Getting Our Licks In!

Didn't exercise yesterday. Just wasn't motivated. Today I did XTRAIN legs--ya'll know how much I love Cathe's leg workouts. Snow is melting pretty fast. 50 degrees with bright sunshine. Melt snow melt. I'm saving my running around and doing errands for later on today or maybe tomorrow. Sister bought a FitBit Charge HR. I've been eyeing those since before Christmas but for some strange reason FitBit didn't put them on the market until January. I though that was strange. But I might buy one this weekend. Depends how motivated I get.

Janie: what is the "step up challenge"?

Hi to Kathy and Cindy.
Michelle

Such a wonderful day. A dear friend of mine came for a visit to make crafts. Decided to walk the beach and came upon our neighbor and she too decided she wanted to come along. Beautiful weather, wonderful company and a nice long walk with Rolly. On the way home another neighbor wanted to be included in the laughing and talking. What a great place to be. I love it here!

Michelle, Great job taking a rest from exercises yesterday and for dong toay Xtrain legs. So glad the snow is melting. When you purchase FitBit, please let us know how you like it. I meant High Step Challenge. It's a circuit workout. Love this one, because I can almost do it and keep up with Cathe! LOL! I think it's intermediate.

Did XTRAIN Tabatacise premix 1-5 plus core 1. Holy moly--what a workout. After XTRAIN legs yesterday, my legs are definitely feeling the DOMs afterglow. Thank goodness tomorrow is an upper body workout. 63 degrees here today. The snow around my house is just about history. Just a few little snow piles left. It is supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow too, so that should take care of the snow melt. Now the ground needs to dry out a little so I can start the spring lawn spruce up activities.

Janie: what a wonderful walk you had. Sounds like you have some wonderful friends. I loved walking with my sweet pup. Haven't walked as much since he went to the rainbow bridge; but more puppy walkabout days are coming. Just a matter of time.;)

Hi to Kathy and Cindy.
Michelle

XTRAIN bis and tris this morning. Busy at work but got alot done today. Snow is just about all gone. Just the shaded spots still have little spots of snow. Now it is supposed to warm up and rain. I don't think the ground will dry out much this week.

Hope everyone had a great Monday. Come back soon.
Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA! The weekend was good with warm weather, Pilates, and doing chores. My kids are on spring break this week (I am not :( ) so we get to enjoy the extra time in the evenings of just playing rather than running around to activities, it's a nice break. An overly warm week is ahead of us and Lily was excited to see some sprouts popping up in our little greenhouse. I love the extra light at night and felt like I had some extra energy last night and got a few things done :)

On Sunday I picked up Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis at Costco (anyone have this one?). I did the first workout last night and saw how people struggled with no cues, I'll get used to it through. Dave commented on how sexual it seems, it made me laugh until the leg lifts started! Tonight we're off to a concert so no exercise but Wednesday I'll get back on track.

Janie - That's great you have such a wonderful community/neighborhood. I love the close knit neighbors that you can just enjoy, makes life so much better.

Michelle - Glad your snow is gone, I think you did get our weather this year! Tabatacise 1-5 is tough, feels great to make it through though.

Cindy

Today was a break day and my body sure did appreciate it. Back to the March rotation tomorrow.

Cindy: I've never heard of Tracy Anderson. I'm guessing that maybe Kathy has. She has a much more diverse exercise library. Enjoy your time with your children this week. It seems early for spring break. Around here the kids have spring break either the week before or the week after Easter. Do your children get any time off around Easter or is this it until the school year is complete?

Kathy: where are you? Hope you are okay and not under the weather.

Hi to Janie.
Michelle

We were NOT spared the snow storm. Worked on Thursday only until 2 as the office closed to have all of us get home safely. Friday stayed home due to not having much water pressure + the water was slightly brown. Wasn't able to shower, go to the bathroom or brush my teeth. Turns out there was a water main break which affected 3 towns. Water pressure came back up by 9:30 am but the water was not clear until mid-day. Took a sick day. I had finished up my 21DF rotation on Friday with the bonus dvd Fix Challenge. This is a body weight workout. You do 13 exercises & you keep building onto each move. You learn a new move & then you go all the way to the beginning & run through all the moves. Wow was that a challenge.

I started Cathe's March rotation b/c it looked really good to me. However, I do tweak it a bit.

Saturday: Xtrain (chest/back/shoulders)
Sunday: I did Turbo Fire 45 Class (I can't stand doing Kick Max)
Monday: Can't remember
Tuesday: Xtrain Legs
Wednesday: Tabatacise 1-3. Cathe just had written Tabatacise but I'm NOT doing the whole thing. :)

Michelle: I see your doing the March rotation too. I see you had 6" of snow too. This week feels so great due to the warmth doesn't it? I believe this is the last of the snow for us. I hope. Great job on your workouts. Pretty soon you'll have your adorable little fur baby. I hope.

Cindy: Your rockin it w/your workouts despite being so busy. Hope your weather keeps improving.

Janie Sis: I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear friend. Not familiar w/Step Up Challenge. Which one is that? Great job on your exercising & your walks on the beach.

Take care,
Kathy

My exercise today was XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast. Love this leg workout. Nice mix of cardio and weights.

Kathy: bummer, I thought you might not have gotten the snow but obviously you did. Ours is gone--melted really quickly. Sorry to hear about the water main break--at least it was somewhat short-lived. It will be fun to do the March rotation with you. I'll be sticking with it until next Saturday. I'll be in Tampa, FL for a day on business and then off to New Orleans (more business). So I'll be modifying workouts starting next Saturday.

Hi to Cindy and Janie.
Michelle

Got my rotation mixed up. Friday I did the 21DF Yoga Extreme which is just too advanced for me. I'll need to do the original yoga workout from 21DF. Monday was the bonus workout from 21DF which is Fix Challenge. This is a bodyweight workout which definitely is challenging.

Last night I did a premix to Tabatacize 1-2 & Core #2. Wow its been quite a while since I did #2. That was some ab workout. My obliques are talking to me today. :) Tonight will be Xtrain Bis & Tris.

Michelle: I knew you would get a kick out of both of us doing Cathe's rotation. I love Cardio Leg Blast. Its such a great workout isn't it? Our snow too is almost gone. Yesterday was 60 degrees & everyone outside had smiles on their faces. It felt great. I'll take the rain since it will melt all the snow away. Have safe travels starting Saturday.

Janie Sis: What a great beach walk you had. Lots of laughs & fun & for doing crafts w/a friend. How great is that. I bet little Rolly was smiling too on the beach walk. :)

Cindy: I most certainly have heard of Tracy Anderson & to be quite honest I just can't stand her. I don't understand the "not cueing" on her dvds & only using 3# dbs, but I've heard nothing but good things about her on Video Fitness. I've heard that in order to see results you need to stick w/TA for 6 months at least. Some VF ladies claim you'll bulk at first & then poof you become leaner like overnight. My GF has done her Continuity? dvds for one year & she claims to have gotten good results. I have no idea how anyone can do her cardio w/out cueing. I much prefer Sylwia Weisberg (Tonique). I have several of her dvds & I've done a rotation using only her dvds. She's quite challenging. My hats off to you for doing TA. Good luck. I'm sure you'll attain good results. I'm sure your glad that the kids have spring break. Less running around to do. When exactly do they finish w/school & start their summer vacation? Here in NY the kids have to go right up to the end of June. But they start right after Labor Day. What concert did you go to? Hope you enjoyed it.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

The concert we went to was Tweedy (Jeff Tweedy from Wilco and his son made an album). We had a blast and really enjoyed the show. Last night I tried Tracy Anderson's Dance Cardio that comes with the Metamorphosis workout, it's not for me so I only did 15 min of it and will do Cathe workouts for my cardio with this program. I did the Metamorphosis 1 workout and it didn't feel any easier :) Tonight I'll do X10 Step and then Metamorphosis 1 again, she has you do the workouts 10 times before moving to the next level. Ideally I want to get up 3-4 days a week and do the Metamorphosis workout in the morning then do a Cathe workout in the evening, this week I've opted for sleep!

We live in a college town so the local schools base their spring break off the Universities break. I think at Easter they get a 3 day weekend. I've had so much time in the evenings I don't know what to do with myself!

Michelle - Great job on the legs workout. How is your weather?

Kathy - That's worrisome on the water, it can really put a strain on people. We keep some bottled water on hand but probably not enough in a real emergency. The Tabatacise core had my abs talking to me too, I was happy to feel them! I think TA is a bit annoying too, why on earth would you not let people know it's time to switch to the next move? I'm counting the moves so I can have an idea on when I need to switch and then keep my sides even. Have to take her with a grain of salt but I'm excited to see if the results will show through, worth it if they do!

Cindy

Oh No! Where did the time go!?! I can't believe I didn't post since Sunday! Really and truly, time is getting away from me. Busy making jewelry and soap and felting some of them as well. Sorry to say, my exercising has suffered as well. Monday is coming and, (well you know) will start again. Shoot!

Cindy, Sounds like a wonderful time at the concert. Hmmm I love dancing, I most likely would like that one. Will look it up. I think you can do 3-4 days a week. You are not new to the idea of working out. So I bet you can. Enjoy your sleep, it's really important.

Kathy Sis, Great job on 21DFYoga Extreme even though it was to advanced. For Mon. 21DF Fix Challenge. Sounds intense. And for last night Tabatacize 1-2 and Core2. Good going on your obliques DOM's.

Michelle, Great job on XTRAIN Cardio Leg Blast. It really is a great workout.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Quick post: exercise this morning was Hardstrikes. I think I put ROKO on workout manager. Have to change that. I've got to run a quick errand. Will try to get back later.
Michelle

Didn't make it back last night. Step Blast today. I love this workout but it has been a while since I have done it. Sweating so much my eyes fogged over during the first challenge/blast. Love when that happens. Got my hair done this afternoon: everyo 8 weeks like clock work I get a few hours of relaxation and pampering. I love it. Loving the spring weather we are getting. It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow but temps will near 70 degrees. I can still sit on the porch while its raining as long as the wind is blowing rain onto the porch. Just enjoying watching ACC tournament basketball with my sweetie this evening. Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday.
Michelle

Did a lot of polymer clay jewelry today. Will make them into jewelry as soon as I can. Walked the beach today with Rolly and tonight did some stretching.

Michelle, Great job on Step Blast; sweating and fogged over eyes is a good sign you are working hard. Good for you! Glad you got your hair done with relaxation and pampering. So glad you are having good weather. Enjoy ACC tournament with hubby. Great job on Hardstrikes.

Take care,

Janie

STS total body yesterday and Party Rocking Step 1 today. Finally took my old computer to Staples yesterday to recycle. It
has just been sitting to the side on my desk in my home office for almost two years. I took the files off the hard drive shortly after I got my all-in-one and I just haven't gotten motivated to recycle it. Well, last week I decided to unhook everything and put it in the middle of my office floor. One week of dancing around the tower and the screen in my office and I was motivated to load it up and take it to Staples. Easy peazy. Then I did a quick run through my closet and pulled out some items to donate to Goodwill. I still need to box them up and transport them--maybe later this week. I'm planning on taking Thursday as a flex day since I will be working all next weekend.

Janie: I saw the latest pieces that you posted on FB. Very nice. Can't wait to see the rings that you design. You sure do seem to enjoy yourself. Stretching is always good. I'm looking forward to my stretch day on Tuesday.

Hi to Cindy and Kathy.
Michelle

Big storm today. Wind was high and rain coming down like cats and dogs.

Michelle, Great job on STS total body yesterday. I like that one. And for Party
rocking Step 1 today. You and I are on the same page. I to went through stuff and taking them to the 2nd hand store. I think on Tuesday of this week. My house is so much better with out all the clutter. Hmmmm, I would like to make more rings...

Take care,

Janie

Friday we drove to Great Falls (2.5 hour drive) to watch my nephew play in the state basketball tournament and then we stayed to watch my hometown play. It was a late night getting home. Saturday I started seed in the house with the kids and did Metamorphosis 1. Sunday was cleaning, laundry, and catching up on chores. Brodie got sick Saturday night so he skipped his last ski lesson - it's strange putting everything away already but it was a muddy mess up there. We have company tonight so no exercise but tomorrow I'll get back on the workout train and hit it!

Janie - We had horrible wind this weekend, didn't make being outside pleasant even though the temps were 60-70!

Michelle - I'm so good at leaving things for years too, great job forcing yourself to take care of it! I have pictures sitting in the way to encourage Dave to get them up on the wall, they've been hidden for too long :)

Cindy

Saturday was terrible weather wind & rain. Just did chores but also did Xtrain's Cardio Leg Blast + Core #2. Sunday DH & I had to go used car shopping as my 15 yo Nissan Altima has just about had it. Didn't find anything but we went out to lunch at an Italian restaurant which made the day fun. Sunday's workout was Rapid Fire 4 Sweat (boxing & abs premix). Tonight will be Xtrain's AOLIC (floor & step premix #4).

Janie Sis: You sure are having fun making all that jewelry. Seems like most of us had wind & rain. Glad our storm is over with. Its beautiful today sunny & warm. Finally!

Michelle: I too like to de-clutter the house. I'm the only one that does it though. I have a bunch of clothes that I need to donate too. Its lying in my closet. Glad you finally got rid of the computer.

Cindy: Glad you enjoyed the basketball games. Sorry to hear that Brodie's sick. :( Are you liking Metamorphosis so far?

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Exercise this morning was Muscle Max. What a way to start a Monday morning. Let's just say I was glad when I was done.

Cindy: watching kids play sports is so much fun. Now that my nieces are grown up, I haven't done that in many years. Maybe when my cousin's little girls gets older I will have the opportunity to watch her in whatever activities she is drawn to. Right now she is only 10 months old and her favorite activity seems to be eating and be amused by whatever is going on around her. It's tough when youngsters get sick at the last minute. I hope Brodie's illness was short-lived.

Janie: more wind and rain doesn't bode well for washaway beach does it?

Kathy: we didnot get that much rain this past weekend-enough to keep things pretty damp and no real wind to speak of. 15 years with a vehicle is a long time. I'd say you are due for something new. How were your legs feeling after Cardio Leg Blast and AOLIH?

Hope everyone has a restful Monday night.
Michelle

Had a buys day today. Brought my ware over to The Green Door Gallery. Hope she succeeds in selling my stuff. Now I need to make more stuff for the Gallery in Westport and an up coming Festival. Will share a booth with another person in hopes of selling our ware yest again. LOL After all that, I was able to walk the beach with Rolly. He sure needed it.

Cindy, Sounds like a lot of fun on Friday at Great Falls and watching your nephew play in the state basketball tournament. YahOO! Great job on starting seeds and doing Metamorphosis 1 and Sunday for doing chores. Oh no, poor Bordie. Wish him well for me. Enjoy your company.

Kathy Sis, Great job on Xtrain's Cardio Leg Glast and Core 2. Sunday good going on the car hunting and Italian restaurant and most of all for doing Rapid Fire 4 Sweat, boxing and abs premix.

Michelle, Great job on MM. I love this one! Yes, Wash-a-way Beach is still washing away. My heart continues to morn for my neighbors over there.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.