Your 5 favorite HEALTHY foods?

1. kashi go lean crunch
2. whole wheat english muffins
3. ground turkey(you can do a million recipes with that stuff!)
4. pineapple
5. sweet potatoes(i had to learn to like these)
:9

jes

My current 5 favorites:

1. Cottage Cheese Pancakes - just found this recipe and I love them!
2. Lentils
3. Salmon
4. Steel Cut Irish Oats
5. Red Wine (yes, in moderation it is healthy!)

Margaret

1. Chicken (cooked any way)
2. Peanut Butter
3. Salads (with lots of veggies and dressings)
4. fruit
5. White Thin Crust Pizza (Not so healthy, but I love it)

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8019309&uid=3879914&members=1}

Here are my faves:

1. Salmon, broiled or steamed
2. Chicken breast (broiled or baked) w/Lipton Ranch Soup Mix on it
3. Chicken burgers with any Lipton soup mix mixed in
4. Brown Rice Porridge
5. Old Fashioned Oatmeal w/strawberry protein powder (made w/skim milk)

Sanchia

1. Lentils! Favorite food period. Healthy or no :) I can cook a small pan with kale in 20 mins. Gotta love that :D Great with curry.

2. Does some Jamba Juice sorta count as healthy? I try to pick ones with as little dairy/sherbert as possible. The green tea boost also makes me feel fabulous. We don't have one here, but when I go out of town for a test, it's a must beforehand.

3. Baked fries. I don't consider potatoes unhealthy. I just stick 'em in a cookie sheet and bake. I can eat 5 potatoes' worth!! That part IS unhealthy.

4. Green Juice. I have a greenstar juicer and juice together parsley, kale, spinach, celery and as many other greens as I can think of with some green apple for flavor. If I've combined it just right, I LOVE it. Especially right after a workout. Refreshing, healthy, and the parsley makes your breath heavenly for a long time :D If I don't combine it right, though.... :|

5. Natural peanut butter, or almond butter. Either on apples or celery, it's one of my absolute favorites.

6. I have to add a 6th... it can't be left out!! :( Large salad with greens from the garden, 1 avocado, and a homemade dressing of basil olive oil and a bit of tamari and fresh ground pepper. I can eat 2 lbs of it easily. Yum, yum, yum.

Sara

P.S. Kathryn, where do you get your green tea products? that sounds like something I'd really like! When I get a job, of course :(

-Jumbo salads of any kind (with goat cheese)
-Avocado (any way, but sliced w/a fresh sliced tomoto and a sprinkle of sea salt)
-A perfectly seared tuna steak (medium-rare, w/soy wasabi marinade)
-My own homemade granola made w/oats, almonds, honey, vanilla and dried cranberries (served w/lowfat, plain yogurt and fresh berries)
-A giant glass of ice cold 1% milk

1. Thai food-vegi, no meat and SPICY!!
2. Peas, right out of the garden
3. Dilled potatos and green beans
4. Vanilla soy milk with a 1/2 cup of organic, decaf coffee (chilled)
5. Sweet potato chips

MJ in MN

Tallchick - I LOVE brussels sprouts - steamed, pan seared, roasted, any way - add that to my list

>1. Lentils! Favorite food period. Healthy or no :) I can
>cook a small pan with kale in 20 mins. Gotta love that :D

That sounds good! Do you just put them in some water to make like a lentil/kale soup?

>2. Does some Jamba Juice sorta count as healthy?
I have no idea what that is?

> Kathryn, where do you get your green tea products? that
>sounds like something I'd really like! When I get a job, of
>course :(
>
www.herbasway.com (See my post above for a possible way to get a discount).

This thread is making me hungry!
(And I see so many foods I'd add to my list if it were longer than 5: kale, mangos--I love to take a whole one, chopped up, with raspberries and blueberries and a dollop of soy vanilla pudding as a "whipped cream" kind of dressing. Okay...now i'm making myself hungrier...wonder what's in the fridge? LOL!):9

I don't make it myself, I buy it at my local Wholefoods store. the name is Cindy's Kitchen, All Natural, Wild Maine Blueberry, Antioxidant, Dressing & Marinade. 16 floz in bottle. It is made by Custom blends Inc, Brockton, Mass and tel # 508-583-2995.

If you call them they might be able to tell you where your nearest stockist is.

This is the only dressing I have found in the entire state of Michigan that I like.

Clare

Smoothies after working out
Salmon (and other grilled fish)
Natural Peanutbutter
Oatmeal
Spinach
(and FRUIT!! Can't leave it out, sorry!!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.