Getting Our Licks In!

Hubby took me out today. We listened to a group of people play Uks. It was very interesting. Joe (my hubby) is thinking about joining them. Maybe. I hope he does. Today was Cardio Yoga.

Michelle, Great job on YogaMax. Can't believe you did all that snow shoveling. That's a lot of work! Good for you! Also for doing ICE Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast timesaver and ICY core 2, ICE LISC 1 timesaver. Glad to hear the snow melted a great deal.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
Toby and I had class this morning and we've gotten in a couple of nice walks today. The sun is shining and the temperature is 46 degrees which feels fantastic. Did ICE Low Impact Sweat muscle meltdown-back-timesaver and Icy Core 2. Now I'm thinking about going to the mall to see if there are any deals. Toby is napping and DH is getting ready to watch the Senior Bowl.

Janie: you and Joey have such a wonderful time together. I feel like my DH and I have become hermits. I get out alot with Toby but not so my with my DH these days. Wish he would come to class with us. But his health is not the best and when it is too hot or too cold, he really needs to stay indoors. Cardio yoga sounds interesting--whose workout are you doing? I've got to get back to doing yoga at least once a week. All that snow shoveling last weekend made me realize how helpful yoga is.

Waves to Kathy and Cindy.
Michelle

What a beautiful day here in Virginia. Sun was shining and temps were in the low 60s. Toby and I took an hour long walk this morning and then again at noon. Snow is melting like crazy which means the ground is really wet and some places are downright muddy after the snowplows took out the curbside grass. I also did ICE Low Impact Sweat (the whole thing, no premixes) today. What a fun workout. But now my left knee is feeling kinky. I have no idea what I did to it. I don't think it was from exercising. Sometimes getting older is such an adventure. You never know when your body is going to act up over nothing. Looking forward to a good week. Hope everyone here is staying healthy and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Here I am Monday morning! I was going to do initially a KCM rotation but abandoned that one & decided to do the new Hammer & Chisel dvds w/Autumn from 21 Day Fix & Sagi from Body Beast. My 2 favorite instructors besides Cathe.

Saturday was Chisel Balance (all Chisels are w/Autumn) & this was no joke. Talk about balance moves!!!! The final move got me good. You had to do a one-leg deadlift right into a pistol squat trying all the while not to put your foot down. Yeah right. You had to do 2 sets of 15 reps each leg. Pure torture. I had major DOMS on Sunday but forged ahead w/Hammer Plyometrics (all Hammers are w/Sagi). This was no joke either. This made Cathe's Plyos look like a stroll in the park. I was coughing through all the jumps but thank goodness these workouts all come in at 30 min. or so. Tonight will be ISO Strength Chisel. I have no idea what I'm in store for so wish me luck.

Janie Sis: I love that song from Elvis that you played on your guitar. I too love ICE & thought the same as you that their harder than I thought they would be. Its all good though.

Michelle: Thx for worrying & thinking of me. Yes I'm definitely feeling better now even though I still have a post-nasal drip that keeps me coughing. Snow has melted here too quite a bit. Its supposed to get up to 57 degrees today. Unbelievable for February. Glad your enjoying ICE too.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

On the rotation for last night it was ISO Strength Chisel. Another doozy of a workout w/Autumn. Autumn has truly kicked it up 100% from 21 Day Fix. I believe this is the way she trains. She had you doing, for instance, a one-arm row doing 10 reps & then you have to do the isolation hold at the top for a long 10 seconds. You do this for 3 sets. I felt thoroughly worked out at the end. Tonight's supposed to be a rest day but I'm forging ahead w/Sagi's ISO Hammer Speed. Good grief! I believe this is the one where he speeds up the reps & does different tempos. Should be interesting.

Janie Sis: I must've missed your post re the UKs & wishing Joe will join the group. I hope he does too. You & your DH sure do a lot together. I hope my DH & I will too in 4 years when we retire. I'm curious too re your Cardio Yoga. What instructor does this?

Michelle: Your arms must still have major DOMS after all that shoveling. You need to purchase a snow blower. I know your glad just as I am that the snow has finally melted. I love ICE LIS. I enjoy it much more than AOLIC. Have fun today w/whatever workout you choose.

Waves to Cindy!
Take care everyone,
Kathy

Last night was Sagi's ISO Hammer Speed. Not a good workout at all from Sagi. Its a total body workout but he has you doing 10 reps & then 10 fast reps then you move onto a different body part. I just didn't feel worked out at all. Don't know if I'll ever do this one again. Argh! Why must there always be a dud in the set? Tonight's Autumn's Chisel Endurance. Should be much better.

Everybody must be very busy. Holding down the fort.

Take care,
Kathy

Last night was Autumn's Chisel Endurance & this one kicked my butt for sure! This is definitely not the Autumn from 21 DF. I loved this one & can't wait to do it again. Tonight's Sagi's Total Body Hammer + 10 Min. Ab Hammer. Hopefully this one won't be another dud. The cardio factor you get from Autumn's workouts even though its all strength. I'm loving these so far.

Waves to everyone!
Kathy

Last night was Sagi's Total Body Hammer + 10 Min. Ab. Sagi redeemed himself w/the TBH. It was hard. It was a pyramid going up in weight but the difference was that you had to actually hold the weight before going onto the next rep range. Its 10, 8 & 6. Even his ab exercises were HARD! It was a long 10 min. but I got through it even though I couldn't do all the reps like his crew. Today I'm taking a well deserved rest. Tomorrow will be back to Autumn w/Chisel Cardio. This one should be interesting.

Here all by my lonesome again. LOL Hope everyone is well.

The snow is just a nuisance today. You can't even use the snowblower as snow is wet & heavy. It should be over with by noon hopefully. No plans yet for the weekend.

Wishing everyone an enjoyable weekend.
Kathy

I've been doing the ICE rotation and yesterday was a timesaver of Metabolic Total Body.

Take care,

Janie

Last edited:
I've been trying to post a video of my jamming sessions. There is only 3, but it's not working. Ugh...once I figure it out (I hope) I will post it.

Kathy Sis, I find some of my DVD's are less doable as well. Just I like some a lot more than others. Some are getting dust on them. Great job on all the wonderful workouts you are doing. And for Last night Sagi's TBH and 10 Min. ab. Good thing Sagi redeemed himself. Good thing He redeemed himself on TBH. LOL! Sorry you were by yourself for awhile. Dang! I'm sure it wasn't a good feeling. I'll do better posting. But you are keeping us together and that's a good thing. Wish Spring will get here soon. Winter is so awful this year.

Michelle, So nice you have some good weather, enjoy it. Great job for the hour long walk with Toby. Be careful where you go with the melting snow. It can be a nuisance. And again later that day. Also for ICE LIS, Wow, the whole thing. Good for you! Oh no, take care of your knee, ice it or something. Getting older? Ugh... It's not for the faint of heart for sure.

Take care everybody,

Janie

Been a very busy week but I've been getting my ICE workouts in, plus I'm back to doing yoga once a week on Tuesdays. This week is was Yoga Max. I also have been mixing in Ripped With HIIT workouts. Toby and I went to our first conformation handling class this past Wednesday evening. I'm glad we got the first class under our belt. Now that I'm over my first class jitters, I'm thinking that we'll be going to handling class every week for a while. Let's just say we need lots of work.

Kathy: so happy to know that you have almost gotten rid of the cold/sinus problems. Thanks for holding down the fort this week. Snow is all gone here. Hope that is it for this winter. I still need to check out Autumn's new workouts. Think I will do that next.

Janie: I'm right there with you on the ICE workouts. I really enjoy the ab work bonuses. I try to add those on to at least 3 workouts a week.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

Today was LIS - Cardio 1 and Icy Core 2. All time savers. Can't help it, my body is literally getting older still. Ug... But a good workout for me.

Michelle, So glad the business doesn't interfere with the workouts. Good for you! Great job on Tuesday's yoga. Very proud of you making them a part of your routine. And for mixing in Ripped With HIIT workouts. Wow, Toby is doing so well with his classes. You are a good mom. Handling week. Keep it up!

Take care and have a good weekend,

Janie

Took a couple days off from exercise, back to it today. Did ICE Upper Body Chisel plus Icy Core 1. Hanging out watching pre-superbowl coverage now. Toby and I had obedience class yesterday morning. There were 17 dogs in class which is a big class which mixes level 1 (beginner) and level 2 (intermediate) training. Problem is that with so many dogs at different levels of training, everyone is kind of losing out. I'm going to see if Toby and I can go to the 8 am class which is level 3 but it is does not have alot of dogs in it and we will have more opportunity to "pick up our game" so to speak. Yesterday afternoon I went to a puppy party. The purpose of the puppy party was to evaluate two litters of labrador retrievers: one litter of 10 and a second litter of 9. Toby had to stay home because my friend who was hosting the party has two bitches in season so my intact 10-month old male stayed home.

Janie: I know how you feel about the body getting older but I have no doubt that you will build up your stamina and strength again with time. Lots of days I opt for the timesavers.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Saturday I thought I felt my throat getting scratchy which is a sign of a sinus infection. But through my workout I just kept telling myself that I would NOT get sick again & it seemed to have worked. That day I did Autumn's Chisel Cardio. Not your typical cardio workout. Why oh why did she have to put pullups in? Debating on doing other cardios. Just not feeling it. Sunday was Max Hammer w/Sagi. You do a pre-fatigue exercise & then you pick up your heaviest weights & do 8 reps. Only 1 set of each body part. On the fence about this one too. Didn't feel worked out which is not a good sign for me. Tonight's Autumn's Chisel Agility. I'm hoping for a good workout tonight.

Michelle: Toby's doing so well in his classes. Seventeen dogs in a class is quite a bit. Don't blame you for wanting to switch to 8 am. Great workouts from you as always.

Janie Sis: Timesavers are great aren't they? Your not alone in the body getting older. Things I used to be able to do even from a couple of years ago & now have to modify. Its all good though. How's the guitar playing?

Michelle: What did you think of the game? Definitely not exciting as it was pretty clear that the Broncos were the more experienced team. I won $300 at the Super Bowl pool. Yipee to me! I never win anything. What a surprise this was when I came into work today. The half time show was just meh. Bruno Mars was great though.

Waves to Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

Last night was Autumn's Chisel Agility. You do 2 rounds of cardio drills. I enjoyed this one & worked up quite a sweat by the end. Tonight's Hammer Power w/Sagi. This one's an powerlifting inspired workout. You use a db in place of the barbell. Good thing b/c I know nothing about powerlifting.

Michelle: This coming weekend its the Westminster Dog Show. I'll be thinking of you & Toby. Before you know it you 2 will be in it.

Waves to Janie Sis & Cindy!
Kathy

Wednesday night was Hammer Power. OMG! This one is HARD. Your only using light & heavy dbs but I have to try to nail down these power lifting moves. Their not easy. Especially the clean & jerk moves. I think I may watch Kelly Coffey Meyer's Lift dvd to view the moves a little better. Last night was Autumn's Chisel Balance & this one is HARD also. My legs were on fire. This morning suffering major DOMS in my hips & arms. Never, never do power lifting before all balance moves. Had to also do Autumn's 10 Min. Abs. These exercises were all done on the bench. HARD, HARD, HARD!!! LOL Again difficult to do right after all the balance moves. Tonight's Hammer Conditioning which is all combo moves. Lord help me! I'm on the fence re these workouts. There's very little cardio. I think the reason is b/c male bodybuilders don't like to do a lot of cardio. It would wipe out all of their muscle mass. I think I'll only do the 30 days of this rotation & then go onto a KCM rotation. I'm missing my cardio. I'm surprised at Beachbody b/c they always include a section in their kits the science behind the workouts & the rotations. This kit mostly centered on the nutrition.

Hope everyone's well & getting their licks in.

take care everyone,
Kathy

Last night was Total Body Hammer Conditioning. This is a pyramid compound workout. I liked this one w/Sagi. My arms are completely fried from this week. It centers primarily on strength & balance instead of cardio. Next 2 weeks left to go w/this rotation.

Hope everyone's well. Today as well as the weekend frigid temps here in NY. Stay warm everyone.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Kathy

Cannot believe that I have not checked in all week. I guess between work and home/Toby, I was busy. I did manage to log my workouts in workout manager. I'm mixing in RWH weight workouts with ICE cardios and some Cathe oldies. Today I did cardio and weights--so much fun. Love the buttercup routine at the end. It's been a while since I've done an hour long workout and I was really pleased with my stamina. So, because our Saturday morning classes were getting so large in size, they have split us into two classes for a while. The instructor put us in with the intermediate level class (level 2) and Toby did great today. We had 8 dogs in class including Toby; much better than last week and we did some new things today which I think is good for both of us.

Kathy: we are getting frigid temps in Virginia as well. I keep saying "just a couple of days and then it is going to warm up." And it actually is going to warm up a bit on Monday and then more so through the rest of the week. Not a lot of fun walking Toby is this frigid weather but we persevere. I like the way you mentally psyched the sick feeling out of your body. Very nice. You've had quite a workout week. I was looking at Autumn's new workouts and thinking about maybe purchasing them. Do you recommend them?

Waves to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

OMG! Where did the time go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MIA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Break day today.

Michelle, I see you are doing very well with your workout. I too haven't been here. Ugh... But still doing my exercises. Great job on the latest one; Cardio and Weights. Awe, so glad Toby is doing well.

Kathy Sis, Great job on you continuing to post your workouts here. I'm so proud of you! I'm sorry yet again for not supporting as much as I should. UGH...I need to be spanked. Great job on TBHC a pyramid compound workout. Enjoy the last two weeks of Sagi rotation.

Happy Valentine's Day,

Janie

I did enjoy Sagi's Hammer Conditioning workout on Thursday. Took Friday off. Saturday was so cold running errands in the morning didn't think I could workout in my basement but I did. This was Total Body Hammer. These workouts kind of blend into one another. Strength training done pyramid style doing 10/8/6 reps for 2 sets going up in weight for the 2nd set. You also only work your back, chest, legs and shoulders. No biceps or triceps b/c these muscles assist the larger muscles. If you've ever done the paper workouts to Alywn Gosgrove & Lou Schulyer you'll know why. You gain quite a bit of strength. Sunday I did Turbo Fire 30 Class. Autumn's Cardio Agility was supposed to be on tap but decided I needed more cardio. Had fun! Then DH took me out for Valentine's Day to our favorite tapas restaurant. Today Monday will do Max Hammer. Don't like this one but will do it anyway.

Michelle: Today are you getting snow like we are? Its not pleasant having to walk Toby but hopefully by tomorrow temps will be warmer. Great job as always on your worlouts. Autumn's new Chisel workouts are great! She far more intense & pleasant sounding in these. This is nothing like her 21 Day Fix. If you can purchase just the Chisel workouts I highly recommend them. Tony's really coming along w/his classes. Glad that class was broken into 2.

Janie Sis: Glad your keeping up w/your exercising. Where does the time go. You have quite a bit of other activities going on its no surprise that you don't post. Totally understand.

Take care everyone & waves to our busy Cindy!

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.