XTrain packaging

tlc93

Cathlete
Is anyone else having problems w/ the Xtrain dvd case? I got the whole series, so all the dvd's are in the one thick case. The individual dvd holders keep coming off, pieces are breaking etc. I called customer service about it and they said the packages are from a company in California, so they couldn't help me.

Is it just me? :mad:

I haven't had trouble with the Xtrain packaging yet, but I constantly have problems with the LIS, which is packaged in the same manner.
I much prefer the individual cases, which surly cost more, but when I glance up at my dvd spines I like to SEE what I have, instead of trying to remember which dvd's are contained inside the cases.

Nope not just you....same here....I have pieces that have broken off and now the pieces won't stick in properly, so it's kind of annoying trying to close it sometimes:(

I prefer the individual cases as well. No issues yet with the large case but I also like to see what dvds I have.

I much prefer individual cases too! Is there anyplace I can get them? BUT...then I would need the title cover page that slips in between the case and plastic covering. UGH!!!! Frustrating. I'm worried that eventually the dvd's will get damaged simply because of the packaging.

Any ideas?

My case is okay...so far :confused: My brother in law gave the Star Wars series DVDs to my son and he bought the generic cases somewhere (maybe a place like Office Depot) then he made copies of the pictures from the original DVD cases, cut them out and slipped them in the cover of the case. You may be able to find the cover art for each of the XTrain workouts, make copies and do something similar. I'm sorry some of you are having issues with breaking. I'd be afraid to keep my DVD's in broken cases too in fear of them getting scratched. Definitely let customer service know so they might look into another type of case.

Mine is fine...I try to handle it delicately, not with much effort though.

If many are having issue with the packaging, the issue need to be addressed to customer service:):)

Sorry to hear about the issue:cool:

I also prefer the individual cases, because I keep strength training DVDs in my basement and cardio upstairs. What I did was save up individual cases (e.g., from products like Turbotax), but you can also find them at Staples or online at Amazon. Then I googled the titles of the workouts (Turbobarre, athletic training, etc.), checked Google images, and was surprised to find that somebody had scanned the covers and put them on line. All I had to do was print them, cut them down, and put them inside the clear plastic case cover. The best part is that I got the additional info you get on the back cover of an individual DVD! The downside is that the back side is upside down. Oh, and I had to creat my own labels for the spines, but I just used a label maker for that. Hmmm...this was a while ago, but now that I'm thinking about it, it might have had to print the front cover and back cover separately and then tape them together, which is why I made the spine label with my label maker. I haven't done this since I got the LIS set, so I can't really remember. Anyway, if you have a few extra cases and a color printer, it only takes a few minutes.

Yes, my XT case broke---I didn't like it from the get go, regardless. I ended up having to buy individual cases from Office Deport. I hope future series are released in individual cases, don't mind paying a few bucks extra for something durable that will protect the disk better.

Hey Swimmer!!! What did you do for the cover page? I would be willing to pay Cathe for individual cases! That's how frustrated I am. I really, REALLY don't like this package. I don't blame anyone, I know things happen. Still Love the workouts tho.

Hey Swimmer!!! What did you do for the cover page? I would be willing to pay Cathe for individual cases! That's how frustrated I am. I really, REALLY don't like this package. I don't blame anyone, I know things happen. Still Love the workouts tho.

If you read my post above swimmer's you can see how to make one that looks just like the original.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.