XTrain description? Can you guide me to it, please?

tricia

Cathlete
Hi SNM/Cathletes,

I have been lurking around trying to find the description for the new series, and I keep finding the "Free Shipping" info, but not the description for the series. Can you guide me in the right direction? Also, on the scale of totally ridiculous inquiries - how do we pronounce this: X - Train, or is the X supposed to be used for "Cross-Train"? I know, it's a silly, frivolous question, but inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to finding out what all will be included in this series!!

Tricia

Tricia-

Your email made me laugh, because earlier today I realized that in my head when i read "xtrain" I pronounce it "ex-train," although I imagine it's intended to be pronounced cross train. I made a metal note to start calling it cross train, but in reading your message I still was calling it ex-train in my head right through to your question about how it's pronounced!

Maybe somebody who went to the road trip knows for certain? Or maybe I'm already too far gone to change? Like folks who grew up pronouncing "nuclear" new-cue-ler and keep doing it into adulthood.

katrina_lynn said:
At the road trip Cathe pronounced it ex-train. I was wondering the same thing myself before I heard her say it!

Which makes sense in light of the previous series Cross Train Express.

Trixoo-- are those your cats? the grey one looks so much like an exotic i once had named maurice. they are adorable! just had to post!

and good to know the pronunciation, as i wondered the same thing!!

Thank You for the link (and the pronunciation!)

SNM - thank you for that link, I'm so excited now to go check these out!

And thank you for letting us know (I'm so glad I wasn't alone!) how Cathe pronounces it - that was one of those things that would just bother me no end!
I did consider that it would perhaps cause confusion with the previous Cross Train Express, but wondered if the format would be different and not quite an "Express" workout - can you see I put way too much thought into this?!!

BTW - I love the cats, they are adorable. :) I wish we could have some, but with a Doberman and a Boxer, I would fear for their lives.

I'm off to check out that link now - WOOHOO!!

Awwww...I'm so glad you like my kitties! Their names a Boo and Trixie (the inspiration for my forum name). Neither is exotic as far as I know. Boo, the dark cat, was found abandoned in a ditch in the country, Trixie was born to a feral cat in a garage in Detroit. Although they come from different worlds, they're quite the lovebirds, as you can see from the photo.

For a long time I couldn't figure out how to post a photo of myself for my avatar, and 99.9% of the time I'm reading this on a mobile device so I just figured that option was only available when using the fuller computer version of the forum Then one day I tapped something and voila, I could use any photo from my photo library for my avatar. Great, except I've never taken any pictures of myself with this thing! OTOH, I have approximately 10,000 photos of my fur babies (they're always laying around, snuggling each other and looking cute...I just can't resist), so I figured that's what I would use instead, especially since I named myself after them. :)

Thank you for your kind words!

That made me laugh. I know I'm already "too far gone". To me it's been "ex-train" from the get go! Once you get that image/voice in your head, there's no shaking it!

Clare

Trixoo-- that is so wonderful that they are both rescues! i love hearing stories like that, and i, too, am an animal lover:). that's our dog "bugsy" in my pic with my kids. we also have a little brussels griffon named "henri" who is getting pretty old-- 13 now, and a sweet old cat named "riley". your kitties are adorable.

katied said:
Trixoo-- that is so wonderful that they are both rescues! i love hearing stories like that, and i, too, am an animal lover:). that's our dog "bugsy" in my pic with my kids. we also have a little brussels griffon named "henri" who is getting pretty old-- 13 now, and a sweet old cat named "riley". your kitties are adorable.

Oh your dog's so cute! I'd love to add a dog to our house, but I worry about how it would affect Boo and Trixie. I would hate to upset the good thing we've got going. But if I do, it will be a rescue, too. :)

Here's to our furry babies!

Katied,

I had to reply when I saw your post - I had a Boxer/Lab mix named Bugsy for close to 15 years, and he was my first "baby" before I had my babies. What a sweet boy he was and I miss him every day, even though I have two different puppy-boys now. Isn't it amazing how much they become a part of our lives? Your post made me smile, as did the picture of your own sweet "Bugsy", what a pretty boy he is!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.