Strength in Numbers

Cheryl The kittens that I think my friends will adopt are the two that I am kitten sitting for someone else, so I'll still have three o_O I would love it if they took 1 or 2 of mine, but the ones that I have now are a lot more shy around kids, so they didn't sell themselves! They didn't come back on Sunday :D Great job on TC and dragon boating twice on Sunday It's pretty scary doing stuff like that out in that smoke, do be careful. Air quality the is worse that Beijing is pretty bad!! Great job on yoga.

Julie Sorry that the weekend flew by. I always hated that. Great job your double trouble PC on Saturday and getting your living room organized. Today I plan to do that in my bedroom because things just seem to collect in there. Great job on LI Hiit and yoga and PC week 8 deadlifts. Breaking Bad is still my all time favorite show. It wad just awesome. Are the dogs doing anything unusual during the day?

This morning was tabatacise for me. I did pause for a bit longer before rounds 4 and 5, but I made it through. I've been trying to decide what Cathe's hardest cardio workout is. When I do this one I think this is it, when I do CCC I think that is it, and when I do Intensity I think it's the hardest. Of course there are the X0 workouts that are up there too. Hmmmmm...Now I'm off to paint the bathroom, organize my bedroom and take my mom for a TB test. Apparently that is an assisted living requirement in NC. Have a great day

Pam

Julie It doesn't seem to matter how much time you have off, it all seems to go by too quickly. Great work on PC week 8 squats and bench, Saturday's RWH LI HiiT 1 and yoga and Sunday's PC week 8 deadlifts and Pedal Power this morning. Doesn't it feel so good to throw out stuff that you don't need and to get organized. I need to do that as well. I hope your DH can continue the healthy eating and not fall back to his old habits.

Pam Too bad that you have the shy kittens. Hopefully you will be able to adopt them out soon. Great job on Tabatacise. All the workouts that you mentioned are hard in their own way. I am not sure which one of them would be the hardest.

It was a holiday here today so Twist Conditioning was closed. So I did my own workout with FT Total Body and added the ab work and then I added on the ICE LIS Blizzard Blast. It is still smokey here but it didn't seem as bad as it has been. My breathing is better so that is good. It is still suppose to last until the end of the week. We took the cone of shame off Tango last night. He was so happy to get it off. His eye is looking much better but I am still putting the ointment on it for a bit longer.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did STS D12 Legs! Today is Ozzie’s chemo day and I usually work from home. I got online and did some emails then got in the shower. When I got out of the shower, our internet was down. I called and it turns out our modem is broke and they will need to send us a new one which will take 2 days!!! So after taking Ozzie to the vet and leaving Sheba at home, I am working from my parent’s house. Good thing they live close.

Pam Great job on Tabatacise! Pausing that one is sometimes a necessity. I think it is a 4 way tie between the ones you mentioned that is the hardest. That’s how my desk was. Don’t know where to put something, set it on the desk and forget about it. It was way out of control! So far I am only mid way through season 2 of breaking bad but it seems like almost every show ends on a cliffhanger. The dogs just seem to sleep. They occasionally look out the window.

Cheryl Great job on FT TB plus added ab work and ICE LIS BB! I’m glad your breathing is better and maybe there is an end in sight to all the smoke. I bet Tango is so excited to no longer have the cone on. I still have a lot more organizing to do in other rooms but getting the desk done was a big improvement and definitely alleviated that stress.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Great job on FT, ab work and the LIS BB. That is a lot! I'm glad to hear that the smoke is getting a little better. I bet Tango was so excited to lose that cone, I hope his eye continues to do well.

Julie Great job on D12 legs! Oh boy, that is so frustrating to have internet problems, but its nice that your parents are close enough that you can work from there. I have problems when I am trying to organize all of that stuff too. It seems like I have a lot of stuff that I don't feel like I can throw away for some reason, but don't really know when to put it. Sometimes I end up putting it in a donation bag and sometimes it just ends up hanging around for no good reason. I am getting better and better at getting rid of stuff though!

This morning was supposed to be STS Total Body, but I looked through my DVDs 3 times and couldn't find it. :confused: I think that I lent it to a friend, but it was awhile ago and I forgot about it. So I did MIS instead and subbed the abs from ME because I don't like the ab work in MIS. Now I'm off to put the second coat of paint on the bathroom wall. Have a great day!

Pam

Yesterday when I got home our internet was back on. I didn’t call and cancel the modem order because the modem is old so I figure it wouldn’t hurt to replace it. Good thing I didn’t since it was down again this morning. This morning was my rest day. My lower back is slightly sore and I think it is from working from my parents house yesterday. I couldn’t find a comfortable way to sit.

Pam Great job on MIS and ME abs! That is crazy about STS TB. I wonder if your friend remembers they borrowed it. I tend to hold on to paperwork forever because I never know whether I will need. Most things I can tend to throw out pretty easily.

Have a great day!

Julie Good work on STS D12 Legs. Bummer that you lost your internet. Handy though that your parents live close by.

Pam I hope you get your DVD back from your friend. Good work on subbing MIS and doing the abs from ME.

Julie Nice that your internet was back on. I agree with replacing your modem though since it is old. I hope your back is doing better.

Yesterday I did Low Impact Challenge. I looked like I had just had a shower after I was done I was sweating so much. I went dragon boating in the evening and the smoke seemed to be sitting on top of the water. This morning I went to Twist Conditioning and afterwards I was having problems getting a deep breath in me :confused:. It is still smokey and it was really hot and humid today so maybe that was the reason. I decided to not go dragon boating tonight and just rest for the next couple of days. It will be hard but it is probably for the best. They are saying that we will finally get rain on Sunday so I hope that will clear the air and get rid of the smoke once and for all.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Power Conditioning week 9 squats. My back felt better which was great and I actually felt like I did better this week with my form. I am so ready for this week to be over. I don’t know why but it has felt like the longest week of my life.

Cheryl Great job on LIC! Oh wow that is a lot sweating it must be pretty hot there. Great job on dragon boating even with the smoke on the water (isn’t that a song). Great job on TC! I’m so sorry you are having trouble breathing. Taking a few days off to rest sounds like it will definitely help. I hope you get rain like they say. You definitely need it.

Have a great day!

Julie I think they purposely build some of this technology to just slowly start acting up and dying so that we will have to buy new every so often. Good thing you didn't cancel your modem order. I hope your back is feeling better. I think my friend remembers she has the discs. I am trying to get her started on a full STS program but I gave her that to give her an idea of what the workouts are like and also an option for a total body day. I also loaned her my ICE workouts so I had to make a sub yesterday!

Cheryl I'm sure I'll get my DVDs back, it's just a matter of when :p. I had told her that I wasn't in a hurry to get them back, I had just forgotten that I had given her that one. Great job on LIC, you got a two for one, no shower needed afterward, right? ;) It sounds like it's smart to skip dragon boating for awhile with all of that smoke in the air, especially since you were having trouble breathing! Great job on dragon boating and TC though.

Julie Great job on PC week 9 squats. I'm glad to hear that your back was feeling better and you are improving your form. It's been a long week for me too! Friday is almost here!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday because I had to take my mom back to the Dr to get her TB results read. I was so mad though, because after we sat and waited for an hour the nurse came out and said that it was too soon, it has to be 48-72 hours after they do the test. My sister had gone in with her and said 36-48 hours! :mad: So that was a big waste of time. Then I had to take Darla to the vet because her eye was all swollen. This is the third time it has happened to her and I was out of meds so the rescue said I should take her in. They gave me a different med that is a gel that I have to squirt in her eyes. She doesn't like it very much:confused: My workout yesterday was supposed to be Low impact sweat, but since I had loaned my friend my ICE DVDs too I subbed RWH LI Hiit 1&2 and bonus abs 1. This morning I did Circuit Blast. Today we are taking my mom to move to her new place after going back to the Dr to get the TB test read. I sure hope that she likes it. It is going to be a big adjustment for her not living with my sister, but I'm hoping it will be good. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I got horrible sleep. I went to bed around 7:30 and woke up around 11:20 to go to the bathroom. I was excited I still had 4 hours left to sleep but I guess that excitement kept me up because I could not get back to sleep after that. I may have dozed off for a few minutes here or there but I just could not get my mind to shut up. I did get up and do Power Conditioning week 9 bench press. I think I could have done better had I gotten more sleep but I guess I did something. So happy it is Friday and maybe I can catch up on my sleep tonight.

Pam I would have been furious they made you wait an hour before telling you to come back. They could have looked at that when you first checked in and maybe you had to wait 10 minutes or so. Poor Darla! We had to put a gel in Oscar’s eye years ago. That was awful and I imagine a cat may be worse to try to do. Great job on RWH LIH 1&2 plus the bonus abs and CB! Good luck on the TB test results and the move. I hope your mother adjusts quickly to the new place.

Have a great weekend!

Julie I'm so sorry that you got such terrible sleep. How frustrating! You are real trooper getting up and doing your workout anyway. Great job on PC week 9 bench press. I hope you get a much better sleep tonight!

This morning was Cardio leg Blast. It was the first time I had done it in a long time and it was a lot of fun. Yesterday with my mom was super stressful. She was really mad and did't remember visiting the place and liking it. She kept asking us if she was going to be there for the rest of her life. My sister asked her if she wanted to have a hair appointment today and she commented that she didn't't know she was allowed. Hopefully she will get adjusted quickly. The guy sent me a picture of her sitting at the dinner table less than an hour later smiling and holding hands with the woman beside her, so that was good to see at least. I hope everyone has a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on PC week 9 squats and that your back felt better.

Pam I would have been angry too if I was waiting for an hour just to be told that it was too early for the results. I hope Darla's eye is feeling better. We have had to put squirt liquids or put gel on Tango's eye. He is pretty good about it. Good work on RWH LI Hiit 1&2 and Circuit Blast. I hope things work out with your mom's new home.

Julie Sorry that you got such a bad nights sleep. Don't you hate it when your mind just starts up and you can't get to sleep. Good for you though in getting up and doing PC week 9 bench press

Pam Great work on Cardio Let Blast. Wow that would be stressful with you mom. I hope the picture of her smiling and holding hands with the woman beside her will be a whole new beginning for her.

Well I haven't done much of anything the past several days. It is still really hot and muggy here and the smoke is still lingering. I don't think I will be dragon boating tomorrow either but I will see what the weather is like out. They still say that is to rain on Sunday so I sure hope they are right.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl I hope you are getting your rain today and it helps to clear up the smoke. I think you are smart to stay inside as much as possible.

I took yesterday as my rest day because we had a pool party. We had pretty good weather for the most part, but a storm did come through. It lasted less than an hour though, so it wasn't too bad. This morning I did RWH Hiit circuit upper body and bonus abs two. My brother and sister visited my mom yesterday. She told them that she likes it at the new home but she enjoys getting visitors, so that was great to hear. I'm going to stop by and see her today. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam A pool party sounds like fun. I am glad that the storm didn't last long. Great job on RWH Hiit circuit upper body and bonus abs two. That is great that your mom likes her new home and likes getting visitors too.

So today we got rain and it cleared out the smoke. It is a bit overcast today but I could see some blue sky which I haven't seen in almost two weeks. I felt a lot better today too so I did FT Bootcamp. In the afternoon I went for a walk, something I haven't done a lot of this year.

Cheryl

Saturday I slept in a lot to try to make up for not getting good sleep the night before. I don’t think I have slept in that long in a long time. I did do RWH Plyo HiiT 1. I don’t know if my cardio level is down or I was still tired but I had to pause quite a bit. Oh well, I did it. I also did a Yoga Foundations workout by Travis Eliot. It started out nice and light but then I think I ended up over stretching my obliques and back. They have been sore ever since. After that I did chores around the house and baked a carrot cake for my mom’s birthday. Sunday I did Power Conditioning Week 9 Deadlifts and then went to my mom’s for her birthday party. DH and I went to bed early last night but for some reason I am still tired. I’m hoping this week picks up for me energy wise.

Pam Great job on CLB! I think that one is a lot of fun too. Oh I am so sorry to hear that about your mom. I can’t imagine having to go through that with her. I hope she get settled in soon too and can remember where she is now. How fun to have a pool party especially after a stressful day the day before. Great job on RWH CUB + bonus abs 2! What good news to hear your mom tell your brother and sister she like it there.

Cheryl Good for you for resting. With that heat and smoke, I am sure you body and lungs are thanking youf or the rest. Yea on the rain and clearing away the smoke. Blue skies is a beautiful thing when you haven’t seen it so long. Great job on FT BC and a walk! I bet it felt good to get out in nature again without all that smoke!

Have a great day!

Cheryl I'm so glad to hear that you got some rain to clear some of that smoke away. Are the fires still burning? Two weeks without seeing blue sky is way too long. I'm glad you finally got some and got out to enjoy it. Great job on FT Bootcamp!

Julie If you slept late you obviously needed it. Sorry to hear that you are still dragging though. I hope that your energy level picks up this week. Great job RWH Plyo Hiit 1. That one always really winds me, I think more than any of the other Hiit workouts. Great job on YF tool I hope that you didn't hurt yourself. Great job on PC week 9 deadlifts too!

Yesterday I went to visit my mom. She was whispering to me that she doesn't like it there, but seems to be really happy so I'm not sure I believe her. She said that she really likes the people, she is just not happy that they don't let her go out for walks by herself. This morning I started Cathes July rotation with RUUB. That one moves along pretty quickly. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Sorry that you are feeling so tired. Good work on RWH Plyo HiiT 1 even with the pauses. Those are really hard HiiT workouts even with a good nights sleep. Way to go on Yoga Foundations too, I hope you didn't hurt yourself and for Sunday's PC week 9 Deadlifts. I hope you get your energy back this week.

Pam There are still over 100 fires burning and one of the fires is so big that they will never be able to put it out, just try to contain it. They will have to wait until fall and winter when it starts raining and snowing for that fire to extinguish itself. I guess it must be frustrating for your mom not to be able to go for walks by herself even though it is for her own safety. She probably does like it there just not being able to go for a walk by herself. Great job on RUUB

This morning I went to Twist Conditioning. It was a fun workout. I noticed that when I was driving there that it is darker in the mornings now than it was a couple of weeks ago. After that we went out to my parents to spread dirt in their flower beds and to straighten out the edging bricks that were not very straight anymore. We still have more to do so we will go back out there on Friday.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did Fit Tower Advanced Legs Glutes and Core. I wish there had been more legs and glutes and less core but that probably isn’t surprising coming from me. I do think I may be feeling something later from it. It took me a little longer to do because I had trouble getting my tower to the perfect height. I do feel a little less tired today so that is a plus.

Pam Great job on starting the July rotation with RUUB! Oh no. I hope that your mom is still just adusting to the new place. I know she probably wants to go for walks on her own and probably doesn’t understand she can’t for her own safety.

Cheryl Great job on TC! It is staying darker later and getting darker earlier here too. I hate what that means is coming. I bet your parents’ flower bed will look amazing when you are done.

Have a great day!

Today was my rest day and thank goodness. I had another night where I woke up at 12:20 and could not get back to sleep. DH couldn’t sleep either this time and he just ended up getting up at 2 and going to work. I was able to drift off after that for maybe an hour.

Have a great day!

Cheryl Wow, that is a lot of fires. I hope they are able to keep the big one contained. Fire is such a powerful and scary thing! Great job on TC. I hate that it is starting to get dark longer already. It seems like summer has just been flying by.

Julie Great job on Fit tower advanced legs, gluten and core. How do you like the fit tower workouts? I'm on the fence about getting them. So surprised that you would want less core :p What a bummer that you had another lousy nights sleep. Your DH went to work at 2 am? I don't think I would ever do that, no matter how bad a sleep I was having! Hopefully you will both crash early tonight.

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday, but I did Lean legs and abs. This morning was Rockout Knockout. Have a great day!

Pam

Last night I got better sleep. Felt more rested this morning. Yea! I did Power Conditioning Week 10 Squats. This is the week where it starts to get really heavy with 5 sets of 3 reps. I have never gone this heavy before and definitely need to get used to the heavier weight and perfecting my form with it. I have decided to take tomorrow off work so I probably won’t post again until Monday.

Pam Great job on LLA and RK! I have all the advanced FT workouts but I have only done the legs, glutes, and core one. It was good but I don’t see myself doing it super often. It might be awhile before I try the Boot Camp and Total Body FT workouts. DH is a truck driver hauling grain and normally gets up at 3:30 with me. Basically he loads his truck and then sits in line until 5 or 6 waiting on the place to open so he can dump the grain and start a new run. He might have even slept in his truck for a few hours after he got in line.

Have a great day/weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.