Hardcore check in for October 2016

No workout today or over the weekend! I had my parents come and stay unexpectedly and I also had 3 football games to attend. I am so wiped out and I have Pink Eye!!! I feel like I can never catch a break. Homecoming is this coming weekend and my oldest sons date is in the Homecoming Court so there is a lot to do. If I get 3 workouts in this week it will be a miracle but I am not going to be bummed out. I am going to enjoy all of this fun stuff.

Friday nights Varsity game was terrible. My friend whom I was sitting with, had his leg broken in two places and was taken off the field to the hospital. It really stresses me out because that could happen to any of our kids. Surgery is set for tomorrow.

I have at least 4 more weeks of football for the regular season and then the playoffs if they make it. Until it comes to an end I will be spread very thin, but I love it.

Have a great day.

Debbie, I am glad that it is healing. I don't remember any bruising. At least you can still do some cardio. Once in awhile I am pleased with the calorie burn on the Fit Bit. Today it was much lower than I knew it should be. On the Circuit work it tried to give me 100 calories for that first one. I knew with all of the jumping and cardio there was no way that was right. I went with Map My Fitness. Cathe's was actually over 400. I think I may need to charge it tonight.

Jolie, my days have been like that a lot lately. My brother left late this morning so I did some chores and then got a workout in. My daughter just called and am watching my grandson 5 years old Thursday and Friday my other daughter has me as her substitute daycare person because she has to take my granddaughter to a Coop outing. Her Dad was supposed to do it but he has a doctors appointment and I am the alternate on the DHS papers to be able to do it. She home schools her my granddaughter and has a coop on Fridays she goes to. Thursdays is a PE class in the afternoons. I am probably going to have to shorten up some more workouts. That is why I picked a workout that pretty much hit everything today.

Hello everyone! Today I walked again on my treadmill. Good thing I have a good book to read because I would be bored stiff with all this walking. Time flies when I read on my treadmill which is good. Looking forward to running and lifting again soon.

I walked for 50 minutes, burned 300 calories, went 2.5 miles and did 5963 steps.

Jolie - You have pink eye now? How did you get that? You just got over the flu, that really sucks!! Hope it goes away soon.

Diane Sue - I use the calorie count thing in Cathe's Workout Manager to see what calories I should be burning. That's where I get the extra calories and then add them manually in Myfitnesspal. I just wish FB was a bit more accurate. Oh well, we know we are burning more so not sure why I let that bother me so much.

Roselyn - Nice workout, I'm sure your legs are sore!

I will do cardio today. I kind of want to do kickboxing. We will see.

Debbie, I check the workouts manager along with my calorie calculator, my Map My Fitness app that I run with bluetooth and picks up the heartrate from the Fit Bit. Then I I come up with a figure. I use the Net calories when using the calorie calculator. A lot of the time total calories is near Cathe's workout manager. Map My Fitness is generally about double the Fit Bit unless it is a steady state cardio which is close. I think maybe Cathe's is total calories burned. I find if I go lower I still generally have the Fit Bit Blaze give me over 2000 on workout days. Off days it is less. I think I read on my Fit Bit stats that I average over 1800 a day though.

Today I did Amy Bento In the Ring, premix, intervals two times with warm up and stretch, 35 minutes, heart rate 126 avg/ 160 max, 252 calories. I used an 8# medicine ball. The intervals are all of the med ball segments. I then did Ice Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox, 50 minutes, 398 calories wearing 1# gloves, 133 avg heart rate/ 165 max , 398 calories. I always try to do more foot work on this to increase the steps and calories. I add feet flurries with the first part that has just arm flurries. I step into punches and add more hops. This helps, otherwise feel I am not working very hard. I finished off with Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 3, abs 2, 17 minutes 62 calories. That one is done with tubing. Total time was 1 hr and 42 minutes, calories burned 712. I did decide to go back and do the 12 minute stretch on the end of Step Challenge 3 because it is such a good one.. I did not count it though.

Today I did STS #16 Chest.

Warm up
Chest press- #15 x 15, x 12

Chest press- #25 x 15, x 13, x 12
#20 x 13 BOS

Chest Flies- #20 x 13, x 12, x 13
#15 x 15 BOS

Incline Chest Press- #25 x 12, x 12, x 10
#20 x 15 BOS

I got an antibiotic eye drop for my eyes and I am 90% better today. I had such a bad infection I could barley open one eye. The doctor says you pick it up from the grocery carts and things like that. I get it almost every year when the kids go back to school, that is when it goes around.

Is anyone going to order the new workout series? I think it looks good, I am getting bored so something new would be fun.

Short on time today. Have a good one.

Jolie, I already pre-ordered and got the dvds and downloads along with the cycle workout. The price was too good to pass up.

Today I did Cardio Coach #1, I needed something more than just a walk today. It felt good to run again. I think I'll wait until Monday to start lifting again, I noticed while I was running my gum inside my mouth was throbbing a little bit with my blood pressure being up while running. I don't want to do anything stupid when I'm almost done healing. So Monday it is. I think I'm going to write up my own workout doing something similar to Cathe's burn sets.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.34 miles, burned 248 calories and went 4857 steps.

Diane Sue - I usually average around 1800 calorie burns in a day as well, most of the time I'm over 2000 so I guess that's good. Nice job on your workouts, I really miss doing kickboxing workouts. I should gt one out one of these days and see how I do with it. I'm afraid they will start bothering my knees and upper back and I don't want that. I'm feeling good and don't want to jinx it! LO!!

Jolie - Nice job on your workout and glad your eye is doing better. Yikes!!!

Today I did STS #16 Shoulders and added upright rows at the end since I never think the STS workouts have enough exercises when only doing one body part per day.

BB Overhead Press
45# x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 20 BOS

Lateral Raise
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
8# x 16 BOS

Rear Flies
12# x 15, x 12, x 12
10# x 15 BOS

Upright Rows
15# x 15, x 15, x 15
12# x 14 BOS

I should have put some front raises in the workout but I am short on time today. I will fit them into my next shoulder workout. I walked 17,000 steps yesterday and didn't even step foot on the treadmill. Busy days...

Debbie- I cant wait to see what kind of workout you come up with, I might have to follow you! Good job on getting your run in today.

Diane Sue- Nice workout. I love kickboxing and will get back to it as soon as football season is over. It really gets me in good shape and I like to mix up my cardio in the winter since I cant get out and walk as much since it is cooler. I love the upper body workout you get as well if you add the weighted gloves. I am going to order the new workouts, I cant wait till they are ready for release!

Roselyn- Good job on the workout Monday.

Have a fantastic day. It should only be 70 degrees today, nice difference from Sunday when it was 92 degrees.

Today I did Ripped With Hiit Circuit Lower Body with abs mixed throughout, 50 minutes, 380 calories. then did Ice Boot Camp Circuit
Mish Mosh express premix, mixes in blizzard blasts and some of the main workout, 39 minutes, 247 calories. I finished off With Barre Amped Strength and Stretch lower body, 19 minutes. Total calories burned 669.

Debbie, it would probably be a good idea to hold off on the weights a bit. My daughter removed a small cyst on my hairline once. She told me if I did not mind bruising because blood could pool onto my face I could workout. Of course I chose to wait a bit. She always gives me the worst case though.

Jolie, I wore the weighted gloves for Rock'm Sock'm but Amy's was just the cardio med ball segments so there was no need for gloves. I don't think I ever wore gloves for that workout. The med ball segments have you tossing and catching the ball from side to side and doing halos, putting the ball down jumps and picking up jump turn and put it down etc.. It really works you well while getting cardio, Todays work was lacking on the Ice premix that I used. That Bootcamp premix upper work was mostly shoulders. No arms at all.

Today was another walk on my treadmill. Worked up a sweat walking on a 2% incline. I know that isn't much, but it got my HR into it's fat burning mode.

50 minutes, burned 282 calories, 2.5 miles and went 5932 steps.

Hope you all have great workouts!!! Running a bit late today.

Today I did Ripped with Hiit Biceps and STS #19 Triceps. I felt weak today but I pushed myself.

BB curls 35#
Narrow grip- x 12
regular grip- x 12
wide grip- x 12

Finisher- W curls 12# x 20

Conc. Curls 20# x 12, x 10, x 10

Finisher- Crazy Eights BB 25# x 24

Preacher Curls instead of alt. Hammer Curls
15# x 12, x 12, x 12

Finisher- Crazy Eights BB 25# x 24

Lying Triceps ext. Did a progressive set instead of a Double Wave Load.
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 12
12# x 12
10# x 12
8# x 15
Should have gone heavier so I added a few more reps.

Cross Body Lying Ext.
12# x 12, x 12, x 12

1 Arm Kickbacks
10# x 12, x 12, x 12

Diane Sue, Nice workout. I wish I could do more of the cardio segments that Cathe does but it hurts my bad foot and my knees sometimes. I certainly have to start addressing my legs, they are getting so out of shape. Walking just doesn't do much for them but when I lift weights my thighs get so big I cant get them into pants.

Debbie, Great walk today even though it was easy. Getting the steps in matters. I took my dog for a 1.5 mile walk this morning to get my steps going for the day. Did 15,000 yesterday and didn't even walk on the treadmill.

Roselyn, Great Glute workout. I think I'm going to order the new series because I will need some new workouts for this winter. I am getting bored so I better start mixing it up a little.

Have a great day.

Today I did Ripped With Hiit Low Impact Hiit 2 and 1 combined, 49 minutes, 335 calories. I then did Low Impact Sweat Cardio 1 premix 28 minutes, 177 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped Advanced Stretch, 28 minutes, 65 minutes. Total time 1 hr 45 minutes and calories burned 577.

Deb, nice amount of steps on the treadmill today :)

Jolie, good workout picks. I really feel that cross training the legs with all types of workouts help.

In a hurry today, I had to make some pasta for a pot luck we're having at work this morning so that threw me way off. Just walked again on my treadmill for 2.5 miles and burned about 300 calories. It's amazing that I burn so much just by walking.

Nice workouts everyone! Hope you all have a great day, weekend and workouts!!!

Today I did BACK. I just put something basic together because I am short on time today.

BB Rows-
55# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10

Lat Pull Downs Wide Grip-
60# x 10, x 10, x 10

Lat Pull Downs Narrow Grip Palms In-
70# x 10, x 10, x 10

1 Arm Rows-
30# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10

1 Arm Horz. Rows-
20# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10 ( should have gone heavier here)

Debbie, that's why I opt to walk, I get such good calorie burns especially when I use the incline option.

Diane Sue and Roselyn, nice workouts yesterday. I will try to come back and see what you-all do today!

Have a nice day, it's the Homecoming game tonight!

I did Intensity timesaver step and low impact hiit, 48 minutes 360 calories. Dr appointment this afternoon. My lymph nodes are swollen and neck puffy on the left. It hurts.
Lunch time for my daughter's daycare. I ate some crackers to tide me over since I have not eaten today. I forgot my salad and there is not much to choose from.

Today I did Cathe's Yoga relax and Barre Amped Lower body Stretch. 73 minutes. That is all that I thought that I could handle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.