Strength in Numbers

This morning was my rest day; a fitting way to end my recovery week. I am excited and nervous to get back to Power Conditioning tomorrow. After taking a week off, I am always nervous that I will lose strength or endurance even though I know the science says different.

Pam Great job on TBGS + LIC abs! Good luck on the curtains. You are so crafty I am sure they will turn out great! I tried to hem some curtains about 15 years ago with my mom. I am not patient enough to work a sewing machine so it didn’t work out so well.

Have a great day!

Julie A rest day was the perfect way to end your recovery week. I bet you will do great with your PC after having that time to recover. I know what you mean about feeling nervous about losing strength and/or endurance though. I did a practice run with sewing yesterday and it went well, so I think I will start on the real thing today. I've read through the instructions about 4 times now, but I'm still worried about doing the whole lining and pleats properly.

This morning was Cardio Super Sets. I think I have only done that one a couple of times ever, so it was a nice change. Have a great day!

Pam

This morning I started back up on week 7 of Power Conditioning with Squats. I feel like I did better than I expected but I may not be able to walk tomorrow.

Pam Great job on CSS! I bet those curtains are going to be better than what you could buy in the store. Sometimes the quality of store items just isn’t what it used to be. Plus you get to control everything in the design and execution this way.

Have a great day!

Julie Great job n PC with squats> I hope your DOMS aren't too bad tomorrow! Glad to hear that you did well!

This morning was Athletic training. Another one that I haven't done in ages and it seemed harder than I remembered. I was really huffing and puffing by the end of that first section! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on AOLIH and Stretch Max 1. That is always the best when you can share your day with a very cute coworker.

Pam Good job on Total Body Giant Sets and abs from LIC. I hope your curtains turn out.

Julie I am sure you will do well with PC tomorrow.

Pam Great job on Cardio Super Sets. That is a fun one and not very long either.

Julie Good work on PC week 7 squats. I hope you can walk tomorrow.

Pam Great job on Athletic Training.

Well the days just got away from me and this is the first time I could sit in front of the computer since Monday. So Tuesday morning I did PRS#1. We took Taylis to the vet in the afternoon for his 3 month visit. we need to make sure everything is working properly and that he hasn't lost any weight. In the evening I went dragon boating. Wednesday morning I went to Twist Conditioning and it felt like a really tough workout because I was really tired. I have been tired all week so it has been tough to get motivated to do much of anything. When I got back home in the morning I went to get our friends dog to look after her all day. She has developed a urinary tract infection so she needs to pee or try to pee a lot. She stayed outside on our cement patio all day because it was nice and cool out there. I had a dental appointment in the afternoon so my dentist is very close to a doggy bakery so I got her a nice big cookie with her name on it. It perked her up since she was looking pretty sad all day. Last night I went dragon boating again. This morning I didn't do a workout because we went with my parents to a town called Squamish to do the Sea to Sky Gondola. My parents have wanted to do it for a while but they didn't want to go by themselves so we went with them. It is about an hour away from us so it is easy to do in a day. We also went to a place called Shannon Falls to have some lunch which was very close to the gondola.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did week 7 PC Bench. My legs are super sore. Mostly my quads but my hamstrings a little too. So far it is looking good that DH and I might be able to stain the deck this weekend. Crossing my fingers for no rain for the next 4 days.

Pam Great job on AT! That first section is killer. In fact, I think it is tough all the way through the first half until you stop doing the combo upper/lower exercises.

Cheryl Great job on PRS 1! Sounds like Taylis is doing good! Great job on TC! So sorry you have so tired lately. I hope you can get back some energy. How sweet to be hanging out with your neighbor’s dog on the patio. I know our dogs love to lay on our deck with us. That is so sweet that you bought her her own cookie too! Sounds like you had a fun day with your parents. Hopefully that rejuvinated you a little.

Have a great weekend!

Cheryl Great job on PRS 1. I hope everything was ok with Taylis' vet visit.Great job dragon boating and TC too. It's bad enough trying to do a tough workout when you have a lot of energy, it's sooo hard when you are tired. Hope you are feeling more energetic soon. Aw, how sweet that you got your neighbors dog a cookie, I bet she enjoyed that! It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your parents too!

Julie Great job on week 7 PC bench. I hope your legs improve today! We need to oil our deck too and need 4 days without rain. That almost never happens around here in the summer. Last night we had a big thunder storm. I hope you are able to get yours done this weekend!

This morning was legs and glutes. I like that there are some non-traditional moves in that one. I think my legs are going to be feeling it tomorrow though! I was thinking I should have done it yesterday because I have a massage today. My DH gave me 4 massages for Christmas and I have only used 1 so far because I keep forgetting to schedule them. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Good job on week 7 PC Bench. I hope your legs feel better. Fingers crossed for you that you were able to get your deck stained this weekend. I bet it will be nice for both you and DH to finally have it done. We haven't had rain in quite a while here and it is really dry. We need a lot of rain without any lightning because we have hundreds of forest fires burning right now and thousands of people have been evacuated.

Pam Everything went well with Taylis's vet appointment. When he goes back in 3 months we will have his blood work done. Great work on Legs and Glutes. I like the non-traditional moves too, it seems to work your muscles differently. Enjoy your massage today.

Friday I went to Twist Conditioning and I was a bit more rested which was good because it was a tough workout. Friday's are the Hiit workouts so they are harder than the other ones in the week. This morning I went dragon boating. I am glad that it was first thing in the morning because it is really hot here today. After that I went to get my hair cut and now I am inside because it is way too hot to be outside right now.

Have a great weekend.

Cheryl

Cheryl I'm glad to hear that everything went well with Taylis's vet appointment. Good thing younger well rested for Fridays TC Hiit workout. Great job that and dragon boating. I guess I know where our hot weather went now. We had been in the high nineties for weeks, but after a thunderstorm Friday night we have had highs in the 70s the last couple of days. It feels like fall, and I'm not ready for that yet!

Yesterday I took as my rest day. We took our neighbors kids to the lake and they had so much fun knee boarding and skiing. I skied but not very well and Doug took a really hard fall on his first pass and today he had to miss golf because his back is hurting so much. :( This morning I did Ramped Up Upper Body and the bonus stability ball abs from Butts and Guts. Have a great day!

Pam

Pam I wish it was in the high 70s here. It is in the low 90s here and will get higher next week. I don't deal well in the heat so I am not looking forward to it. I would gladly send it over your way. I am glad that the kids had fun. I hope Doug's back is doing better. Good job on Ramped Up Upper Body and the stability ball abs from Butts and Guts.

Today I did segments 1 and 2 from stretch max then I went with my neighbour to a local farmers market. In the afternoon we went with friends of ours to a Summer Festival which was just across the street from us. It was fun but really hot.

Cheryl

Saturday I did not work out. DH and I stained the deck so I skipped my workout so we could get a head start on it. It took a little over 6 hours but we are finally done. Sunday I did Power Conditioning Week 7 Deadlifts and then was lazy the rest of the day. This morning I did Cycle Sweat.

Pam Great job on Legs & Glutes! Well hopefully the massage helped work out any DOMS that may have come from it. Oh no! Poor Doug. I hope he is feeling better after that nasty fall. Great job on RUUB + B&G sb abs!

Cheryl Great job on TC! Glad you felt a little more rested. Oh that is terrible about the forest fires. I hope they can get it under control or you get a lot of rain so it doesn’t get worse. Great job on SM 1 & 2! Did you get a lot of good food from the Farmer’s Market?

Have a great day!

CherylThe weather forecast didn't end up being very accurate. It ended up being 86 here on Sunday, ut that still felt a lot cooler that the high 90s and low 100s we have been having. Great job on SM. The farmers market and the festival sound like a lot of fun. Hopefully your terrible hat doesn't last too long!

Julie Oh I bet you are so happy to have your deck done. Does it look wonderful?! Great job on PC week 7 deadlifts and CS. The massage was absolutely heavenly. I felt so good when I left there. My lower back had been tight for days and it fixed that right up. I was so happy! Doug back was doing a lot better last night. He said he probably could have played golf, but I think it was good that he didn't.

This morning was Imax 2 with all 128 jeannie hops. It's always a fun one. Today we are taking my mom and sister to look at assisted living facilities. Where they are living now is independent living and she is needing a higher level of care. I hope we find something nice, so many of them are so depressing! Have a great day!

Pam

Julie I am so happy for you that you got your deck done. Now you can sit out an enjoy all your hard work. Great job on PC Week 7 Deadlifts and Cycle Sweat. I got some fresh fruits and veges from the farmers market. It tastes so much better than what you can buy in the grocery stores.

Pam Great work on Imax 2 and all of the 128 jennie hops. I hope your can find a nice place for your mom and sister. I agree that most of the places are depressing.

This morning I went to Twist Conditioning for my workout. After that I went to get our car insurance renewed and then went to get the oil changed in the car In the afternoon we took Tango in to the vet to have his eyes looked at. It seems like he has seasonal allergies but what I have been giving him doesn't seem to work anymore. So he got a new cream that we rub around the eye an so he doesn't rub at it he now has the cone of shame :eek:. He is not too happy with it but if it keeps him from rubbing his eye and it gets better we will deal with it.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

This morning I did STS M1D9 Legs. This one had the hamstring slide outs and ins in the bonus work and I think is the toughest of the bonus work. So I bought a security camera for our home and set it up in the living room last night. Now DH and I can watch the dogs while we are at work. Not sure how much work I will get done now that I have that ability.

Pam Great job on the Jeanie hops in Imax 2! So glad you enjoyed the massage and Doug is doing better. I think you are right better safe than sorry and skip the golf for one day. Our deck looks great although there is a few sections I wish we could do over but I am happy with it overall. I hope you can find something for your mom. Hopefully you can find one that is not so depressing and maybe caters to people with dementia. I know there is a facility close to where I live that caters to Alzheimer’s patients.

Cheryl Great job on TC! Oh poor Tango and his allergies. The cone of shame is too cute when it is on them. Ozzie has allergies but it makes him lick himself (annoying and disgusting). We give him Zyrtec twice a day and it seems to help a little. I bet those fruits and veggies were ultra delicious. Local is so much better than grocery items.

Have a great day!

So yesterday afternoon I got a call from my mom that she was taking DH to the hospital. He has been having lower belly/back pain for a long time but it was really bad yesterday. He went to the doctor and she told him to go to the ER. So after work, I went to the hospital while they ran some blood work and did a CT scan. Everything came back normal so they discharged him and told him to go home. We didn’t get home until after 11 so needless to say I was not getting up at 3:30 to work out. DH and I talked about how his eating choices may be affecting his digestive system causing the problems and he said he is going to try to do better. He has done good in the past but as soon as he starts feeling better he slacks off again until something like this happens. I don’t know what else to do to make him stick with eating better and doing something physical every day. I’m taking Friday off work and my plan is to work out and do some much needed cleaning and organizing at home.

Have a great weekend since I probably won’t post again until Monday!

Cheryl Great job on TC. Oh poor Tango and the cone of shame, I know he must be hating it. Hopefully the cream will help and he won't have to wear it for too long.

Julie Great job on M1D9 legs. That one is a DOM generator for sure! That will be pretty interesting to see what the dogs are doing when you aren't home. Now you need to set up a microphone so if you wee them doing something they aren't supposed to you can tell them to stop! :D Oh boy, glad to hear that everything came back normal for your dad, but that made for a very stressful evening I'm sure. Hopefully he will be able to stick with a better diet longer. I hope you enjoy your day off tomorrow.

Tuesday morning I went for a 14 mile bike ride with one of may friends. We have some great trails around here for riding. This one used to be railroad tracks and the whole thing is pretty shady so it was really nice. I also did the LIC total body tri sets lower body split. Then I got a call from the place where my mom lives requesting that she make new living arrangements as soon as possible. She wandered off somewhere that morning and was gone for several hours and last week someone found her walking down the middle of the road. So we had to pick up the pace on the search for a new place to live. The nice places are so expensive and even some of the not so nice places. We found a couple of options that I think will work and hopefully will be making a decision by tomorrow. Having to find something for my sister makes it a lot more complicated though. So I've spent most of my week making phone calls and going on tours. I did Body Max step and power circuits and the abs from lean legs and abs yesterday morning and LIC this morning. Have a great day!

Pam

Julie Great work on STS M1D9 Legs. So cool that you have a security camera set up and can watch the dogs. It will really let you know what they do while you are out. That is so frustrating when once they start to feel better they slack off on the healthy eating. I hope you can get it worked out and that they understand that eating healthy isn't just something you do once in a while.

Pam How nice that you have lots of trails to go bike riding. It sounds like it was a lot of fun. Good job on LIC total body tri sets lower body split. That is scary that your mom is starting to wander off. I hope you can find a place soon that is reasonably priced for both her and your sister. Great work on Body Max step and power circuits and the abs from lean legs and abs and LIC today.

I have not had a chance to sit at the computer for several days now. It is hot and smokey around here. We have lots of forest fires burning in our province right now and it has now drifted over us which makes it look overcast and hazy outside. We can't see the mountains at all which aren't that far away from us. At least we don't have the smell of smoke. I feel really sorry for the people who have all been evacuated from their homes and are in the thick of it. Tuesday morning I did .......well I can't remember what I did but I did do a workout of so kind :rolleyes:. That night I went dragon boating in the smoke. Wednesday morning I went to Twist Conditioning and it was a hot one outside. I was dripping with sweat after it was over. That evening I went dragon boating again in the smoke. This morning I did RWH LI #1 and core #1. Then we went out to my parents to do some yard work for them. It was so hot that I had sweat dripping off my nose by the time we were done. Tango still has the cone of shame on but his eyes are looking better. He is not a happy camper.

Have a great day.

Cheryl

Cheryl Oh the forest fires are so scary. It's amazing how quickly they get out of control. I hope that you don't get any of the smell from it. lol that you can't remember what you did Tuesday, but great job on whatever it was! :D Great job on dragon boating too, bummer that it was in the smoke. Great job on TC, dragon boating and RWH LI1 and core 1! I'm glad that Tangos eyes are looking better. Poor guy!

Friday morning I did Pyramid Lower Body. We had narrowed the search down for my mom to two possible places and we were having a really hard time deciding between the two so we took her to see them both and let her decide. The place that she decided on is very interesting. It is a regular house in a neighborhood that they have made into an assisted living facility. It is fully licensed and there is onsite staff 24 hours a day. It's nice because there are only 6 residents total and 2 staff members there at all times, so I think it will feel more like being at home. I just hope she still likes it once she moves in! I took yesterday as a rest day because I was taking my mom to look at the house, and then we had some friends over in the afternoon to swim and have dinner. I guess their kids had fun because when they were leaving they asked if they could come back tomorrow:). I think that they might end up adopting two kittens too :D. This morning I did Pyramid upper body. I had to do some major modifications on the planks at the end, but at least I didn't just quit. Have a great day everyone!

Pam

Pam Great work on PLB on Friday. I bet the place your mom liked will feel more like a home with only 6 residents. I hope she still likes it when she moves in. So did your friends kids come back today to swim since they had so much fun :). That would be nice if they adopted two of the kittens too. How many do you have left now? Good work on PUB and not giving up on the plank work. That is a killer.

Friday I went to Twist Conditioning. It was really hot and muggy out so I am glad that I got it out of the way in the morning. Saturday I went dragon boating twice. Once at 8am with my team and again at 10am with a team which consists of two teams that will be going to the Steveston Dragon Boat Regatta on August 26th. We need to practise together before race day. It was a hard one for me because the smoke is getting to me and I found it hard to breath deeply to get air into my lungs and my allergies are bothering me. I do have allergies to tobacco smoke so I figure that the smoke from the fires is bothering me too. We aren't getting any relief from it any time soon either. They say that our air quality is worse than Beijing :eek:. We haven't seen blue sky in almost a week and the sun looks weird. In the mornings and evenings it is really red and during the day it is orange. Today I did yoga and went to our local farmers market.

I hope everyone had great weekend.

Cheryl

Even with a long weekend for me, the weekend went by too fast. Friday I doubled up my Power Conditioning workouts and did week 8 for squats and bench then I spent the next 4 hours organizing my desk and living room. Threw out so much stuff that I don’t even know why I was holding on to it. Saturday I did RWH LI HiiT 1 and a yoga session from Yoga for Stress Relief. Then DH and ran errands. Sunday I did PC Week 8 Deadlifts and then I was lazy the rest of the day. I started watching Breaking Bad. It is quite the addictive show. This morning I did Pedal Power even though I was exhausted from not getting good sleep last night for some reason.

Pam Great job on your 14 mile bike ride plus LIS TBT legs! Oh no that sounds so scary about your mom. I am glad she was fine both times. Will your mom and sister continue living together or will this separate them. Great job on BM step and power circuits plus LL abs and LIC! Actually the camera has a microphone built in. I can hear them and talk to them. They don’t seem to care when I talk to them though. They look at the camera but so far don’t get excited. I think it probably sounds like noise from the TV to them. Great job on PLB! The house your mom chose does sound interesting. Hope all goes well with moving her. Glad you got a rest day in there with all the stressful searching you deserved some down time and to have fun. Here’s to hoping they adopt two of the kittens. Great job onPUB!

Cheryl Oh I’m so sorry about the forest fires. They sound scary when they are on the news and now I can see they can be a problem even for those farther away from the actual fire. Great job on whatever your Tuesday workout was and dragon boating in the icky smoke. Great job on TC. Oh man they had you outside in the heat and smoke but you made it. Well I guess the smoke will not stop you dedicated dragon boaters! Great job on RSH LI 1 plus core 1 plus yard work. Poor Tango! Hoping he continues to heal quickly so he can shed the cone. So far DH has done well this weekend with eating better. But of course it has only been 3 days. I’m hoping he sees this as a wake up call to do better longer term. Great job on TC and double the dragon boating (WOW!). Oh no, I hope you can get your breathing under control with the smoke especially since it doesn’t look like it is letting up yet. That is scary about the air quality being worse than Beijing!

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.