Hardcore check in for October 2016

Rest day for me today. I got up and had a low grade fever so I decided church and family brunch was out. I did the relaxation stretch, ball stretch , and upper body stretch from Barre Amped Stretch and Strength. I was hoping it would help with the aches. I tried some Epic beef jalapeno bone broth for lunch. It was not tasty like what I make is. I wish I could find good soup bones. I drank half and put the rest in some Bolognese sauce and sweet potato to not taste it so much. It should be good for mending.

Back to lifting and it felt great!!! Missed it. Worked Chest and Tri's today doing my own thing. Sort of doing a burn set type workout like Cathe's.

Chest
Barbell Press:
70# - 3 sets/5 reps
Barbell Incline Press: 65# - 3 sets/10 reps
Incline Flies: 25's - 2 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Chest Pulls w/Band: 24 reps (for this I used my handled bands and wrapped them around my leg press station and just pulled both arms forward. Worked well and felt the burn)

Triceps
Close Grip Barbell Press:
60# - 3 sets/5 reps
Lying Dumbbell Extension: 12's - 3 sets/10 reps
Overhead Dumbbell Extension: 30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Dips:
16 reps

This workout was 36 minutes and I burned 110 calories.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill at a 3% incline.

Diane Sue - I hope you feel better today, not good having a fever.

Hope you all had great weekends. Hopefully I'll have time to catch up with you all later.

Today I did Chest and Cardio. I put my own workout together using Progressive sets and drop sets, a little like Body Beast. I only had a 30second rest between sets and that helped get my calorie burn up! I had a fantastic workout and I got on my elliptical for 2 miles.

Warm up DB Chest Press- 15# x 12, x 12

Chest Press DB-
20# x 15
25# x 12
30# x 8
30# x 8
25# x 12
20# x 15

Chest Flies-
15# x 15
20# x 15
25# x 8
20# x 8

Incline Press DB-
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
25# x 8
20# x 12
15# x 15

Incline Flies-0
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
20# x 8

Elliptical, 21 minutes, 2.12 miles, 246 calories. I set it to interval mode and used two different resistances which helps get the heart rate up and time for recovery. 2 minute intervals.

Total workout was 1 hour and I burned 502 calories.

Debbie, great workout today. I am so glad you are feeling back to normal and you can workout again.

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better. Good job getting your workouts in over the weekend.

It's raining here today, I can't believe it!

Have a wonderful day.

No workout today. I feel worse and am still running a fever. My daughter's friend got me in to see a different doctor. She did more blood work and has ordered a CT scan of my neck and chest. I am waiting for the call. I feel very weak and run down so hopefully I get better or they find something to treat soon.

Nice job on the weight workouts ladies. I hope I am back to that soon.

My Fit Bit matched the heart rate the doctor gave when doing the check up. It was nice to see it was accurate.

Today I did Cardio Coach 3 and had a great workout. I need to stretch today after work because I didn't have a chance to after my workout. I ended up doing the Stability Ball Ab workout from STS as well so that took the rest of my workout time. I will make sure and stretch this afternoon after work.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.56 miles, burned 268 calories and went 5313 steps. Funny how I burn more calories just by walking. Oh well.

Jolie - Nice workout!! I like how you put your weight workouts together. It's fun doing your own weight workouts, I enjoy creating my own.

Diane Sue - I sure hope you feel better soon, that sucks to be running a fever and all. Last time I was at my doctors my FB batched their HR check as well. It was 42 BPM and they paniced because it shouldn't be that low. My HR is always that low when I'm resting. Feel better!!

Roxie - Nice workout. I know, I can't believe before long it will be the holidays. Not ready for that!!!!

Today I am running short on time so I did Biceps. Again I put together my own workout using Progressive Sets and Drop Sets as well as a finisher at the end of each exercise. I really liked it and my Biceps are pumped!

DB Bicep Curls Standing-
12# x 15
15# x 12
20# x 8
20# x 8
15# x 12
12# x 15

Finisher- W Curls
12# x 20

Preacher Curls DB-
15# x 12, x 10, x 8
12# x 8

Finisher- DB Alternating Set of Static Curls (like in 4 Day split workouts)
12# x 32 reps

Conc. Curls-
20# x 12, x 10, x 8
15# x 8

Finisher- DB Crazy 8's
12# x 24

Debbie, great cardio workout. I did some elliptical training yesterday in the morning and I couldn't settle down to sleep. I hate when cardio does that to me, especially when I get my heart rate up high.

Diane Sue- I hope you are feeling better. Remember, I had a temp. twice in the last month in a half because I had the flu. Take care of yourself. You need rest and a nice bowl of homemade soup!

Roselyn, great workout.

I hope you all have a nice day.

Today I just did some stretching in hopes that some of the tightness and aches would feel better. I get sore when I do not do anything. I then sat in Epsom salts for awhile. Naps and some housework that needed done. I get the CT Scan in the morning at 9:30.

Deb, I think that we each have somewhat of our own normal. As long as you feel good and are healthy I would think that would be good. Mine gets down to 54 sometimes. Since I have been ill it seems my low is a bit higher. Like right now sitting at the computer it is 64. You probably would not want lower than where you re at though.

Jolie, your mention of soup makes me think that I put together my Paleo Slow Cooker Taco soup last night and cooked it this morning. I hated the smell. The problem with the slow cooker is you smell the food for so long the desire to eat it when it is done is sort of dulled. Yesterday I was wishing I had soups in the freezer. Usually I have a collection of soups. I did eat some at lunch with avocado. I did not want to add the usual sour cream topper that I like because I did not want to do the dairy other than my half and half in coffee this morning. It was okay but I put the rest in the freezer. I can't eat after midnight till after I have the CT scan. She said no drinks either. I wonder if that means I can't take my bottle of water to bed with me. I had some pineapple. Trying to eat anti inflammatory stuff.

Today I worked Back and Bi's today and had a great workout. Trying to do burn sets but these just didn't feel right. I tried!

Back
Barbell Row:
60# - 3 sets/5 reps
One Arm Row: 25# - 3 sets/10 reps
Pullover: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Double Arm Row w/band: 20 reps using the Green Band

Biceps
Barbell Curl:
50# - 3 sets/5 reps
Hammer Curl: 22's - 3 sets/10 reps
Reverse Barbell Curl: 30# - 2 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Hammer Curl w/Band:
24 reps using Green Band

This workout was 35 minutes and I burned 89 calories.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill.

Diane Sue - Why are you getting a CT scan? I hope you are feeling better.

Roselyn - Nice job working shoulder and HIIT!!

Jolie - Nice workout!! I like how you put those together. I'm sure those are great calorie burns.

No workout or stretching. I just got back from the CT scan.

Debbie, I have been sick with a low grade fever over the last week. I have a group of swollen lymph nodes along my neck and clavicle and in my arm pit. My neck is very painful as is the lymph nodes. They have done blood work and I have been to the doctor twice this week. This one ordered a CT scan for my neck. Trying to see what is making me sick. I guess the position of the lymph nodes is that are swollen and tender goes along with some not so good things. I keep praying it is some odd virus. The fever was gone this morning. I just want to feel normal again. I miss my workouts. If anything , maybe this will get to the bottom of the neck pain I experience a lot.

Diane Sue, the virus that my son had last month when he was really sick sounds like what you have. Remember, he had swollen lymph nodes and a fever for over a week. They thought he had Mano but it turned out to be just a virus. It was the worst sickness I have ever seen. Maybe that is what you have. Good news, it went away with no drugs!

Todays workout was Shoulders/ABS/Treadmill and I did my own thing again.

Seated Shoulder Press-
15# x 15
20# x 12
22# x 8
22# x 8
20# x 12
15# x 15

Lateral Raise-
8# x 15
10# x 12
12# x 8
10# x 8

Rear Flies-
12# x 15, x 13, x 12
10# x 15

Upright Rows-
15# x 15, x 13, x 12
12# x 15

Incline Alt. Front Raise-
8# x 15
10 x 12
12# x 8
10# x 8

ABS

22 minute walk on the treadmill with a high incline.

I forgot to set my Fitbit so I have no idea what my calorie burn was for the entire workout. I know my treadmill said 212 Calories. Workout was 1 hour and 10 minutes because I took a few rests to switch loads of laundry! :rolleyes:

Debbie, great workout! I don't like doing the weight exercises with the bands so I just go heavier with them.

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better. There are some nasty sicknesses going around this year! Stay home and take care of yourself.

Roselyn, nice Shoulder workout.

Have a great day.

Jolie, I could only hope it is a virus. The place that did the CT scan this morning called two hours after I left and got the insurance to authorize another CT scan for my chest and an ultrasound of my thyroid. The doctor called and they also want to do a lymph node biopsy. I get the next CT scan and thyroid done on Friday. Nice workout today. I do hate when I forget to start my Fit Bit.

Debbie, why didn't the burn sets feel right today?

I did not workout today, I just wasn't feeling it. I am going to order the new workouts right now, I am a little bored and need something new.

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling ok. Keep us posted.

Have a nice day!

I am feeling better today. No head or neck pain when I woke up and no fever again. I made it out to the grocery store for some much needed fruits and vegetables. It was a bit annoying when I went to cut the watermelon and it was rotten inside. It had a big caved in hole in the middle and smelled bad. I called and they said to come back and get another. So, I drug myself back to the store. Sprouts is really good with stuff though. They gave me another, I did not need to take the rotten one back, and they gave me back my money. I did Barre Amped Disc 1 Power Stretch and Advanced Active Stretch, 50 minutes. If I keep feeling better I may add a little more but I don't want to push myself. Particularly since I do not know what is wrong yet.

Jolie, I have enjoyed looking at the workout pictures and reading about them. I like that they are putting the low impact option on screen for high impact moves if a person wants that for the Cardio Slam workout. The PHA work will be good. I keep feeling a little bored too.

No workout yesterday, I stayed up late to see the debates and then I had to go into work early yesterday. No way could I get up early to workout. I made up for it today and did Legs and Shoulders and had an excellent workout.

Legs
Leg Press Station:
165# - 3 sets/5 reps
Barbell Squats: 45# - 3 sets/10 reps
Deadlifts: 55# - 2 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Firewalkers: From Butts & Guts - Green Band, haven't done these in ages, they killed

Shoulders
Arnold Press:
20's - 3 sets/5 reps
100 Degree Barbell Front Raise: 20# - 3 sets/10 reps (got this exercise from the newest Oxygen Mag. Really felt it)
Seated Lateral Raise: 10's - 2 sets/12 reps
Burn Set:
Barbell Shrugs:
65# - 2 sets/20 reps

This workout was 39 minutes and I burned 115 calories.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on the treadmill.

Diane Sue - I had no idea all of this was happening to you, I'm sorry you are having such issues. I sure hope everything comes out normal, that is scary. Maybe like Jolie said it is only a virus. I'll say a prayer for you, keep good thoughts, ok? And I'm not sure why the burn sets didn't feel good Wednesday, can't pinpoint it. Maybe it's because unless I follow a workout with Cathe, I don't make myself workout as hard as I could. You know?

Jolie - I would like to get some new workouts as well but Cathe's all seem the same anymore. I really wish someone would make a Body Beast 2.

Roselyn - Hope you are having some good workouts!

My granddaughter is coming in a little bit to get me for my chest ct scan and thyroid ultrasound. I feel pretty good today. I did Urban Rebounding Core Bound this morning, 38 minutes, 76 calories. This is really a lot of movement through stretching and things like dips off the rebounder into hip lifts, v sits etc.. I have always liked this just because it had more movement to it, a good stretch, and it is different. There is no jumping on this one. Last night I did Piyo Lower body define, which is really just yoga in my opinion. But it was stretching and limited my upper body work other than putting in some triceps pushups which I hate. I looked at Ice Sweat and thought about doing it, but I do not want to swing dumbbells around with my arms. I am afraid of setting off neck pain and shoulder pain. If I did it it would have been just the floor workout. I just want to do light work to keep the lymphatic system as healthy as it can be at the moment and stiffness from lying and sitting around alleviated some.

Debbie, I often feel that the dvds get me to push myself a little harder. Plus, I take to long deciding what to do and how much weight etc. while doing a workout on my own. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Today I didn't want to workout but I pushed myself and I am glad I did! I had a great workout, I did BACK. Progressive sets and a drop set. 40 second rest between sets, damn that was tough! I have actually had DOMS this week, I haven't had that in a long time.

Wide Grip Pull Downs
50# x 15
60# x 12
70# x 8 ( Hurt my shoulder)
70# x 8
60# x 12
50# x 15

BB Rows
50# x 15
55# x 12
60# x 8
60# x 8
55# x 12
50# x 15

1 arm rows
20# x 15
25# x 12
30# x 8
30# x 8
25# x 12
20# x 15

1 Arm Hortz. Rows
15# x 15
20# x 12
25# x 8
20# x 8

Deadlifts, soft Knees
50# x 12
50# x 12
50# x 12

Diane Sue, I hope everything turns ok for you. Prayers coming your way! Nice job getting a workout in!

Debbie, I am getting the new DVD set because I like to see what kind of new exercises she does and I incorporate them into my own routines. Nice workout today. I love the progressive sets, they really work the muscle and I don't have to go to heavy so I can avoid injuries in my old age! Body Beast uses progressive sets and drop sets so I figure I would do them in my own workouts. "Time under tension" is what Sagi says in Body Beast for muscle growth.

Roselyn, I hope you are enjoying your workouts!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.