Getting Our Licks In!

Another beautiful day here in Northern Virginia. Did a little yard work and got in some puppy play time for Ripken with his buddies Summer and Ellie. Haven't exercised yet--waiting until the end of the Redskins/Falcons football game.

Jane: no need to apologize for not exercising if you do not feel good. You havent' had a GERD bout in quite a while--are you being careful with what you are eating? I hope this round does not last too long. I know how much it stinks when you want to workout and your body is not fully cooperating. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Waves to Kathy and Cindy!
Michelle

Lucas had a great 3rd birthday party and felt special for his day :) We had a flag football game for Brodie earlier in the day so we were all exhausted by the time we got home. No official exercise this weekend but I got a lot of steps in with the go-go-go of life. I spent Sunday organizing piles of stuff that have been gathered around the house, it's so nice to have it done though I still have lots more! Got in RWH Low Impact 2 last night and it felt great. Tonight I'll do a PiYo workout, probably with the slide discs since that kicks my rear!

Michelle - Congrats on graduating from puppy kindergarten and moving onto the next step :) Sounds like you both are learning a lot and I'm sure A++ students! Fall is my favorite time of year and we're enjoying similar temps and day as you, I love it!

Janie - I haven't looked into the ICE workouts much but with the pictures she's posting they do look fun. Can't wait to hear what you think of them. I hope your GERD goes away, that's such a miserable feeling.

Kathy - Hope you're enjoying some time and not too busy with life!

Cindy

Sorry I've been MIA. Work last week especially Thursday & Friday were horrendous. Very stressful. I should think about purchasing a meditation cd. Calm the nerves.

Saturday I did KCM's Body Shop #1. The DOMS snuck up on me w/this one. Sunday was Turbo Fire 30 Class. Love Chalene + RWH abs #1. Monday was Rapid Fire 4 Sweat boxing #2 + kickboxing #2 + kickboxing #3 + stretch. Tonight will be the 2nd half of Body Shop #2.

Michelle: Glad that your back is feeling better. Congrats to little Toby for graduating from puppy kindergarten & going onto the next level in his training. Your workouts are always great even when you do low impact. Our weather here in NY too has been beautiful warm too for this time of the year.

Janie Sis: So sorry about you having to deal w/GERD. Hope all goes well at the doctor & you get relief soon.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Got my GERD under control. Whew! I was eating way to much at one time and was trying to get away with foods that everyone else was eating. I simply can not do that any longer without suffering the consequences. I'm OK. Had a doctor appt. for a check up. My breast is acting up from taking out my breast implants 5 or 6 years ago. Scheduled for mammography on Wed. with lots of blood tests. Also one ear has lost 80% hearing and so far can't find out why. Will go in for a hearing test again soon. Been busy with all this stuff and hadn't had time for exercising. Will start again on Mon. Been missing my UFO group, but was able to at least jam on Thur. WheW! You all look busy and healthy. Good!

Kathy Sis, I hear meditation can work very well. Hope your stress goes away, cause it's so bad for your health. Great job on KCM's Body Shop 1. Yep those DOM's, good though. Also for Turbo Fire 30 Class and RWH abs 1 and for Mon Rapid Fire 4 Sweat boxing 2 and kickboxing 2 and 3 and the stretch. Bet that was nice.

Cindy, So glad Lucas birthday party was special for him. Good job on for getting a lot of steps in with the go-go-g0 of life. And the organization on Sun. And for doing RWH Low Impact 2.

Michelle, Great job on yard work and puppy play time for Toby. (Ripken must be thinking of you since you mentioned him.) I do that with Rolly and call him Molly every now and then.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Hi everyone. It has been another busy week. Toby and I are going to training class 3 times a week now: Monday night; Wednesday night, and Saturday morning. I'm enjoying it and he seems to enjoy it too. We need to work on our down-stays; he does much better with his sit-stays. He is also getting better about sitting (no jumping) and letting people pet him. Little by little, we are getting there. Work has been busy but not overly so. It is chilly here this weekend. Toby loves it; me not so much. I'll be checking out LL Bean for some more cold weather outerwear since it is clear I am going to be outside much more with Toby this fall and winter. Been doing Body Blast workouts this week; did premixes from Step Blask and Step, Jump, and Pump. Today was the cardio-conditioning premix from Kick, Punch, and Crunch.

Janie: well, I'm glad you figured out what was aggravating your GERD. I know it is hard to stay on track with the eating but I had a feeling that you probably were eating things that you should not be.

Cindy: your baby boy is not a baby anymore: 3 years old. He is getting to be a big boy. Do you have a fitbit? I'm wondering how many steps you log and calories burned just keeping up with the children?

Kathy: Hope your horrendous work days are history for a while. Can only stand those for so long. Your workouts have to help with the stress. I'm wondering how long--time-wise--do your workouts run? Hope you are able to get some relaxation in this weekend.

Michelle

A little chilly here in Northern Virginia, again. We had a light frost last night and the wind picked up again during the day keeping things on the cool side. Exercise today was Cathe's Push Pull upper body two times premix. Toby and I have enjoyed several nice walks and he has gotten to play with some of his doggie friends today. I let him "roam" the second floor of our house while I was ironing clothes this afternoon and he did pretty well. Had to tell him "no" and "leave it" several times but for the most part, he just sniffed around and got comfortable with my office, DH's office, and the spare bedroom. It's been a weekend of small Toby triumphs: the toilet paper is back on the rollers in all the bathrooms; the kitchen towel is hanging up in the kitchen; Toby learned to jump into my DH's SUV so I don't have to pick him up anymore. He also did not jump on the neighbors when he ran up to them but sat down and waited to be pet. And when it looked like he might head across the street, I told him to sit and stay and he did! Don't know if he'll repeat all the good behaviors tomorrow but at least we have signs of progress from all the training that we are doing. Hope everyone else's weekend has been good!

Michelle

Will be doing art work all day with a friend tomorrow. Then Tues. will go to Shelton for Wed. doctor appts. Will start exercising Next Mon.

Michelle, It's chilly here as well. Great job on Push Pull upper body 2 X prem. Glad to see you and Toby walking and having fun and the big Toby triumphs Yahoo. That so cool! Cool Toby and you are in training class 3 X a week and enjoying it. Great job on the Body Blast workouts; prem. from Step Blast and Step Jum and Pump. And for Cardio conditioning prem from KPand C.

Mechelle, you know me so well.

Take care,

Janie

Saturday I did KCM's Lean Body Circuits #1. Love this one. Sunday no workout. DH & I went to the NY Botanical Gardens to view a South American artist Frida Kahlo. Some of her paintings & drawings were featured in the Gallery. Such a great day viewing the rain forest & the cactus room in the Conservatory. Monday I did KCM's Cardio Blast the step workout which is #1. Had a blast w/this one. Tonight will be KCM's Cardio Pump #2 which is the total body strength training one. Love this one too.

Janie Sis: Glad that you figured out what was bothering your GERD. I too am supposed to stay away from so many foods but its hard. I just drink plenty of water to flush everything out. Hope all goes well at your doctor's appointment. I'm sure you enjoyed your art day w/your friend.

Michelle: toby's really coming along nicely w/his training. Great job Toby! :) Your workouts are always great. You never slack off. glad that work too has eased up on you. Its eased up on me too. Thank goodness. Its cold here in NY & cold in the office. They actually have the air conditioning on!!!!

Cindy: Lucas is 3 years old already! Not a baby anymore. Michelle is right you should wear a fitbit to find out just how many steps you clock in a day. Must be 5,000! Great workouts too as always.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

I do have a Fitbit and was able to get it free through a health program at work, I can actually earn a new one every year with the program so that's nice :) I have a desk job so my typical on weekdays is about 9-10,000 steps with exercise, if I'm going to a lot of meetings around campus I will easily go over the 10,000 step range before my exercise. On the weekend with the kids I log an average of 11-13,000 steps and that's usually without exercise. I rarely sit on the weekends!

Lucas is very adamant that he is not a baby anymore, it all goes too quickly! He's being doing amazingly well the past few days with staying dry so we all have our fingers crossed he's decided to cooperate when it's time to go potty, stubborn kids don't make it an easy journey :)

I've been getting PiYo and Cathe workouts in plus a Pilates class on Saturday and it was just me so she had me do the hard stuff, I started feeling DOMS Saturday evening. I did not feel up to working out last night but did it anyways and was so glad that I did, then I did some healthy food prep for the week. Tonight I'll do PiYo though I'm not sure which one yet, depends on what body parts are hurting from Afterburn last night :)

Michelle - Toby is doing so well, what a good pup! It helps that he has a great mom :)

Janie - It's no fun having to avoid foods others can but our bodies make sure we listen! I hope the doctor's appointments all go well.

Kathy - Sounds like a great exhibit and Sunday. You always hit the workouts hard, great job!

Cindy

Most of my doctor appointments have been done. My blood tests consisted of 9 vials. Mammography and ultrasound of my breast was benign. I have what you call an oil cyst. No biggie. Life is still good. On the 13th of Nov. my last doctor appt. for this year will be a hearing test. Monday I start STS program again. I can't wait. I think I'll start with week 2.

I see you all are doing pretty good, will catch up with you, I'm not going anywhere for awhile.

Janie

The end of a busy and productive week at work. Toby and I had a terrible class on Wednesday night this week. We were both off. We've been working on the basics since Wednesday and I'm being much more diligent about not slacking off with incorporating training into our regular routine, particularly on our walks. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better. Yesterday was Great Glutes standing leg work and today was Step Blast premix 1,2,3. Worked at home and got in lots of walks and playtime with Toby. I've been logging my calorie intake on the fitbit; trying to lose 5 pounds by mid-December (which is 1/2 pound a week). Just trying to clean up my eating and get back to a more "comfortable" weight.

Cindy: not surprised that you get in nearly 10,000 steps a day on a week day. It's amazing how fast those steps add up. How do you like PiYo? I watched a little bit of a PiYo info-mercial the other night. It looks intriguing. Sounds like Lucas is determined to get out of diapers. That is a good thing.

Kathy: you are so good about taking advantage of living on Long Island and going into the city to enjoy its cultural aspects. I'm terrible about going into DC. It has so many great musuems and theaters but on the weekends I just want to be home with my husband and pup. Good job staying on track with your workouts.

Janie: happy to hear that you are healthy and ready to get back to STS next week. 9 vials of blood is ALOT!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday night and a great weekend.
Michelle

Nice weekend. Toby and I exhausted ourselves yesterday with walking, running sprints, playing fetch, and going to training. We both took a nap in the afternoon. I did a little house-cleaning but was pretty much not too motivated after my nap, so the pup and I just took it easy and watched college football with my DH. No exercise yesterday. Today, we had a little rain this morning. Toby and I took several walks and played fetch with his tug/toss. Went to a party hosted by one of my colleagues late this afternoon. Took Toby with me so he could play with the host's new lab puppy. They had a really good time and now my sweet pup is pooped out. Got exercise in today: did Supersets 1B and 2B premix. Moving on to some XTRAIN workouts for the last week of the month. Little quiet here. Hope everyone has enjoyed their weekend.
Michelle

Last week was the 3rd & final week of 3 total body workouts + cardio. Now on Saturday was back w/EBE2 Weighted Legs. This one never gets easy. Sunday was RWH Plyo HIIT #2 + Rapid Fire 4 Sweat abs. Tonight will be Muscle Max Upper Body premix. I've gone & tweaked the EBE2 rotation to just do the Weighted Legs 1x a week.

Didn't do much of anything this weekend due to DH being sick. He came down with a sinus infection & it totally wiped him out on Friday & Saturday. :( At least by Sunday he was much better.

Michelle: You & Toby are sure getting in quite a bit of exercise. That sounded like it was fun for Toby playing w/your colleague's pup. Not to mention getting in even more exercise w/Supersets. I always liked this one. We had a little rain here too but the sun managed to peak out in the afternoon. Warm too.

Cindy: I know you clock in quite a bit of steps all week long + the exercising too. What costumes will your kids be wearing on Saturday for Halloween? Can't believe its that time again. I'm trying to sneak into my weekly rotation one of the PiYo workouts.

Janie Sis: Wow that's quite a bit of blood. Good for you for wanting to start STS this week. Did you do already the 1st workout? how's your craft room?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Supercuts premix timesaver 1st half plus core 1 this morning. Still at work; not able to make training with Toby tonight. We will be back in class on Wednesday night. Will have to get in some practice training with Toby tonight to make up for missing a class. I did buy Toby a Halloween costume yesterday; he is going to be a pumpkin. He needed a costume for the Pup N'Iron Halloween party this Friday night. The costume fits right now; I just hope he doesn't have a puppy growth spurt before Friday. I might hit the Party City store to see if I can find something for me to wear. We'll see if I can find the time and how motivated I get. I'm just happy I was able to find something cute for him that is pretty easy to get on a wiggling 6 mos old golden retriever.

Kathy: hmmm, Muscle Max upper body premix. What a great suggestion. Might have to work that one in this week. Sometimes it is nice to have a weekend without much going on. Glad your DH is feeling better.

Waves to Cindy and Janie.

Michelle

Hello Renee, Janie Joey, Laura, and I still don't know the names. I did Rock Out knock out, and the legs from Muscle Max. I know I don't post enough, so that is probably why I don't know all the names. Renee knows the woman I used to call Jabba the Hut, and I don't call her that now. I just found out she has maybe six months to live; however, she did not follow any of her doctor's advice which was to stop smoking and lose weight. However, how can somebody lose weight if she never, ever moves her body? She also chain smokes. I will still kind of miss her, but she disregarded all of her doctor's advice.

I also found out that the town Catstill is not in the mountains, but it is still in a beautiful area.

Did STS TB workout. Been really busy these past 4 days. It should all be back to normal in a couple more days.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last night had a good workout w/MM UB premix. I forgot how hard this one is. Glad its over. Tonight planning on doing Amy Bento Ross's Kickbox Surge. I have no idea what I'm in store for. Wish me luck!

Janie Sis: That was such a great workout you did. Hope things slow down for you soon.

Michelle: What a cute costume for Toby! Hope he enjoys his Puppy Halloween party. Let me know what costume you bought for yourself. Good job on doing Supercuts. One of my old favorites.

Enjoy the day everyone.
Kathy

Yoga Relax timesaver 2 yesterday (boy, my body needed that) and Supercuts timesaver first half with Core 2 this morning. Toby and I also lucked out and were able to do our two morning walks with no rain. Hope our luck continues that way later today. We do need the rain, so I don't mind walking in it, but it is nice that we hit a "dry spell" in the showers this morning. We have training class tonight and hopefully we will do better this week than we were last Wednesday. I'm trying to be more consistent with my direction and expectations of Toby; his performance or lack thereof is simply a reflection of how well I am doing.

KathyH: good luck with the KickBox Surge workout. How did it go? Those hardcore series workouts are a challenge. Still planning on doing the MM UB premix over the weekend.

Janie: geez, nothing like jumping right back into STS. Total body is a tough workout. Busy is always good.
Waves to Cindy!

Michelle

I didn't do too well w/Amy's Kickbox Surge the other night. The warmup went well & I did remember all her directional changes in combo #1. However, she goes way too fast on the blast for me. I got frustrated because my form was suffering. It was a right kick into a toe pushup, then bringing your left leg back in right into another right kick. I was losing my balance & my form was terrible. Stopped that workout & did instead Susan Chung's Rapid Fire Results the Blast Mix One premix. I had a blast too (pun intended). Last night was EBE2 Glutes. This one sure is a toughie to get through. Especially those kneeling squat move while holding onto 10# dbs on your shoulders. By the time I got to the 4th set I was crying. My legs were toast! Tonight will be PiYo Core workout.

Michelle: Nice job on Yoga Relax. I never seem to do yoga during my weekly rotation even though I know I should. Good job on Supercuts & Core. Glad you were able to walk Toby. We had torrential rain. Came down in buckets at 5:00 p.m. It let up a little bit & then started back up around 11. How did Toby do on his training class last night?

Waves to Janie & Cindy!
Kathy

Things are not slowing down yet, but tomorrow should be the day to relax. The last couple of days, I haven't done exercise. Makes me feel so guilty. I plan on one tomorrow for sure. Hoping to get more consistent after today. Today is getting ready for a guitar jam session with my friends. Cleaning house making banana and white non-gluten bread. I'm out of them...

Kathy Sis, I don't blame you when the instructors want you to go too fast. Form is everything and if done too hastily can cause injury. Can you slow the DVD down a notch or two? Some players have that option. Great job for though for doing such a difficult workout. Glad you changed it to another workout. Great job on Rapid Fire Results the Blast Mix 1 prem. And for doing EBE2 Glutes.

Michelle, Great job on Yoga Relax timesaver 2. I hear ya on our bodies needing yoga. If feels sooooo goood. And for Supercuts timesaver 1st half with Core 2. Yea for the walk with Toby and no rain. Enjoy the training class tonight. You are doing fantastic with Toby. He has such a thoughtful loving mommy.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.