Getting Our Licks In!

The rain has left, the sun came out, it is cool, but a nice morning for a 2 1/2 mile walk with my pup. Took a semi-break today and just did 21-day fit 10 minute abs. Tomorrow will be weight work.

Kathy--you have a lot of new workouts coming: Cathe, KCM, and now Sagi/Autumn. Wowzers! You're going to have a real challenge on your hand figuring out which workout to do. Lucky you.

Waves to Cindy and Janie!
Michelle

Had to work at the office again late. Didn't get home until 8. Michelle I think you top me though when you work late. No workout last night. :( I'm pretty tired from last night & I always have to wake up at 5:30 to start my day. Most likely no workout tonight either. :(

Michelle: That's a nice good long walk you did w/Toby. I always forget about the 10 min. abs from 21DF. I should do that one next week. With all my new workouts coming I'll still do Cathe's first. After all I've been doing Cathe for over 25 years. Can't leave her now can I? LOL I'll do the others after all my Cathe's.

Enjoy the weekend everyone,
Kathy

Saturday I did RWH (chest/shoulders/triceps); Sunday was Tabatacise 1-2 + Core #2 premix; tonight will be RWH or Xtrain (standing & floor work) premix. Can't remember which one. I wrote it down on my Cathe calendar.

Saturday night my next door neighbor had once again her pit fire party. She rented a horse & buggy to cart the kiddies around the neighborhood + she had a huge television screen on her front lawn showing the Elf movie for all the kids that didn't/couldn't fit in the buggy. This kept the kids occupied while all the adults could converse w/everyone. She went all out w/food & drinks this year. There must have been at least 50 people there. Needless to say I was recuperating on Sunday. I surprised myself by still doing a little bit of Tabatacise. LOL Rest of the day just relaxed.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

Janie: I too am just as excited for ICE as you. Saw your question re shipping.

Take care,
Kathy

I know we are all busy this month. No exception here. Work, training with Toby, getting the house decorated inside and out, Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, and yes, exercise. It's a wonder any of us have time to eat with how full our schedules get. Today I did To The Max premix without the HIIT--so it was step, step tabata, compound legs, and core with upper body (39 minutes). Will start Cathe's December rotation tomorrow. I like this one; she is focusing on shorter length workouts and giving us the weekends off!

Kathy: that was one doozie of a praty that your neighbor hosted. Wow--a horse drawn carriage plus an outside movie--sounds like great fun for all ages. A little bit of Tabatacise is a good thing. Geez, even if you just do one tabata, you've worked up a sweat.

Janie: I think we are all looking foward to ICE. Whenever it ships will be fine with me. I think the wait is part of the fun.

Waves to Cindy. Hang in there this month; know you are super busy with those beautiful children.

Michelle

I can't wait until Christmas is over... I'm liking it less and less every year. Too many things to do and hating the commercialization of it all. Ugh...Mrs Scrooge I guess. I did MM today, one of my favorites. Very stormy here, lots of wind and rain. On the brighter side, I get to see people that I haven't seen for awhile. That is always worth it.

Michelle, Great job on TTM prem w/o the HiiT instead step, step tabata, compound legs and core w/ upper body. I also like the shorter w/o. May do some of them too. Oh, I'm not one for waiting. I want ICE now! (stomping feet on ground) I'm like a spoiled child! LOL!

Kathy Sis, Great job on Sat for RWH, chest, shoulders and triceps. For Sunday Tabatacise 1-2, core #2 prem. And little bit of Tabatacise. OMG! Your neighbor is making Christmas so special! How cool is that? Have fun.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night was Xtrain's Legs (standing & floorwork) premix. I don't feel anything w/this workout anymore due to EBE2 Legs. (sigh!). Maybe if I choose a different premix perhaps also doing the barre. Tonight will be Rapid Fire Results which is #2 from Susan Chung. I'll choose a premix that includes abs.

Janie Sis: I too am trying my best to be patient for ICE but when it does arrive we'll have it for life. Maybe its the weather that has you down right now. Cold & rainy will do it. You haven't decorated your house? Maybe you should come to NYC to view all the window displays. Barneys this year has all ice sculptures in their windows. Not to mention the beautiful tree in Rockefeller Center. You'd love it. Good job on doing MM. That's one of my favorites too.

Michelle: Good job as always as your premix. That sounded like a doozy to me. Packed a punch. I should take a look at Cathe's Dec. rotation. Shorter workouts are a good thing for Dec.

Waves to extremely busy Cindy! Hang in there.
Kathy

Last night was Rapid Fire Results w/Susan Chung. I did the Cardio Explosion premix which contains all 4 combos & all 4 drills + abs. My abs were fire b/c Susan uses the med ball in all of the exercises. Tonight's RWH (back/biceps). I'm starting to come down with a sinus infection. Wish me luck at getting rid of it by tomorrow.

Hope everyone's having a good day today.

Kathy

RWH Plyo HIIT 1 yesterday and X10 Fat Burning Circuits today. I had a late afternoon up in Maryland this afternoon and did not get home early enough for Toby and I to go to training tonight. This is the first class we have missed but that's the way things go. We'll be back to school on Saturday morning. I've still got some Christmas shopping to do but I know what I have left to do. Will try to get the tree decorated this weekend and then that is it for decorating. Just going with the basics this year. I'm so much busier with Toby and that is a good thing. I think Santa Claus might be going overboard with Toby presents.

Kathy: sure hope you are not getting a sinus infection. This time of year? How crazy would that be? Are ya'll get this springtime weather in NY? We are enjoying it for now because Lord knows the cold weather will return.

Janie: I know this can be a stressful time of year. But you are right to focus on friends and family. This is a time to enjoy and treasure--I know it's hard, but I have faith that you will. :)

Waves to Cindy!
Michelle

Last night was RWH Back/Biceps No Finishers premix. Wasn't feeling well due to my sinuses but managed to still do the workout. Feeling better today even though I sound nasal. Tonight & tomorrow no workouts as I need to finish up my Xmas cards & gift wrapping.

Michelle: Good job on your workouts. It happens sometimes if you need to miss a training class w/Toby. Work must come first. I'm sure Toby will be loving all the presents you bought him. Today feels like spring. Its great isn't it? Not looking forward to the frigid weather that's on its way.

Enjoy the day everyone. Waves to Janie & Cindy!
Kathy

Cardio leg blast premix #7 (segments 7-12) today. I really like this workout. Wish I had had the time to do the whole workout today.

Kathy: we are loving this weather too. Supposed to get up to the low 70s this weekend. But you are right, sooner or later the cold weather will come. Kudos to you doing your workout with a sinus infection. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Waves to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

Still here and can't believe I'm sooooooo busy. MG! I can't wait for normal.

Take care everyone, You are on my mind a lot.

Merry Christmas to all,

Janie

Saturday even though it was busy, getting my hair done, wrapping presents, finishing Xmas cards, etc. I managed to do CTX's shoulders & triceps. Little did I know that late in the day in my mailbox was KCM's Strength & Stamina & Athletic Conditioning 2. I first looked at the cover to them (beautiful), next looked at the back cover of S&S, next I took a scissor to the shrinkwrap & next opened it up. That was it. I did Strength & Stamina #1 on Sunday. LOL What an awesome workout!!! Packed a lot in in just 30 min. You do 2 strength exercises either using 20#dbs or 15#dbs doing 2 sets & then you pick up your kettlebell & do swings & other exercises. Its definitely a challenge. Loved it. Tonight will be Intensity Step & Low Impact premix b/c my arms are killing me.

Michelle: It was close to 70 degrees over the weekend. Just beautiful weather we're having. People walking around in their shorts & short sleeved shirts it was great. Did you have your training session w/Toby on Saturday? How did that go?

Janie Sis: I can only imagine how busy you are getting everything ready for Xmas. Will you be traveling at all? I saw on the news the torrential rains & mud slides in Washington. Is everything okay by you?

Waves to extremely busy Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

I have quit all exercise until ICE come to my doorway. I need a break from all this business, unfortunately exercise have to suffer. There simply is not enough time during the day. Oh well. It's OK, once Christmas is over. I'll get back to the swing of things. I promises. I'll keep in touch.

Kathy Sis, Great job for doing CTX's shoulders and triceps. And for doing your newbie Strength and Stamina. LOL! I'm glad it was awesome. It sounds like it's wonderful.

Take care,

Janie

I took a 3 day break from exercise--Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Just too busy trying to get Christmas stuff done in addition to the regular every day stuff. Picked up yesterday with the second week of the Dec. rotation: RWH Plyo 2 and then X10 Cardio Blast today. Tomorrow will be Supercuts first-half premix. Two more days of work and then I'm off for the rest of the year. Yeah! I'm back to counting calories this week--just trying to make sure that I don't overdo during the holiday season.

Janie: I understand how it is hard to get exercise in this month--obviously, I was in the same boat with you over the weekend. But that is the nice thing about Cathe's December rotation; she gives you the weekend off.

Kathy: I think we're all feeling a bit overwhelmed this month. KCM knew you needed some inspiration and provided it by mail! How much fun is that? Strength and stamina sounds like a great workout. Goodness knows we all need stamina to get through the holidays. We've had warm weather too--but the air changed late today. So back to my hat, mittens, and winter jacket tomorrow for Toby and my early morning walk. Toby will be very happy that it is cool again.

Waves to Cindy. Hope everyone is staying healthy in your family this holiday season.
Michelle

Had Tuesday off from work to get my mammogram taken care of. Won't know the results until later on in the mail. When I got home yesterday I just had to do KCM's Strength & Stamina #2. This one works the small muscles & you only use 8's or 10's dbs for 3 sets of the exercises. Another awesome workout! I have to check out all KCM's premixes. Tonight I'll do KCM's first step boxing workout. I'll probably not workout on Thursday or Friday.

Michelle: I only have this week left to work & then I'm off too until after the New Year except for the 28th. I'll have to go into work on that day. Glad you'll be off from work too. :) I looked at the Dec. rotation but just decided to do my own thing for now. Patiently waiting for ICE. I too am trying not to overindulge too much. My son, Craig had his birthday on the 10th & of course there was the birthday cake + cookies that he brought home from work. I'm going to try very hard when I'm home to be good. I think you'll do better than me on the eating. Give a big hug to Toby from me.

Janie Sis: Before you know it Dec. will be over & so will the holidays. We'll be receiving ICE pretty soon now. Hang in there. Come back here whenever you can.

Wave to Cindy! I too hope all is well w/the family.
Take care,
Kathy

So sorry I've been absent, as with all of you I've been cramming a lot in with little time left to exercise and the scale is showing it! I decided to change that and got in X10 Fat Burn on Monday and PiYo Full Body yesterday. I'm feeling very sore but plan to get a quick X10 in tonight also.

I have most of my Christmas stuff done but it seems more keeps getting added to my plate. I will finish the wrapping of the kids' gifts this weekend along with my baking (had to add on some school Christmas treats for the kids to take on Tuesday) and then I think I'm officially done. The school Christmas programs were last week along with cheer and day care Christmas parties. I have our annual wine glass exchange for my wine club on Friday and plan to get some sledding in on Saturday and Sunday because we were blessed with 5 inches of snow at my house (there are about 10 inches at work). As busy as it all is I am making sure to get the fun quality time in with the kids. We'll have to drive around to look at lights on Saturday night :)

Janie - It gets to be so much at Christmas and I think to keep the spirit I have to avoid crowds and focus on the simple things to keep that bah humbug attitude away :)

Kathy - I hope the mammogram results are good! Great job keeping up with those workouts and the new ones sound great, after the holiday's I'll have to look into them.

Michelle - That's wonderful you get such a long break, helps to give you time to get everything in. What is Toby thinking of his first Christmas and what presents is he getting? We have my SIL for Christmas this year and she has 4 dogs and 2 cats so we had some fun getting them gifts.

Cindy

I'm officially on "vacation" until after the first of the year. Toby slept until 7 am this morning (rather than the normal 5:30 am wakeup)--what a luxurious joy that was! Although cooler weather is here for a few days, we still get our walks in and Toby had playtime with him buddy Rex this morning. I spent most of the afternoon wrapping Christmas presents and Toby stayed busy keeping an eye on me and chewing on his bully stick. Did RWH LIH2 yesterday morning and Tabatacize (tabatas 1-3) today. Sweet! AND, I got my email from Cathe.com yesterday indicating that my ICE workouts have shipped. I'm thinking they will definitely be here by Christmas eve! Anybody else get their email?

Kathy: I had my mammo last month. Still waiting on the results--I was supposed to get them electronically but the password didn't work. It's taken me two weeks to get through to the records folks in the office. They but my results in the mail today. Geesch! The KCM strength and stamina 2 workout sounds good. So glad you are enjoying your new workouts. It's hard not to overeat this month--I feel like I have to be extra aware during November and December of what I eat and how much. Toby appreciates the hug. He sends licks and tail wags!

Cindy: X10 workouts are great this month. Less than 30 minutes, a great workout, and boom, your done. Cathe has lots of shorter workouts on her Dec. rotation. Mostly RWH, X10s, and XTRAIN workouts. It's nice ya'll have snow. I know the kids are loving it. When do your children get out of school for Christmas and New Years? Toby seems to be enjoying the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Santa has gone a little nuts this year for Toby--but he has been a very good boy. Enjoy all those animals over the holidays. Sounds like you are going to be busy but having fun!

Waves to Janie.
Michelle

Had a period of no official exercise form Thursday-Sunday. I did get walks in over the weekend, sledding, and snow fort building so I wasn't a bump on a log at least. Tonight will be a quick RWH workout. No ballet nor cheer for 2 weeks so that alone feels like a vacation :)

Michelle - How wonderful Toby slept in, that's such a nice treat :) Enjoy your lengthy time off and I can't wait to hear what you think of the ICE workouts. My kids have school today and tomorrow and then are off until the 4th. I'm taking Wed-Fri off this week and am ready for the break :)

Cindy

Just wanting you all to know, that I won't be back on the forum until after Christmas. Wishing you all a very merry Christmas with lots of happiness and fond memories. I love you guys and you all keep me in check. That, I hold dearly.

Merry Christmas everyone,

Janie

Toby and I have had several busy days. Today after our morning walk, I took Toby to the groomer and I finished my Christmas shopping. Did RWH LIH plus core 1 this afternoon, then Toby and I went for another walk and did a little training. We have training class tonight and Wednesday night but no class on Saturday this week. Tomorrow I have a bunch of errands to run in the morning and then I will try to finish wrapping presents. "Try" because my sweet pup has a tendency to get into things which makes wrapping presents a longer process than normal. But I wouldn't trade this "fun" for anything. Oh, almost forgot, I received my ICE workouts on Saturday. Have not had time to check them out yet.

Cindy: those RWH workouts are great!

Janie: Merry Christmas to you!

Waves to Kathy!

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.