Xers....Simply Saturday, January 19, 2008

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Classic/ Week 9/ Day 6/ KenpoX (subbing with Amy's KEx).

Eeeeer, hello? Ah, did you all plan the retreat for this weekend and forget to tell me? Is that what's really going on at that cabin in West Virginia? I'll read yesterday's posts and be back in a minute.

I'm doing Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme today.

Sandra

Back again!

In one of the STS forum posts, Cathe says that too much cardio with heavy weight training will make your muscles appear "flat." What does that mean?

Laurie....I missed your post yesterday. It's cold where you are these days. I don't blame you for wanting to stay inside. Doing BB, ARX, and a 30min run doesn't appear much like a 'wimpy' workout to me! How annoying that you didn't find your glasses. You asked the other day about me and shellfish. In general, my family did not eat fish hardly at all, and when Mom did attempt to make it, it never went over very well. In the last 15 years I've branched out and experimented with it, and found ways to cook it that I enjoy. But I've never managed to get past the slimey insect-of-the-sea perception of shellfish. It has nothing to do with the taste, because I've never tasted most of it! I made the Mediterranean Shrimp the other nights, and loved it. I truly did. Not only will this recipe be on our menu once a week, I'm going to start adding shrimp recipes to our family menu. The daughters weren't so keen on it, but DH ate his portion and said it was pretty good. So, I'm thrilled that we sucked it up and gave it a try.

Nicole....Yay!!! You ordered STS!! I have 64 people ahead of me, but you'll still be done your first mesocycle before I receive mine. What's one of the recipes you're making from the magazine?

Oops. I've gotta go stir together the spicy chinese noodles that I'm having for lunch today. I'll be back in a bit.

Sandra

Hi all,

No Sandra, we didn't ruin Debra's fun and go with her! (and if we had planned that, surely you would have been invited)!

I'll be doing Amy's KBX today too, and some yoga a little later. I need to plan the rest of my recovery week, and I'll post it a little later.

Kim - I think the yoga x is planned after the upper workout to add on a layer of fatigue. It works doesn't it? Things at work aren't always so difficult. We have a couple of kids who have some major behavior issues and they seem to be magnified at the middle school level because of hormones and the completely different environment as compared to elementary school. Then 2 of the 3 parents are just evil, so it compounds the problems.

Jeanette - I think you will be much more satisfied with your biking this season since you are adding in the legs. The spinning may be difficult today, but it is good to shock the legs and get them used to working harder. Cathe usually rotates hard cardio the day before a leg workout, then hard cardio the day after, then legs and cardio the same day. Once you get going on the leg work, that will be something to consider as you fine tune your program. I find legs and cardio on the same day the easiest, but the next day, depending on how hard I worked, can be difficult and I usually take a complete leg rest. I'm going to Costco today too. I think I'll ask DH if he wants to go. He probably won't, he has no idea what a Costco trip is like.

Traci - Where are you?

I'll be back later. I'm going to make waffles for DH.

Tracy

Sandra you always crack me up! We would NEVER desert you! Heck- you hold the whip! We LUV Sarge Sandra!}(
Glad you're adding in some seafood...its so heart healthy! Is shrimp expensive there? Its one of the pricier items for us even tho we catch it in the gulf.... The only thing we cant catch in the warm waters of the gulf is Salmon- my fav but REALLY pricey here... I usually only do it 3x a year as DH doesnt like it at all. ~~ Yes Wendell is trying hard to keep busy already- Thtas a good thing as we have lots of household projects that accumulate quickly when he does bay weekends year 'round.

Well today is APX Full Body & I'm READY:7 Slept well, woke up without aches & pains (well at least less than usual at my age;-) )& I am ready to pump it up!
My client last night had the biggest pump after upper body- she was doing some Slow & Heavy (mine not Cathe's;-) ) We both looked in the mirror at the same time & shrieked! It was too fun! ~~ DH came by & said HI to her (he's gotten to know her too) & said "HOLLY, I APOLOGIZE. I NOW KNOW WHAT MY WIFE PUTS YOU THRU EVERY WEEK. YOU'RE A BETTER MAN THAN I" I thought that was too cute! I was shocked he'd admit to anyone that his wife made his muscles sore! }(

I'll be back after workout to catch up with all- Ya think Deb will give us a shout out? NOT!:+ Wendys off to 3rd world country to recue babies, someone else is traveling- oh my brain isnt awake... Well I guess if they're traveling they wont know I forgot.:7

Happy morning to all - I shall return!!!

TRACY
I'm here!!!:+ We were having a simultanious moment;-)
Big KB day in X-Land!!! I'm glad you both are using it to cross train. Looking forwaedd to seeing your recovery week.... I bet its a good one as usual! I was thinking last night about STS Recovery week... Cathe is having us do it after 4 weeks of lifting ( i like that) and I wonder if it will be simialar to X with actual recovery based workouts or if its a more do it yourself week... Will be interesting to see the kinds of results we'll get since we have all been thru at least 1 solid round now.
Have a great day & be careful if ya go to Costco on a weekend!;-)

Traci, Tracy, Phew! Wonderful to see you both! My world always feels askew if I don't see either of you first thing. I'm going to come back later to finish up with personals. Today's our busy Saturday, and I've just spent my time making lunches and breakfast for the family. If I don't start my workout really soon, I won't have time to do it.

Tracy, Have fun with KBEx! When I previewed yesterday, it looked like a sweatfest, for sure.

Traci, You're doing some Amy today too, I see! Hmmm, maybe we're on the wrong forums? ;) I think Christiane is the other traveller you're thinking of? I'd forgotten Wendy left yesterday. I have a feeling exercise and chatting has become a lower priority in her life, and we might not be seeing her face too regularly anymore. Ah, why do things have to change?

Have great workouts, everyone!
Sandra

My, my, everyone seems almost giddy today:D I was getting a giggle out of the posts:)

My BFF and I went to grab a quick bite yesterday which is always fun. It's great to have someone around that you get along so well with. I told her she was worth the 30 year wait it took me to find her:) We're so alike that it's scary:p

I have to clean today, are you shocked?;) I am going to do Kenpo in the afternoon so I can get a head start on some chores. I think the thought of them is worse than doing them so I'll start right now.

I'll post a couple of the Oxygen recipes a bit later too. Some of them look really yummy:9

Traci-X, Go easy on Wendell! Nah, kick his butt:D Oh I know, make him do Abs/Core Plus when your chin up bar comes}( LOL, I'm glad he has a repertoire with your clients:)

Tracy, Have fun kicking butt! At least you get to follow it up with some relaxing yoga:) Can't wait to see what you have planned for your recovery week!

Sandra, Yes, I guess I'm lucky on that I paid the extra money for expedited shipping. I figure I should get them within a few days of the rest of the gang. It's just crazy how fast she can sell workouts!

Jeanette, Hope you're having fun at Cabela's and Costco! Both are dangerous places to be unless you have money to spare:)

Hi Kim, Laurie, Christiane, Swifty, Latrese, Debra(off having fun), Wendy(finding kids that need her love), Carol and Lea!

Off to clean:p

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hi all,

KBX is done and it's another good cardio challenge. I like the whole thing, but I really like the last combo and challenge. Then I did a little core work. I'm going to run some errands before I do the yoga later. I have off Monday for the holiday, so I have a nice 3 day weekend.

Nicole - I hear you on cooking the same stuff over and over. I was on an Italian kick this week and they have lasagne, spaghetti, and pizza. I probably fix variations of the same 10-15 meals. I may try something new this weekend:) I'm not doing much cleaning today and it's not because it really doesn't need it. I just don't feel like it.

Traci - You are doing Amy's APX? Which mix did you do? I haven't done the leg work, but enjoy the upper for a nice change of pace. Did you get the nasty weather?

Sandra - I'm waiting for your review. Did you do the whole thing?

Tracy

Tracy, Lucky you! The boys are off next Friday so they have to go to school on Monday:( I'm pretty sure we're the only school in the county that will be at school. That's alright, less traffic.

Here are two of the recipes I will be using regularly:

Sauteed Cinnamon Pear Dessert

2 unpeeled pears, sliced
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp, non-hydrogenated margarine like Earth Balance
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

In a large bowl, toss pears with lemon juice and set aside. Add margarine to a skillet, and place over medium heat to melt. Stir in honey and vanilla. Add pears, and stir to coat pears. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover and cook for two to three minutes, stirring once. Serve hot.

Fiesta White Scramble

1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small tomato, seeded and chopped
1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed, dried and chopped
4 egg whites
Salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. Add onions, pepper, tomato and spinach and saute for 3 minutes or until veggies are soft. Make a well in the center of the veggies and add the eggs. Keeping eggs in the center of the well, stir quickly until egg whites are scrambled. Mix the cooked veggies into the scrambled eggs. Season with salt and pepper, then serve.

Hope you all enjoy. These are just easy everyday recipes which I think are more practical than harder to make foods.

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 4
Workout: Some type of Yoga

Just a quick one for right now, I need to get to the grocery store before my sister shows up at 1pm. We are going to make my niece a cowgirl outfit for her b'day. She LOVES horses, so that is the reason for the outfit. Didn't go shopping last night, it just was too cold, and I am not looking forward to going to the grocery store right now.

Really a cold one this morning, I don't know what the temp was. My eyelashes where sticking together by the time Cami and I got home from our walk. I have my old glasses (with wrong perscirption), but at least I'm able to see signs (somewhat) before I get to them. :D Have an appointment next week to get a check.

This morning I made the family some ww buttermilk pancakes. My oldest DD requested that we start eating healthier. The pancakes where a hit. I'm glad my DD's are finally at an age that they will at least try something before turning their noses up at it.

Sandra, I am a big fan of seafood, and I think kids take time to like it. My oldest will eat shrimp cooked, and youngest really likes it prepared any way. Scallops can be slimy, and you really truly have to like seafood to enjoy them. Of course they are my favorites. :9 Glad you where able to enjoy the shrimp, and I will have to check out that recipe.

Tracy, Ok now I have your thumbs up, so all I need is Sandras to break down and buy this workout. If you both enjoy it then it probably is a go for me too. :D

Nicole, it is really a kb day for everyone around here, maybe I should add a little bit onto my yoga. :D Have fun cleaning, because that is something that the rest of them are doing while I go have fun at the store. Hmmm I wonder which is the job that I hate the most. Cleaning would be the worst! :7 I'm going to be trying out the Turkey Meatloaf from the Clean Eating mag. My family is very good about being test cases for me. :D After they have taken a bite and given their nay or ok's, then I tell them they are healthy. This morning they noticed that the ww flour was in the pancakes. I told them try first, and then tell me you don't like them. :7

Have a great day, I'm off the the store.

Laurie

Hi all,

I wasn't going to stop by again, but I went online to pay a property tax bill and they wanted a 38$ surcharge. I'm like WTF? I'll just put it in the mail. This online stuff is really becoming a money making thing for banks etc.

Nicole - Thanks for posting the recipes. I do an egg thing similar to that, but without the spinach. I bought a huge bag of spinach last week and made a green smoothie and haven't been able to eat any since. We were in school the last holiday when everyone was out. We had been out the week before because they use the schools for voting. There's really no rhyme or reason to how they justify what days we have off.

Laurie - It's supposed to be really cold here tomorrow. I am trying to get my family to eat more ww flour. DH tolerates it, but the kids are finally ok. Unfortunately I ran out and made white pizza last night, which just reminds them that the white dough really is pretty good. I cook so low fat that when they come across something made with even a reasonable amount of butter or fat they don't like it. I guess I've trained their taste buds well.

I guess I'm going to brave Costco. I usually don't go on Saturday.

Tracy

Classic/Week 3/Day 5/ Legs & Back & ARX

Almost to my first recovery week!

Jeanette-I'm glad that you got your new laptop! Listening to some of you post sitting in your bedrooms, etc is making me want a laptop. LOL I think I would maybe post more. The days I work out after supper then get kiddos into bed it's after 9 pm. I often don't feel like coming down to the cold basement to go on the computer. Sounds like you had a good leg workout if you got some sore legs going on today. You must have strong legs from all the cycling you do So what does your spinning group do, do you have a leader that leads the group? Have fun at Costco

The marathon is held on Father's Day in June every year. I'm definitly leading towards the half marathon. I've done one full marathon and 2 half marathons. A coworker really wants me to do the full with her but I know what the time commitment is and don't know if I want to do that again. i also know that I will be out of town for work the week before and come home the day before the race so I don't think the timing is great.

Sandra- DH was just saying the other day that we should try eating more fish. My mom rarely cooked fish when growing up and I've never done it much either. Traci- salmon is my favourite too but DH doensn't like it much so I often order it when we eat out. If anyone has any suggestions on how to cook fish I would appreciate it because I've rarely done it.
Where are you buying your workout videos since CK Sales closed?

Tracy - Sounds like you enjoyed the new Amy workout. I don't have any of her workouts. I have probably close to 150 workout videos but none of hers, maybe I should invest in some? I also was checking out the P90X+ workouts Too many workouts and not enough time. You know I might be able to handle the kids you work with but it's the parent s I would have a hard time with. I occasionally think of switching to pediatrics but I would have so much too learn. What holiday do you all on Monday, is it MLK day?

Nicole Is the house clean yet? I did some CleanMax this morning since I spent my Friday on the school field trip instead of doing the house stuff.

Laurie- That's great that your kids are asking for healthy eating! What ages are they again?

Took dd and ds to swimming lessons this morning. DD loves swimming but ds was asking to quit again. I come from a real swimming family where we always had a boat/cottage and did lots of waterskiing etc. I use to scuba dive and work as a swim teacher/ lifeguard. DH does not swim at all and doesn't really enjoy it much.I don't want to push ds to do something if he doesn't like it but I don't want he to regret quitting when he grows up. I know that it's hard to learn as an adult. Do you think I should let him quit or make him go another few years till he's a litte stronger in the water? Kim

I just finished my workout and I'm glad it's done. Next stop, recovery week:D

Kim, JMO, If DS learns to quit when the going gets tough he'll be programmed to think that's how things work. Just let him know that he'll swim till a given time and if at the end of that time he doesn't like it he try something else. Another thought is that boys love to emulate their fathers and I know that factors in for my own boys. Maybe have your DH encourage him in his swimming and back you up on DS sticking with it. Maybe even your dad could encourage him in it. Ok, off my soap box:) I wish the cleaning was done:p I'm in laundry hell right now. I don't mind washing and folding it, it's the putting it away that stinks! How are you feeling about your progress with the X? I know a big step is the end of recovery week. Let us know if you get your desired results.

Everyone have a great afternoon!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Hello there!

Dropping in to wave hello with my mittens on. It's cold here in PA.:)

I hit the Sams Club this AM. I never go on Saturday but DH and DD went to the cabin to put a tarp on the camper and go for a walk in the woods. Best to make a trip while they are out having fun.

I did BM2 double upper body. It has been so long since I've done this wo. I forgot the abs were double. It felt good. I did a run yesterday while the temps were in the 40's. Today while putting a DVD into the player, DD comments "mommy has a tiny butt". Oh, I just love her! DH commented my legs look ripped while doing my ab routine this AM. I'm feeling very good today.

Nicole, I copied your recipes they look good and will make the pears for dessert tonight. I'm creating a seafood stuffed shells with alfredo sauce. I am substiuting with low fat sour cream, ricotta, sea legs, etc. The pears should be very fitting.:)

Tracy, what good things did you bring home from the costco today? Enjoy the thought of having along weekend. :7

Please bear with these quick and self-absorbed posts of mine. Are you all very excited as I am about STS? I cannot wait to start the program. ;)

Nicole,enjoy your recovery week.

I think I'm seeing a smaller tummy since I've started the X. I've only had a 2lb wt loss but I have a feeling that my waist and hip measurements have decreased. I remember reading someone's post that they saw the biggest changes during their recovery week. Have others found that? Kim

Hi all,

I went to Costco and the place was so mobbed that you had to wait for a parking space. Then I had DH's suburban and someone had left it in 4WD plus it had studded tires on it, so it would barely turn. I was getting pissed, and not feeling too good about the tight quarters and the almost non-existant ability to turn, plus I didn't have my cell phone. Needless to say, I just left, went to the grocery store and got the milk and came home. I will have to go when it opens either tomorrow or Monday.

Swifty - Doesn't it feel good when someone notices something? Glad you are seeing some results. We have snow in the woods, so I probably won't be running for a week or so. I probably need the break anyway. Did you buy the study materials from ACE? I'm still trying to decide what to do.

Kim - I didn't take measurements (and in case you don't know, I don't use a scale), but I'm in my recovery week and I looked in the mirror today while I was working out and thought, ughh, maybe I need to eat more. So for me the weight does drop during the recovery week. I'm not following the rotation to a T, but I will do CS twice this week and I did KB and yoga today. I'll definitely do more yoga and cardio, but since this is your first time, you probably should stick with the rotation unless you want to add in some cardio. The next phase was the most difficult for me, but I did a version of doubles.

Sandra - I think any time you do endurance based cardio you risk the chance of developing longer stringier looking muscles, just because of the repetitive nature of the activity. I don't think it happens with cycling, but I'm sure it does with running. I haven't had too much trouble with that since I'm running twice a week, but I'm trying not too let it get too long. I am also wondering if all of the arm movements in Amy's cardio could have the same effect. It's such a catch 22 but again, the bottom line is to ask why you are really working out. If it is performance related, then I think that there is a balance between looks and performance. If you are just working out to look good, then maybe the cardio isn't a priority. I personally want functional fitness that allows me to go out and run and ride my bike and hike for fairly long distances, so I'll just take whatever the muscles look like as long as they get me to my end.

Tracy

Hello! Crafts are done, swimming is swum, indoor playground has been played in, and dancing has been learned. It's 3:30 in the afternoon and I've retreated to my bedroom with the laptop and am snuggling under the blankets with some junk tv on. I've got some time to catch up.

Traci....I'm glad, as always, when you hang around home on the weekends. Who needs that bay house? Sell it and save the property taxes, I say! :) An Xers Leg Challenge month....Now there's an idea worth considering!!! I looked at your pyramid workout in detail the other day. Boy, you put a lot of thought into that!!! I'm very impressed. I'll email you my questions. I have no idea whether the price of seafood here is more expensive, relatively speaking, than where you are. I guess I have to say that it is more expensive, per unit, than cheaper cuts of meat. But compared to the good meat, I think it's around the same. Of course, fresh always costs more than frozen. But overall I don't find salmon or anything else prohibitively expensive. We have tended to eat fresh salmon a couple times a month for quite a few years. How was APX today? When you say you did the total body, does that mean you did the full almost-2-hour-long workout?? How cool about you client last night. What a satisfying job you've created for yourself!

Tracy....Did you survive Costco on a Saturday? That doesn't sound like fun. My review of KBEx: it's an excellent cardio workout, not a great kickboxing workout. How's that :) ? Say what you will about KenpoX, when I do it I feel like I can hammer in the intensity with the upper body and core. With KBEx, my heartrate got up there as with a good cardio workout, but I don't feel like the upper body muscles got worked very well, especially my back and core. It's quite possible that once I learn the choreo better I'll be able to add that intensity in there, but this first time, I didn't feel it. I liked the music very much in a few spots, and like you, combo/challenge 5 is the one I liked best. I'll definitely be happy to do this one again. Perhaps next time I should try that bonus bag segment, and see if I get a better upper body fix from that. What holiday do you guys have on Monday? You asked me yesterday what my longest cardio is: 60-70mins, 2 times/week. Otherwise, I try to keep them as close to 30mins as possible.

Nicole....Thank you for posting those recipes, they look yummy! Good luck climbing your way out of laundry hell. Sometimes that's a high climb! I saw your post yesterday about the core with the bar; did you attempt some assisted pull ups during LB? If so, how did that go? I'm not anticipating great things from my first few sessions using the bar for core work, either. But I'll never get better if I don't do it at all. There's always a catch. Argh.

Laurie....You must be quite the tailor, from the sounds of all the sewing you do. At what age do children get so adventerous with their eating? DD#1 follows the one-bite rule, but is still really turned off by texture and appearance, and doesn't seem to give taste much credence.

Kim....Nice to see you! I was wondering where you've been the last few days. I'm glad you're still plugging away. I wonder if DS would like the swimming lessons more if he was put in some kind of lessons that had him in the water, but didn't focus on swimming per se? Can you sign him up for scuba diving lessons, or water polo, or something where he learns the water skills more as a secondary component to being involved in some kind of water sport that he finds fun. Or even suggest to him that if he wants to do those other sports, he first has to learn the basics of swimming. I'm thinking that learning to swim for the sake of swimming might not tickle his fancy, but learning to be competent in the water so he can play sports might be more his thing? I imagine we didn't see much fish on our tables because neither one of us lived near the ocean. Do you think that factors into it? :) Since CKSales closed, I've ordered directly from Cathe.com for her workouts, and have discovered Advanced Workouts for others. And of course, Beachbody.com for P90X, etc. With the Canadian dollar being on par with the US, ordering from the US is not as prohibitive as it used to be. I have a feeling one of the reasons CKSales went out of business was because the dollar situation left them without a profit margin. Yoga dvds I've managed to find easily on the Chapters/Indigo website, or even in the Chapters stores. I'm waiting for Eion Finn's newest yoga dvd to be on the shelves in Chapters, in a few more weeks.

Swift Amy....With compliments like those coming your way, of course you're feeling good!! That's good stuff!

Debra....I hope I'm not the only one snuggled under the blankets this afternoon ;)

Jeanette....Oooooh a new laptop!!! Is it the same model/make as the first one? I truly hope you have better luck with this one. So you're not slacking this week, huh? LOL!! How'd it go this morning? Aw shucks, you made me blush. I just keep pushing play, that's all. Will it motivate you to do your leg workouts if I tell you they burn almost as many calories as a cardio workout?

Well, I'd best go throw together dinner. This is Day 6 of the P90X menu. As far as taste goes, I've been happy with all of it. The spicy chinese noodles today were deeeeeeeelicious. I'm surprised, but even with 1800 cals/day, average, I'm still feeling hungry. Tomorrow I'll get to eat 1800 cals, but won't be burning any off with a workout, so hopefully I can have a comfortably-full day. I'm not hungry all the time, just finding that by 11am and again by 4pm I'm famished. I'll give it another week, then re-evaluate.

Have a great night!
Sandra

Well I have FINALLY returned! What a day indeed!:eek: DH surprised me by making me breakfast (actually made me what I could/want to eat)then YES I did complete the FOREVER LONG APX Full Body....Good LORD why do I not look at the length of these things before hand??? I simply selected "Play Program" & 55minutes later we were done! WITH LEGS! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I took a break as the segment prior to actual legs is multi-jointed (compound) exercises which already had my biceps fatigued.... I certainly must have blocked all this from my memory! ..... 2 hours later I started the next segment for upper body.... Thank goodness I had already planned on skipping her chest work (keeping in mind what my physical therapist told me about excess chest work)... After almost another hour I was finally done w/ APX Full Body as produced! SHEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!!
When I got done I walked out to the kitchen area and DH had a spread made of all sorts of fruits, yogurt & chardonnay.... He led me to the jacuzzi bubble bath he had prepared and we spent a good bit of time soaking in the jacuzzi tub...... after all that he gave me a massage, then let me nap & then took me out to a swanky seafood dinner..... pinch me!}( On top of all this he hung my TV & DVD player up on the wall stand and he put away the Xmas Attic decorations! WHERES MY REAL HUBBY!!!!! :7 :7 So here I am all ready for deep sleep & feeling good @ 6pm!:7 }( I bet Debras only having HALF as much asd I did today!:+

SANDRA:7 :7
Well I guess its good you arent STARVING evey day- gosh that hungry feeling is so distracting tho! I commend you on your full effort for a few weeks! ~~ So happy to hear you have a new KB in your MUST DO AGAIN repetoire! Variety is the spice of life!~~ So glad you got to open the Excel Pyramid file!;-) As you can see my personal leg challenge is already planned for- what I seem to be recruiting for is other Xers whjo want to participate!:p Well I suppose if the cost of seafood doesnt make your heart stop @ the store its not all that high;-) There are just some things here that are priced so high in comparison to others that I gasp!~~ Super Saturday again for you! Glad to see you thrived & survived. ~~ On the flat muscles... I think its part of the fact that muscle cannot stay "pumped" if we are in constant aerobic state.... Look at your muscles before a cardio session & then after.... I always look leaner after but less muscular. Not sure of all the reasons why but it does appear true for me.

TRACY:7 :7
OMG on Costco! Who needs all that! I agree- bag it & head to a regular store. ~~ Did you figure out what made your Spinach Smoothie not sit well???? I make mine as follows: 2c water, handful baby spinach (less bitter) + 1/2 banana OR apple OR pear. Its actually very sweet with no spinach taste at all. ~~ So glad you enjoyed your KBX day!!! Were you thinking of a particular person w/ all those kicks?;-) ~~ As you read I did APX as produced...so friggin loooong!LOL..... she has lots of other mixes tho - I just forgot how long it was. The leg work is goooood! The first few are the "multi-jointed" and she really does a good job of pre-fatiguing the entire body. Actually the Lower work in this one is great (for me) as she hits the outer thigh alot while not losing any other areas...She doesnt do calf work but I think you said thats no biggie for you because of running.

LAURIE:7 :7
YUM on the Turkey Meatloaf! I used to make all the time but since I started avoiding animal meat I miss out....meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food to me. ~~ great breakfast you prepared! ~~When does it warm up in your part of the planet????

KIM:7 :7 I didnt see actual magic on recovery weeks but mine fell on ttom!x( GREAT planning on my part eh? ~~ Gosh I'm not a mom so I couldnt begin to advise on DS... {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} Its never just black & white as only you know the full story on who he is as a person. Breathe deeply mom- you'll make the right choice!!!~~ I pretty much use my indoor grill for fish or just broil it... I'm boring... Lemon pepper seasoning or real lemon & homegrown fresh herbs sprinkled ontop & thats it. Other than super spicy salsa I really prefer my food bland so I can taste the actual food. And on fish I really dislike overcooked fish... I am a 8 minute per side person... If its dry I just dont like the taste & texture at all. ~~ GO FOR IT on the half/full marathon! Life changing experience IMO. ~~ I'm at your back pushing you on towards your recovery week!!!! GO KIM GO!!!!:eek: :eek:

SWIFTY:7 :7
Oh I am jumping for joy at the STS prospect but I am containing myself as its a looooooong ways away from my doorstep! :+ WONDERFUL comments that are showing you your efforts are well noticed! ^5!!!

NICOLE:7 :7
WOOHOO!!! Welcome to recovery week!!!! Way to go girl! :+ On the laundry! It shall get done sooner or later! ~~ Thanks for posting the recipes!!!! Very thoughtful! They look east & yummy! Good choices.

I do believe I have caught up again unless I totally missed a post! :7 anythings possible..... Must say- as I sat here typing my lower body has cramped up big time!!! I shall be cursing AMy Bento in the am!

XXOO to all Xers !!!

Good grief Traci, was it your anniversary??? Your birthday (it's not at the end of March after all?)?? What's going on over there? Oh, don't answer that on a public forum. Children may be reading. Whatever's happening, I think it's fabulous and I'm jealous as h***. Is Wendell competing to be the new Phil for our forum? The reason I thought I looked leaner after a sweatfest cardio session was because I was dehydrated, and had no food in my stomach yet. But it really does make sense that it's just all the blood moving around the body. I know I look most muscular after a weight workout because I've just pumped a bunch of blood *into* the muscle, so it makes sense that it would work the other way, too. Interesting. So, cardio makes your muscles look "flat" temporarily, until you pump them back up again?

I came back online to say that I think I've found a way to make it all work. Since Round 2, Day 1, I've been doing the doubles rotation allotment of cardio for phase 3. That means 30 mins of cardio added on 4 days a week. So, 4 hours of cardio rather than 2. But the reason I've been doing those is to avoid doing Tony's 10min warm ups for his weight workouts. I truly cannot stand his warm ups. So, I guess I've been doing 1 1/2 hours more cardio per week than the Classic rotation suggests. Now, this extra cardio may explain why I'm so hungry. Plus, I hear it all the time (and I know most of you are thinking it), that this much cardio can impede muscle growth. I've never argued with that; only tried to find a way to keep some fun workouts in the P90X rotation. I tried to keep the cardio at a minimal intensity, using it for warm up purposes. Finally, I'm not doing nearly enough yoga for my liking. SO! All this to say that for the last 3 weeks of this round I'm going to drop the 30min cardios on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and substitute yoga! Why Sandra, you say, that's brilliant! What a wonderful way to warm up the muscles, and get 90 mins of yoga in a week! But are you going to do YogaX, or some such sub, on Thursdays still? My answer to you, sir, is "No, Sir! On Tuesday I'll do something PlyoX-y, on Thursday I'll do a full 60min fun, intense step workout such as Amy's Step Challenge II in its entirety, and on Saturday I'll do some Kickboxing." So, my week will be:

Mon: yoga, 30mins; CST; ARX
Tues: 4DS KB/BC Cardio Power premix; 4DS Lower Body weights
Weds: yoga, 30mins; BB; ARX
Thurs: Amy Bento Step Challenge II
Fri: yoga, 30mins; GS Legs with pull/chins inserted; CoreMax#3
Sat: KPC or KickMax. Or Amy's Kickbox Extreme. Will decide when I get there.
Sun: rest.

If I get the P90X+ workouts this week, I'll be using the Interval+ on Tuesday, the core workouts in place of ARX, and KenpoX+ on Saturday. Would the P90X+ Lower Body workout be a good sub for Legs&Back on Friday? No one's mentioned that yet.

Tracy....I'll preview Hi/Lo Extreme tomorrow. If you think it's a good sub, I can do it on Tues, but I'm thinking it's not designed as a plyo-type workout? Otherwise, maybe the week after this one I'll do IMAX3 on Tuesday and Hi/Lo Extreme on Thursday. I'm still really enjoying SCII, and getting down all the combos. I love the first combo, especially with the music she uses. I don't blame you a whit for driving away from Costco today! I'd have done the same thing. Some things are not worth the aggravation.

DH is bringing home Ocean's Thirteen for tonight. It's not the spa treatment that Traci got, but it will have to do.

Cheers,
Sandra

Traci-X, My, my, my, what did Wendell do wrong?;) Sounds like he's being an absolute doll! Let me know what he asks you for in the next few days:D Tell him I'm so proud of him and to keep it up!! Maybe I'll tell my DH and it'll catch on here too.

Sandra, Glad all of your extra curricular activities are done! I am so jealous of your laptop relaxing. I am praying that our lovely President will get the economic stimulus package passed so I can get $1600 from him to buy a laptop for myself:D I had the pears tonight and enjoyed them. They are very filling though so only make half the amount and it will still be enough to share. I think it would be good with apples as well. I think I shall try that later. Enjoy your movie!

Goodnight sweet ladies!:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.