Yoga Lovers & Cross Trainers (week of Dec 1)

Vee

Cathlete
Sorry for disappearing. This past week has been hectic. I've barely managed to work out and have done no yoga. :(

I have been too guilty to visit last week's thread. My days were long and I just could not find the mental energy to focus on working out.

I hope everyone else has been faring better.

Sorry to hear you've been too busy to get in your yoga, Vee. Hopefully this week!

Anyway, yesterday I went to my usual Vinyasa class. I usually go on Saturdays, but was so sore from the special Friday class that I took a day off. That class was the most intense yoga class I've ever taken! Really tough.

This a.m. I did kickbutt's push pull workout... I really like this one. Kim Spreen's in it, and she's a favorite of mine.

Hope everyone has a good week.

almost forgot my yoga check in lol!

Vee- I know what you mean, that can happen to anybody, goodness knows that it has happened to me.

delfin- I have certainly had that kind of experience. Is it just me or are the people who don't do yoga always under this misconception that its not a workout? The concept of a fiery kria is not widely known outside the world of yoga.

Yesterday I did my favorite advanced yoga today workout and as always the next day I was lighter by a pound (amazing considering how my eating has been lately.) I think it must be the inversions from this workout which is designed to develop "nerves of steel" This week is another rotation from my personal intermediate rotation but modified to be indoors. This morning I did 40 minutes of hi lo with all of the high impact modifications and of course sweat up a storm. I always go through two water bottles when I workout. Thats like 32 ounces. And it seems to all come out of my pores and soak my clothing.:eek:

Good evening everyone.

I've been doing the 4DS this week. Just got this series maybe a month ago and finally got around to doing it. This morning was HIS/Chest & Back. Held my own until combo #3.:confused: Will have to go back and learn that in slo-mo.;)

Going to try to do Yoga tomorrow. I have a lot of errands and a dentist appt so I'll have to get up early on my day off.:(:mad: Haven't decided what to do yet. Maybe Mark Blanchard.

6449927_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Tuesday hello....

Vee, I have fared no better. Last week, I did OK...better than the week before but I still get off track so easily, but I'm jumping back on.

Last week I did...
Tuesday - Bodymax
Thurs - LIC
Friday - IMAX1 1-5 and Rainbeau Mars Beginners.

This week...nothing yet.
But tonight I'll do something.

Tami - I love your doggie thing
,-._,-.
\/)"(\/
(_o_)
ruff!!!!!!

Rapidbreath and delfinn - sounds like you had some great yoga sessions.

Marcy - Hip Hop battle sounds fun. I love to dance...I'm no good nor graceful. I've wanted to sign up for tap (or any dance class) but can never find one.

Jerry - good point about self acceptance...

Lori - "Are you equanimous yet?" cute story

Belinda - Hi!

Vee - looking forward to hear how much better you are faring this week! :)

Lori

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

Too busy to check in yesterday. Did Squeeze. Today was 1 chinup and the Firm Cardio Dance Fusion. First time doing this one and it was lots of fun. Kept my HR up throughout. Great for a 45 min. workout.

Plan to start using KBs (hopefully tomorrow).

Lurking Lori - Hi!

Tamrahan - Which Marks do you have? I have his Sedona series and find it very challenging.

RapidBreath - So what's your favorite advanced yoga workout? I love doing inversions. Guess I have to start doing more of them.

Vee - Hope you get in some yoga this week.

Hi Jerry! I saw in OD you took your first spin class. Congratulations! I only took one over the summer and it was intense but I was surprised I managed to get through it all without any extra rest.

Marcy

Delfinn - What kind of yoga class did you take?

This morning I did manage to get my yoga in but before I did that I did 4DS HIS warmup and combo 3 in slo-mo so I think I got that down now. Then I went on to do Mark Blanchard's Culmination.

MArcy-I have his set of 5 DVD's set in Sedona Az-beautiful scenery. I find them challenging too. I don't do them that often because they are all so long I have a hard time fitting them in because I workout in th morning and I only have 1 hour at best. I think 1 is under an hour and the other 4 are 1 to 1-1/2 hours. I don't think he cues very well is my 1st gripe. He'll say "take that arm and put it there". I'm thinking, Look you dolt I'm playing twister here with my butt up in the air, head down- I can't SEE YOU! LOL. He also says goofy things like "this is not a pushup this is a love up" and "now do a love down". :rolleyes: WTH? Annoying.

Waves to Vee, Jerry, Lori (LL), Lori (LW), Delfinn, RapidBreath and Belinda, Marcy. Did I forget anyone?
Have a great day everyone.

This morning I did manage to get my yoga in but before I did that I did 4DS HIS warmup and combo 3 in slo-mo so I think I got that down now. Then I went on to do Mark Blanchard's Culmination.

MArcy-I have his set of 5 DVD's set in Sedona Az-beautiful scenery. I find them challenging too. I don't do them that often because they are all so long I have a hard time fitting them in because I workout in th morning and I only have 1 hour at best. I think 1 is under an hour and the other 4 are 1 to 1-1/2 hours. I don't think he cues very well is my 1st gripe. He'll say "take that arm and put it there". I'm thinking, Look you dolt I'm playing twister here with my butt up in the air, head down- I can't SEE YOU! LOL. He also says goofy things like "this is not a pushup this is a love up" and "now do a love down". :rolleyes: WTH? Annoying.

Tamrahan - I have all of Mark's Sedona series except for the Stretch. I too have a hard time with longer practices (even though I love longer practices, I don't usually have the time). I don't like Mark's personality at all but love doing them because they're challenging practices. The Foundation really fried my legs good but felt the floorwork was lacking. He is really grating on the nerves. He's not one for instructing on form but once you get to know the practice, you're ready for what comes next. The longer I'm doing yoga, the less I have to look at the TV.

Congrats on getting HIS! It took me a few times too and I'm used to complex choreo.

Marcy

Wednesday Good Morning.

I did Cardio and Weights yesterday. Today I plan to do some form of cardio (maybe jump rope, a jog or a walk) and Rainbeau Mars Pure Sweat. I hope I get some more dvd's for xmas. I need to try some of the downloads posted on the first week's thread.

Tami - way to go getting your yoga in yesterday!
Marcy - chin ups, huh? You are my hero...I couldn't even do 1/2 or 1/4 or 1/10 of a chin up...maybe some day. Good going.

Vee, Jerry, Lori (LW), Delfinn, RapidBreath and Belinda - Looking forward to hearing from you. :D

Take care, Lori

Hi ladies,

the last few days has been busy! Monday was my 25th wedding
Anniversary! I also started FF's Dec. roatation, I really enjoy it!
I did my workouts,for this week, but no yoga!:mad:

Today I did 4DS LIS + Shoulders + Yoga Zone " Total Body Coditioning"! :p I am glad I am done!

Tonight I will go to a x-mas party! I still have to make my dough for my "Butternut Squash Tortellini with Brown Butter Sauce" .:p:p

Have a great day and workout!

my favorite yoga workout

I think is not posted on the website anymore. It was called "Nerves of Steel" with Sarah Kline. I saved it on my computer, it had been a video podcast. The spinal flexing(camel ride) and the shoulder stand really seem helpful to my body.

Last night I did not do yoga, I went with my Leslie Sansone 3 mile walk with weights instead. I can do Leslie without my brain present lol! But yoga requires concentration. This AM its Taebo/kick it which are old vhs tapes one my mother found and I found the taebo at the library for 50 cents.

Hey Everyone!

Good to see you guys. I haven't practiced yoga for the past 2 days, so I'm really looking forward to a bit of time today. We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow later ~ I may have to search for my equanimity while shoveling. :p Lori, your mention of Rainbeau has given me the urge to pick up one of her DVDs at my library.

Today was GS Legs and a little 4DS LIS (very little...the legs weren't havin' it).

Bayerngirl, have fun at your party! :eek:

The rest of you guys, have a great day!

Hi everyone. Thought I'd pop in for a second.
Today I tool the day off. Wednesdays are my Sunday.
This upcoming week I think I'll be doing Amy Bento's SLO-MO.
I'll check back later this week.
Happy Holidays.

Hi Everyone!

Did Push Pull today and 2 chins.

I'll be doing yoga tomorrow but haven't decided which one.

I'm going to start doing KBs on Friday.

Bayerngirl - Happy Belated Anniversary! 25 years is a real accomplishment. Enjoy your party.

Have a great evening!

Marcy

Waves shoulder-fried arms to Vee, Jerry, Tami, Lori, Lori, Rapidbreath, and Belinda.

I've been in a challenging-myself mood. So yesterday I did the first half of Christie's Step Heaven, followed by Ravi & Ana's Total Stretch. This a.m., I lost my mind and did back-to-back yoga classes: 1 hour of Vinyasa and 1 and fifteen mins of Astanga. I feel like jello now! My wonderful instructor gave all of us special bath salts at the end. I haven't taken a bath in, probably, years... but I'll need one tonight!!!!

RapidBreath, I've been curious about those Leslie dvds. Is the intensity comparable to a Christie step workout? And Jerry, I also congratulate you on doing a spin class. I've done a few and find them to be killers!!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Good Afternoon All!

I did Deb Dobbins' Spirit of Vinyasa Flow today. Really good practice (I did the 2nd practice on the DVD - 71 mins. filmed outside). This is done via voiceover. It has no shoulderstand, arm balances or core work but it was a great practice nonetheless. I felt really open in my hips after this. She does quite a few balancing poses - half moon, warrior 3, big toe pose to the front, royal dancer's pose. She also does headstand in this one with a few leg variations. Managed to do headstand for a few seconds.

Delfinn - Kudos to you for back-to-back yoga classes:)!

Tamrahan - Did you know Mark Blanchard has a new set out for presale? It's 4 practices for $49.99 plus $7.00 shipping. They look pretty intense and have some great arm balances. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.truepoweryoga.com/

Waves to Vee, Jerry, Rapidbreath, Belinda and Lori!

Have a great day!

Waves to Vee, Jerry, Lori, Lori, RapidBreath, Marcy, and Belinda.

Marcy, those new Mark Blanchard dvds look pretty awesome. I do so many live classes that I don't do many dvds (other than the ravi/ana ones), but I like the fact that the NFL guy is in one of them!

Anway, after my back-to-back yoga classes yesterday, my upper back, chest, and lats are pretty sore today. Tonight I think I might do some kickboxing (maybe KPC), then close with a ravi/ana... or maybe Rainbeau Mars' Dusk.

I also felt compelled to respond to the yoga thread over in OD. What can I say? I love my yoga!

Namaste, everyone!!!

Back-to-back yoga classes?! Whew! I'm amazed you can type. :eek:

I did a cardio premix of BM2. Last night's yoga was on our balcony (it was the only quiet spot) at 9:30pm. It was a little odd but kinda cool, especially when I would look up and see the Winter night sky out our living room window. I must have looked strange lying in Savasana in front of our hallway bathroom. :p

Its early on Saturday morning

and I'm dressed ready for Low Max. My left heel was bothering me a little but I'm sure it will be better after my wo As for yoga I plan on doing an hour later today. Maybe a different class off of yoga today dot com. For a second there yesterday it looked like my arms were a little slimmer and I'm sure thats a combination of yoga and Cathe. Isn't it nice when a little progress is the motivation to get a little more progress? :D

Hi Everyone!

Did Push Pull today and 2 chins.

I'll be doing yoga tomorrow but haven't decided which one.

I'm going to start doing KBs on Friday.

Bayerngirl - Happy Belated Anniversary! 25 years is a real accomplishment. Enjoy your party.

Have a great evening!

Marcy

Thank you, Marcy!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.