Getting Our Licks In!

I had a strong start with exercise to my week and then opted for sleep one night and was too busy with kid activities last night. Tonight we're hosting a Halloween Party for the kids (I have 7 coming for sure and possibly 5 more as they are maybes) so I've been busting my bum prepping food (mostly healthy options), decorating, and lining up games for the kids. Should be fun and exhausting! Plan to get a workout in on Saturday morning and then get out trick or treating with the kids. Lucas is spider man, Lily is a vampiress, and Brodie is a Death Eater from Harry Potter. How is November 2 days away?!?

Janie - Don't feel guilty, we all get busy and have to give somewhere!

Michelle - I can't wait to see a picture of Toby in his costume, I'm sure he's adorable! We've been getting a lot of rain too, nice to have but not when you want to be outside.

Kathy - You are doing great with workouts, I hate when I struggle with a routine and feel off - great choice changing and maybe next time you try it won't be so bad.

Cindy

Break day on Thursday and Cardio Leg Blast Timesaver 1-6 yesterday. Toby and I went to the Halloween Party at Pup N'Iron last night. Toby was a pumpkin and I'm glad I only spent $5 on his costume because it probably won't fit in another week. He really looks almost full grown. Didn't get to bed unitl 11 pm last night which is late for me. Then up early this morning and rolling with Toby. Had class at 9am then back home and working around the house. Toby played with his buddy Rex and then in the neighbors sprinkler while he (the neighbor) was trying to fix the sprinkler head. Toby was just about soaked and my neighbor was laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall over. Brought Toby home and toweled him damp. He is taking a nap in front of his fan right now and drying out. I'll have to comb him out later on. We are all set for the trick or treaters. I love seeing the neighborhood kids dressed up.

Kathy: yes, it is frustrating when the workout is clipping along and you can't keep up and your form is suffering. I usually just go at my pace and try to do the moves correctly. But yes, sometimes the best option seems to do something else.

Janie: don't worry about not exercising. You clearly aren't sitting around on your butt. You are retired; I say: ENJOY!

Waves to Cindy.
Happy Halloween to everyone.
Michelle

Giving Cathe's November rotation a try. Might have to do premixes on some days, but doing her rotation takes the mystery out of deciding on my next workout. Since I did the first half of Cardio Leg Blast on Friday, I did the second half today. I really do like that workout. Toby and I also took over a 2 mile walk today and a bunch of shorter ones that are about 1/3 of a mile long. This puppy needs more exercise which means I get more exercise. Not complaining; I sleep very well every night and I'm slowly losing a little weight which is a good thing as we head into the holiday season.

Cindy: you are such a good mom. All those activities have got to burn calories. Looking forward to seeing pics of the kids on Halloween on FB.

Waves to Kathy and Janie!
Michelle

Monday is a day of exercise. Don't know what I'm going to do yet. But will let you know tomorrow. The November rotation (until Ice comes to us) sounds good to me. Thinking really hard on doing it.

This is me yesterday: LOL! Lots of fun. I volunteered at a church and got caught up in Halloween. Some of the kids were frightened by me so I went someplace else until they moved along.
Me 2015 Halloween.jpg 12065786_10208226268998437_2508505450342404040_n.jpg

Everyone looks great and I'm still so very busy. But tomorrow I will relax and do my rotation with Cathy and the gang.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Saturday I started EBE2 Weights + Plyo Legs. Yowza! Forgot how intense this one is. Sunday was EBE2 UB (this one gives you a break from the plyos). Tonight will be EBE2 Weights + Plyo Glutes.

Janie Sis: I LOVE your pictures. What a hoot! I'm not surprised you scared some of the kids. We only had about 20 kids this year. Very disappointing as we usually have between 40-50 kids. Did you start the Nov. rotation?

Michelle: You & Toby sure do quite a bit of walking. Its no wonder your losing weight.

Cindy: How did the Halloween party turn out? I'm sure the kids had a wonderful time. I can't believe its Nov. 2nd already!

Take care,
Kathy

The Halloween party was a big hit, we had 16 kids (mine included) over and everyone had fun and got wore out :) Trick or Treating was fun on Saturday and then Sunday we got out for a walk since the day was beautiful then it was chores around the house. I came down with a head cold on Sunday and am just now feeling somewhat normal. I'm going to try to get a PiYo workout in tonight to ease me back into exercise. We got our first snow yesterday so my kids are excited and playing in it as much as they can. Seems it may stick around for a bit too :)

Kathy - I have no idea where this whole year has gone! Great work getting your licks in :)

Janie - That costume is wonderful! What are you doing for exercise this week?

Michelle - Toby is such a joy! Getting those extra walks add up quickly!

Cindy

Hanging in with Cathe's November rotation. Cardio Core Circuits this morning--IMHO, one of her harder workouts but I survived! The weather has been great so far this week. Toby and I had two nice 1 mile long walks this morning and he was pretty good on the leash. We only had 4 puppies/dogs in class last night which was nice and kind of weird. The room we are in is huge and it almost seemed like it was a private class. Our homework is to stop using treats as bait for loose leash walking but to still reward from the treat bag when Toby walks "with me" correctly. "With me" is my command for heel and Toby is supposed to be on my left side. No treats for pulling or being anywhere other than my left side, keeping stride "with me," and occasionally looking at me.

Cindy: so happy you had a good turnout for your Halloween party. Snow already? UGH! I know that you guys are used to getting snow early and often where you are and it is a good for the ground water supply. I much prefer 70 degree days in November. You seem to really enjoy the PiYo workouts. I'm still toying with the idea of potentially buying them.

Janie: Your costume was a little scarey; good but scarey. That is the way it is supposed to be. Hope you are doing the November rotation--it's nice to have someone to do the rotation with even if we are on opposite sides of the U.S.!

Kathy: we thought we would have lots of trick or treaters this year since Halloween was on a Saturday, but we have about 50-60 mostly between 6:30-7 pm. That is about our normal. Double workouts? You go girl!

So after two years of not feeling very festive for the holidays, I'm thinking I will decorate early this year. First up will be the porch--which needs to be cleaned, particularly the railings. Then I'll start figuring out how I am going to decorate and start getting stuff pulled together to do that.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!
Michelle

Flex Train today; worked at home, but took lots of walk with my sweet pup, Toby. Weather is glorious here in Virginia; feels like spring bordering on summer--but fall is supposed to be back tomorrow. Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday.
Michelle

Enjoyed a really nice weekend. Been working on finishing up a paper but still managed to find time to exercise and spend time with Toby getting some additional exercise. This morning we had a really wonderful 2 mile walk--it was a clear, crisp morning--just beautiful. Did Great Glutes this afternoon. Love Cathe's leg workouts. Still rolling with the November rotation.

Janie: no need to apologize for being busy--being busy is a good thing, especially if you enjoying what keeps you busy.

Waves to Kathy and Cindy.
Michelle

Work last week was horrendous. Glad its over with. No workouts after that day of EBE2 Glutes. On Saturday I did KCM's Slim Sculpting which is a kettlebell workout + Kelly puts in a cardio segment while holding onto the kb. Love this workout. Sunday was KCM's Cardio Pump but did all UB strength + Rapid Fire 3 abs. Monday was Cathe's Lean Legs. Was this one EASY in comparison to EBE2 Legs. It was a nice change though to mix things up. Tonight toying w/doing either Cathe's Intensity, one of the premixes, or doing Amy's Kickbox Surge. Do I dare try this one again? LOL

Weekend was nice. DH & I went out for brunch on Sunday. Saturday night rented a movie Insidious 3 which we both enjoyed.

Cindy: That was quite a large turn out you had for the Halloween party. I'm sure everyone enjoyed themselves. You have the dreaded snow already. I know your used to it but I'm dreading when December rolls around & we start to have snow. Your well w/the PiYo workouts. I can't seem to fit it into my rotation or work keeps getting in the way.

Janie Sis: We know how busy you are. I hope to be just as busy when I retire.

Michelle: That Cardio Core Circuit one is definitely NOT a favorite of mine. Good job on doing that one. I always liked Flex Train. Good job on doing that one too. Toby must be doing well w/his training. Is he listening to you & staying on your left? Hopefully most of the time.

Its gloomy here today in NY. Cold & raining.

Have a good day everyone.
Kathy

Happy 240th Birthday to the Marine Corps!

Gloomy here today but I had the day off and Toby and I made the best of it. Took lots of walks so hopefully I have a sleepy puppy tonight. Did Supercuts today--Crossfire tomorrow--uh-oh. Have tomorrow off too for Veterans' day. It is supposed to be sunny and in the mid-60s tomorrow. Yeah! I'm counting every calorie that I put in my mouth--about half-way to losing 5 pounds. Just need to trim down a bit. For some reason, it's easier to do this time of year for me. Go figure.

Kathy: am I wrong or do you a "horrendous" trend going at work? Hope this trend comes to an end soon. Did you do Intensity? I have that one waiting for me at the end of the month. Cardio Core Circuits is not so bad. I always feel like I've accomplished something major after that workout. EBE2 Legs must be a fierce workout. Hopefully, the snow will hold off until after the first of the year. I'm resolved to a cold, snowy, icy winter this year since I'm back to being a dog walker and this dog LOVES cold and wet. More LLBean cold weather wear will definitely be on my Christmas wish list.

Waves to our busy mom, Cindy, and our busy retiree, Janie.
Michelle

Happy Veterans' Day! Beautiful weather in Virginia today. Toby and I walked over 5 miles (not all at once) and also raked leaves. I raked leaves; Toby played in them. But I did finally get the leaves up, at least for now. Did Crossfire this afternoon, premix fitness blast, plyo legs, and bonus core. Toby and I have training class tonight. I hope we can both stay awake, although the pup is napping right now so he will probably be more rested than I am. I am sure that we will both sleep very well tonight.

I hope everyone had a great day. Waves to all!
Michelle

Had off for Veteran's Day. Nice relaxing day. Tuesday night was ROKO the Kickbox Cardio + Cardio Gloves premix. Yesterday was Great Glutes the entire workout. My goodness! I didn't realize this one has 4 different segments to it. Its been a while since I've done it. By the time I hit the 4th segment, floorwork, I was done! I only managed to do the first small segment to that one. Toes started cramping. Do any of you ladies experience toe cramping after doing strength or cardio? I do all the time & cannot figure out why. Tonight's PiYo Sweat.

Michelle: Work has been horrendous but this week at least its been unstressful. Perhaps calm before the storm. I'll see what transpires next week. Five miles walking w/Toby is quite a bit + raking leaves? You must sleep like a rock. How did training class go last night? Were you able to take a nap like Toby? :) I like that Crossfire premix you did too.

Have a good day everyone.
Kathy

I didn't realize so much time has passed since my last post. Exercise has not been my main focus so it's been some X10 and Pilates - I am planning to get back into focus with it next week. Started my Christmas shopping on Wednesday and since I had the day off I also got my hair cut and a massage so that was nice. We're off to Missoula this weekend to visit family and Dave will catch a Griz game with Lily and Brodie, should be fun :)

Kathy - I'll get foot/toe cramps here and there, not sure why though! Glad you got a relaxing day off, keep up those awesome workouts!

Janie - Best to be busy than bored :)

Michelle - You and Toby and doing great with your workouts, I need to live up to your level of activity!

Cindy

Hi everyone. What a beautiful day here in Virginia today. Toby and I have walked alot today--about 5 miles--not all at once, but we do log the miles. Took a break yesterday--my hip flexors needed a day off. Today was RWH LIH1. Tomorrow is obedience training in the morning and then yoga max. Opened up the baby gates to the family room and upstairs today; got to let the pup roam sometime. He did pretty good today. Hard to believe that he will be 7 months old on Monday.

Kathy: you made me laugh when I read your post. Your toes cramp up on the last segment of Great Glutes? Usually my glutes are cramping up on the last segment of that workout. You are too funny. Horrendous at work but not stressful at work is a step in the right direction.

Cindy: X10 workouts are great for short, sweet, and sweaty. I love doing those. I'm thinking you manage to stay pretty active keeping up with your three children. Enjoy your trip this weekend!

Waves to Janie.
Michelle

I did Thursday PiYo Sweat. Did well with this one & enjoyed it. Friday was rest day as well as Saturday. Sunday went into the city & met my GF. We had passes at Equinox gym in Columbus Circle to take 2 classes w/Ilaria Montanani. We did Bodystrikes which is a lower body workout very similar to kickboxing. This has some balance moves in it. Right after that class we went right into Powerstrikes. which Ilaria is known for. You can find her workouts on youtube. Then we went out for lunch as I was starving. LOL Hope to be able to walk tomorrow.

Janie Sis: Busy retireee. How are all of your art projects going? We'd love to hear about them.

Michelle: Glad I made you laugh re my crampy toes. LOL Your workouts are great as usual. Tomorrow I'll hit my upper body as my legs and glutes are toast. Give some hugs to Toby.

Cindy: Your DH needs to buy you a Fitbit to track those steps of yours. X10 is not a favorite of mine but does come in handy when your short on time. You do great.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

What a beautiful day today. Sunshine and temps in the mid-60s. Supposed to be more of the same tomorrow and I have the day off--woohoo! Did RWH LIHI Legs today--first workout of the 3rd week of the November rotation. Lots of puppy walks today, raking leaves, and playing with Toby. Hopefully, we all sleep well tonight (I think we will).

Janie: happy to have you pop in to let us know that you are busy and are getting some exercise in. Good for you! Ya'll are getting a bunch of rain out there in the Pacific NW--hope ya'll are okay.

Kathy: wow, you had quite the day today. Sounds like loads of fun--kind of a mini Cathe roadtrip but with Ilaria. When you walk tomorrow, you'll know that you earned those DOMs today.

Waves to Cindy!
Michelle

Another beautiful day in Virginia. I had the day off and Toby and I spent alot of time outside. In addition to walking alot, I cleaned the railing on the front porch and Toby had fun getting wet. Did part of my Thanksgiving grocery shopping and went to the hospital to get some blood drawn (just for normal stuff like cholesterol, CBC, etc). I also put down the Scott's Winterguard on the yard--it can rain now. Still have to finish cleaning out my garden in the front yard and then I'll be ready to start putting up Christmas decorations. Did RWH LIHI Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps today. Also had training with Toby tonight. Needless to say, I had a busy day. Should sleep good tonight. Back to work tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing well and getting their licks in.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.