Yoga Strength & Flexibility Gold Star!

BlakKat

Cathlete
Let me start by saying I have never liked yoga. I am that person that likes extremely tough workouts (most of the time). Intense cardio & heavy weights; so I feel like I worked really hard. Not that yoga moves are easy, they are not easy at all, but for me being a Type A personality my mind would not stop thinking about everything I had to get done and that I could be doing instead of lying on a mat as the minutes tick by in my head. I was going to do upper body today, but I know I will love that one so I thought I would do the DVD I was looking forward to the least.

I was very surprised at how much I LOVE this workout & cannot wait to incorporate it every week now!!! It felt so different from all the other yoga w/o's I've tried. It was short enough so that the control freak in me didn't once think about what I wasn't getting done but it felt longer than it actually was & I still wanted more! I did break a little sweat & felt my muscles working. The moves are not easy, but I love how my body felt & the deep stretches were actually my favorite, especially the deep glute & hip one. There were a few times I was shaky & had to adjust a little, but I'm looking forward to seeing my progression in time as this is going to be a regular for me. I can't wait to do it w/my husband as he's been wanting to try yoga as he's been tight from Ju Jitsu.

So, do I feel like I worked hard? Yes, in a different way. I feel like my body worked hard to move through & hold the poses AND got a thorough stretch that was much needed. I love how the poses weren't basic ones everyone does and that the time spent holding the pose was not that long. This was not boring for me at all, I was excited to see what was coming next. Cathe and crew are inspiring to watch how fluid they move and the music is relaxing.

Thanks again Cathe for this awesome series!!! It shows how much you always put your everything into what you give us. I love how all these workouts work together & incorporate stretching, flexibility, strength & cardio. You have made a Yoga lover out of me!

Thanks BlakKat for flexing on this Yoga DVD!
I look forward to doing this one next week! I, like you, also tend to have my mind wonder on those long yoga holds - but that won't happen on Cathe's watch. :cool:

Let me start by saying I have never liked yoga. I am that person that likes extremely tough workouts (most of the time). Intense cardio & heavy weights; so I feel like I worked really hard. Not that yoga moves are easy, they are not easy at all, but for me being a Type A personality my mind would not stop thinking about everything I had to get done and that I could be doing instead of lying on a mat as the minutes tick by in my head. I was going to do upper body today, but I know I will love that one so I thought I would do the DVD I was looking forward to the least.

I was very surprised at how much I LOVE this workout & cannot wait to incorporate it every week now!!! It felt so different from all the other yoga w/o's I've tried. It was short enough so that the control freak in me didn't once think about what I wasn't getting done but it felt longer than it actually was & I still wanted more! I did break a little sweat & felt my muscles working. The moves are not easy, but I love how my body felt & the deep stretches were actually my favorite, especially the deep glute & hip one. There were a few times I was shaky & had to adjust a little, but I'm looking forward to seeing my progression in time as this is going to be a regular for me. I can't wait to do it w/my husband as he's been wanting to try yoga as he's been tight from Ju Jitsu.

So, do I feel like I worked hard? Yes, in a different way. I feel like my body worked hard to move through & hold the poses AND got a thorough stretch that was much needed. I love how the poses weren't basic ones everyone does and that the time spent holding the pose was not that long. This was not boring for me at all, I was excited to see what was coming next. Cathe and crew are inspiring to watch how fluid they move and the music is relaxing.

Thanks again Cathe for this awesome series!!! It shows how much you always put your everything into what you give us. I love how all these workouts work together & incorporate stretching, flexibility, strength & cardio. You have made a Yoga lover out of me!
Thank you for your review! Can't wait to do this one tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much BlakKat for yet another thorough review! I’m sure others are benefiting greatly from reading your reviews. And of course I am so grateful and thankful that you actually love this work out, especially since you mentioned that yoga is not on your list of fitness favorites! Keep on enjoying your new DVD’s ❤️

Hello! I have a similar story. I used to think yoga was just stretching, but now I see something special about it! During classes, I seem to be immersed in another world (I know that it sounds strange) and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that yoga in a sense helped me to sort out my problems!

I just love the Yoga and Mobility. As I age, I finding this type of stretching and movement is just what I need. I do these 2-3 times a week now. I am having to do a reset on my CNS so that meant cutting out cardio and weights for now. That is so hard for me to do. I am in my 4 week now of not doing anything but yoga, meditation and stretching. I will pull a band workout out every now and then. Maybe in a few more weeks I can start back up slowly.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.