Xmas - Anyone feel like helping me be creative?

I thought of doing a 12 days of Christmas for my SO. I know that technically it's suppose to start on the 26th of Dec., but I was going to start on the 14th of December and end on the 25th. I tried an internet search on 12 days of Christmas gift ideas and really haven't had much luck.

His big gift is going to be a kayak and the second biggest is a charcoal sketch of our greyhounds...so I am tring to figure out how to incoporate these into 11th day (for the sketch) and 12th day (for the kayak)... maybe the kayak will be 12 ft long, that could work.

A little about him...he drinks beer, and Gentleman Jack (Jack Daniels) and coke, he will on occassion smoke a cigar, he plays softball, does some trail riding on his bike, he works out at home on his recumbent bike and does some weight lifting with dumbells, he likes fishing, but really doesn't have the opportunity to go that often...

So, you guys are always so creative...anyone have any ideas for days 1-10? TIA!!!!!!

Amy

How much are you looking to spend daily on days 1-10?

You can do lots with beer:
Beer of the month club (they also have cigar clubs) - http://www.greatclubs.com/beerofthemonthclub/
Get a variety 12-pack from a local micro-brewery (I love these!)
Some proper pub glasses - http://www.pubglasses.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BST

Cardio Coach or iTrain workouts for using with his recumbent bike (I use them with mine).

How about a donation to a Greyhound rescue in you SO's name?

Thanks soooo much Gayle...I was thinking 6 cans/bottles of mix and match imported beer (six pack) for the 6th day...I LOVE the donation idea I am definitely gonna factor that one in! As far as $'s, nothing crazy...I mean I love him and all, but I ain't spendin' $500 a day on him :p The kayak is gonna run a good chunk of change, so the rest I really just wanted to be witty. I am not opposed to cheapo gifts! Was thinking bout maybe a 1 hour massage for day 1, he loves New Balance socks, so for day 2 I was gonna get him a pair (2 socks) of those, 6 pack of beer for day 6, cooking him a (10 oz.) steak dinner for day 10, the sketch is 11 x 8 1/2 for day 11, kayak for day 12...things will come to me I am sure...

I really appreciate the ideas!!!!!

You are so nice to your SO - since he plays softball, he probably enjoys watching baseball too. Since there are 9 players on a team, maybe you could get him tickets to see a local minor league or professional team?

Thanks Lori Ann! He really is special and deserves really deserves it! Tix to a game are a great idea. He's a huge Indian fan, unfortunately we live about 12 hours from Cleveland. I had toyed w/ the idea of going to a game there sometime for his b-day! We do have a minor league team here, so that's a great idea! I am off to check their website! Thanks again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.