Yoga video?

Hey gang! I'm looking for a good yoga video to do on days when I'm not getting my back side kicked by Cathe or training for a 1/2 marathon. I haven't done much yoga but I want one that will help with flexibility & relaxation. Would love to hear from you if you know of a good one.
Thanks
Crystal

i actually like iron yoga by anthony carillo. this is using light weights. long and lean yoga by baron baptiste is also good. i should be doing more yoga. i have a few workouts but dont do them often enough.

suri

I too have been looking for a yoga workout that I would actually do! I am a person that has never done Yoga... I could not stand the one that is in the P90X rotation and always just subbed another workout.. is Iron Yoga ok for beginners? Is there any instruction at all?

sorry to interupt this thread !

I love Baron Baptiste and Rodney Yee power yoga videos. They are all great. Baron has a "hot yoga" that is great.

Hiya Crystal!

I really like [a href="http://www.gaiam.com/retail/2/VideoDVD"]Gaiam[/a] yoga DVDs. Currently I use one called Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss with Suzanne Deason. Don't see what's so weight-lossy about it, but it's a nice yoga session. They have level variations so it's a good one that to grow with from beginner to flexy-goddess. Needless to say I'm still at beginner.

I also like Shiva Rea's [a href="http://www.amazon.com/Shiva-Rea-Shakti-Jean-Michel-Jarre/dp/B0001611DS"]Yoga Shakti.[/a] It has different ability levels too, building up to some truly pretzel-esque contortions. It is shot in the Maldives and has very nice chilled music, not too obtustive or new-agey! Best of all it has what they call a Yoga Matrix, where you can select different exercises to create your own workout, a la Cathe's Mix and Match thingy.

cheers,
Shauna

Yoga Shakti also has 3 DVD's taken from the original. Sun Salutations, Lunar Flow and Solar Flow. I like these particular DVD's because you get a larger varitety of yoga practices and the workouts are anywhere from 20-40 minutes. You can buy them used from Amazon.com.

Cheryl

Power Yoga for Athletes with Kim Fowler is a really good stretch/power yoga workout. It's been my favorite lately - although Kim is not my favorite -- the actual practice is well sequenced with good stretches for athletic people. (www.yogaforathletes.com)

I love Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti also and Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness.

Mark Blanchard www.ProgressivePoweryoga.com makes a lot of good advanced power yoga DVDs. Collage just starting carrying one from his Sedona series set so you can preview it there.

>Power Yoga for Athletes with Kim Fowler is a really good
>stretch/power yoga workout. It's been my favorite lately -
>although Kim is not my favorite -- the actual practice is well
>sequenced with good stretches for athletic people.
>(www.yogaforathletes.com)
>
>I love Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti also and Eion Finn's Power Yoga
>for Happiness.
>
>Mark Blanchard www.ProgressivePoweryoga.com makes a lot of
>good advanced power yoga DVDs. Collage just starting carrying
>one from his Sedona series set so you can preview it there.

Hi Lorajc,
I also love Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness - doing that DVD truly makes me feel happy all night after I do it! That is my most used yoga DVD for lately, next would be Yoga Shakti.

Monica

Monica & Everyone Else --

Please feel free to join our yoga check in. We check in daily....but it's called "Trying To Fit Yoga In". Usually, I only have time to do yoga on the weekends....but I lost my job recently, so I've been practicing daily. It's only a very small group of about 4 of us right now and we'd love to have others join. It's a fun way to talk about our yoga practices ....what we love, hate and new things we discover. What poses are good for us Cathe athletes, etc.

Shiva & Eion are my 2 favorite instructors and I also really like Rainbeau Mars. I do her Dusk/Dawn series a LOT and it's a good series, although not as challenging as the others mentioned in this thread.

Hi Crystal,

I would also recommend Rodey Yee's "Yoga Conditioning for Athletes". It's an excellent routine for a "post-Cathe-butt-kicking" or on a rest day. It includes beginner, intermediate, and advanced modifications of the poses.

i like the karen voight yoga. I havent been able to find more videos similair to hers. She does more flow yoga. You are sweating by the time you are done with hers

melissa

I like:
Yoga Sculpt with Karen Voight

Yoga Zone intstructor Jen Monness
strengthen and tone beginner/Intermediate

Yogacize + Back in Action by Yilma Lavani

MTV Yoga by Lori

today I bought Gaiam Gentle Yoga with Suzanne Deason can't wait to try this one:D
Belinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.