Yoga Lovers & Cross Trainers (week of Dec 1)

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA.

Thursday I did AMy's Slo-mo back/shoulders burned 214 calories.
Friday I did Step Max and burned 490 calories.
Saturday was Amy's Slo mo legs and burned 412 calories.
This morning I warmed up for 15 min on the TM and then did 45 minutes yoga with Baron Baptiste for a total calorie burn of 320 calories.

Marcy, I checked out the link to Mark Blanchards site. You are right they do look intense. 2 are 90 minutes long. The hip opening with his wife as the instructor looks especially interesting. My DVD collection has exploded to over 200 DVD's now, but I must say I need more Yoga.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

yoga today dot com

I just did "The Secrets of Yoga" class with Sarah Kline. It was awesome. So much fun. Not as silly as "Nerves of Steel" with all of the frog poses but good and different. Thats why I like yoga today is that it is free and there are new classes every week.

I hope that everyone is well :D

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been MIA.

Marcy, I checked out the link to Mark Blanchards site. You are right they do look intense. 2 are 90 minutes long. The hip opening with his wife as the instructor looks especially interesting. My DVD collection has exploded to over 200 DVD's now, but I must say I need more Yoga.

Tamrahan - We sound exactly the same. I also have over 200 DVDs but can't resist more yoga. I've been wanting to get Rodney Yee's Advanced Yoga DVD for awhile now and just this morning I check out totalfitnessdvds.com and she has it on clearance for $7.99! I'm probably going to get the Blanchards too.

Today I did MM warmup, Go Fit kettlebell tutorial, KM blasts (only 8 out of the 10) and the floor stretch from Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners. Did much better with the Turkish Get-Up. I'm using a 20# kb but had to use only a 13# dbbl for the turkish get-up.

I'm going to be doing yoga twice a week for awhile. Here's an interesting article about how fit you can get even if you only do yoga:

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/739?page=1

Waves to RapidBreath, Laughing Water, delfinn, Vee, Jerry and Belinda!

Marcy

I check in with GS BSB today. I upped my weight a little bit, which was pretty cool. Of course, I'm going to blow my calorie burn with Christmas cookies tonight. :eek:

I found Candlelight Yoga with Sara Ivanhoe at our library. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Rapid, I'll have to check that site out.

A yoga DVD for $8?! That's excellent, Marcy!

*waves to all* :)

Guess what? Today was a rest day for me! Unless you count crazy holiday shopping as working out.

I keep checking out the ravi/ana pre-orders on amazon... I"m so tempted to buy them!

Is it freezing cold where you are? It was in the teens when I walked my DD, with dogs, to school. I need one of those face masks.

Hi girls,

I am still here!

Today I did Low Max intervals 1-5 plus The Method Precision Yoga “Strength and Vitality"! I am totally stretch out! 20 min.

Big HALLO to everyone who follows today!

Have a great workout and day!

Yep, it's cold here. It warmed up enough for a few steady hours of rain, but that has all turned to snow and ice (right in time for rush hour :eek: ) this evening.

I did Cardio Coach Vol. 4, and it felt good. This is a huge improvement, as I've been coming back from a hip/hamstring pull. It felt really great to just...run.

Candlelight Yoga is pretty cool. It's a short practice ~ a decent quicky ~ and Sara gives plenty of attention to alignment. I was pleased to see Natasha Rizopoulos as one of the students. I love to watch her move ~ she's so graceful, even in the simplest of poses.

It's a rainy day here in NY... at this time of year, I'd prefer to see a little snow.

Anyway, Lori, is Candlelight yoga more of a lunar kind of flow? (just wondering why it's called candlelight). Yesterday I did 40 min premix of Patrick's Hard Work Conditioning (love him!), followed by the lunar flow premix from Shiva's fluid dvd. I hadn't touched this dvd in a while, and it was a very nice way to end a workout. Her flexibility blows my mind. When she invites you to "join her for variations," I keep thinking, "Well, maybe someday!"

On tap today, I don't know. Have a good one everyone.

Anyway, Lori, is Candlelight yoga more of a lunar kind of flow? (just wondering why it's called candlelight).
No, it's nothing like Shiva. It actually makes a very good beginner's practice with its instruction and slow pace. Not that Shiva's practice isn't awesome, but I know of some beginners who felt Shiva is either too advanced for them or too mystical. (I believe the official term for that is "woo woo." :D "She's too woo woo for me." For the record, I dig woo woo.)

Someone who has been practicing for a while may not like it for this reason ~ it may come across as too simple. If I were back to my more vigorous practice, I'd pass this up, but because yoga has become more restorative for me, I didn't mind.

What kind of cracked me up was that Natasha was picked as the modification person, showing much simpler versions of the poses, yet she's such an advanced practitioner. I kept waiting for her to break out in one of yoga's cool "party" poses. :eek:

I'm off to do GS Legs. Lord help me.

sometimes its just a stretch max

Off my tivo. This morning I went for my wog and then did stretch max 1. Over all it felt good. However, I was not in my thr for 16 min of that workout which suggests to me its time to increase the pace. I really prefer to be in my thr for the whole time not just most of it. My butt is a tad sore from running uphill. Tomorrow is HSCkt then Friday is another wog. I'm always thinking ahead to my next wo. I want to do another yoga today wo. I'm leaning towards the Ashtanga Yoga for Tone wo. The dishwasher has officially died. And the new dishwasher has been elected, that would be me. I'm also working on finding a job and refreshing the skills I learned in college. I hope that everyone is well and has a good yoga practice today.

I finished up Amy Bentos Slo mo challenge Monday with Chest,biceps,triceps.
Tuesday, I did absolutely nothing.
Today I just cleaned house.

I think this week I will do Cathe's PS. Just bought that (and 7 others using my 20% discount from buying the 2009+ calendar)

Hi all! Last night, I did Ravi Ana's Dance the Chakras... that dvd actually makes me feel so graceful and powerful. I know Lori mentioned that she likes the woo-woo factor... I love the woo-woo factor in the ravi/ana dvds.

Today, I had a morning vinyasa class, and she did some new balancing moves that really challenged me. Everyone was falling over! At least I didn't crash into anybody. : )

Good Afternoon!

This morning I did Flow Yoga with Jennifer Lynn. What a great practice! This is one I can really grow with. It had everything in it: standing balances, great arm balances, good core work, inversions (shoulderstand, headstand, forearm stand (1st time I tried forearm stand (dolphin)). She did a 3-legged pushup, updog and plank. Some interesting variations on poses.

Yesterday was kettlebells and Tuesday I did Erich Schiffmann's Lotus. He is so great at easing you into the poses. I also have his Backbends and Inversions which are great.

Delfinn - What kind of balancing moves did you do? I love Patrick too! HWC is great. I will eventually get HWC2. Have done all his step workouts except Not Your Momma's Step. His dance workouts are great too. I love watching Shiva. He has great form and is so beautiful to watch. She's also great at progressing into the tougher poses.

Waves to Everyone!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.