EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21

Terri1222

Cathlete
I am sooo grouchy that my workouts were so lousy, that I figured I'd post my checkin early and "get it over with"....

I ended up coming down with this awful cold that actually feels more like the flu! I am forcing myself not to exercise (actually I have to admit that the first two days I didn't even THINK of exercising due to lack of energy!)....

So as I sit here drinking my tea with echinacea in it, I'll post my week...

Monday: Nada
Tuesday: MIS Legs/CTX Shoulders/Abs
Wednesday: MIS Chest/Circuit Max
Thursday: SICK!! :-mad
Friday: SICK!! :-mad
Saturday: SICK!! :-mad

I'm kind of hoping to do a yoga workout tomorrow, but so far it's not looking promising....

boo hoo hoo...

Terri

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-01 AT 08:03AM (Est)[/font][p]Hey, stuff happens. When you're sick you SHOULD take it easy, right? We're so programmed to think we have to work out no matter what, that we get stupid sometimes and overdo it. You were smart to take it easy.

I'm SO HAPPY because I was in my first successful ebay auction and fought with ONE other bidder on a set of three Chuck Norris action figures, circa 1986. Oh, YEAH, BABY!!! :7 I got 'em. I am a cheap date and very easy to please, obviously. One I will take to work to perch on my desk and the other I will keep close to my computer, and the other.....give my some ideas. Where should I put Chuck #3? They cost me $12.39 plus shipping!

My week: Damage control from two pig outs Easter week.

Sat: Power Circuit, 20 minutes of hard mowing, and CTX back, biceps and abs.

Sunday: Nuttin', just ate all day

Monday: MAJOR damage control: IMAX!!!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!!

Tues: One of the advanced Taebo tapes from the QVC set, the one in the blue box. This is my favorite Taebo tape of all! What a good work out, and fun!

Wed. nuttin'

Thurs. Leg workout at the Y....tried to keep it low weight and high rep

Fri: Walk at the Y for 45 minutes and PS Chest/shoulder/triceps

Did ok with my weight all week. I believe in keeping tabs, but Hey, that works for me.

Went to an Amish restaurant (Harville Kitchen, Deb H) and pigged out because they sent us a lot of coupons for buying a new house. They thought we'd moved in from out of town, but we didn't tell them any different, and got a free dining room dinner, a free pie, a free bottle of salad dressing, a free pound of candy ($9.99 a pound chocolate), $10.00 worth of stuff from their gift shop, and a free carry-out dinner. I also brought home some Whoppie Pies.

Today I'm moving slow and will do Mindy's Extreme Intervals to get me back in gear.

Have a good week, y'all. It is supposed to warm up this week for us.

Oh, Terri, you NEED to rest when you're sick! I'm doing only 3 cardio per week to rest my knee--it's GOOD to rest!!! (I'm convincing myself...)
Honeybunch, you are a powerful woman. I did Imax this week, too, and I just know you blew me away :) (Yes, of course I did it low impact--imagine that...)

Here is the first week of my KNEE RECOVERY ROTATION:

MONDAY: CTX Back and Bis, PSLA hams, calves, and floor work, + Kathy Smith glutes and hams
IMAX--35 min, low impact, no step ( I chose this for its lower bpm--Iknow it seems a strange choice for recovery)

TUESDAY: PS CST wu, CTX Shoulders and tris
Living Arts abs video

WEDNESDAY: PSLA wu w/ modifications
BUNS OF STEEL floorwork ***DEBBIE!!!! Greg is very groovy, so are the legwarmers, but YOWSA, my legs were on FIRE!!! Thank you for the recomendation :)
Body Electric hams and glutes

THURSDAY: Cardio Kicks (modified a lot for the knee)

FRIDAY: rest

SATURDAY: MIS wu
CTX upper body split
LEGS--60 min combo of Buns of Steel, Kathy Smith, and my own stuff (yikes, this was intense)

SUNDAY: I will do about 40 - 60 minutes of low impact cardio

Recovering stinks! I miss my cardio, and my knee still hurts. I'm thinking its cartlidge( sp?)...
Have yourself a wonderful week everyone!
Wendy

Hey HB!

I think you should perch Chuck # 3 in your workout area so he can cheer you on as you do those lunges off the board with a SOCCER BALL under your feet! Then of course, he could shout, "HIGHER" on those tuck jumps!! Hee-Hee! When were you at the Hartville Kitchen? We took my daughter's in-laws from out of town there last Saturday! Yummmm! Homemade STRAWBERRY PIE too! :9

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

"If You Get The Chance To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!"

Hey Wendy!

I just logged on to tell you I did Buns of Steel floorwork today! I started 2nd. guessing it wasn't that hard after doing Cathe tapes for a year, but he sure knows how to make those butt-cheeks scream! :-wow!! It's probably been a year or so since I did the tape. I figured I'd give it a whirl to see how it felt. It is quite outdated, but isn't Greg a hoot? I like the part when he says, "People will see you coming, but BOY, will they see you GOING!!! Glad you liked the challenge. Hang in there with your knee. You're doing the right thing by cutting back. Sending Healthy Vibes your way.

A Quickie

Hi Everyone,

I have to leave for work so this will be quick.

MON: Power Max
TUES: Interval Max
WENS: Circuit Max
THURS: MIC, ran 3 miles
FRI: Cardio Kicks
SAT: Body Max

Hope your all doing well! Terri hope you feel better soon!

Laura

Hi guys!

Terri, I am amazed you could do MIS when you felt so lousy. Hope the echinacea helped and that you're on the mend.

HB congrats on Ebay success with Chuck :-jumpy The thrill of victory! I am currently bidding on some Smokey Robinson autographed memorabilia and am determined to win! I recently lost out on a Smokey CD :( the bid went up to 36.00 for a used CD - too much in my opinion. The good thing about Ebay is that someone else always comes along with the same thing for cheaper if you're patient.

Wendy, I hope your knee is recovering. My knees have been a little squirrely lately and I know the smart thing to do is to lay off some of the higher impact stuff before I manage to really injure myself. Sigh. It's so hard to gear down when you get addicted to that high intensity.

BTW, Debbie H - how's your elbow?

My week, not too exciting:

S: PSBBA + MIC hi-lo
M: PSCST + MIC step
T: LL
W: CK
Th: Bryan Kest Yoga
F: CMX

I've been trying to do a rotation with cardio after weights for a change of pace but only managed 2 days of that this week.

Hope everyone else out there is doing well and has a great upcoming week.

Lorrie

Hey Terri!

Sounds like you need a break! Enjoy a little down time. Get well soon!

Hi everyone!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-01 AT 08:34AM (Est)[/font][p]Hope Spring has sprung in your area. it is 70* here today! A lil' rain mixed in too! :-( Here's my week;

Monday~Spin with Jay for 45 minutes, Taught a Hi/Lo class in the afternoon with toning & ABS

Tuesday~Taught a Hi/Lo with toning & ABS in the AM and then went to an instructor friend's class in the PM (Fun class!)

Wednesday~IMax!!!! I did ALL those power scissors! :-jumpy Let me tell you, I was huffing & puffing. Glad there wasn't a camera around! Mindy's killer floorworkout, I thought this tape would be all floorwork but it actually was a totalbody workout. Nice for a change of pace.

Thursday~Taught 2 Hi/Lo classes with toning & ABS

Friday~CircuitMax

Saturday~MIC, both the Hi/Lo and Step sections! WHEW, what a workout when combined. My HR Monitor was beeping away! Original Buns of Steel w/Greg Smithey. As if MIC wasn't enough torture. I decided to tack this on the end. Let's hope I can get out of my theater chair tonight after the movies!!

Sunday~REST, cause we ALL need them.:-tired

I am starting back with VERY light weights on my strength work. At my classes, I used no weights at all but contracted the muscle very tight. At home on Mindy's workout, I just used 3-5 pounders for upper body and only 5 pounders for lower body work. I think I'm getting there with this ole elbow of mine. SLOOOOWLY, but surely. Have a great week everyone. I am cleaning and trying to get ready for my sis & her family coming in from Florida late tonight. Her hubby's Dad died and they live about a half hour from here. It will be nice to visit with my sis! :7 Can't wait for the new DVD's !!!

RE: Hi everyone!

Terri, I am with you this week. I got a very nasty cold and was all achy and stuffy so working out was not at the top of my list. On top of that I hurt my back. On top of that my period started. AND on top of that I got an eye infection and had to wear my glasses for two days (prescription is not up to date and could not see very well) instead of my contacts. I feel better now and hope to start fresh Monday! :) Slowly of course!

MONDAY: Nothing

TUESDAY: 2-mile walk

WEDNESDAY: Kathy Smith's Step Workout (1st section)
Tamilee's Total Body Stretch (floor)

THURSDAY: Cleaned out house and cooked fried crappie, french fries and hushpuppies for a friend of my husbands

FRIDAY: Nothing

SATURDAY: Yard work...BIG TIME!

I hope I don't feel pathetic when I start working out next week. I will just consider this past week a rest week which makes me feel better about it... it really was pathetic but I felt the need of a rest week coming on for a while. It just takes something getting my attention to actually take one!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful week!

Kelly

RE: Hi everyone!

Hi everybody!! I'm in a big hurry and didn't get to see what everyone has posted. I'll have to do that tomorrow. I'm just going jump right into my week so I can go to a card party.

MON: PS BBA and MIC step

TUES: IMAX

WED: Urban Rebounding and BodyPump

THURS: CTX All sTep (cardio only) and CTX Kickbox (cardio only)

FRI: PS SLA and Yoga

SAT: PS CST and BodyMax (cardio only)

SUN: Tomorrow, YOGA!!

OK, I can't wait to read your posts tomorrow!! Have a great week!!

Aimee

Hope you are feeling much better, Terri, and soon!
Here's my week:
Mon - Bodymax
Tues - Gin Miller's Intense Moves, FIRM Power Cardio
Wed - FIRM Super Sculpting
Thurs - Nothing
Fri - Circuit Max
Sat - Cardio Kicks
Sun - We plan to ride our tandem for a couple of hours if the weather permits!
Amy

I modified a lot this week....just to be on the safe side and not over do it. Feeling really good but knees are still a bit noisy.

Mon.......Yoga Zone....Flexibility & Stress Release

Tues......Step only....Wedding video

Wed.......Legs & Abs from Great Weighted Workout

Thurs..... MIS upper body & HiLo Heaven 1st stage

Fri.......Off

Sat.......Two the Max

Sun.......not sure....maybe a walk or a stretch tape

The weather is getting much milder and my tulips are coming up so fast. Gee....I love Spring!

RE: Hey HB!

Great idea....a Chuck Norris pretend cheer leader. He could coach me when I do Taebo and help me with my kicks! We went to Hartville Kitchen on Friday the 21st. I love that place! The way they run it is amazing! All restaurants could take lessons from them. :9:9:9:9:9

Hi Wendy,
From who is the tape "BUNS OF STEEL" floorwork?
What do you mean with the two words wu,w after PSLA or PS CST?
Which tape from Kari A. do you prefer?

Have a nice day!

Marga

Hi, marga :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-01 AT 11:44AM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-01 AT 10:52 AM (Est)[/font]

The Buns of Steel tape is : Buns of Steel the Original Workout with Greg Smithey. I found it at Amazon for $9.99, but if you have a Suncoast Movies store in your area, I saw it there for $12.99, which is cheaper than paying $9.99 PLUS the shipping and handling charge that Amazon charged me.(But you're in Germany, so I guess you probably don't have that Suncoast Store!) This tape does ONLY floorwork, which I modified sometimes becuase the technique seemed a little outdated, too,and maybe unsafe for my back.

When I put "wu" after the name of a tape, it means "warm up". :)

I have Great Moves 101: Intermediate/Advanced Hi-Lo, and also United Steps. I like them both, the step is more my style than the hi-lo. I'll go try to find the name of the on-line company I ordered them from. They were each about $5!!****Here it is: Homeworkout.com is where I got these. I got the site from videofitness.com under the "Bargain Watch" section. good luck!

Talk to you soon!
Wendy

RE: It has been awhile - Hi everyone

Hi everyone

I really cannot remember the last time I checked in and I don't know why that is. Could have something to do with not wanting to jinx my long lasting hamstring injury, which by the way, is coming along nicely as long as I listen to my body. Here was my week:

Monday - run/walk for 60 minutes - about a minute of each for the hour - I am trying to build my running base up but am being quite cautious for obvious reasons

Tuesday - Strenth, Balance and Flexibility

Wednesday - Step Fit

Thursday - MIS

Friday - rest

Saturday - Bodymax

Sunday - probably do the run/walk thing or some similar lower intensity since I did Bodymax yesterday. The hamstring feels good and I would like it to stay that way for my upcoming ball season.

I have been doing an MIS rotation now for about 6 weeks and will be changing that around at the beginning of May with either PS Series or the express thing - not sure yet.

I hope everyone has a great week.

Kim

Managed to avoid the overtraining curse this week and rested when my body told me to.

SUNDAY: Biked out to reservoir with hubby on old Schwinn one speed tandem. We think it was 14 miles total. :-hmmm

MONDAY: Yep, it was at least 14 miles. Legs were killing me. Living Arts Balance Ball for Abs.

TUESDAY: 3.5 mile downhill hike with fifth graders. Chest and back at gym. 400 yd. swim.

WEDNESDAY: Spinning class. Shoulders at gym.

THURSDAY: Run/Walk (5:00/2:30 -- 4 cycles)

FRIDAY: 2.5 mile hike with seventh graders. Six of the slowest kids and myself got separated from the rest of the group and ended up taking a wrong turn in the rain. We ended up back at the bus on time via a completely different route, but I was stressed knowing that my colleague (total sweetheart of a guy :*) was probably worried and looking for us. Sure enough he was. So he got in an extra workout running back up the trail. I was too exhausted from the stress to do my planned Cathe workout. :-tired

SATURDAY: Lifeguard cert renewal testing. Run/walk (5:00/2:30 -- 4 cycles)

Not much of a video week. At the very least, I need to be getting out those yoga and abs videos more.

Ended up joining 24-Hour Fitness, prepaid for 18 months, unlimited, all-location membership. :eek: Not sure what happened--somehow it just seemed like such a great deal, middle-of-the-month special, six months free and all. Some of my videos may get a bit dusty, but my house gets too hot to workout in the summer, anyway, right? ;-)

:) Gretchen

Just a quick check-in. Just wanted to send well wishes to all of you with viruses, etc. and injuries...hope you're all on the mend soon. Despite this, looks like great weeks all around.

Here's mine:

Sunday - Leaner Legs; PowerMax
Monday - 60 minutes elliptical machine; planks, abs, and stretch from CTX Kickbox
Tuesday - BodyMax
Wednesday - Cardio Kicks
Thursday - MIS
Friday - StepWorks
Saturday - combo of w/u, kickboxing, and hi/lo from 10-10-10 + kickboxing and arm drills from CTX Kickbox; Keli Robert's Hardcore Abs and Back (this was a new tape...I really liked it and it flew by!)

BTW, as of May 1 or April 30 (depending on when we're all packed into the U-Haul) my DH and I are moving again. So, I may be "incommunicado" (spelling?) so to speak while we make our trek across North America and then while finding a place to live. You know, I WILL find a way to get my Cathe pre-order in though ;-). Our destination (we think) is New Mexico so if there's any Cathe forum folks down there I'd love to hear from you. I may be around for the check-in next week, I may not. We'll see what happens.

Take care everyone and enjoy your week,
Lisa :)

Hi Lorrie!
Take care of those knees! Great week of workouts.
You mentioned autographed memorabilia on ebay. I collect autographs myself.....mostly sports and usually in person if I can do it that way. Be very careful buying autographs online, or in stores for that matter. The majority of autographs out there are fake.....80% according to the FBI. Before you finalize that ebay purchase try to get that autograph authenticated somehow. There are services that do this type of work. Also beware that certificates of authenticity are easily faked too. Just some friendly advice. :)
Take care and good luck!!
Trevor :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.