Xtrain Bi's & Tri's + 100RC Tricep Extensions

mini-natty

Cathlete
Xtrain Bi's & Tri's
Awesome workout packing an effective punch in 40min :eek:. It's like Cathe took the best exercises from STS and combined them. My most favorite exercise (I'm so happy Cathe included them), is bicep curls and tricep kickbacks w/tubing. The change in tempo along with the resistance of the band creates a burn like no other. In this workout, you alternate muscle groups. I will be honest, I'm not particularly a fan of alternating, but I actually liked it. I was spot on with my weight selections about 95% of the time. It really helps to have Cathe's weight #'s as a guide (love this feature!). That woman is THE CHAMP of tri's & bi's :eek:. Also, make sure to have all equipment ready as this workout moves FAST.
100RC Tricep Extensions
I just want to point out that my triceps are the weaklings of my muscle groups. Here's hoping the 100RC's changes that. Anyway, I used 3lbs, however if I had 2lbs, that would have been sufficient :eek:. At one point during my, oh, 70th rep, I could not continue. My muscles were so damn hot I swear you could have fried an egg on them. Cathe actually points out that your muscles should be hot to the touch, and oh were they ever! These challenges are not for the faint of heart :eek:. Love Cedie BTW. Her form is spot-on.

So that's it, that's all. I hope you all enjoy this workout as much as I did :)

Natasha

I did this one this morning as well. My arms are still shaking. I added the bicep 100 rep challenge, I totally chose the wrong weight, should've gone heavier...I basically did 100 reps straight through with a 15# barbell. I knew that once Cathe said that Marlo was curling 25# that I was not getting an effective burn, so I added the tricep lying extensions. I used 8#, easily got to 100, but arms were on fire.

I love alternating Biceps and triceps, it's a great way to train your arms, especially in a shorter amount of time.

I did Bi's and Tri's on Tuesday + Bicep 100 rep challenge. Surpisingly it is my triceps that are STILL horribly sore! Biceps? not at all. I used a 25# barbell like Marlo and my biceps felt burned out for hours afterward, but surprisingly, no bicep DOMS. Triceps, however--OUCH! Next week when I do Burn Set Bi's and Tri's I'm adding on the Tricep 100 Rep Challenge--I'm a little afraid!

I am schedualed to do this tomorrow! Im sore in my bicep stil and all i did was chest back shoulders, then i did cardio leg blast yesterday. I dont know y my right bicep is sore. I hope ill b ready for it tomorrow. Hardstrikes is up today .. I already did this one once i couldnt wait, so i am happy i am to do it again

Oh my :eek:. 8lbs dumbbell's for tricep extensions :eek:. 25lbs barbell :eek:. I am not worthy you guys :eek:. Seriously, you ladies are awesome. Very motivational :).

I forgot to add that I'm feeling severe DOMS in both my tri's & bi's, and it's not even 24hrs afterwards :eek:. I've been very impressed with Xtrain so far. This series is :eek::eek::eek: A++++++.

I'm planning to do this one tonight - starting my rotation today (XTrain/Low Impact 90 Day), but switching up the Bi/Tris with the Chest/Back/Shoulders as I did something to my back last week and it's just now feeling almost better and I don't want to chance it.
Looking forward to this one!

Woo Hoo...you be the warrior!!!!

Xtrain Bi's & Tri's
Awesome workout packing an effective punch in 40min :eek:. It's like Cathe took the best exercises from STS and combined them. My most favorite exercise (I'm so happy Cathe included them), is bicep curls and tricep kickbacks w/tubing. The change in tempo along with the resistance of the band creates a burn like no other. In this workout, you alternate muscle groups. I will be honest, I'm not particularly a fan of alternating, but I actually liked it. I was spot on with my weight selections about 95% of the time. It really helps to have Cathe's weight #'s as a guide (love this feature!). That woman is THE CHAMP of tri's & bi's :eek:. Also, make sure to have all equipment ready as this workout moves FAST.
100RC Tricep Extensions
I just want to point out that my triceps are the weaklings of my muscle groups. Here's hoping the 100RC's changes that. Anyway, I used 3lbs, however if I had 2lbs, that would have been sufficient :eek:. At one point during my, oh, 70th rep, I could not continue. My muscles were so damn hot I swear you could have fried an egg on them. Cathe actually points out that your muscles should be hot to the touch, and oh were they ever! These challenges are not for the faint of heart :eek:. Love Cedie BTW. Her form is spot-on.

So that's it, that's all. I hope you all enjoy this workout as much as I did :)

Natasha

I did this one yesterday-without any add ons and feel it today! I liked that it used the ball, didn't take too many sets of dumbbells, and alternated for 9 rounds. Loved it! Can't try another new dvd till Saturday, but I'm definitely loving the series so far.

I did this workout this morning with both challenges. I don't think my muscles have ever felt this way before! Awesome!

Did this last night and I feel fine today - except for the fact that I retweaked my back (possibly unpacking groceries). My arms are fine, but my back I can hardly move - couldn't sleep all night. sigh (I don't get DOMS as much generally, so not a big surprise.)

The first exercise in burn sets bis and tris is standing DB curls. I noticed on the first set Cathe uses 20lbs. She then says she is going down in weight after the first set. The second and third sets she uses 15lbs. But, at the bottom of the screen it says Cathe's weight is 20lbs. for the second and third sets. The guide also says this. I thought I would mention this for those who like to use Cathe's weights as a guide during the workout. :)

Those triceps pushups at the beginning really pre fatigue the muscle. Makes the rest of the exercises much more challenging, so watch out!

The first exercise in burn sets bis and tris is standing DB curls. I noticed on the first set Cathe uses 20lbs. She then says she is going down in weight after the first set. The second and third sets she uses 15lbs. But, at the bottom of the screen it says Cathe's weight is 20lbs. for the second and third sets. The guide also says this. I thought I would mention this for those who like to use Cathe's weights as a guide during the workout. :)

I didn't notice that. I just took note of the numbers at the bottom of the screen. I used 20 for all 3 sets and I was so impressed that she used 25 for the first set. I was thinking that should be my goal--to curl 25 by the end of the 90 days. It's still my goal. Like benching two 35 pound dumbbells. :confused: Another goal. I impressed myself by doing 30 pound dumbbells on Burn Sets--and struggling every time to get out that 10th rep. My chest was so sore this week. Love that workout!

I didn't notice that. I just took note of the numbers at the bottom of the screen. I used 20 for all 3 sets and I was so impressed that she used 25 for the first set. I was thinking that should be my goal--to curl 25 by the end of the 90 days. It's still my goal. Like benching two 35 pound dumbbells. :confused: Another goal. I impressed myself by doing 30 pound dumbbells on Burn Sets--and struggling every time to get out that 10th rep. My chest was so sore this week. Love that workout!

I checked the DVD again and Cathe does use 20lb. DBs for the first set and then 15lb. DBs for the next two sets of standing DB curls in burn sets. I like to use Cathe's weights as my goals too, so those weights are definitely within my reach. Al is using 25lb. DBs and he looks like he's working hard for every rep. I would like to curl 20lbs. for each set like you did. :) If you get to your goal of using 25lbs., I will be very impressed. The burn sets workouts are great, if you like instant muscle soreness. :) I have had a terribly sore chest for days and I only used 25lb. DBs.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.