Strength in Numbers

Julie Good work on PC Week 6 Bench. That is good that it won't be too hot out for you to work on your deck. Hopefully you will be near the end of the sanding part of it.

This morning was TC for me. It was another great workout and I was drenched in sweat at the end. In the afternoon both me and DH needed to go in and get our CPAP machines checked and get new masks. We have to do this every year just to make sure everything is running smoothly. Then we met a friend a local park to catch up.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl That is the problem with fostering the kittens, its hard to let them go. My DH is worse about it than I am! I looked up some battle ropes videos after reading about your TC class. They look like they would be fun, but really tough!

Julie Great job on PC week 6 bench press! I think we have similar dread lists!

Friday morning was M3D36, then Elizabeth came over to meet Lenny. She fell in love with him immediately and her adoption application was approved and she picked him up Saturday morning. She felt bad because I cried but it was happy+sad. She sent me a couple pictures later in the day and he looked like he was adjusting nicely. I took Saturday as a rest day. We went to the lake, but I couldn't ski :mad:. I have a neuropathy and it is flaring up badly so both of my feel were numb. I almost couldn't get my foot into my ski boot, then I just kept falling so I gave up. That was pretty frustrating! Hopefully it improves quickly, but it usually takes quite awhile. My niece and her husband and 4 yo are in town for the weekend so they came over last night for dinner and a swim. This morning I did afterburn. I haven't done that one in ages. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Pam

Saturday I did Power Conditioning Week 6 Deadlifts and then DH worked on the deck the rest of the day and I am happy to report that we got all the sanding done!!! Now we just have to find a Friday or Saturday were it is not supposed to rain for a few days before and a few days after so we can stain. I am really hopeful the staining will only be one day of work and not as draining as sanding. Sunday I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck so I took the day off. This morning I did Ride!

Cheryl Great job on the TC workout! That is great that you are liking these workouts. Glad you are doing the maintenance on your CPAP machines. Some people skip it and it is so necessary as you know. Glad you got to spend time with your friend.

Pam Great job on D36! So glad Lenny has found a loving home, I can only imagine it was with mixed emotions you said goodbye to Lenny. Oh I am so sorry your neuropathy was acting up and you couldn’t ski. Does it do better with low impact workouts? I have found my plantar fasciitis is better with low impact workouts. Step workouts are the worst for it when it is flaring up.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Looks like I missed your Friday post. Great job on TC. Do you feel like the CPAP machines work well for you?

Julie Great job on PC week 6 deadlifts and CONGRATULATIONS on finishing sanding your deck! I know you must be so happy that is done and I bet the staining will be much quicker. It sounds like you really needed that day off on Sunday Great job on Ride too.
Luckily my neuropathy doesn't affect my workouts too much. I don't really like trying to jump up on the high step when it is flaring, but other than that I can do most workouts fine. I mostly notice it during stretches because I can't lift my toes off the ground.

This morning was AOLIH. I hadn't done that one in awhile and it was nice to have a quick and not too intense workout this morning. My legs and glutes are really tight from AB yesterday. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam The battle ropes are fun but they are really tough. We did them again in the workout this morning. Great work on M3D36. That is great that Elizabeth fell in love with Lenny but sad at the same time for you. At least you will be able to get updates and pictures on how he is doing. That sucks about you neuropathy and not being able to ski. I hope it clears up quickly for you. Good job on AB.

Julie Good work on PC Week 6 Deadlifts. That is great that you got all of the sanding done. The staining shouldn't take too long and then you can enjoy your deck. Good call on taking Sunday off and great job on Ride.

Pam I do notice a difference with the CPAP machine. I now wake up feeling rested instead of feeling like I hadn't slept at all. Good work on AOLIH.

Saturday I went dragon boating and Sunday I did Segments 1 and 3 of Stretch Max. In the afternoon we went with friends to the local park for ice cream. This morning I went to TC. It was another good workout though I do notice that we do a lot of shoulder work and not much with bis and tris so I think I need to do something about that tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did STS D6 Legs! I am really feeling tired and dragging. I think I am going to take a deload/rest week starting tomorrow and pick back up next Thursday with Power Conditioning. I am loving that program but it is taking a toll on my body along with the deck work and this is a really busy month at work.

Pam Great job on AOLIH! That is a less intense workout compared to AB. Although I sometimes feel AOLIH in my glutes the next day.

Cheryl Great job on dragon boating and Stretch Max 1 & 3 and TC! I think that is a growing trend to skip bis and tris. It seems more and more regimens are doing mainly compound movements and leaving out the bis and tris isolation moves since they believe the compound moves work those muscles enough. Not sure I totally agree with that.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job dragon boating, SM segments, and TC. Maybe some of the Muscle meltdowns in ICE would be a good compliment to the TC workouts to get some bi and tri work in?

Julie Great job on D6 legs. That is a tough one to do when you are tired and dragging! It sounds like a deload/rest week is a good idea. You have really been going hard lately. I wouldn't be able to tell if AOLIH got my glutes or not because they are still so sore from AB on Sunday. AB always gets my glutes big time.

This morning was PHAT. Every time I do it I feel like there needs to be one more round. Then I added in the abs from SJP. Have a great day!

Pam

Starting out my deload week by sleeping in. It felt really nice and as I was laying there right before my alarm went off I felt my lower back pop which made it feel so much better. I think being on my hands and knees sanding the deck floor made it go out of whack.

Pam Great job on PHAT plus SJP abs! I wish she had done a 3 round of different exercises too. She could have had premixes to shorten it and think of the endless possibilities for combining the different exercises.

Have a great day!

Julie How nice that you got a good sleep and your back started to feel better. I bet you did knock it out of whack doing all of that sanding!

This morning I did Cardio Slam and I forgot that I did abs yesterday so I did the abs from Muscle endurance. They seemed tougher than usual, probably because I did abs yesterday :rolleyes: Did anyone else notice that the length is wrong on the cardio slam DVD and on the box? it says that it's 40:47, but it's actually 49:47. I was expecting to be done and she just kept going! Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I did a timesavers from ICE MTB! It was only 30 minutes and then I added on Stretch Max 3! It felt weird to be doing so little but also felt really nice. I’m going to try to keep this up doing just 30 minutes of cardio/meta work and then doing some longer stretching. Hopefully by next Thursday I will be feeling ready to lift heavy again.

Pam Great job on Cardio Slam and ME abs! That’s funny! I would probably be saying the opposite that I forgot to do abs yesterday! Yes I noticed the time was wrong. Too bad it wasn’t the other way around so it was a nicer surprise that you got done early.

Have a great day!

Julie Good for you in doing STS D6 Legs when you were not feeling up to it. Good idea to take a rest week you have been doing a lot and probably the rest will be good for you. It is weird that they don't really work the bis and tris, I prefer working all body parts.

Pam I forgot about the muscle meltdowns in ICE. Thanks for the reminder. Great work on PHAT and the abs from SJP.

Julie That would be nice to sleep in. Nice that your back is feeling better since it popped.

Pam Great work on Cardio Slam. I didn't notice the time difference on this one but I have noticed it on other ones.

Julie Good job on ICE MTB and Stretch Max 3. Sometimes less is more and I am sure you will be ready to lift heavy again next week.

Sorry but I haven't had a chance to post since Monday. Tuesday I did XTrain Bis and Tris and then went dragon boating in the evening. Wednesday I went to Twist Conditioning in the morning and then dragon boating in the evening and today I decided to take a day off. I was feeling tired when I got up and figured I needed a day off to rest.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Low Impact Sweat 1 and a yoga segment from Yoga for Stress Relief. I’m hoping to get out of work early today. We won’t be able to stain the deck tomorrow because it is raining today but I guess that means we can finally clean the house and run some errands we have been putting off.

Cheryl Great job on Xtrain Bis/Tris and dragon boating on Tuesday and TC and dragon boating on Wednesday! That is good that you took a day off. The TC is probably different than what you are used to your body is probably appreciating the rest.

Have a great weekend!

Julie Great job on ICE MTB timesaver and SM 3! That sounds like a perfect combo for a lighter week.

Cheryl Great job on XTrain bis and tris, dragon boating, and TC. No worries about not being able to post for a couple of days.

Julie Great job on LIS and yoga. I hope you are able to get out of work early. It will be good to get caught up on some other things around the house this weekend.

I realized that I forgot to post yesterday. Yesterday morning was Supercuts. I did the premix that has no su/pu combo, but adds core 1. I liked that better that way. Hmmm, I wonder why? :D This morning was Lower body blast, another one that I haven't done in awhile. I was really tired this morning because the kittens decided that they needed to start playing at 5 am, and we got to bed late because I had a girls night out. I'm thinking the kittens might need to start sleeping in the bonus room again! Happy Friday!

Pam

This morning was RWH Hiit circuit upper body. I did the premix with core 2. It's been in the 100s here all week and yesterday we had the brilliant idea to spread mulch. We got it done, but I was pretty much soaked by the time we were finished. Tonight we are going to an outdoor concert. The band that we want to see doesn't start until 9:30 though, so hopefully it will have cooled off some by then. Oh, and I almost forgot, I preordered the new workouts! That was so exciting to see! Have a great day!

Pam

Last edited:
Julie Great job on LIS 1 and Yoga for Stress Relief. I hope you got out of work early. Too bad that it is raining and you can't stain your deck but at least you are able to catch up on other things.

Pam Good work on Supercuts without the su/pu combo. Ummm I can't understand why you like that premix so much :p. Way to go on Lower Body Blast and RWH Hiit Circuit Upper Body and Core 2. Well the kittens probably were pretty rested by the time 5am rolled around. I think you are right that they need their own room. Wow it sure is hot where you are. I hope it cooled down for your concert and you enjoyed it. Who is the band that you wanted to see? I am going to preorder the new workouts too, it looks like it will be another great series.

Friday I went to Twist Conditioning. It was a bit tougher workout especially with the negative chin ups. We had to stand on a bench with our hands in a underhand grip on the bar and then jump up and hold ourselves there for a couple of seconds and then slowly lower back down for 8 to 10 reps. I could only do 8 and that was tough enough. I am really feeling it in my lats today. This morning I did FT Bootcamp. It was DH birthday today so we went to Ribfest which was being held in our area this weekend. That is his favorite thing to go to.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

So I didn’t work out at all over the weekend. Friday I did get to leave work early and did some cleaning when I got home. Saturday DH and I ran errands and then we went to my sister’s for dinner and ended up not getting home until 1am! That is the longest I have stayed out in probably 10 years or more. So of course Sunday was a lazy day. This morning I did do Fat Burning Circuit from X10 and a yoga segment from Yoga for Stress Relief.

Pam Great job on SC plus core 1! I am not sure if I would like it better with out the su/pu combo plus the core. I would probably want to skip both! Great job on LBB! Bummer abou the kitties getting you up so early after a late night out. Don’t they know they are supposed to let you sleep in? Great job on RWH CUB plus core 2! Glad you got the mulch done. Hope you had a great time at the concert and stayed cool.

Cheryl Great job on TC! Negative pullups are hard and add up so quickly. I have heard it is the best way to work up to unassissted pullups. I have never done them long enough to see. Great job on FT BC! Happy birthday to your DH and how lucky that Ribfest falls around his birthday so he can enjoy it!

Have a great day!

Cheryl The band that we saw Saturday night was Rebelution. They are a reggae band and really fun. Great job on Tc. Oh boy, negative chin ups I think you did really well getting 8 in! great job on FT bootcamp too. The rifest sounds like fun, happy birthday to your DH!

Julie Hmmm, an X10 workout, does that mean you are done taking it easy? I know they are short, but they are tough! I hoe you got nice and rested over the weekend! Great job on X10 fBC and Yoga. The concert was fun and eve though it was so hot, there was a really nice breeze all evening so it wasn't too bad at all.

Sunday was my rest day, but we did go skiing. I was happy because I was able to ski this weekend unlike last weekend. I'm still having some issues with the neuropathy, but it was greatly improved. This morning was Afterburn. I was thinking I should have taken a better look at the rotation that I had picked out before I did it last week. I did the double trouble premix to make it a little different this time though. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie No worries about not working out a rest is what is sometimes needed instead. Nice that you could get off work early on Friday. 1am would be hard for me too, I am not used to staying up late at all. Great work on X10 Fat Burning Circuit and Yoga for Stress Relief.

Pam Nice that you had fun at the concert. The band does have a unique name. Glad that you were able to go skiing this weekend and your neuropathy didn't hold you back this time. Good work on Afterburn double trouble premix.

Sunday I did yoga relax. In the afternoon we went to my cousins because my aunt turned 80 on Saturday so we had a little party for her. This morning I went to Twist Conditioning. It was a good workout but not as hard as Friday's was which was just fine with me :). Then I vacuumed and washed the car . It was getting a bit dusty.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did AOLIH and Stretch Max 1! Today is Ozzie’s chemo day so I am working from home in between dropping him off and picking him up. That means I get to have the cutest coworker today, Sheba!

Pam Yea that is great you got to go skiing this weekend! Great job on AB Double Trouble! X10 is tough and I probably should have done something a little lighter but I think it was also good pushing myself a little during this week. Tomorrow is my last day of my rest week. I’ll start going at it again on Thursday.

Cheryl Great job on Yoga Relax! Glad you got to spend some time with your cousins and aunt for her birthday. Great job on TC! Sometimes it is a nice surprise when the workout is a little easier than usual.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on YR and TC. How fun to have an 80th birthday party for your aunt!

Julie Great job on AOLIH and SM! His nice having a cute co worker for the day.

This morning,was Total body giant sets and the abs from LIC. I decided to make some curtains foro our bedroom. I don't really sew, so I hope they turn out ok! I think today I am going to just do some practice with the sewing machine before I work on the real thing. Wish me luck!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.