice Lower Body Blast Blizzard Blast premix with the warm up and stretch, 30 minutes, 172 calories. I followed this with Metabolic Total Body Blizzard blast only, 12 minutes, 83 calories. I then did Workout A again with a few changes. It was a bit shorter at 57 minutes, 252 calories. I wanted a bit more stretching so I did Barre Amped strength and stretch bonus stability ball total body stretch, 6 minutes. Total time was 1 hr 45 minutes, 520 calories. I am not sure that I will get any workouts in this weekend. I will see how it goes. We are getting our sofa bed from my Daughters storage building so we have a place for company to sleep. I will be pushing to have things done when my brother arrives. I went shopping today.
Workout A
Wobble Hack squats 3 sets 8 reps 15's
1 arm pullover 2 sets 8 reps 10# (much lighter because I did not want to hurt my shoulder)
Cradle side lunge barbell 40# 8 reps right 8 reps left repeat
seated row green band 3 sets slow and holds
single leg rock up squat with the stability ball 15# 8 reps and 4 holds right then left then repeat 2 more times
reverse delt fly with external rotation standing 1 set 8's 2 sets 5's
skipped the chest around the world it really hurts in my traps and shoulder
standing barbell concentration curls 40# 3 sets
decline triceps dips 3 sets
skull crushers on an incline, 25# 3 sets

Debbie, I am glad it went quickly and well. That one time I was really in the dentist chair for 2 and a half hours. It got dark outside and the help all left. The dentist called my husband to let him know I was on my way. We had out of state company that had come to visit while I was gone and originally they had said about 45 minutes. I had roast in the oven and dinner started. I ended up going home and straight to bed. I don't think I will ever forget that experience.

Jolie, I won't post weights on my phone either. I put a tempered glass protector on my phone and it takes forever just to type a password. I really do not like doing it from my 12 inch tablet either. I could get a keyboard for it but I figure I probably would not use it that much. I am looking forward to my brother's visit. I haven't seen him since our Dad passed away 2 years ago. I talk to him on the phone and facebook but not the same.

Roselyn, that is a good looking workout. I have never checked out the Ruthless workouts.

No workout today. We had family here most of the day and got a new leather sofa sleeper for when my brother arrives. I will probably not workout for the next couple of days.

Today I was on tap for weights but the dentist said not to lift anything heavy until around Wednesday or Thursday. Even though I don't want to wait, I will. My chin is now black and blue and is less sore than it was. It hurts more in my mouth at the gum than it does on the lower part of my jaw. So it is healing well.

Today I walked on the treadmill for 2.75 miles. My FB says I burned 301 calories which I'll take!! Went 6427 steps. I went more steps this morning than I have since Thursday through Sunday all put together. LOL!! Been lazy.

Hope you all have great workouts!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.