EARLY Check-In W/E 4/21

RE: Thanks Trevor!

Thanks for the wise advice. I'm aware of all the scams and usually tend to be skeptical of everything! The item I bid on (Smokey autographed microphone) comes with a photo of Smokey signing it. Even still, I did a lot of follow up with the seller, who works for a radio station and claims she got the autograph before a Christmas performance in LA. The photo helped convince me, but even still it could be a fake. Smokey was just in my area in Feb. but I wasn't able to get an autograph cause my seats were nosebleed (hey, he's not getting any younger so who knows when he'll be back in my area!) I do think I'll take your advice and have the signature authenticated by a professional service and if it is a fake, I'll take action with the Seller through Ebay. It also helps that I'm a paralegal so filing a law suit for a fraudulent claim is pretty easy! ;-)

BTW, what's your most prized autograph?

Lorrie

RE: Hey Debbie H!

Hi Debbie!

Hope you and Lorrie are enjoying your visit! Tell Lorrie to bring some rain back from Ohio when she returns - we've been in a drought for 3 years now! My parents live in PA near the Ohio border and they said it's been raining so much the grass looks fake it's so green.

Glad to hear the elbow is healing. You've been smart about it. You'll be my inspiration to try to do the same with my knee (although I did do IMAX yesterday!)

Take care!

Lorrie

RE: Thanks Trevor!

Hi again Lorrie!
You sound like a pretty savvy collector...I wish you all the luck in obtaining a Smokey autograph.
I have many autographs of mostly sports figures. My all time fave is a baseball signed by the 1982 Baltimore Orioles. It contains sigs of 3 present hall of famers and 2 who will be going in sometime in the future including Cal Ripken Jr. My father knew the clubhouse attendant at the time and he got it for me for my 16th birthday. Eddie Murray was the first to sign it and he wrote "Happy Birthday Trevor" on it. This makes the dollar value completely worthless but the fact that it is personalized makes it priceless to me.
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.