Your Favorite Beauty/Skin Care Secrets...List Them Here

roses_92123

Cathlete
My sisters and I were laughing last night about the time that I tried a homemade hair conditioning treatment when I was about 16yrs old.

I had heard that putting a raw egg and mayo mixture in your hair would do wonders as a deep conditioning treatment. Silly me...I poured the contents into my hair then proceeded to take a HOT shower and literally watched the eggs cook in a matter of minutes. They had to help me get all the remants of the impromptu-scramble out of my poor hair!!

But the silly conversation got me to thinking about what sort of home remedies or beauty secrets that women use out there that don't end up in disaster but actually work!

One that I now do is olive oil treatments to my hair (no more egg for me!!) and it works wonderfully.

Also; lining the inside, bottom eyelid with a white (or very light) shade of eyeliner will make your eyes look bigger.

Anyone else have any random secrets or remedies to share?

Nothing like Vaseline for your cuticles and over your eye cream at night. My grandmother did that for years and she had great skin until she passed in her 80s! You can also use it if you forgot your mascara - it make your lashes look thicker...I swear~

I tried doing olive oil in my hair once and people asked me all day why my hair was still wet!!! I could not get it out of my hair after like 10 shampoos - it was hilarious!

For acne:

crack an egg (use an egg yolk seperator here) and put the yolk only on your face like a mask for 10 minutes.
Then rinse.

The vitamin A is excellent for healing acne!

:)

"Life is too short - Be the best you can be every single day of your life!" :)

Use a little bit of Vaseline on your feet at night and put some cotton socks. It will soften them. You can also do this on your hands (don't use the socks lol, use gloves or don't use anything at all). This is not too appealing in the summer because of the heat, but it works.

Jojoba Oil: Use a couple of drops on your wet or dry hair to prevent split ends.

Switch from foundation to tinted moisturizer and use concealer on top of it only where you need it.

Visine takes the "red out" of pimples, and toothpaste helps dry 'em up!

Oatmeal mixed with unflavored yogurt, works great as a cheap face mask.
Honey is also a great face mask

Raw egg whites smeared on a clean face helps tighten the pores and skin, leaving you looking "lifted.'

Regular granulated sugar works great as an overall body scrub and does not sting like salt does. You can even mix it with olive for a moisturizing scrub.

For when your eyes are red: Blue eyeliner on the lower lids. On the upper,blue mascara as a base, followed by your regular color on the tips.

I love Sally Hanson's spray on legs product. Spray the product on right after the shower while moisture is still on the skin and you have beautiful tanned legs. The product covers so well that if you have any veins etc that you want to get rid of, it's awesome!

My Mom believes in Artistry cosmetics, I gave her a few to try, the eye cream, and now she swears by it.

For me, drinking lots of water is my beauty secret. I should drink more, alot more.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.