Your 5 favorite HEALTHY foods?

Thank you Clare for the info. on the blueberry dressing...can't wait to get some!!:9 dmd

1)chicken andfish(mostly fresh tuna,tilapia,and salmon maybe canned tuna if in a salad)
2)naturemade total soy as a protien powder
3)broccolli and double that with maybe a little shredded parm or cajun spice
4)oatmeal or oat bran hot cereal
5)skim milk

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

1. fruit smoothies
2. chipotle mashed potatoes (or anything with chipotles!)
3. seitan stroganoff
4. green salads (romaine & spinach) with lots of veggies, beans and also avocado added
5. baked tofu sticks (just found these, a bit high in sodium but then again I am a salt and not sugar freak!!!)

Glad I had dinner before I read this post...:)...Carole

My Favorite Five:

(1) Low carb soft whole wheat tortillas --they are only 50 calories each, packed with fiber, and they are real good with a little Healthy Balance Light spread on them;

(2) Low Carb Chocoalte Chip Protein Bars by Gensoy--they are so tasty, have only 160 calories in them, and have I tihnk 19 grams of protein;

(3) Friendhsip cottage cheese--1% or 2%--simply the best cottage cheese:

(4) Egg whites--cooked like an omelet, it tastes like when you were a kid and your mom would make a fried egg and the best part was the white!:

(5) Can I put down Diet Coke???????? Probably not, so I am going to have to say a big salad, with lots of healthy veggies in it, the more the better, with balsamic vinegar on it--YUM!

My Favorite Five:

(1) Low carb soft whole wheat tortillas --they are only 50 calories each, packed with fiber, and they are real good with a little Healthy Balance Light spread on them;

(2) Low Carb Chocoalte Chip Protein Bars by Gensoy--they are so tasty, have only 160 calories in them, and have I tihnk 19 grams of protein;

(3) Friendhsip cottage cheese--1% or 2%--simply the best cottage cheese:

(4) Egg whites--cooked like an omelet, it tastes like when you were a kid and your mom would make a fried egg and the best part was the white!:

(5) Can I put down Diet Coke???????? Probably not, so I am going to have to say a big salad, with lots of healthy veggies in it, the more the better, with balsamic vinegar on it--YUM!

I love most food but my favourites are:

1) Oats
2) Lentils
3) Atlantic salmon
4) all fruits, especially berries
5) Tuna

I must have been a cat in my previous life :)

Liz n

RE: Here's my Favorite 5:

#5 Green tea

#4 Green leafy vegetables

#3 Organic almond butter (peanut butter does not agree with me)

#2 Sprouted grain flourless tortillas, Food For Life/Ezekiel 4:9
brand (these are versatile as wraps, taco shells, pizza crusts,
etc.)

And the #1 Favorite 5 Healthy Food is:

Ground buffalo steak burgers (yes, made from real buffalo!)

Fay

p.s. My favorite grocery stores: Trader Joe's & Whole Foods

How funny, I agree with most of your favorites also for mine! One recipe I LOVE:

Take one sweet potato or yam and slice it into round slices
(you can get like 20 slices out of one if you do it thin enough - then you feel like your getting more!!!)
Place them on a cookie sheet and spray a little olive oil/non stick cooking spray over the top. Take the rounds and now place them in a bag 1 TBSP of italion seasoning and shake well. You may even add a little sea salt if desired. Place them back on the cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes (til crisp). You house will smell like pizza and these will taste like sweet/salty potato chips!!!! They are so yummy and when I pull out a little sandwich bag of these for a snack, I really feel like I am indulging/cheating!

1) Ovens of Manitowoc oatmeal

2) natural peanut butter

3) grilled or broiled salmon

4) cantaloupe

5) Myoplex Lite (chocolate) made with skim milk, lots of ice cubes and 2 T. fat free chocolate pudding powder

Only 5? Darn...thinking....

ok...

1 - Peanut Butter (I could eat this at every meal)
2 - Blueberries
3 - Salmon (lox style) on Rye crackers with onion and lite cr. cheese
4 - Plain Yogurt mixed with strawberries, almonds, and almond extract
5 - Tomatoes (I love anything with cooked tomatoes and garlic...)

Marcy

Hi, we are big oatmeal fans in my house. Could you tell me more about Manitowoc Oatmeal? Thanks~dmd

I realized after I was home and looked in my cupboard that I had the name wrong. They USED to be called Ovens of Manitowoc and are now called Natural Ovens. They make awesome bread, buns, granola and oatmeal. Plus, it's very healthy stuff.

Here's a link to their website. They are available in quite a few states but not nationwide. To see which states carry their products click on "Our Stores" at the top of the homepage.

http://www.naturalovens.com/

Here's a link describing their oatmeal:

http://www.naturalovens.com/Shop/Bakery/Cereals_&_Pancake_Mix/Paul-27-s_Oats.html

BTW, I do NOT work for this company or know anyone who does. My husband and I have been a fan of their products for many years but I always thought they were only available locally. Glad to see their market is expanding.

Sue :)

1. baked sweet potatoes
2. Morningstar Farms vegetarian sausage patties
3. La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas (14 grams of fiber per tortilla!)
4. black beans
5. strawberries

Becky :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.