Getting Our Licks In!

Last night was STS Total Body. Its been quite a while since I've done this one. I used dbs instead of the bb. Felt good to lift heavy again. However, I skipped the 2nd Leg Tri-Set which is in the middle of the workout due to both knees hurting me. I believe it was just too many lunges w/Cardio Leg Blast & AOLIC. I'm used to only working my legs 1x a week.

Tomorrow night will have to go see my accountant to finally get our taxes done. No workout tomorrow.

Janie Sis: Good luck at selling everything at the 2 Galleries. I'm sure you'll sell a bunch.

Michelle: As you can see my poor old knees didn't like doing CLB + AOLIC. Probably should have chosen a different cardio to do. Good job w/MM.

Cindy: I hope Brodie's on the mend from his illness.

Take care everyone,
Kathy

Walked the beach with Rolly today for about 2 hrs. So beautiful outside!

Kathy Sis, Great job on STS Total Body. I use dumb bells also. Yep, recover from lunges. Stay healthy and strong and ease into working out more.

Take care of your knees,

Janie

Eek, I haven't checked in since Monday! Let me catch up on my workouts: Tuesday, yoga relax; Wedesday, Pure Strength back, biceps, and abs. Today will be Rockout Knockout in about 20 minutes, assuming I don't have a conference call at 1230. I'm supposed to be on leave, but yes, I'm doing a little work. I have a problem, I know.

Janie: saw your post of FB about the Green Door Galley. I hope all of your stuff sells. I'm assuming it is jewelry or did you provide soap as well? How are your workouts going? Lots of beach walking which is good but you are not posting workouts. Are you feeling okay? Just want to be sure you are okay.

Waves to Cindy and Kathy. Winter is giving us one last hurrah of wet snow tomorrow but I'm headed to warmer climes late tomorrow morning: Tampa then New Orleans. By the time the plane takes off, it should just be rain in Virginia.
Michelle

Michelle, Great job on Tues. yoga relax; Wedn. PS back, biceps and abs and today Rockout Knockout. I'm OK, but you are right, haven't been consistent with my workouts. I DON'T KNOW WHY! I'm busy, but that's no excuse. Thank you for noticing, makes me want to do them. I need to get back in the groove. It's to easy not to do them. Ugh!

Take care my caring person,

Janie

This is partly/a sample of what I'm up to. Made the beads out of clay, now I need to make jewelry out of them. For the Galleries and later this Summer for the Festival. There are so many more that I need to finish. LOL
11044508_940243719319765_2132224847816175719_o.jpg

10986897_940723762605094_1839153906103189260_o.jpg

11028393_940723992605071_6804201753043235729_o.jpg

Made these ploymer clay beads into jewelry.
11080627_944336042243866_7201544577356783913_o.jpg

Also making batches of soap. 3 batches so far. For selling and felting. There are about 25- 50+ per batch. Depending on how big I want the bars.
10855122_935799916430812_3311656148476344382_o.jpg

Janie

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Pure Strength chest, shoulders, and triceps this morning. Then loaded up and headed for the airport--now I am in Tampa, FL--sunny, blue skies, 86 degrees. There is a pool chair calling my name here.

Kathy: I hope ya'll aren't getting any snow. It was raining in Northern VA this morning but the most NW parts of Virginia and Maryland were getting snow. Winter is holding on for some right up until the end, I suppose. STS total body is a great workout. No shame in taking it easy if your leg/knee joints were letting you know it was the right thing to do. We mailed our taxes on Tuesday. Thank goodness--done for another year.

Janie: well, you certainly are very busy. It's not like you are sitting on your butt and doing nothing but it is harder to get going with the workouts once you slack off. Just want to make sure that you are okay.

Waves to Cindy too!
Michelle

Good day here in Florida. Attended the Marine Corps Individual Ready Reserve Muster in Tampa. Just observing the process for a study that I am doing. Did the Slide and Glide Cardio Only Premix--quick and sweaty. Just what I needed to get the blood flowing. Will be headed for New Orleans in the morning. Had dinner at a really nice local Italian restaurant last night. Had a nice salad, salmon, and veggies, topped off with homemade cheesecake. Yum-yum. That was my dessert splurge for this trip. The dinner was so good I couldn't resist trying the dessert. Not sure where we will eat tonight.

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a little quiet here of late. Hope everyone is getting their licks in.
Michelle

In New Orleans now, very warm and humid here. I did Burn Sets back, shoulders, and biceps in the hotel fitness center. We are staying in the Marriott this time and it has a decent fitness center. Not as good as Le Meridien which used to be the W, but close. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Michelle

Sorry I've been MIA again. Thurs. & Fri. were just horrendous workwise. I wanted to continue Cathe's rotation, however, I have the Pure Strength series on VHS & unfortunately they do not work anymore. Woke up Saturday with a sinus infection AGAIN!!! Sore throat so I switched up my rotation. I did KCM's Muscle Up Lift 2 Be Fit (chest/back) + Bonus Abs; Sunday was KCM's stepboxing #2. Tonight will be KCM's MUL2BF (Legs/Glutes) + KCM's ab work in her Weights dvd. I needed to take it down a notch due to the infection. At least today I feel better but tired.

Janie Sis: What beautiful colored jewelry you made for the Galleries. I hope you sell as much as you can. Are you also selling your doodles? That too is beautiful. Your having too much fun lately to workout. I know once things simmer down you'll be back at it.

Michelle: I'll take your 86 degrees!!! We did have quite a bit of snow where poor DH had to once again take the snowblower out. Sunday it was very warm & all the snow disappeared. However, today its back to being cold 25 degrees!!!!! I'm thoroughly sick of winter. Where's spring? Did you get to the beach at least when you were in Florida? I hope so. How long are you staying in New Orleans?

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

Last night was KCM's MUL2BF (Legs/Glutes) + her ab section in Weights. I forgot how good her ab work is. I did her 2 new workouts Cardio Pump & Lean Body Circuits + her ab dvd of all the ab work she's ever done. Can't wait to get these in June. Tonight's KCM's Cardio Fix workout #2 which is the high impact one. Workout #1 is low impact. Feeling better today. Hopefully this sinus infection is short lived.

Michelle: Hope your enjoying that hot & humid weather. Lucky you.

Waves to Janie Sis & Cindy.
Kathy

Been making things for the Gallerias as usual. Hmmm it's fun, but I don't want a job. LOL! Did yoga yesterday and today was MM. Man, did I need both!

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's MUL2BF (legs/Glutes) and ab section in weights. I'm sure you will enjoy the new DVD's coming in June. Glad you are feeling better. Get well soon sis.

Michelle, Oh, would I love to be in NO with you! Great job on Burn Sets back, shoulders and biceps. Enjoy your stay and how cool is it that you have a gym there.

Take care everyone,

Janie

Hey everyone. Didn't get to workout yesterday, did Travel Fit today. It's been in the 70s so far in New Orleans during the day, in the 60s at night. Enjoying the warmer weather but spending most of the time here working. I'm looking forward to getting back home to my sweet DH on Thursday.

Kathy: So sorry that you have been under the weather. I wonder if the fluctuations in the weather are affecting your sinuses. Nothing wrong with taking it down a notch with your exercise while you are battling the sinus issues. I think you should get extra bonus-calorie burn points for hanging in there with your workouts while not feeling 100 percent.

Janie: I'm with Kathy; loving the jewelry that you are posting on FB. Great job with yoga and MM.

Waves to Cindy.
Michelle

Today was clam digging with my Joey and walking the beach with Rolly. About an hour. Also fit in some craft projects.

Michelle, Thank for the compliments on my jewelry. I hope they sell. It's a chance I'm willing to take. Great job on Travel Fit today. I really like that one and considering doing it tomorrow. Thank you for the inspiration. OOOOO nice weather where you are. Awe, I don't blame you for wanting to go home and be with hubby.

Take care,

Janie

Last night I did KCM's Cardio Quick Fix workout #2 which is low & high drills. I forgot how good this one is. Tonight's KCM's MUL2BF (Shoulders & Arms).

Michelle: How I wish I was in NO right now w/you. What I wouldn't give for 70's & 60's. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to hit in the 50's but it will be raining. Don't work too hard as I know you have a tendency to do that. Hope you get to enjoy your stay a little bit.

Janie Sis: Good job on yoga & MM & today for doing clam digging. Hope you sell quite a bit of jewelry at the Gallerias. :) You do such beautiful work. I happened to have noticed a woman on the LIRR this morning & the earrings she had on reminded me of yours. :) So pretty.

Waves to Cindy!
Kathy

Did yoga today. It was so rainy, windy and ugly out.

Kathy Sis, Great job on KCM's Cardio Quick Fix #2. Thank you for the compliment. Makes me feel good.

Take care,

Janie

Worked in the yard for hours. Pulling up weeds, taking 40-50 pounds sacks of top soil and putting it into containers. Will do more of it tomorrow. The weather was so warm and sunny today. Tomorrow and the rest of the week suppose to be warm and nice like today. Danced tonight with Joey's Dukes of Swing at the Elk's Club. Friends were there and had a great time.

Janie

Hi Janie!

Would you please send your warm & sunny weather to NY!!! PLEASE! Its raining here & expected to have snow showers tonight & tomorrow morning. Its not fair. :( So many people are coughing & sneezing at work & on the trains. Just awful. Glad you were able to get to your yard work & do some planting. Glad you enjoyed dancing too.

Even though I've been feeling tired I went ahead last night & did KCM's MUL2BF (Shoulders & Arms). I rec'd Kelly's new Abs & Core dvd. I'll do a section tomorrow after my weight lifting.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Kathy

Got back home from New Orleans yesterday. We had nice weather all week while in NOLA--ate great food but wasn't so great with my workouts. Oh well. But, back to the routine today: did X10 Low Impact this morning. A quick and sweaty workout. Not sure if I will do the rest of the X10 workouts over the next few days or maybe mix them up with some other workouts. Decisions, decisions!

Kathy: spring is coming New York's way--just hang in there. Sounds like you need to carry bacterial wipes with you on the train during your commute. I know when I used to take the train to work, I was sick all the time. Commuter trains are just incubators for germs. On the plus side, your workouts have got to be helping to keep those germs at bay.

Janie: it is supposed to be cool here this weekend but I am hoping to get out in the yard and start the spring lawn spruce up activities. We had rain over last night and into this morning, so hopefully my little patch of lawn will be dry enough to start working on tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time these days--are you still at the beach house or back at your main house?

Waves to Cindy--hope you are able to check in soon.
Michelle

BRRRR--chilly here today in Virginia. The skies were clear blue, the sun was shining, and a cold wind was blowing. Wouldn't have been too bad if the wind was not blowing. I contemplated doing some yard work but it was just too cold. Took a bunch of stuff to Goodwill instead. Little by little, I am cleaning out the basement--throwing stuff out, recycling cardboard boxes, and stuff that is usable going to Goodwill. My goal is to only have boating and Christmas stuff in storage--everything else that has been in the basement for 20 years needs to go. I've also been getting rid of stuff that has been in the freezer FOREVER. So it was a productive day. I also did GREAT GLUTEs this afternoon. Now it is time to relax. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Michelle

My daughter came to visit. We went to the Westport Brewery Co. to watch one of my jamming friends sing and play the guitar. We enjoyed our stay. Monique (my daughter) is inspiring me to work harder on my workouts. She looks amazing, lost some pounds and really shows she is serious in getting healthy. Eating non package products. Yea for her!

Kathy Sis, Sending warm beautiful weather your way. Hopefully everyone will be done with the sneezing around you. Ugh. Great job on KCM' Mul2BF shulders and Arms. Enjoy doing Kelly's abs and core DVD.

Janie: it is supposed to be cool here this weekend but I am hoping to get out in the yard and start the spring lawn spruce up activities. We had rain over last night and into this morning, so hopefully my little patch of lawn will be dry enough to start working on tomorrow afternoon. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time these days--are you still at the beach house or back at your main house?

Michelle, Bet it's good to be back home. Great job on X10 Low Impact. What ever you decide next to do, enjoy the workout. We decided to mainly live here at the beach house. We now only go to Shelton to pick up mail, water and dr. appts. Love it here!

Michelle, You'll get to do plenty of yard work when ready. I think we all are having Spring fever. LOL! Love how you are cleaning out the basement. I need to do that around the house. Great job on doing Grat Glutes. Do enjoy your relaxing time. You deserve it.

Take care,

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.