Getting Our Licks In!

Well after getting drenched on our last walk last night, this morning was very nice. No rain, warmer temps, nice breeze out of the south. Much more to my liking. Even though the ground was/is still very wet, I have plenty of towels for drying off Toby so no big deal. Did ICE chiseled upper body today. I really like this workout--particularly the way Cathe mixes in core work.

Janie: Rolly and Lefty are so cute together. Love the matching red sweaters. I bet they are both great workout buddies. Are they enjoying ICE as much as their mommy is?

Waves to Cindy and Kathy!
Michelle

ICE chiseled lower body today--wow! What a fun workout. If I had to pick a favorite ICE workout, I'm not sure that I could--I like all of them. Toby and I got lots of walks in today and we had a good class tonight. Hope everyone is doing okay--a little quiet on our group but I'm guessing that everyone is busy.

Michelle

I've had sick kids for the last week so work has been on and off. I have been motivated and only have 1 coat of paint left to put on the walls downstairs (it's about a 4 hour job with a 3 year old regularly interrupting me). I've also been keeping up with ICE workouts, I've had to do some time savers to shorten them and on really pressed days I've been doing Blizzard Blasts - lots of fun :)

Michelle - So exciting to be introducing Toby to his first dog show :) I'm loving the ICE workouts too, more so than I thought I would.

Janie - Congrats on the new dog, what a cutie and so lucky to be brought into a loving home :)

Cindy

Mon. I did Rock'm Stock'm Kickbox premix, yesterdat was Chiseled Upper Body and Icy Core 1 premix. Today rest day.

Cindy, Awe, sick kids is so sad. Hope they feel better soon. Good job on the painting, your work and ICE workouts. I'm doing time savers, at least we are doing something. They are good and grateful for them.

Michelle, Great job on ICE chiseled Lower body today. I like all of them too. Fix me like a glove. And for Toby and you doing lots of walking. I'm making lots and lots of noise today. LOL! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Thought the kids were healthy and Lucas woke up with what sounds like croup, ugh! I'll be busting out my essential oils tonight and cleaning the house in an effort to get rid of all germs. Still doing the ICE workouts and am focusing on keeping the snacks at bay, I gained too much weight over that past 3 months and I want to feel good in my clothes again. Tonight I'll do chiseled lower body and tomorrow I'm signed up for Pilates class. Then I'll be focused on painting the basement, can't wait for it to be done :)

Janie - Premixes are life savers for sure :) Great job on the workouts, are you enjoying ICE?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cindy

Yesterday with RWH LI-one and today was Metabolic Meltdown Timesaver, warmup, chest, and stretch. Loving these short workouts. My calorie burn really shoots up during the day after them. Today was Toby and my third day at the dog show. We are both tired. He has done very well "hanging out" in the show environment but tomorrow I think I will go for a couple of hours and leave Toby at home. We have training in the morning and I think he has had enough of the show venue for one week. Plus I want to do some shopping (at least comparison wise) at the show vendors. It's hard to go through the booths carefully when you've got a 9-month old golden retriever puppy on a leash with you. At least the vendors are all very understanding. I had one vendor who played with Toby yesterday while I looked at show choke collars and leashes. And yes, I did buy some items from the man. And I know nobody wants to hear this, but I lost 4 more pounds from Thanksgiving through this week. I've got to figure out how many calories I need to consume to maintain my current weight--don't want to lose anymore.

Cindy: tis the season for sick kids. At least you got through the holidays without any major illnesses. I hope Lucas is better soon. The croup is not fun for him or you. Cindy, if you have the fitbit app, I recommend using the calorie counter to help you lose the weight. It really helps focus you on how much you are eating and what you are eating.

Cindy and Janie: seems like we all are enjoying the shorter ICE premixes. I've been doing quite a few of them. Don't shy away from the ICY core workouts--they are very effective.

Waves to Kathy!
Michelle

Yesterday didn't exercise. Toby and I had class in the morning and I went to the dog show without Toby in the afternoon. Left Toby at home for two reasons: 1) he needed a break and to rest and 2) it was Saturday and I knew the show would be mobbed with people (and it was). Today Toby and I had a real nice hour long walk this morning and some shorter walks throughout the day. It is supposed to get very cold here overnight and through the next few days so our traditional long morning walk will be shorter until the temps moderate. Did Metabolic Total Body plus Icy core 1 today. Really love these ICE workouts.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in!
Michelle

Today is a rest day. Will start the first week over again. I couldn't do the workouts 100% and that is my goal before moving on to something harder.

Michelle, You are so good to Toby. Great job for you and Toby's hour long walk and shorter walks throughout the day. Great job on Metabolic Total Body and Icy core 1. I love the ICE workouts too. Also for doing RWH LI-1 and Metabolic Meltdown Timesaver, warmup, chest,a nd stretch. I'm really liking the short workouts too. Sometimes, even when fur baby is tired, it's nice to do some things you need and want to do. Congratulations for loosing 4 more pounds from Thanksgiving. YaHoo! If you are at your ideal weight, yep figure out what you need to stay there.

Cindy, I am enjoying ICE very much. Just what I've always wanted. Oh NO! Poo Lucas. Hope he feels better soon. The basement should almost be done now, yes? You are doing a marvelous job on that.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Very busy week. I think I have not checked in since Sunday. Monday was ICE Rockem Sockem workout. Tuesday was a rest day and Wednesday turned into a second rest day because I had an early day at Quantico. Thursday was ICE RS timesaver warm-up, tricep muscle meltdown, and stretch plus icy core 1. Today was Metabolic Total body and some snow shoveling. Yes, we are getting snow--lots and lots of snow. Blizzard time here in the mid-Atlantic. About 5 inches so far. I can't even begin to contemplate what Toby and I will "walk" in tomorrow morning. Its actually more like what Toby will run and play in because using a leash is just impossible as is trying to walk him. Plus no vehicles are moving in our neighborhood and probably won't for at least the next two days.

Janie: one day on and one day off is a good way to get back into the workouts. I like your approach.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Low Impact Step and lots of snow shoveling in 15-30 minute increments every couple of hours. I'm already starting to think: if the good Lord put it there, he can melt it. This is not the easiest snow to shovel. Thankful my neighbor came down with his snow blower and did our sidewalks and part of the driveway but its the front porch and steps that are going to be a real bear. Toby, however, thinks snow is a whole lot of fun.

Michelle

Today was shovel max. After two days of shoveling my back and arms are a bit sore but not horribly so. I had the help of a neighbor who snowblowed our sidewalk and driveway and a teenage neighbor who helped with the shoveling. We had so much wind, that the drifts in our front yard were 3-4 feet. I had to shovel the front porch and my front steps were buried in a 4 foot snowdrift. It is clear now, but the amount of snow is just mindboggling.

BTW, Toby loves all the snow. His mommy is thankful I have Toby to make me laugh through this "fun." At some point the snow plows will come through and then the second big shoveling event will be removing all the snow piled up in front of the mailbox and driveway from the snow plow. And we are potentially getting more winter weather later this week. Joy.

Hope Kathy is doing well in NYC--I know you have alot of snow too.
Waves to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

Hi Ladies!

I've been pretty sick for about 6 weeks now w/my sinus infection that just won't quit on me. I've been on already 2 different antibiotics + a strong nasal spray. Still have my cough which I have to take a pill at night which stops the cough & allows me to sleep. Its just been plain awful.

As far as workouts I've used all of the ICE + Muscle Meltdowns + Blizzard Blasts + the 2 abs. Workouts have been sporadic at best but some days I just don't have the energy or the coughing is just too much to get through the workout. Cardio right now is not my friend.

This week I've been feeling better & decided to do on Saturday Xtrain's Chest/Back/Shoulders & on Sunday did ICE LIS Cardio #1 & also did KCM's Athletic training #2 which is abs & stretch exercises which are alternated. A fun & unique way to work both. Tonight if I get home on time I'll do Xtrain's Legs.

Snow here in NYC is just EPIC! Never have I known NYC to shut down completely by the Mayor. It was scary not seeing a soul or a car on the roads when I was watching the news on tv. Our snow blower decided to break this morning. Thank goodness it wasn't yesterday! Grocery shopping I did on Friday night & its a good thing as it was slim pickings at the store on Friday. Had to finish up the shopping on Sunday late afternoon.

Michelle: I was thinking of you & wondering how you were faring. I'm glad your neighbor came by to snow plow your property. Our neighbor did our sidewalks too. Its funny to see our fur babies playing in the snow. I have a feral cat that stays in my house at night especially during the winter months & it was funny to see her jumping all over my deck in the snow. I should've filmed her. Hope you don't get more snow by the end of this week.

Janie Sis: How are your workouts? Are you enjoying ICE? Are you back in Shelton now or at the BH?

Cindy: How are the kids? I hope everyone's well.

Take care,
Kathy

Yikes! Missing in Action again! Mon. I did Low Impact Sweat-Cardio 2 and Icy Core 2. Will come back and tell you what I've done tonight. LOL

Kathy Sis, I'm loving ICE workouts. But, when I do the rotation I've been doing each week at least twice before I move on to another week. Want to make sure I'm ready for the next week so I don't get injured. I'm at the BH and loving it. Oh NO! You've been sick for 6 weeks? I hope you get some relief soon. OMG! That's awful! I can imagine how it is effecting your whole life. Isn't there something they can do to cure this in a shorter span. OMG! Sweet Pea, prayers are in order and I will pray for you. Great job on doing ICE + Muscle Meltdowns + Blizzard Blasts + the 2 abs. And for Saturday's Xtrain's Chest/Back/Shoulders & on Sunday did ICE LIS Cardio #1 & also did KCM's Athletic training #2 which is abs & stretch exercises which are alternated. Hang in there Kiddo. Be safe and warm and healthy and happy. xoxo

Michelle, Waving back to yas. LOL! Thank you. Great job on Shovel Max. LOL, Toby would love the snow. Silly dogie. Be safe and warm and healthy. Please!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Monday night's commute home was pure hell!!! In the morning it wasn't bad at all just a little delay. I didn't get home until 7:30 p.m. from 5:00 p.m. Argh! No workout. Last night though I did get home on time thank goodness. Decided to do Xtrain Legs in its entirety. Its been a while since I've done the entire workout & afterwards the DOMS snuck up on me. Legs are much better today.

Tonight will be Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #4 Sweat + abs premix. I should have fun w/this one.

Janie Sis: Glad to hear that your back to exercising & enjoying ICE. Which rotation are you doing? I mixed mine up. The 1st week I did the Level 3 Week 1, 2nd week did all the Blizzard Blasts + MMDs, 3rd week ICE + LIS Week 3 & the 4th week did ICE + Xtrain Week 4. Wanted to get a feel for several different rotations. I coughed through most of it though. :( For my sinus infections I heard that certain essential oils help. I plan on buying 3 oils to see if I can finally get rid of my post nasal drip which makes me cough. Its a reflex action the cough due to the drip. Other than that I'm fine. How are the doggies doing?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

If I don't have a terrible commute home keeping me from working out then its work!!!! Had to work late Wednesday night & didn't get home close to 8:00. Tonight will do Xtrain Back & Biceps. Friday will do Susan Chung's Rapid Fire #4 Sweat + abs if something doesn't get in my way.

I'm sure everyone's busy so I'm keeping the fort down. LOL

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Sorry I've been MIA. The family is all healthy and we're just chugging along with life :) I've been doing ICE workouts and enjoying them while focusing on cutting out sugar as step 1 right now. Lily had her first cheer competition on Saturday and did well and I'll be driving to Missoula on Saturday for her second competition on Sunday. Dave will be off to his annual ski weekend with friends so it's just me and the kids, a little intimidating with how crazy those competitions can get but we'll manage. We'll have a nice month long break until the next competition. The basement is painted (wooho!) but I have touch-ups to do and that won't be tended to until next weekend.

Kathy - I'm so sorry you're battling such a terrible cold, it's the worst when they just never go away! What a pain on the commute too, ugh! Keep up the workouts and make sure you're getting plenty of rest and vitamin C.

Janie - So glad you're loving the ICE workouts. I did To the Mat last night and just love the burn :)

Michelle - Nothing like a pup to make you enjoy the snow, even with all that work! I think the kids help me to enjoy it more because it means time to play!

Cindy

Rotation is good, but I'm not ready for week two yet. Will be starting week 1 yet again on Mon. In the mean time I'm doing the best I can with the second week. Been playing on my guitar "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" Looking at the You Tube. He (Elvis) was kinda sorta arrogant wasn't he? Cape and all. I think that's why I never got into him. But I do love this song. Can be sung beautifully.

Cindy, Glad everyone is healthy and chugging along in life. Congrats for Lily on her 1st cheer competition. Yay! The basement is painted. Bet you are glad of that.

Kathy Sis, Glad you are not going through something horrible. I heard essential oils help too. Hope it helps you. Dogs are cute! Don't get me started! LOL! Great job on your ICE workouts. I love ICE, even though they are a little harder than expected, I love them. Thank you for holding the fort down while everyone was busy. Yay!

Take care everyone,

Janie

Good golly, what happened to me? I think the snow got me all off schedule. I don't even remember what workouts I did earlier in the week. I do know that on Tuesday, I did YogaMax. My soar body needed it after all the snow shoveling. Wednesday was a break (I think), yesterday was ICE Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast timesaver workout with Icy core 2. Today was ICE Low Impact Sweat cardio 1 timesaver. Snow has melted a great deal and things are just about back to normal in terms of being able to walk Toby on clear sidewalks that are not iced over from melted snow. Back to our training class this past Wednesday night after not going for a week-YIKES!

Kathy: I was worried that you might be under the weather and sure enough you have been. Hope you are feeling better.

Janie: glad you are continuing to stick with the ICE workouts. They are great, aren't they?

Cindy: welcome back! Now the gang is all in, again!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.