Getting Our Licks In!

Today is a rest day. Yes! And the Super Bowl! Oh, the store's name is: "Low Tide Bits & Pieces". I was invited to jam with others and play guitar. Will be on the 12th, I'm so excited! This may be well over my head, but we'll see.

Kathy, Great job on LIHI back and biceps no shoulders premix 2. Congrats in going up in weight!

Michelle, Nice you could catch up on your well needed sleep. Great job on BF, just enough of a workout. Dinner sounds good, we are going for snacks tonight. LOL! I'll ask the owner (LaVern) if she has an online sight. I'll let you know.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Low key day here at the Reed household. Did Party Rocking Step timesaver 1 today--working on getting my endurance back after this cold. Still coughing a little but sleeping really well, so I feel like I am officially on the upside of this cold. DH and I watched two movies last night. The first was Non-Stop with Liam Niessan--not a movie to watch if you are getting ready to to anywhere on an airplane. Second movie was Saving Mr. Banks with Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson. Really nice, enjoyable movie. Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies of all times so it was really interesting to watch.

Janie: we will be watching the Super bowl tonight as well. I'm going to google the store to see if there is anything about it online and if they have a web-site. Looking forward to hearing how the music jam goes on the 12th. Geez, it's February 1st--Westminister Kennel Club Dog Show is this month. I think it starts the Feb. 14th weekend.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday.
Michelle

Today's exercise was Pyramid Upper Body, premix, pyramid down. Good weight workout--enough to make me feel like I'm slowing getting back into the groove but not too much to wipe me out. Still not 100 percent over my cold and my body is still letting me know it. I did go back to work today.

Hope everyone had a great Monday.
Michelle

Saturday I started with RWH LIHI Chest/Shoulders/Triceps no finishers premix. I used my 52.5#bb instead of the dbs. Having a problem with arthritis that plagues my right hand in the winter. Thought I was doing good until the temps went into the teens. Sunday was KCM's Shape Up All Cardio premix. This is a tabata workout using the step. Monday was STS M3Wk1 Legs using my 70#bb for squats & plies then used my 50#bb for the deadlifts. Stopped at that point due to my hand. Tonight I feel like doing Cathe's PRS #1. Haven't done this one in quite a while I hope I remember the choreography.

Michelle: That cough is brutal isn't it? I remember I had mine for 2 months. Please take care of that cough. How's your DH doing? I remember he had cataract surgery & you had to give him drops. Is he all better now? And that spaghetti sauce sounds DELISH! Too bad you can't push it through the monitor. Sorry though to hear you have a ton of work. Despite your cough your getting in some good workouts. Our weather is ferocious here too. Temps went down to 13 degrees today & expecting a snow shower tomorrow morning. Sunday night into Monday morning another blizzard is expected. Not fun & I wish I lived around the corner from you. Say hello to Renee for me.

Waves to Janie Sis & Cindy!
Kathy

I didn't get my double workout in on Friday, instead the house was cleaned so not a total loss! Saturday was Pilates and it was great to get back to class, had been a month since I had been able to go. Sunday I did LIHI Chest, triceps, and shoulders and then over did it with salt and food at the Super Bowl party we went too, ugh! Yesterday was a perfect day, yeah! Food was on track (no snacking and no sugar) and I did a double workout RWH Low Impact 2 + RWH Plyo Hiit 1. I was spent and it was not pretty as I was struggling to keep going but I gave it my all :) Tonight is LIHI Back, Biceps, & Shoulders and I'm working on another great food day.

Kathy - You have been hitting those workouts hard! Bummer on the arthritis, when it got really cold this winter I could feel my bones for the first time and it wasn't pleasant!

Michelle - I hope you can kick that cold soon, things have been lingering here also with coughs and sinuses. Great job keeping up the exercise I believe it helps with the healing :)

Janie - Sounds like your talents are keeping you busy, I'm sure you'll do great jamming with everyone!

Cindy

I was really hungry last night so I had more calories than I allotted for but kept it healthy, I think my workout from Monday had the body wanting food! I did LIHI Back, Biceps, Shoulders last night and have LIHI Legs going for tonight, dread factor :)

I hope everyone is having a great week :)

Cindy

Tonight no workout as I have to go see my dermatologist. I can't seem to kick this rosascea. Its the worst its ever been.

Janie Sis: Have fun jammin w/the other people with your guitar. Sorry the Seahawks lost the SB. :( This jam session won't be over your head. My DH always says that's you learn. Congrats on selling your jewelry at the store.

Cindy: Glad to hear you made it back to your Pilates class. I have no idea how you managed to do RWH LI 2 PLUS RWH Plyo 1!!! You go girl! I don't have your energy. I'm finding that w/all the RWH workouts your body needs more fuel. I'm quite sure you knocked off whatever you ate at the SB party.

Michelle: Hope your kicking that cough of yours to the curb. Feel better & try not to work so hard.

Take care,
Kathy

OMG! I can't believe it's been this long since I posted. Don't know where the time went to. Making more jewelery but that is no excuse. I'm so sorry. I need a spanking!

Read all your posts and it looks like everyone is doing fine.

Kathy Sis, I might have some soap I made a long time ago that might help with your rosascea. Will be in Shelton in about a week or so (that's where the soap is) and if you like I can send you a bar to see if it helps. Would you like that. Not promising anything, but maybe. Let me know.

Take care everyone,

Janie

I did LIHI Legs last night and was in a foul mood before I started, didn't quite have the push because of it but I got the job done. Tonight is my last double up, Low Impact 1 and Plyo Hiit 2, woofta! I'm looking forward to a weekend of getting caught up on chores and to-do's around the house, yeah for no plans!
Janie - No worries being in a creative bubble, it's good to do :)
Kathy - How was the dermatologist appointment? I lost all that superbowl weight the next day, thank God!
Cindy

Do premixes from 4 Day Split. Yesterday, I did Higher Intensity Step, cardio only premix. Today I did the Back and Biceps premix. Slowly getting my workout groove back. Been busy at work but managing to keep my head above water.

Cindy: double HIIT workouts! You go girl! I love the LIHI legs workout; how did that one go for you?

Kathy: hope the visit with the dermatologist went well. You are lifting some major weight amounts. Good for you.

Janie: don't worry about being absent every once in a while. It happens to all of us. Hope you have been keeping up with your workouts, though.

Michelle

Did the Wedding Video today. Rain and wind today and more to come. Busy playing the guitar and making jewelry. I just learned a unique technique with polymer clay. OMG! In about a week or so I'll be back at Shelton for a little while, getting more clay and then working with it. I can't wait to show you what I've learned! I also bought molds both for polymer clay and my glass kiln. Fun Time!

Michelle, Great job on doing premixes from 4 Day Split. For yesterday Higher Intensity Step cardio only premix. And for today Back and Biceps premix. I'd say yes, you are getting your groove back. Yea! Yes, it is hard to keep up with my rotation, but haven't missed any. YaHoo! I'm hanging in there.

Cindy, Great job on LIHI Legs. I too have foul moods, usually because I didn't sleep well the night before. Hang in there. Have a really nice weekend.

Take care,

Janie

Today's exercise was 4DS, Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps premix. Didn't do much coughing today. I think maybe I've just about kicked the cough. We'll see how I am tomorrow on a cardio day.

Janie--love the Wedding Video. Might be a possible cardio idea for tomorrow. Hmmm. Now you are into clay--what are you making? Beads? Something else? Can't wait to see what you are learning to do.

Hi to Cindy and Kathy. Hope everyone is getting their licks in.
Michelle

Rest day today. O yeaaaaaaaaaaa. LOL!

Michelle, Great job on 4DS, chest shoulders and triceps prem. So glad you are coughing less and feeling better. I know, my ADD kicks in and I have many interests. LOL! I can't wait to show you what I've learned! I might be hiep-ing (miss spelled) it up too much. It could be that only I like it. We'll see.

Take care,

Janie

Today's cardio: Cardio Fusion all-step premix. Made it through the workout without a coughing spell. Had an occasional cough and I'm still working on getting my endurance back to Ripped with HIIT levels but I'm getting there. Today our weather in Virginia was FANTASTIC: 70 degress, warm southerly breeze, and sunshine. The groundhog might have indicated that we have to wait until official spring for spring, but today didn't feel that way. I put some Hollytone down in my garden just because I could. Plus our ground is so acidic that it won't hurt with rain coming tonight and tomorrow. Yup rain--no snow. Kathy might not be so fortunate though.

Janie: I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your newest crafty endeavor. I'm putting my energy into learning about dogs and getting into canine performance activities once we get our new golden. I'll live vicariously through you for artistic inspiration.

Hi to Kathy and Cindy. Hope you all have had a great weekend. Work week here we come!
Michelle

Quick checkin this morning: did Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs. Felt really good. Will be leaving shortly to drive down to North Carolina to Camp Lejeune to spend a couple of days working with the Marines. Hope everyone is staying warm, dry, and getting their licks in!
Michelle

Today was a cardio, so went walking at Westport with Joe and a dear friend Jina. Had pizza and walked off the calories. Well, some of the calories.

Michelle, Great job on Cathe's Lean Legs and Abs. Take care while visiting Camp Lejeune. And for doing Cardio Fusion all-step. Yea, for no coughing. You are on your way mending. 70 degrees, you are so lucky. Enjoy! Awww, love it when you make me feel so special. You inspire me as well kiddo. xoxo

Take care,

Janie

Sorry I've been MIA. Exercise has been on track and this week is a bit easier with no double ups :) I am reevaluating my calorie intake, I think I need to up it a bit but then I'm trying to find that delicate balance. I did chest, triceps, & shoulders on Sunday, circuit upper Monday, Low Impact 1 Tuesday, and back, biceps & shoulders last night. Tonight is plyo1 + abs1 and then I'll get a start on cleaning the house. This week has been busy and just flow by!

Janie - Glad you made it back before the rain, a drizzle isn't bad but pouring isn't fun :)

Michelle - Great job hitting those workouts hard! It feels like spring here also, ski hills are just worthless right now. I decided to try to tempt the snow to come back I'm going to till up the garden and plant some cool weather crops, if nothing else maybe I'll get some veggies!

Cindy

Got back from Camp Lejeune last night. We worked two very long days. It was nice to be home and sleep in my own bed last night. Did IMAX3 interval only premix this morning. Going to be very cold here over the next few days, but we are on the downslope of winter. It won't be too long before spring is here. Lord knows I'm ready for it. In the meantime, I'm staying very busy at work and counting the days until I hear from my breeder about whether any of her bitches are expecting puppies. This is breeding month. In the meantime, I'll be content with watching Westminster next week and continuing my reading.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.