Getting Our Licks In!

I'm not sending any Christmas cards out this year. The internet has been a good friend of mine taking care of my needs in this way. Wishing you a happy, creative, healthy and memorable Christmas time. Left you with a link that sounds so beautiful like all of you are in my life. I certainly wouldn't be Me if it weren't for you. So grateful to have you as family, friends and acquaintances. It's sad though you can't be with me during Christmas. You all make a positive difference in my life. xoxo

Milk & Bone - Blue Christmas
Shot in Melbourne, Québec on December 18th 2015. Directed by Didier Charette Cinematography by Guillaume Beaudoin Edited by OG Mix by Jonathan Dauphinais Rec...
youtube.com

X10 Hi/Lo today--love these X10 workouts. They pack a punch in less than 30 minutes--perfect for this busy month. Toby and I also walked a little over 3 miles today. Ran some errands and wrapped some Christmas presents. Keeping it low key today--kind of. Yesterday was super busy and amazingly Toby and I had a really good class last night. Pup is a little tired today. I think keeping up with mommy four days in a row is wearing him out--LOL! Lord knows, keeping up with him wears me out and I sleep very well every night.

Janie: Thanks so much for the Christmas wishes. I hope that you and Joey have a very Merry Christmas and that the new year brings you continued good health and happiness!

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

STS Cardio Circuit Blast today. Toby and I also managed to get in a couple miles of walking today in between the rain showers and occasional downpour. If this was snow, we'd be up to our elbows in it by now, but fortunately it is about 65 degrees out and the temperature is continuing to go up. Nothing like Easter weather at Christmas--and no, I'm not complaining. I know there will be cold weather in January and February so I'm thankful for this unseasonably warm weather in December. Toby and I have class tonight and then we are on a break until next Monday. Hope everyone is doing well.

Michelle

Merry Christmas Eve to my Cathe Check-In friends. We are spread across the U.S. but you all are a special part of every day. May you know peace, joy, happiness, and good health this Christmas. Toby sends tail wags, licks, and golden love.

Michelle

A little late but Merry Christmas everyone!

I'm back at work today and my body is fighting something (some pressure in my sinuses and swollen glands) but overall I feel good right now. We got home last night and spent the evening doing laundry and putting things away. I did not exercise yesterday and it was my first official day off all week. Dave got me the new yoga mat I wanted and a year subscription to Cathe's downloads and classes, I am so excited. I did an ICE core workout while at my parents and will try one of the workouts tonight, not sure which one yet :) Has anyone started the ICE workouts yet?

We had a nice Christmas with my family though someone needs to explain to my brother and SIL that it's time to put down the cell phone games and actually talk to people. I never got to really chat with my new SIL or brother because they were always on their phones, even right after Christmas dinner while still sitting around the table. Agh!

Michelle - Glad you're wearing Toby out :) Enjoy that warm weather while you can.

Janie - Thanks for sharing that lovely song - your words are so sweet.

Cindy

Another late Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends across the globe. I've been MIA b/c I've been sick all last week due to a sinus infection. This warm weather is truly trying to kill me. I did receive the ICE dvds last Saturday when I just started my vacation. I wasn't sick until Monday so I definitely tore open the package immediately. I started off w/Chiseled Upper Body + Core #1. Sunday did Mat Legs & Glutes. The stability ball section slayed me but for the rest of it I didn't really feel anything. Not quite sure how I feel about this one yet. Monday was too sick to do anything. Tuesday felt a little bit better & did Low Impact Sweat. Wednesday started feeling great so I decided to do Metabolic Total Body + MMD Shoulders + Core #2. Really enjoyed this one. Thurs. & Fri. too sick again to do anything. Xmas Day went to the clinic for meds. I'm now on an antibiotic & nose spray.

I looked at the new rotations & will do the rotation that contains the MMD's. Saturday did RockmSockm + MMD Triceps. Enjoyed this one. Sunday was the Mat workout again & tonight will do Low Impact Sweat Cardio #1 + MMD Back.

Michelle: Thx for your Xmas cheer & hope you enjoyed your Xmas. I'm sure Toby enjoyed all of your presents. I'm enjoying all of his licks.

Janie Sis: Merry Xmas to you & Joey too. Hope you enjoyed. And thx so much for your sweet words. I do wish we lived closer. Sigh!

Cindy: Merry Xmas to you & your family too. Its such a shame that people don't understand that its a time for conversing w/the family & putting away the phones. They were actually playing games? Ugh. Sorry to hear this. You'll have to let us know how Cathe's classes are. Such great gifts you received. Enjoy! Feel better.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

So glad we got Christmas behind us. Now for the real important things in life.
Yesterday was 20 min. of Rock'm Sock'm kickbox. Then I realized I should have done a premix. I learned.
Today was Premix #1 33.37 min.
I cleaned the house for a couple of hours, but need more cleaning. So backed up in that department.

Kathy Sis, So sorry for you having sinus infection. I'll take your warm weather any day. Great job on Sat. Chiseled Upper Body and Core 1. Sun. for doing Mat Legs & Glutes. And for Tues. for doong Low Impact Sweat, and Wedns. Metabolic
total Body and MMD Shoulders and Core 2. So sorry you are feeling sick. With the antibiotic and nose spray you should be feeling better soon. Also for doing Sat. Rock'm Sock'm and MMD Triceps. And for Sun Mat workout. xoxo

Cindy, Sorry about fighting something (some pressure in my sinuses and swollen glands) ugh, what a time to have that going on. Enjoy your new mat and Cathe. I've started doing the ICE workouts. So cool to me, just want I was hoping for. I feel the same way about the phones. I heard in the news someone was hiking and was on the phone and never new about the cliff just ahead of him and walked right off. He died!

Michelle, What a delightful Christmas wish from you. Melted my heart. Take care dear friend. Give Toby a pet and hug for me.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I did the entire Rock 'm Sock 'm last night and it was fun. I was hoping it would help get the DOMS out of my calves but they are still killing me 3 days after a short Barre workout. I am waddling around barely able to move! I guess the workout did it's job! Tonight I'm going to try ICE chiseled upper body - I haven't figured out yet if I can chose the premixes online so I'll have to look into that since I don't always have 40+ minutes at night to workout.

Kathy - So sorry you've been sick, sounds miserable. I hope the antibiotics start kicking in soon. Yes my brother and SIL were playing games, it was so annoying! I like to talk and make it a point to not look at my phone when I'm visiting with people, it's just rude! What is happening to our society?

Janie - I just read about that guy that walked off the cliff! People have become addicted to those devices. Glad you're liking the ICE workouts, and premixes are a blessing :)

Cindy

Toby and I went to visit my family the day after Christmas. Stayed at my sister's--me, Toby, Renee, and her five cats. The cats mostly disappeared during our visit, but the 3 older cats shared space with Toby in the early morning and at night. Cats and dog respected each other's space and all was good. Toby also was on his best behavior--he did not touch Renee's Christmas tree, ornaments, or kitchen dish towels. Didn't exercise while at my sister's. Did ICE Rockem Sockem cardio yesterday and ICE RS blizzard blast, triceps, and icy core 1 today. DH and I went to get pedicures late this afternoon. THAT was heavenly.

Cindy and Kathy: you both are fighint/experiencing sinus infections and you are about 2,000 miles apart. I hope that you are both 100 percent now. Sounds like you are.

Janie: Even if there isn't a shorter premix to an ICE workout; you can just stop when you need to and fast forward to the cool down and stretch. Take it easy getting back into the exercise; you don't want to risk an injury.

Back for more later.
Michelle

Today was a no workout day. Did lots of art and crocheting. A good day.

Cindy, Great job on Rock'm Sock'm. OOOO, it's miserable when there are DOM's in the calves. They take their sweet time calming down, don't they? Poor thing. Yesterday I did that workout but used a premix for a shorter workout. I'm bad. At least until I feel better exercising almost an hour.

Michelle, Love it when dogs and cat get along. Toby is becoming such a gentleman. Good for YOU! Great job on Rockem socken cardio and ICE RS Blizzard Blast, triceps and icy core 1. Awww. Reminds me I have to cut my toenails. LOL! Glad you enjoy that. Sounds so yummy. I will take your advice and not risk injury by taking it easy.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Tuesday night I did ICE chiseled Upper Body - enjoyed some new moves I hadn't done before- and last night I did Boot Camp Conditionaing w/o the abs and my muscles were tired so I wasn't able to push as much as normal and that's OK. I got most of the house clean (vacuuming left to do) after working out and the crock pot is cooking up some clean taco soup for me :) I'm taking tonight off to enjoy New Year's Eve with family and friends, we're hosting people and most of the food I have planned is healthy. We'll end the night with some fireworks and hopefully the kids will let us all sleep in. I have Friday off so I'll put all of the Christmas decorations away and plan to try ICE Metabolic Total Body. The rest of the weekend will be sledding with the kids and after a year starting to paint in the basement again. Brodie and Lily also start ski lessons on Sunday so Lucas and I will have all day Sunday to paint :)

I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's Eve!

Michelle - Sounds like Toby is a gem getting along with his cousins :) Pedicures are so nice, glad you pampered yourselves a bit.

Janie - I've been missing crocheting lately but feel like I need to focus on so many other things around the house before I can do that again, someday :)

Cindy

Happy New Years to everyone. I'm planning on starting Ice #1 rotation over. Seemed I didn't follow it very well. This this time will make it happen. YES! Feeling really good about this.

Janie

Happy New Years everyone! After 4 days of ICE workouts, my body is one big DOM--so I'm taking a break from exercise today. Of course, Toby and I got in our morning 2-mile walk and I have been a flurry of activity today taking down the Christmas tree and getting it and all the ornaments packed away. Time to get the house back to normal.

Janie: right now I'm just going through each ICE dvd following no particular rotation. I do the full ICE workout on the dvd one day and then the blizzard blast, muscle meltdown and abs the next. So far I've done the Rockem Sockem and Metabolic Total Body workouts. Those ICY Cores are really good. Nice to have you back exercising.

Cindy: how did you like Metabolic Total Body? I think this is going to be one of my new favorites. Enjoy sledding with the children. Sounds like lots of fun.

Waves to Kathy--hope you are just busy and did not get sick again.
Michelle

Did ICE To the Mat today. Not a sweatfest workout, but definitely gets you in the glutes and the hamstrings. Good workout when you want to workout but take it down a notch. Toby and I had a good class this morning and we just got back in from puppy playtime with his buddy Rex, the springer spaniel. Toby is a much happier and more tired dog when he gets his playtime in. The weather has finally turned cooler but it is January, so it was bound to happen. Toby likes the cooler weather and enjoyed rolling in the frost this morning. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Michelle

I'm in Shelton away from the Beach House. Forgot to get any DVD's. So I used my free weights and did some exercising. Today I rode my inside bike. Not bad. I was huffing and puffing. YaHoo! Tomorrow I go back to the BH. Can't wait to get in a routine.

Michelle, Great job on all the ICE workouts you've been doing. I'm raring to go too.

Janie

Happy Sunday everyone! Chilly here again this morning. Toby and I took two 1 mile walks with time to warm-up in-between. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be in the teens/low 20s. Will have to add some more layers. Right now it is beautiful, sunny, in the mid-50s. Much better for outside activities but right now we are watching football. Did the warm-up from ICE Upper Body, then the shoulders' muscle meltdown and ICY Core 2 from the Hit the Mat workout. Working my way through all the ICE dvds--doing the main workout one day and the bonus workouts on each dvd the next. Stepped on the scale this morning and I have maintained my weight, after losing 5 pounds since October, through the holiday season so I am happy about that. If I could lose 3 more pounds that would be great but I'll be happy to stay where I am through the year. We'll see how that goes. I'm sure Toby will help keep me active.

Janie: love that you have continued to exercise while back at the Shelton house. I saw your post on FB about the new dog--I sure hope you get him. You would be a perfect forever home for him.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

I took New Year's Day off from exercise as we slept in, went sledding, and then I put all the Christmas decorations away. Saturday I did Metabolic Conditioning and really enjoyed it, my legs were feeling it the next day. Sunday I did To the Mat and really enjoyed that one also, my legs are talking to me :) After a year I finally got motivated back into working on the basement, figured since Dave, Brodie and Lily were up skiing with lessons starting I have some time to get things done on Sundays (with the help of a 3 year old of course). I taped what I need to and then got the first coat of paint on the trim, doors, and ceiling - Dave helped me last night with the main ceiling. If I have time in the evenings this week I'll work on applying the second coat when I can. My shoulders are sore so I'm feeling muscles from the top down!

Janie - Great job working out even with not having your DVD's on hand :) I can't wait to hear what you think of the ICE rotation.

Michelle - Isn't it nice having the house back to normal? I feel like I have so much floor space again. Sounds like we've been doing the same workouts, so far I'm enjoying ICE and like you am feeling DOMs. If Toby likes the frost I'm sure he'd go crazy over snow :)

Cindy

I saw this handsome sweetie pie on my friends page. OMG! Fell in love with him right away. His name is Lefty, 3 legs and has bad teeth, and a growth that needs to come off and has skin yeast infection due to a low immunity. To make a very very long story short, there is a fund to have his teeth and tumor worked on. The skin infection is not contagious and will be OK with the continued meds and diet. I'm adopting him. I will bring him home either tomorrow or Monday. I'm hoping tomorrow. He has been in my house for a short time and have met Rolly and Higgin. Kitty hisses, but I think will be OK as time goes on. Rolly and him play and get jealous, but I think it will all work out. If I play games with the both of them equally, it will be fine. When Lefty was here before, he liked my left side and Rolly liked my right side to rest. So cute. Been busy trying hard to learn as much as I can about Lefty and thus no workouts. Once everything is in place I can start up again.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I made this breakfast for Rolly this morning and saved some for Lefty for when he gets home today. Organic Eggs, zucchini, carrots, celery, tiny amount of fresh garlic, thyme, parsley and oregano, homemade fermented vegie kraut, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, Greek yogurt, ground flax, chia and hemp seeds with coconut. Tasted it and man o man is that good. This is our doggies meals from now on. We'll just change meats around and also yogurt to acidophilus. And the vegies as well. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm! Rolly scarfed it down. At least once a day I will feed them a non grain dog food. And the dog food will also serve for treats.

PS Rolly and I walked the beach today for 2 miles plus.

Last edited:
Sorry I've been MIA this week. That's what happens when I go back to work. Been doing ICE all week. Bootcamp on Monday and Wednesday, and Low Impact Sweat Thursday, Friday, and today. Toby and I had class this morning; the largest one yet--15 dogs. That's alot of dogs in one class. All between 6 months and 1 year old. Toby does better when there are lots of dogs in class so we had a good training session. This past Wednesday was another story: only 3 dogs in class including Toby and he was bouncing off the wall. Go figure. We will be attending our first dog show this week. Toby is not entered; we will be going "in training" to get him acclimated to the indoor show venue. Starts on Wednesday in Fredericksburg and runs through Sunday. Looking forward to it and hoping to buy his grooming table and arm at this show. My breeder will be there all 5 days as well.

Janie: so happy that Rolly has a brother. Welcome Lefty! He is one lucky puppy dog. I know he is keeping you busy. Isn't it great?

Cindy: yes, it is great to have the house back to normal. I enjoyed the holidays but it's nice to be back to the normal routine. Yes, I anticipate that Toby will love snow.

Waves to Kathy!
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.