Getting Our Licks In!

Tonight was Basic Step and Upper Body workout add on.

Cindy, Great job on LIHI Legs yesterday and LIHI back, biceps, shoulders today. Praying for you little one, he'll be just fine. Hope the virus runs it's course fast. Our weather too has been in the high 30's and 40's. Nice when the sun peeks out.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Tues. for KCM's kickboxing 2. Oh no "The dreaded Stomach bug"! Hope it passes quickly for you. Get some rest and truly drink lots of liquids. LOL, says doctor Jane.

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did KCM's Split Sessions LB workout. I love this workout. Did I already say that? LOL Love the way Kelly uses the band first before you hit the weights. I had DOMS afterwards. Tonight is KCM's Circuit Burn cardio & boxing premix. Should be good. Next week I'll be incorporating both of my favorite instructors Cathe & Kelly. Have to figure out on paper what I'll be doing.

Cindy: Feeling back to normal today thank goodness. You did great workouts. So sorry that Lucas is down with a virus. :( Poor baby. Sounds like Dave will have a blast on his ski trip. Can't believe the weather your having. Our temps just keep going up & down. This is why everybody's sick.

Waves to Janie Sis & Michelle!
Kathy

Today was stretching. Felt sooooooo good.

Kathy Sis, Great job on last nights KCM's Split Sessions LB. And congrats on the DOM's.

Take care,

Janie

Last night was KCM's Circuit Burn cardio & boxing premix. You do 2 rounds of different cardio & boxing exercises. The 1st round was just fine but the 2nd round was painful. I believe I must have arthritis in my left knee. Some of the cardio you jump & I noticed with the 2nd round I just couldn't jump anymore. Sign of aging. Janie Sis can relate. Its frigid in my basement which also contributes to my wonky knee. It only likes warm weather.

Today's my rest day. Have to figure out next week's rotation using Cathe & Kelly. I'll work on it tonight.

Janie Sis: Good for you for stretching. That's something I don't do enough of. I used to do Cathe's Extended Stretch every day & was very flexible. I should do this every night. Do you have any of the Classical Stretch dvds? I read such wonderful reviews on them.

We're expecting tonight rain, sleet & snow. Ugh! Hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow. Also expecting a snow storm on Monday.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Tonight was Upper and Lower body workout add on.

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Circuit Burn cardio and boxing premix. Awww, I bet you did a better job than you think. But, glad you are listening to your body too. Sign of aging, yes, I can relate. Hope your knee feels better. Put ice and warmth on it. Should feel better soon. I heard that it helps somewhere. LOL! Enjoy your rest day you certainly deserve it. Hope you come up with an really cool rotation using Cathe and Kelly. Sounds like stretching might be in your future. Sure works for these old ligaments. Do be careful if you have to go outside and stay safe during the next few days or so. Stay warm too.

Take care,

Janie

Hi everyone. I'm back from New Orleans. Actually, we came back on Friday. It was a good work trip and we enjoyed lots of good eating but I also managed to pick up a head cold. Joy. Friday and yesterday were my most miserable days. I just sat on the couch yesterday and watched college basketball and movies. Last night I got a solid 8 hours of sleep plus another two after getting up to take some medicine. So, I'm feeling a little perkier today. I have not worked out since Tuesday; might try basic step later today just to get the blood flowing again.

Kathy: OMG--that fall down the stairs sounds awful. Thank goodness you were not injured. I bet you were quite shaken up. The weather channel just noted that the NWS has posted a blizzard watch for NYC. Please stay safe tomorrow. We are expecting just a little bit of snow where I live.

Cindy: Congratulations on finishing Lily's room. I feel for your little guy not being able to kick the fever. It's just no fun when you are not feeling well. Good job continuing to get your licks in with all that is going on.

Janie: I think a week of lower intensity workouts is in order for me: Basic Step, Body Fusion, and the original Low Impact Step--plus the weight workout add-ons. If you are still keeping with the lower key workouts, you and me can hang out in the virtual gym together for a while.

Michelle

Total Body Stretching today.

Michelle, Glad you are back from New Orleans and so sorry you picked up a head cold. Not nice. Nice to see you taking it easy so your body can heal. OMG! I would love to hang out with you in the virtual gym together. If you don't mind, I made a weeks worth of Lower key workouts. We can start tomorrow.

Mon. I'm doing one of the older step ups (many to choose from) or even choose The Wedding Video or Basic Step Your choice.
Tues. High Step Circuit It's a total body workout
Weds. Low Impact Step plus The abdominal add on from the Basic Step DVD and one segment from Total Body Stretching DVD
Thurs. Low Impact; Total Body Sculpting
Fri. Basic Step and Total Body Stretching
Sat. Body Fusion, it's on Basic Step DVD. If there isn't enough of an ab work then do one of the ab add on.
Sun. Off

If you want to tweak it let me know and I'll tweak mine to do the same workout as you are doing.

Can't wait! See you in the virtual gym.

Janie

Saturday I did RWH LIHI chest/shoulders/triceps the 2 set finishers premix. I only do 10 reps in order to really heavy up & this gives me more rest in between the sets. Sunday was KCM's Cardio Blast Athletic Step + Core #1. Both knees giving me problems again. I believe its due to the cold temps in my basement. Tonight if the power doesn't go out I'll do STS M3Wk1 Legs using my squat rack. I'll be squatting this time w/70# bb.

Michelle: Welcome back. Sorry to hear your down with a cold. Feel better soon. Glad you enjoyed your trip though to New Orleans. I'm all healed from that terrible spill I took the other week. Really grateful for that feather down coat I had on.

Janie Sis: You have fun w/Michelle at your virtual gym. :)

My DH (Andy) is out right now trying to buy a portable generator. We believe w/this impending storm hitting us very hard we're for sure going to lose power. I hope he's successful otherwise we're going to freeze!! Long Island is expecting to get 2 feet. Office is closing at 1 today & closed tomorrow.

Hang in there everyone. If I don't lose power I'll email you all from home.

Kathy

Did Step Jam today. I forgot how fun these oldies are.
Here is a jewelry set I've made from polymer clay:

Kathy Sis, Great job on RWH LIHI chest, shoulders and triceps and the 2 set finishers premix. I like your version of this. And for Sun. KCM's Cardio Blast Athletic Step + Core 1. I'm sorry about your knee. Can you warm up the basement a little? I'm frightened for you and your family about the storms coming your way. Hope he does fined a portable generator. My prayers and vibes are with you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Last edited:
I have a healthy family again and am back at work, woo! Had a great weekend with the kids and friends and got in Low Impact Hiit2 + abs on Friday but took Saturday and Sunday off. I planned to workout Sunday but opted to cuddle with Dave instead. I'm a little annoyed my hip flexor on my left side is sore, I didn't do anything to hurt it so I'm not sure what's going on. Tonight I plan to do Chest, Triceps, Shoulders then paint a bookshelf white :) Still have too warm of weather, when I took the kids to ski yesterday it was melting on the mountain and warmer up there than at our house. It's a bit depressing!

Janie - You have such a talent with what your hands can create! Great plan for exercise this week :)

Kathy - I hope you can get a generator, we are fortunate that when we get a lot of snow the power stays on. I hope it's not as bad as you are expecting.

Michelle - Bummer on the cold but it sounds like you took care of yourself properly to kick that thing!

Cindy

The snow accumulated to 18". Luckily DH did find a generator & we were all set to go in case of a power outage. Thank goodness we didn't have to use it. NYC looked like a ghost town b/c the Mayor instructed everybody to stay off the streets to allow the plows to clean up the streets. Everything shut down subways (now that's creepy), buses & railways. Even the highways were banned. Everything will be back to normal tomorrow. A little more snow on Friday & then another storm for Sunday night into Monday. Later today I'll do my leg workout that I posted yesterday.

Cindy: It seems your always painting. Send me your warm weather. Glad to hear the family is healthy again. Cuddling w/Dave is always a good thing. :)

Janie Sis: You create such beautiful things. Love the colors. Good workout too w/Step Jam. I haven't looked at that one in years. An oldie but a goodie.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

I finally did work out yesterday. Did Basic Step. Felt good to get the blood moving a little bit. Slept better last night. Only got a half inch of snow--my kind of snow storm. Worked at home again today; will go back tomorrow. If I'm diligent taking my over-the-counter medicine and drinking water, I don't cough too much. When my throat gets dry, I start hacking. Today I did the warm-up from basic step and upper body sculpt using heavier weights.

Kathy--18 inches of snow--wowzers! That is about 17 more inches of snow than I like to see on my front yard at one time. So glad your electricity did not go out. I tend to do 10 reps on the LIHI upper body workouts too. Same logic: so I can concentrate on lifting a bit heavier.

Janie: I'll go with your workout for tomorrow: Low Impact Step and stability ball abs. Probably won't get the stretch in. Your jewelry pieces are beautiful. If you get a chance, check out Three Scoops of Vanilla on-line and on Facebook. Erin lives in Colorado and makes jewelry. The Three Scoops of Vanilla are her three yellow labs. Her sister makes many of the beads that she uses. She dedicates part of her sales to canine charities and does weekly auctions dedicated to a specific charity. It's interesting so see how someone combines their passions into a business.

Cindy: Congratulations on having a healthy household. Bummer on the sore hip flexor. Maybe you did something to it while you were painting. Funny how it is warmer in Montana right now but that's the way the jet stream flows. You just sent that warm weather east; we'll take it!

Hope everyone has a good night's sleep and a great Wednesday.
Michelle

I've been exhausted this week and it's been hard to motivate! Monday I plopped on the couch and did nothing after the kids were in bed, I should have at least gone to bed myself! This week I'm supposed to do longer/double workouts but I just don't have the energy so Tuesday was only Plyo 1 and last night I did LIHI Back, Biceps, Shoulders but not the bonus abs. I think I'll focus on proper sleep this weekend and then try this week next week :) Tonight is LIHI Legs. Still warm here and our snow is very much gone :(

Michelle - Glad the meds are helping and great job with the workouts.

Kathy - That's a lot of snow, I'm jealous! Glad the power held :) I still have our stairwell and main living area in the basement to wash drywall off, and then paint so I have quite a bit ahead of me still...

Cindy

I didn't bother working out on Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday worked out to RWH LIHI Legs premix #6 which includes ab exercises after the cardio intervals. Halfway through the workout I was feeling a little nauseous due to dropping to the floor for the ab work & then quickly back up to pick up the heavy dbs. I much prefer doing my abs at the end of all the leg work. Otherwise it was a good workout. Tonight will be RWH LIHI Back & Biceps no shoulders premix #2.

Michelle: I much prefer your 1" of snow. Our snowblower broke that Monday morning but luckily some young men came by & shovelled my property. Expecting snow tonight starting at 9 but only 1 1/2" this time. The big one is coming in Sunday night into Monday morning. How are you feeling with your cold? Better today? Hope the cough dissipates for you.

Take care,
Kathy

Read all your posts. Have been accepted to sell my stuff at the "Beach Stuff". Been getting ready by putting price tags on them and making more. LOL tomorrow I will have more time to catch my breath.

Take care all,

Janie

I did LIHI Legs last night, those static lunges kill me and are a big dread factor but I was able to do better with them last night so there's improvements happening. Tonight I'll do LIHI Plyo 2 + Low Impact 1 and work on cleaning the house afterwards. I have Pilates tomorrow morning then the kids have a birthday party, ski lessons Sunday, we meet with our financial adviser on Sunday, and then we're off to a Super Bowl party so it will be a busy weekend. Fingers crossed I can get a few things off my to-do list too!

Janie - That's great you get to sell your stuff, how exciting!

Kathy - I haven't tried that premix, not sure I would like the up and down either!

Cindy

So excited to sell some of my creations. The name I got wrong and still don't have it all, but part of the name is Seaside Bits and Pieces. Been religiously doing my workouts and adding long walks on the beach and biking. YaHoo! Going clam digging in a couple of hours. So much fun!

Cindy, Great job on LIHI Legs. Static lunges kill me as well. Whew! But they are so good for us. Congrats for the improvements made from them. Oh, I do need to clean my house too. Not having much time lately on that. But today I put most of my stuff in the store and now I can leisurely work on more. Have fun with the kids birthday party, ski lessons on Sun. (how fun!) and Super Bowl Party, YAHOO!

Take care,

Janie

Last night was LIHI Back & Biceps no shoulders premix #2. Yowza! Went up in weight w/the one-arm rows (27 1/2#) & for biceps when Cathe was using a 25# bb I went up to 30# bb. Why oh why did I do that? LOL Hard workout but always feel accomplished afterwards. Rest day for me tonight.

I'll most likely do tomorrow LIHI Chest/Shoulders/Triceps + Core #1 at the end. Sunday I'll do KCM's Shape Up #1.

Janie Sis: Congrats on selling your stuff at the "Beach Stuff." Let us know how it turned out.

Cindy: Those static lunges get me every time too. Your not alone. How in the world did you do Plyo 2 + LI 1. Its enough for me just doing one of those. You go girl. Enjoy the Pilates class. No wine this time w/the Pilates? Enjoy your busy weekend.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Kathy

It has been a very busy week. I've worked at home all week, trying to shake the cough that accompanied my cold. Regardless, I still put in full work days+, probably one reason why I'm not getting rid of this cold.

Janie: I think that I am one day behind on the rotation this week. I didn't get to workout yesterday because I was so busy working. Today I did the total body sculpt workout. It has been a really long time since I have done that one. It's a good workout--just kicked up the weight amounts and I was good to go. Does this new business venture have an online option? Just wondering. If it does, please share the link.

Cindy: double workouts; wow! Right now I'm happy to get a 30-40 minute light workout in. I do love LIHI Legs--but ya'll know I'm a big fan of Cathe's leg workouts.

Kathy: how are ya'll doing up north? The wind down here in Virginia is ferocious but no snow. Reading everyone's workouts is making me want to kick it up a notch. I miss feeling good--whine/whine/whine.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm.
Michelle

Got a really good night's sleep last night. Slept for about 10 hours, no coughing. I actually have felt pretty good today. Did Body Fusion and felt good up to about 40 minutes; last 5 minutes I started coughing, but then settled down during the stretch. So, I'm looking at workouts that last 30-40 minutes this coming week--thinking maybe a lowmax premix tomorrow. After alot of HIIT, I'm feeling like I want to do some more step for a week or so, plus the weight work, of course. I even felt good enough to run some errands this afternoon. I hit the grocery store and the Hallmark store for Valentine's Day cards while DH made a pot of sauce, with sausage crumbles and meatballs, for spaghetti tonight. It's cold here but we don't have snow and I believe we are only expecting rain in Virginia out of this next storm. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.