X10 X77

X77 versus 5 tabatacises

How much harder is X77 than all 5 Tabatacise workouts at once?

For me, It's definitely harder than all 5 tabatacise.
X77 just go on and on at such high speed. weight segment although look light, the fact that moves are compound add more challenge to it. Balance is challenged big time. I love working out with a balance challenged;). Core and stabilizer have to work work work and work lol.
A lot of huffing and puffing.

Last edited:
I did it a few weeks ago and will do it again tomorrow. Im so happy that at 48 and quite a few pounds overweight that I can still hang with Cathe and the crew. Of course, I modify as needed. Super fun workout.

Most of my pushups are on my knees and I do burpees off the 6in step. But, I'm still impressed with myself that I would even attempt this one.

I did it a few weeks ago and will do it again tomorrow. Im so happy that at 48 and quite a few pounds overweight that I can still hang with Cathe and the crew. Of course, I modify as needed. Super fun workout.

Most of my pushups are on my knees and I do burpees off the 6in step. But, I'm still impressed with myself that I would even attempt this one.

You ROCK! No quitters in this crowd at all. :D

I thought it was probably at least 25% harder in my experience. It's 30 minutes longer than the 5 Tabatacise and you don't get the step recovery between sets.

elements make X77 harder than 5 tabatacises:

[*]Length of the workout.

[*]Speed, It's fast and furious

[*]Compound moves content

[*]Resting time.

Last edited:
A agree that it's harder - for me Tabatacise is pure cardio, whereas X77 has a metabolic element. In other words, I recover from Tabatacise as soon as my heart rate is down, whereas X77 leaves me hungry and tired all day. I've done X77 twice now - and it certainly wasn't any easier 2nd time round!

The combination of strength needed plus cardio capacity makes this a killer workout (sometimes almost literally). A good test of overall fitness.
I'm determined to tame this one - as OP said!
Justine

On board for Sunday....I figure if I make a commitment in writing to my fitness buddies, I'll stick to it!:p:p

I'm so proud of myself!!! I saved X77 from the rotation to Saturday, and used lighter weights. I think this month's rotation helped my endurance. Yeah me!! :p:D

I've been doing the X10 workouts slowly and adding on segments. I just did X49 because that's all the time I had today. It felt great, I'm tired, but a great feeling. I think if I had more time, I could have done at least 1 more segment. So next time I'll try 4 segments and see how I feel and maybe attempt all 77 mins. This really is Cathe's hardest workout yet.

Count me in as an X77 aficionado! Whew!:) I'm going to be 58 in January so I'm giving myself a big ole pat on the back right about now!:D:D (No modifications either!)

I did X77 yesterday and loved it! It was definitely challenging and breath taking, but I enjoyed the challenge, plus I burned a ton of calories. I really like how it's sequenced. To me, X10 step is the most intense segment so I was glad to get that one done first, then it's followed by the low impact segment which is the least intense one to me. I really appreciated being able to take things down a notch with low impact after the step segment. It gave me a chance to regroup and get ready for the last three segments which are equally as tough to me, but not as intense as the step segment. That sequencing made the workout very doable to me. I'm so glad the step segment wasn't last because I would've been to fried at that point to give it my all.

Last edited:
Hi all

Well I tried but only managed X62. By the time I did cardio blast I was modifying more than I was happy with. I only managed the first round of burpees. So I'll do cardio circuit Wednesday.

I'm having elbow surgery friday, so I'll be out of action for 6 weeks. So X77 will be my aim next year.

Anyone that does X77 has my utmost respect.

Laura
x

Hi all

Well I tried but only managed X62. By the time I did cardio blast I was modifying more than I was happy with. I only managed the first round of burpees. So I'll do cardio circuit Wednesday.

I'm having elbow surgery friday, so I'll be out of action for 6 weeks. So X77 will be my aim next year.

Laura
x

I'm with you there about X77, I've only managed 3 segments at once so far. Wishing you the best on surgery and it sucks to be action for 6 weeks. Last year, I had rotator cuff repair and was out of action for about 2-3 months. Good luck on recovery and take it easy.

Pshew! I just did the whole thing this morning and holy cats! It is definitely a killer. I was proud of myself for having done it. I found I was very glad the step section was the first - that is one of the hardest ones, I think, so I was glad to get it out of the way. Serious panting. Great energy from Cathe and Crew on this one!

Hi all

Laura
x

I missed this the other day. I hope your elbow surgery went well. Speedy healing vibes!!

Nan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.