Getting Our Licks In!

Rolly and I walked fast on the beach for 45. min. Had my first jamming session last night. It Was A Blast! Can't wait for the next one in March.

Michelle
, Welcome back from Camp Lejeune. Also for doing IMAX 3 interval only premix. Continue to be warm and safe with Winter's grasp. I can't wait for you to have a new fur baby. Enjoy Westminster and reading.

Cindy, Always so nice to hear from you. We all get busy with our lives. It's OK. I hear ya about balancing food intake. Not easy to do. Great job on chest, triceps and shoulders on Sunday, circuit upper Monday, Low Impact 1 Tuesday, and back, biceps & shoulders last night. You are good. Enjoy tonight's workout and O, I also need to clean my house too.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
I did Plyo Hiit 1 + bonus abs 1 last night, felt good to get it in. The house still needs lots of cleaning so tonight I'm aiming for Circuit Upper Body and getting the house clean, that can be hard to fit it all in on Friday nights. Tomorrow morning I have Pilates and Sunday I'll do Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. We have a couple single friends coming over for dinner and drinks on Saturday, they didn't want to be alone on Valentine's Day and we don't celebrate it so this will be fun for all of us.

Janie - Wouldn't it be nice if houses would stay clean for a month or so ? :)

Michelle - My fingers are crossed you get some great news on a pup, I'm so excited for you!

Cindy

LIS upper body split, chest, shoulders, and triceps premix today. No coughing during the workout--Yeah! Going to up my cardio a little tomorrow and see how things go. I didn't even check to see if Cathe posted a February rotation this month. I'm going with what feels doable as the last vestiges of my cold fade away.

Cindy: I'm with you and Janie, I'd like my house to stay clean for a month. Ha! Even with only two adults that's not happening. Nice plans for Valentine's day. It's a day we celebrate since it's my DH's birthday. I won't be eating much during the day tomorrow so I can have plenty of tummy room for dinner at our favorite restaurant in Fredericksburg.

Janie: are you bordering on becoming a rock star in your neighborhood? Sounds like maybe you are. It is nice that you and Rolly could hit the beach for a walk. Not always possible this time of year, is it?

Hope everyone has a relaxing Friday evening. Hi to Kathy.
Michelle

LIS CardioSupersets today. Made it through the workout without hitting the pause button or coughing. I can still tell that I'm not 100 percent but getting better everyday. Today is my sweet DH's birthday. We'll be heading down to Fredericksburg in about an hour for dinner at Old Town Steak and Seafood--our favorite restaurant. We've been going there for over 30 years. Still owned and run by the same husband and wife team. Looking forward to what is always a wonderful dining experience. Otherwise, it has been a quiet day. Hope everyone has had a happy Valentine's Day.
Michelle

Scheduled a rest day today. Worked with polymer clay. But just don't have it quite right yet. Not bad, but you know me...

Cindy,Great job on Plyo Hiit 1 and bonus abs 1. I need to clean house as well. It's never ending. Yep, wished a house would stay clean and only have to clean it every other month! LOL!

Michelle, Great job on LIS Upper Body Split, chest, shoulders and triceps premix today. Yea! No coughing is really good news. No rock star, but gathering together with people having same interests. So Nice!

Michelle, Great job on LIS Cardio Supersets. You are doing so well and very glad you are feeling well. Yea! Tell your honey for me Happy Birthday. Enjoy dinner at Fredericksburg. Ummmmm, steak and seafood is always soooooo good. Wow, love how we stay on a certain enjoyable journey for 30 years. So cool.

Take care my friends,

Janie

I didn't get a workout in on Friday, too darned tired, but Saturday morning was Pilates class then I came home and did Hiit Circuit Upper Body, my muscles were talking to me by the time we had friends over for dinner that night. Yesterday I was tired (not enough sleep) so I took it easy after cleaning my car and tilling a little in the garden to plant some seeds. It was my snow dance so winter can come back to our area. I was in bed by 9 and it felt great. Tonight is Hiit Circuit Upper Body again :)

Janie - I imagine the polymer clay could be finicky, I'm sure your designs are lovely and I can't wait to see pictures.

Michelle - I hope the cough is gone for good! Happy late birthday to your husband and I hope the meal was as superb as always!

Cindy

Missed a few days, so let me catch up with my workout checkins: Sunday was LIS Upper Body Split Back, Biceps, and Core; Monday was SJP Step and Weights Circuits premix; and today was IMAX. Today was also shovel max. We had our first measurable snow so I was up and out at 8:30 this morning shoveling the driveway and sidewalk. Back to work tomorrow. Our road hasn't been plowed yet; that will probably happen sometime overnight but I can get in and out with one of our SUVs.

Cindy: wow, HIIT Circuit Upper Body twice in a row--how are you feeling? That's got to make your upper body talk to you. Hope you are less tired. The end of the week can catch up with you and here we are looking at Wednesday already.

Kathy: hope you are hanging in there with all that snow and cold. Hope to hear from you soon.

Janie: I imagined if I worked with clay, I would have it up to my elbows and make a huge mess. I bet you are doing just fine. You have that crafty gene in you. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your work.

Michelle

Did my own circuit training. Moving, packing, shopping...all day long.

Cindy, Great job on Pilates class and coming home and doing HiiT Circuit Upper Body. Congrats on the DOM's. Wow! Can't believe cleaning your car and tilling a little in the garden is anything but easy. Wow, what a trooper!

Michelle, Great job on LIS Upper Body Split Back, Biceps and Core; SJP Step and Weights Circuits premix and today's IMAX and shovel max. You poor thing! Be safe.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I was supposed to do Plyo Hiit 2 last night and I fell asleep when lying with Lucas to get him ready for bed and that did me in, I was beat! I wrapped up lunch prep duty and went to bed for a glorious 8 hours of sleep :) I'll do Plyo Hiit 2 tonight and then do a shortened version of LIHI Back, Biceps, Shoulders so I'm mostly on track still.

Michelle - I'm so jealous of your snow, we need a weather shift! Great job getting all those workouts in :)

Janie - Some days just getting our to-do's done is workout enough and then the added bonus of being productive plays in :)

Cindy

Hi Ladies!

I've been very sick with an upper respiratory infection. Took off from work not this past Friday but the Friday before & Monday. Didn't workout at all I felt too rotten.

I rec'd my 21DF Xtreme workouts + the Ultimate ones. Started with Autumn's rotation on Saturday which was the Plyo HIIT Xtreme. Only made it to 15 min. before I felt like puking from all the coughing. Followed the modifier & felt much better. Sunday was Upper Body Fix Xtreme. I liked this one. Monday was Pilates Xtreme which uses the resistance band. Tuesday no workout as I had to work late. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to do Lower Body Xtreme.

I'm still feeling 100% but trying to workout.

Michelle: Your back to your 100% after your cold I see. Doing your hard workouts. Yea! The Beagle won the Westminster show. He was so cute.

Cindy: You've been hitting it hard too.

Janie Sis: I sure wish I could walk the beach!!!

The weather up north has been nothing but horrendous!!!! Today's 19 degrees. At least today its warmer than yesterday. I OFFICIALLY HATE WINTER!!!! DH & DS are also sick & not getting better any time soon due to this blasted weather.

Where's Spring?

take care,
Kathy

Had lunch with a friend who was taking care of her sisters 11 horses, two dogs and a cat. I helped feed and water them. O My! So much fun!

Kathy Sis, I wish you could walk the beach with me. O no! I'm so sorry you are sick. Sounds miserable. My hugs and prayers your way. Modifying is good when you are sick. Or better still, lounging around until you are better. Great job on 15 min. of Plyo HiiT Xtreme. Sunday's Upper Body Fix Xtreme, Monday's Pilates Xtreme using resistance band. And a day off on Tues. Please continue to be safe and warm from the hard weather.

Cindy, Awwwwwww, so glad you had some much needed 8 hrs. of sleep.

Take care everyone,

Janie

So, I'm taking the leisurely approach to the last two weeks of Cathe's Feb rotation. Yesterday I did ab hits 3 and 12 and today I got busy and didn't get to workout so it will be circuit blast tomorrow (I think that is right). Very cold here--like breathtaking cold. It's supposed to get up in the 30s next week--that will feel like a heat wave. But I know that spring is just around the corner.

Kathy: I was worried that you might be sick and sure enough you and your whole house are under the weather. I hope you are starting to feel better. It just stinks when you don't feel good. So, I was eyeing Autumn's new 21DF Extreme. I really do like the 21DF workouts. I had a feeling that you might order them so please provide your thoughts on the workouts as you try them out.

Janie: I saw your post for Bits and Pieces on FB. How is this venture going. Looks like you are having so much fun. That's what retirement should be: doing what you want to do and having fun.

Cindy: Kathy and I will be happy to send the cold and the snow to Montana. Seriously, it hasn't been that bad here in VA, except for the cold this week. The folks up in the Northeast have really taken a beating this winter. Sometimes you just have to go to sleep. What could be better than cuddling up with your little one and falling asleep. Doesn't sound like you've really slowed down--you are staying on track with your double HIIT workouts. Crazy good stuff.

Michelle

Total Body Sculpting today.

Michelle, Leisurely approach is good. Great job on yesterday's ab hits 3 and 12 and today's busy day. We all have those. Be safe in the cold weather. I'm having a blast making things and trying to sell them. Really, it doesn't matter if I sell or not, it's still fun. LOL! You are right. Doing what I want is a blessed retirement. LOL

Take care everyone,

Janie

Circuit blast today. Historically, this has not been one of my favorites but today I was liking this workout. Snowing here in Northern Virginia. Have a little over an inch added to our snow from earlier in the week. Temperature is slowly going up and the snow is supposed to switch to ice, freezing rain, and then just rain later in the day into tomorrow. High near 50 tomorrow. I'm thinking I might not have to shovel this snow; the rain may take care of it.

Janie: I like total body sculpting. Do you kick up the weights? Does your Joey still workout? Wasn't TBS one of his favorites?

Michelle

Did TBS cause it's working and using slightly heavier weight. I need to get some Hiits in my weekly workouts. Preparing for a bike ride.

Michelle, Great job on Circuit blast. Bet you guys want liquid sunshine right about now. Hoorray for rain, hoping it melts the snow for ya. Joe dosen't workout out any more, I keep trying to encourage, but he says it hurts his body. He has big problem with his rotter cuff and his legs hurt all the time from cyatic nerves. We walk on the beach together, but he goes back early on. We also ride our bikes together and he can handle that quite well. He's getting old and in many ways shows it. I hate what is happening to him. I can't imagine life without him. I understand this happens to all of us, but...

I'm gradually getting better however its taking so long. Still have the cough. Still doing the 21DF Xtreme workouts as well as the diets that came w/the program. Some of the moves I'm finding I need to take breaks due to my arthritis in my right hand. But hanging in there. The Lower Body Fix Xtreme is just like doing Cathe's RWH Leg workout. Autumn too uses the contrast training w/the cardio drills.

Saturday was 21DF Power Strength (which is one of the workouts in the Ultimate kit I purchased). I liked this one quite a bit more than the Plyo one. Sunday was 21DF Upper Body Fix Xtreme & tonight is 21DF Pilates Xtreme which uses a red resistance band. This is much harder using the band. Have to get used to it.

Cindy: Wow you've really been pushing it hard w/your workouts. Great job. I'll be more than happy to send you our cold weather & snow & ice. Any time. The temps tonight will be -10. Its only 3 degrees today. Brrr!

Janie Sis: Can I please walk the beach w/you & Rolly? I sure do need it. Glad you had fun jammin w/the band. My DH loves it. You are having such a wonderful, fun retirement between making jewelry, your artwork & your guitar playing. I sure hope my retirement is as enjoyable as yours.

Michelle: I feel for you on your cough but your doing so well w/your hard workouts too. I usually don't take breaks even though I'm coughing so much. I guess I don't want to lose my momentum. LOL I do like all of the 21DF Xtreme workouts but would like them even better if I was 100% well. Did you enjoy the Westminster show? Pretty soon now you'll have your pup. :)

Take care,
Kathy

Rhythmic step yesterday and 21 day fit cardio fit today. It's been a while since I did a 60 minute step workout--even my DH noticed that it was a longer workout. Changing things up a little this week with 21-day fit. Forgot it is kind of like HIIT only with Autumn it is 60/20 versus 40/20. Quite the workout.

Kathy: Hang in there with your recovery from being sick. It took almost a full month before my cough subsided. It is such a nagging pain. But after a while you just have to say to yourself "deal with it and push through." Sounds like that is where you are. Your new workouts sound like they are challenging. I enjoyed the Westminster show but now I'm back to the countdown to puppy. Problem is I don't exactly know the end date. I'll email my breeder this weekend to see if the breeding attempts are complete. If all the breedng attempts are complete, then I wait until pregnancy is confirmed which would be 21-28 days after the breeding attempt. So all I know is that each day I'm one day closer to knowing.

Janie: TBS is fun and with heavier weights you will definitely feel it. Take an extra spin around the block on your bike for me.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

I watched people drop like flies at work with illness and it hit me too this weekend. I took Friday night to get the house clean, did 3 loads of laundry, Dave's books, and gave the kids baths - I was ready for bed by 10:30. I woke at 1:30 to a sore throat but still got up for Pilates that morning. By afternoon I was laid out on the couch and Sunday went to Urgent Care to find out I have strep, for the second time this year. Not happy. I took yesterday off from work and am back today since I'm feeling quite a bit better - not 100% yet. No exercise until maybe Thursday, fingers crossed. We did finally get some snow this weekend and it was slick (the Kardashian sisters discovered that as they slid off the road and made headlines). Cold temps too below 0, it feels good and will hopefully stop our poor trees from budding out. I'm scared for them!

Michelle - Sounds like a fun change, always good for the body to keep guessing :)

Kathy - Glad things are getting better health wise, I swear it's taking people ages to get over that darned cough.

Janie - Great job getting your licks in :)

Cindy

Joey and I rode our bikes in the cranberry bogs. About an hour. So much fun! Cold though, LOL! I didn't bring my gloves, so Joe gave me one of his and we traded off like that while we were biking. LOL, it worked!

Cindy, Being sick and doing all you did, is amazing. I don't know how you did it. Great job on Pilates even with a soar throat. OMG! Strep Throat for the 2nd time? You poor thing! Glad you are feeling better, but still... Weather is something else this year. Our flowers too start to bud out and then killed because of cold mornings.

Michelle, Great job on Rhythmic step yesterday and 21 day fit cardio fit today. You are doing so well.

Kathy Sis, I'm so sorry getting better is taking so long. Hugs to you my dear sissy. Can't believe you are still working out when you don't feel so well. Good for you sticking to your plan. Breaks are good, you know that though. Also for Sat. 21DF Power Strength . Sounds like fun. For Sun. 21DF Upper Body Fix Xtreme. I wish we could go through cyber space internet and visit with our friends. I would love it, if you could walk the beach with Rolly and me! I am in 7th heaven with my life. Can it stay this way forever? LOL! I am not taking it for granted at all. I love it and enjoy every moment.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Yoga Relax this morning. My body sure did need it.

Cindy: oh boy--strep throat for the second time. What a bummer. Glad ya'll got some snow but it sounds like you are not getting a chance to enjoy it with your children. You were a warrior to power through Pilates when you were sick.

Janie: I'm loving the jewelry that you are posting on facebook. What materials are you using. I really love the color combinations. I'm curious about how you ride your bike through a cranberry bog. I don't really know much about cranberry bogs but wouldn't it be too deep to drive a bike through?

Waves to Kathy! Snow melting? It is melting here slowly but surely.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.