Yet another tech ? for Vee

Hi Vee, I don't know if this is within your relm of knowledge. I use my laptop in my workout room to play my Cathe DVD's. My IMAX2 and Cardio & Weights DVD did play on the laptop at one point. Now the laptop doesn't read that disk. It is still reading other Cathe DVDs. However, I was able to play the IMAX2/C&W on my dvd player in my living room. Do you have any advice or ideas on how to get my beloved IMAX2/C&W workout so I can play it on my laptop?

Also, I plan to rip my DVD's to Itunes so I can start creating my own premixes. If my laptop cannot read my favorite (IMAX2/C&W) dvd, will I be able to use the Slysoft software to download/rip it?

Thanks,
Lori

Hi Lori,

Been a long time! I hope you are doing well.

Problem 1: IMAX2 DVD wont play anomre on the laptop:
The first thing I can think of is that the IMAX2 needs a specific codec that somehow got deleted/overwritten on your computer. I could be wrong. Would you mind trying this for me and letting me know if it works:

a. Go to this site: http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb
b. Download and install VideoInspector
c. Put in the DVD, and start VideoInspector. Browse to and select each file in the VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD drive one at a time in VideoInspector (click on the Browse button and select each file one at a time) and see if VideoInspector can assess why it wont play.

If VideoInspector points you towards downloading and installing a missing codec, go ahead and follow the instructions.

This will work only for a Windows laptop, so if you use a Mac let me know.

If this does not work, let me know too.

For a more detailed explanation of why I suggest VideoInspector, look here: http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/10/when-video-files-wont-play-on-your.html

Problem 2: How to rip IMAX 2 DVD if it wont play - will Slysoft software help?
It may not. It is better to get the DVD to play first. This should be achievable because your laptop plays other DVDs - so the laptop is OK. The DVD plays in other players so the DVD is OK. It just means we have to troubleshoot why this specific DVD wont work anymore on your laptop.

It may be worth a shot to download and install DVDShrink and see if it can "Read" the IMAX2 DVD, before spending any money on Slysoft.

Let me know if VideoInspector does not work or if you need clarifications.

Vrinda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.