Getting Our Licks In!

Michelle, Great job on Yoga Relax this morning. All bodies need Yoga. Good girl! I use paper for a lot of my jewelery, for other pieces I use polymer clay and still others I use fused glass. HAAA! You got me! I don't ride through a cranberry bog, but around them. LOL! How funny! Giggle!

Take care,

Janie

21-day fix Dirty Thirty this morning. Love Autumn and these workouts are a nice change of pace.

Janie: I thought some of your jewelry looked like you might have used paper but I wasn't sure about other pieces. They really are lovely. As for the cranberry bog--now you know I read your posts very carefully. Riding around the bog sounds much more doable.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

I was bad today and didn't do anything. I got busy organizing my beads and art stuff and the time flew by. Then it was time for UFO group. Tomorrow is cardio and if I also do a full body workout it should be OK.

Michelle, Great job on 21-day fix Dirty Thirty this morning. Isn't it wonderful when you like the workout and the instructor? Makes all the difference in the world. It does sound like a nice change of pace. I can always tell you read my posts, because you are so detailed with your posts.

You take care,

Janie

I sure wish I could say here in NY we were done w/SNOW but oh no more snow showers today. At least its a bit warmer at 22 degrees.

Yesterday was 21DF Lower Body Xtreme & last night was Cardio Fix Xtreme. I was better w/all the cardio drills (these drills also use weights) except for almost at the end the football drills & jumps got me. The coughing was something else. Just kept plowing through (pun intended). Glad it was over with though. Tonight's my favorite one Dirty 30 Xtreme. I don't really like the 10 Min. Hardcore which is all abs. I'll insert tonight after Dirty 30 the ABC Xtreme which was in the Ultimate package. Hopefully it will be better.

Cindy: Oh no another bout of strep!!! You poor thing. Glad your almost better & I cannot believe you went to your Pilates class feeling sick. Feel better soon.

Janie Sis: I too like Michelle want to know how in the world you ride a bike through cranberry bogs. Do they have paths to follow? I thought the bogs were more like a huge lake. Obviously I know nothing about these bogs. LOL I still haven't had a chance to check out your jewelry on FB. I'll try to check it out Fri. night. I so wish we lived closer so both of us could walk the beach. I love the beach.

Michelle: I wish I could say that the snow is melting up here but alas more snow showers today. Glad you enjoyed Yoga Relax. I'm sure your body felt good afterwards.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

I've come to the acceptance that Monday will be the day I can get back to exercising, I just have too much to do between now and then. Tonight I'll clean the house and do laundry, tomorrow night will be more laundry and packing, Saturday morning Brodie is doing a Tae Kwon Do Tournament on his forms (took some convincing because he's nervous) then we'll hit the road for Lily's Cheer Competition in Missoula. Sunday will be a day full of cheer and then we'll drive back probably getting home around 7. No time to exercise! At this point I'm really focusing in on my diet and keeping those calories in check :)

Kathy - You are a trooper to push through with the coughing! I hope tonight goes smoother on that aspect.

Janie - The cranberry bogs would be fun to see and no better way than to also enjoy some fresh air :)

Michelle - Those workouts look hardcore, great work!

Cindy

Last night was Dirty 30 Xtreme. Didn't cough at all thank goodness. This is all compound moves w/light & heavy weights. Quite a bit of interesting balance moves too. Had to follow the modifier b/c balance was all off. Last week I was much better. Go figure. And that bonus move is so hard to do. Your in plank position & with your right arm hold a 3 or 5# db. Raise it out to the side while lifting your left leg. HARD! I had no balance last night & could barely do this.

Cindy: You must be back to feeling 100% b/c of all the things you have on your to do list. Good luck to both Brodie & Lily. You sure are busy.

Janie Sis: Tonight I'll check out your FB page in order to view all of your jewelry. I'm sure you had a good laugh over what me & Michelle wrote re the bogs. Have fun w/your workouts today.

Michelle: I must have inspired you to pull out the 21DF Fix workouts. Good job! I must say I much prefer the original workouts to the Xtreme. I feel its not enough on the abs & too much on the shoulders. I still like them though.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Yesterday was a break day. We had snow in the morning but it wasn't that bad. The main roads were clear and since everyone stayed home, there was no traffic driving into work or coming home. Loved it! Also loved that the snow we got in the morning was all melted by the time I left the office. Looks like we have a bit of a warming trend this next week so hopefully what is left of the snow will melt and the ground will start to dry out. Time to start thinking about prepping the lawn for this year. Did LIHI Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps today. I'm working on 25 pound dbs for my chest presses. I really do like the LIHI workouts. Feeling like I'm ready to kick up the workouts in March.

Kathy: You did inspire to pull out the 21DF workouts. Looks like you guys will stay on the wrong side of the jet stream for a little bit longer; hope you get warmer days and melting snow soon. That plank move you described sounds hard.

Cindy: you've got your plan and the right mindset to stick with it--enjoy the weekend. You sure will be busy.

Janie: Keep those pictures of your creations coming on FB. You are really producing some nice pieces. Are you selling any of these at that store you spoke about?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Stay safe.
Michelle

Well, we are expecting a "wintry mix" here tomorrow so today was my day to run errands and get some stuff done around the house. Did To The Max today. Wowzers--what a workout. I was going to do a premix but then I thought: what the heck, let's do the whole thing. I am feeling it now. Mostly feel like my energy just left my body. It is almost sunset so I guess its time to start relaxing. Hope everyone is having a great day.
Michelle

OMG! Days get away from me. Been walking long walks on the beach. Haven't done a weight workout for a few days. I'm bad. Been so darn busy, not enough time during the day to do everything. Shoot!

Michelle, Great job on To The Max, yep it's a great workout. LOL! Good for you.

Michelle, Great job on a rest day. And for LIHI chest, shoulders and triceps. Using 25 pounds dbs for chest presses is great! I'm selling all the ones I put up on FB, except the ones I keep for myself. Not many, really.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Dirty 30 Xtreme. Yea! No coughing. Some weeks are better than others, normal. Sounds like it's an intense workout. I loved the teasing about the cranberry bogs. You both are so funny, you make me laugh!

Cindy, I here ya on starting Monday for getting back to workouts. I think I'm with you on that one. Good you are keeping the calories down.

Kathy Sis, Great job on 21DF Lower Body Xtreme and yesterday for Cardio Fix Xtreme. The bogs are huge fields full of water with plants in them that are green plants. Then the cranberries at this time of year are a burgundy color which gets deeper in color until Fall. Then it's a deep red. Beautiful! I wished we lived closer together too. Many times it's just Rolly and me and it would be nice to walk with a friend.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Saturday I just wasn't up to Plyo HIIT Xtreme. No way. Instead I pulled out RWH LI #1 + Core #1. I surprised myself by beating Cathe & crew on most of the drills. I went faster than them. I must be getting better. Sunday was Upper Body Xtreme. Went up in weights a little bit but this is all endurance as there's no rest at all. No way can you go w/heavy weights. Tonight's 21DF Pilates the original one as I do not like using a resistance band. It hurts my lower back afterwards & not a good pain either.

My meals have been a little different this week from the Competition Diet. wow that diet is not easy to do. I was feeling too fatigued & I need my fruit.

We got a significant amount of snow out by me yesterday. Andy had to use the snow blower & Craig had to shovel front porch & clean off the cars. They had some workout. :) All of us are so sick of snow can't wait for spring.

Michelle: Its supposed to be in the 30-40 range this week, however, more snow Tuesday night just in time for the commute home + more on Thursday. I think it will be just be a snow shower. Good for you for taking a rest day + To the Max the next day. That ones not easy to do. Great job.

Janie Sis: DH hogs the laptop at home & I was not able to get onto FB to view your jewelry. I'm sure its beautiful & hope you sell quite a bit. I'll have to just visualize the 2 of us walking the beach w/Rolly. (sigh)

Waves to Cindy!
Take care,
Kathy

We had a busy but great weekend. Friday night I didn't get around to cleaning, laundry and bed was it for me! Saturday Brodie did awesome at the tournament and got first place in yellow belt forms, I was very proud of him and talked him into doing the state tournament in May. After that we hit the road and the kids swam at the hotel and we met friends for dinner. Lily's team got 1st place in their division and we were a little surprised but very happy, there were struggles with some of the stunts. I could have used today off just to catch up on things but it's back to the grind. I'm going to get back on track with LIHI Legs tonight.

Janie - We all run out of time, at least you're getting some great walks in and Monday's are always good days to start anew :)

Michelle - It's so nice to not have to deal with traffic, it's amazing how much time we save when no one is around to get in the way!

Kathy - That's awesome you were able to make it through without coughing! That move sounds impossible, I'd be struggling with balance too!

Cindy

Did 30/30 today. Especially after seeing Cathe's email. Got to keep doing it at least twice a week. My new goal is 3 times a week, but will settle for 2 in a crunch. I'll sit down sometime today to make up a rotation.

Cindy, Yea for Brodie, that IS awesome! I can't wait for him to do the State Tournament in May. Will be cheering him on. Very proud of Lily's team.

Kathy Sis, Great job on RWH LI #1 and core #1. Good for you beating Cathe and crew on most of the drills. WOW GIRL! Way to go! And for Sunday Upper Body Xtreme and going up in weight. Do be safe with all that snow still going on. Soon it will have to be over. I will visualize are walks too with Rolly.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Did a lighter workout yesterday--High Step Circuits--and did RWH LIHI Back, Biceps, and Shoulders this morning. Tomorrow is supposed to be my yoga day but I might do a RWH cardio. Depends how my body feels in the morning. No news on the puppy front yet but my breeder had a very good weekend at the Maryland Sporting Association Conformation show. She finished her male dog Angus' championship and her bitch Twinkle got her first major. So she took Best of Winners for dogs (Angus) and Best of Winners for bitches (Twinkle). She handled both of them and had to get another breeder/handler to take Twinkle in the ring for Best of Breed while she handled Angus. Wish I could have been there to see it. She is such a wonderful person.

Kathy: we've made out okay on the winter weather of late. We've been getting these storms but everything melts in a day. Hopefully, things will get better up north soon. I have meetings at Quantico tomorrow morning and then will come home and work from here since they are forecasting a "wintry mix." Ick. BTW, I'm officially declaring you healthy because you are killing your workouts.

Janie: I'm with you on the HIIT workouts. I'm going to definitely do at least one HIIT workout a week, maybe two; and if I'm feeling super energetic three. The jewelry pieces you are producing and posting on FB are amazing. Love, love, love them. Way to go on 30/30!

Cindy: welcome home. Must have been the weekend for winning. How wonderful for your children. Good job on getting back to HIITting your workout today. Did you get any snow from this latest storm or are you still snowless in Montana?

Sweet dreams to everyone!
Michelle

Last night I started doing 21DF Pilates from the original set & I could not believe that I had to stop the workout b/c I started feeling quesy & thought I was going to faint. I came down with a stomach virus now. I just can't seem to get a break. :( Needless to say didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night. I'm at work today but feeling weak & tired. If by some miracle I get up enough energy I'll do the 21DF Leg workout from the original set. I wouldn't be able to do the Xtreme one due to high impact drills that are contained in there.

Cindy: Your children are rockin it w/their sports. Wonderful! You had a great busy weekend & glad you enjoyed your dinner w/friends.

Janie Sis: Great job on 30/30. I know how much you enjoy that one. One thing I used to do was IMAX 1, 2 & 3 all in the same week. It was in one of Cathe's rotations. It was very doable as each IMAX grew in intensity. I used to always do a HIIT workout of some sort 1x a week + kickboxing + hi-lo.

Michelle: Your breeder has some champions doesn't she? I wish you could've been there too. You'll have your new pup very soon. You did good workouts but then again you always do. I certainly am not killing it w/my workouts now that I'm down for the count. :(

Take care ladies & rock your workouts for me!
Kathy

I've walked a million miles today. I'm going to bed. LOL!

You all are doing great and thank you for such lovely compliments on my jewelry.

Night all,

Janie

Last night decided to just rest. I feel much better today. That stomach virus I had is gone. Tonight I'll pick up where I left off in the rotation which is 21DF Lower Body Xtreme + the 10 Min. Abs from the original 21DF package.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Ripped With HIIT Low Impact workout number 1 this morning. I'm definitely seeing improvements with these HIIT workouts. Well, one more snow storm and then the 10 day forecast is for 50/60 degree days. So, another couple of days working at home while winter gets this snow out of its system. Spring ahead this weekend!

Kathy: sorry to hear you came down with a stomach virus. That's one of those things you feel you shouldn't get once you "grow up." Stinks when you do get it. At least it was short lived. My breeder has a number of dogs who have earned their champion and grand champion status. Angus is just the latest in the Golden Dome "pack" to earn his championship. He actually was bred by Terans Kennel in Spotsylvania, VA. My Rippy was from the Terans and Pawnee golden retriever lines. I contacted Terans after Ripken passed away, but she had bred her last litter and referred me to Golden Dome. I'm hoping someday to also get a puppy from my breeder sired by Angus. He really is a nice, nice dog. But--one pup at a time.

Janie: beach walking or cranberry bog walking?

Cindy: hope you are doing well. Got snow yet?

Michelle

I've adjusted my week workouts a bit, doing what's fun :) Monday I did Tabatacise 1-3 plus abs, Tuesday was RWH Low Impact Hiit 1, and Wednesday was RWH Circuit Upper Body. Tonight I'll do RWH Circuit Lower Body. Feels good to be able to exercise again and I'm happy I didn't lose my stamina with cardio, the weights are feeling a little harder this week though!

We got about 2 inches of snow on Tuesday and the wind has been cold but they say 40's are coming back in a few days. It's just really brown :(

Janie - Great work on the Hiit 30/30 and walking, I enjoy the Hiit/Tabata style workouts and love reading the benefits of them. Keeps me motivated :)

Kathy - So sorry you got sick again, you are having the worst luck! Great job giving your body the rest it needed (that can be hard to do).

Michelle - You will get the perfect pup and a beauty to show, hard to wait but worth it all the same! I've seen improvements too with the RWH workouts which keeps me going - some moves aren't so hard anymore :)

Cindy

XTRAIN chest, back, and shoulders today plus about 6 inches of snow. Fortunately our neighbor came over with his snowblower and cleared our driveway and sidewalks so I just have to push the snow of the hottub cover tomorrow and deal with the snow on our front steps. Sweet! Sunshine tomorrow and spring temps over the weekend. This snow will be a memory before we know it. I'm thinking new grass seed for the lawn.

Cindy: I think the northeast got ya'lls snow this year. Hoping you guys get some spring snow in Montana this month. Meanwhile--keep kicking butt on those workouts. I'm kindof following Cathe's March rotation so I think I have tabatacise in a few days.

Kathy: hope ya'll were spared more snow from this latest storm.

Janie: so sorry to read on FB that you lost one of your friends to cancer. She sounds like she was a wonderful person.

Sunshine and springtime--just around the corner! Happy dreams to everyone.
Michelle

Lots of running around today. Walked the beach and did Step Up Challenge. Whew! I think it was a little tooooooooo much. LOL!

Michelle, Great job on XTrain chest, back and shoulders. Yuck 6" snow. I bet you can't wait for the weather to change. Sounds like maybe this weekend it will change. Hoping you have a sunshine weekend.

Cindy, Great job on Mon. Tabatacise 1-3 and abs. Tues. for RWH Low Impact Hiit 1 and Wedn. RWH Circuit Upper Body. I love it when it feels good to exercise. Hope your weather improves with more sunny and warmer day.

Michelle, Great job on Ripped With Hiit Low Impact #1. So nice to see improvements. Yea! Glad to hear the weather will change for you. Just stay safe with this last storm.

Kathy, Sis, Great job on resting. It's important too especially with a stomach virus. Yuck! Glad you are now feeling better. Enjoy your workout tonight.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.