Hardcore check in for October 2016

No workout today. I am supposed to rest after that biopsy. It was really not a pleasant experience and took longer than expected. Numbed twice. My neck is swollen and I sure would like to not be coughing. They said do nothing today, not laundry lifting, shopping or anything. So, rest it is. I came home and took a nap after my blessed daughter took me and got me Starbucks and a sandwich before she bought me home. I almost passed out during the procedure and was so glad that she was with me. It will be 24-48 hours before I get the pathology report.

Debbie, good idea to try the remedies that Jolie and Roselyn suggested. I used to take magnesium on a regular basis because my doctor had recommended it. I have not used it in a long time. Right now the only things that I use is WOW advanced collagen powder that has collagen, glucosamine, chondroitin, hyaluronic acid, protease, bromelain , and vitamin C in it. I have been using Collagen for quite some time and sometimes with a glucosamine tablet. So far this has been one of the best Collagen powders that I have found. I noticed a significant difference after a couple of weeks. I was surprised by this. I had considered trying Dr Axe Bone Broth Collagen, but since this has worked so well I am going to stick with it. It is a fairly new company. I got mine from Amazon. It makes it nicer than trying to keep up with multiple supplements too.
Nice job on the biceps curls. I used to be able to hit 55# at lower reps, but now I feel like I am tensing the neck and shoulders so much that I am afraid of causing pain to come back so I just go on the side of caution.

Jolie, yes, I really did like the Split sessions dvd of Kelly's. I appreciated the hamstring work and the use of the band/loop (she had a band tied in this one) along with the weight work. I have so many workouts, sometimes I forget some of them. I fully understand having meat and potato men in the house. My husband is that way. I used to have a salad for dinner rather than cook more than one meal. Now periodically I will cook up a huge batch of Paleo friendly soup, maybe some cauliflower rice that I freeze in quart size bags for my potato and rice substitute, sometimes Paleo tortillas to put in the freezer from the Performance Paleo book. This helps when I cook up taco meat or some other meats to make up a taco salad, or taco bowl on top of cauliflower rice. I also cook up extra chicken if I am making chicken that is fried for dh. I bake a couple of packages of breast tenderloins and cube it into baggies. This way I am cooking once most of the time and I have something nutritious to eat. Otherwise I hit the protein powder and have a salad. I feel that is somewhat lacking in essentials though.

Praying for you Diane Sue

So today I worked my bis and back, I am so bad about posting my weights, I will try harder:)

Debbie, my parents are doing fine, no new puppy, they were so in love with that little guy:( they just are still so heartbroken. I have a photo of him and I still get so sad. My dog is 14 and I love him dearly, and it will be hard to lose him but would not be unexpected, the loss of that puppy was so unexpected and devastating.

Today was Legs & Triceps. Had a really good workout.

Legs
Plie Squats:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
Vertical Leg Press: 135# - 3 sets/10 reps
Split Stance Squat: 30# - 3 sets/10 reps

Triceps
Lying Barbell Extension:
30# - 3 sets/10 reps
One Arm Dumbbell Extension: 12# - 3 sets/12 reps
Weighted Dips: 30# - 3 sets/15 reps

This workout was 35 minutes and I burned 78 calories. I had only 45 seconds rest and this was a hard workout. Calorie burns went down from Monday to now. Monday I burned 97, Wednesday 84 and now 78. I just don't get it.

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on a 3% incline on the treadmill.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry you had to go threw that, maybe rest today as well. I am praying for you as well, keep us posted.

Jolie - When I use my 15# bar I do add the weight, when I use my light bars I don't. Nice workout yesterday!!

Roselyn - Nice ob with your workout. It is a pain to post weights. I usually just copy/paste and then change it up. It goes quicker that way.

Today I did Pedal Power Premix timesaver #1, 40 minutes, 9.3 miles, 280 calories. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 32 minutes, 70 calories. Total time 72 minutes, 350 calories. I am feeling better today. My neck is still swollen and a bit tender. It does hurt when I cough and my allergies are acting up again. I thought maybe the allergies were done for awhile. My shoulder and clavicle still seem a bit numb. I think because they may have hit a nerve that was like an electric currant. Hopefully it gets better soon. I was able to remove the bandage this morning and just have to leave the steri strips. When I asked about exercise they said not the day I had the surgery , they wanted me to rest. I still avoided lifting heavy things today though.

Debbie, when I do a rotation it is easier to copy paste and make the changes. Right now I am just doing what I feels okay to do. So, it is harder to log. Some are workouts are harder to log when they are not done as repeated sets. Just jumping all over and some moves with no weight is hard to log as well. I find the Ice Lower Body Blast hard to log because Cathe does not have a workout card for it.

Roselyn, as Debbie says, it is easier to copy and paste. Although I sometimes find it hard. A rotation makes it easier.

Thanks for your prayers ladies. Hopefully I hear something soon.

Today I did Shoulders and one exercise for legs.

BB Overhead Press
45# x 12, x 10, x 8
25# x 20 BOS

1 Arm Lat Raise
12# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Lat Raise
10# x 12 BOS
8# x 13 Drop Set

Rear Flies
12# x 15, 12, x 10
10# x 15 BOS
8# x 20 Drop Set

Upright Rows
15# x 17, x 15, x 13
12# x 13 BOS

Alternating Front Raise
10# x 12, x 10, x 8
2 Arm Front Raise
8# x 16 BOS

Legs

Warrior Lunge with Disc Body Weight
x 12, x 10, x 8

Total workout was 45 minutes and I burned 298 Calories.
The lunges had me breathing hard, those are tough when you haven't done them in awhile.

Running late today for a football game, not time for personals.

Have a fantastic day!

Today I did the warm up, floor work, and leg drills from Lower Body Blast, 40 minutes, 143 calories. I used 3# ankle weights and my blue Cathe firewalker loop. I then did Kelly Coffey Split Sessions bonus floor work with my heavy and extra heavy loops, 17 minutes, 50 calories. I finished with Barre Amped Strength and Stretch Power Stretch, 24 minutes, 60 calories. Total time was 82 minutes and calories burned 261. That is the calorie burn average I got for the few times I did Turbo Barre. These workouts are burners but they do not burn a lot of calories. . I wanted some more work for the back of the legs today, but was avoiding lifting weights. This worked out for me. Maybe things will be better Monday.

This morning I did Low Impact Sweat workout 2 timesaver no swinging weights tough. 28 minutes, 190 calories. I then did Barre Amped Advanced Active stretch, 28 minutes, 60 calories. 250 calories total 56 minutes It is hard to believe that October is almost over. How does time fly so fast. Before we know it, it will be Christmas. I am having Thanksgiving dinner here so I need to get out and shop for turkey and let everyone know what they need to bring. Time has creeped up on me since I have had so many other things going on.

Today was Chest & Back and I wanted to change it up a bit so I did these as supersets. Had a really good workout.

Superset 1
Barbell Bench Press:
75#
Barbell Row: 55#
3 sets/12 reps

Superset 2
Incline Dumbbell Press: 30's
Double Arm Row: 25's
3 sets/10 reps

Superset 3
Incline Flyes:
25's
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 12's

Decline Pushups: 10 reps
Regular Pushups: 2 sets/10 reps

This workout was 35 minutes and I burned 115 calories. .

Finished off with a 1 mile walk on a 3% incline on the treadmill.

Running late as usual. Nice workouts Jolie & Diane Sue!! Have great ones today as well!

Today was Back and Legs. Four sets per exercise with a 1 minute rest between sets.

BB Underhand Rows
55# x 8, x 8, x 8, x 8

1 Arm Rows
30# x 8, x 8, x 8, x 8

Lat Pull Downs
60# x 10, x 10, x 10, x 10

1 Arm Horiz. Rows
25# x 8, x 8, x 8, x 8

Deadlifts
55# x 8, x 8, x 8, x 8

Leg Extensions
50# x 20, x 15, x 15, x 14

I burned 295 Calories.

Nice workout Debbie!

Running late, I will be back later to read personals.

Happy Halloween!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Split Sessions lower body, 28 minutes, 150 calories. I then did Ice Boot Camp Circuit no upper mix, 35 minutes, 229 calories. I finished off with Barre Amped lower body stretch, 19 minutes. Total time was 82 minutes, 419 calories. The good news is that there was no cancer found in the lymph nodes. I feel pretty good and they lymph nodes seem like they are resolving a bit. My daughter came over and visited today till she had to go pick up my grandson from school. It was nice just relaxing and talking. I went out and bought a turkey today. I need to start preparing for Thanksgiving since it is at my house again this year. I am making a Paleo stew with butternut squash for dinner Wednesday when my one daughter and family come over. I like trying out some new stuff when they come. The chicken with sundried tomatoes was really good that I made last week. I put it on cauliflower rice the last two days for a couple of meals. The leftovers are nice too ;)

Debbie, nice work on chest and back today.

Jolie, nice work today.

Roselyn, I kind of miss Les Mills Combat. I should try one of those again soon.

Today was Cardio Coach 3. Had a fairly decent workout, didn't feel much like running today but did it anyways. I was up late last night with our kids and grand kids for Halloween. Went to bed a bit late and I can sure feel it this morning. It was fun, though, so I don't mind.

Workout was 40 minutes, ran 2.65 miles, burned 261 calories (TM said 355) and went 5373 steps.

Diane Sue - Nice workout! Yikes, Thanksgiving is right around the corner.

Roselyn - You had a nice workout as well!

Jolie - What do you have that you can do lat pull downs? Wish I had something like that. My back workouts are so boring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.