X10--WOW

jengollf

Cathlete
I did X10 for the first time this morning. I did the X77 premix because I wanted to sample them all. All I can say is WOW. That is the hardest cardio I have ever done--I think it beats Insanity. At least Insanity gave me 30 second breaks. I was wasted by the end of X77 and several times considered quitting and coming back to X10 using the shorter premixes. Which btw, is my future plan. Because I found just doing 2, 3 or 4 back to back sufficiently challenging! I will not be doing X77 again any time soon. However, I LOVE this workout and the varieties I now have b4 me. It is the 5th of the new workouts that I have tried so far (I've done Flex Train, Lean Legs and Abs, Great Glutes and Rockout Knockout) and it is my favorite and the most challenging of the 5 I've done.

I totally agree with it being the favorite - I've done all the bits individually (before STS mainly - great for that), but tomorrow I've set aside enough time to do X77 (ie, quite a bit longer to give me the occasional breather!!!). I'm partly excited, partly terrified :confused:
I think it'll kick Tabatacise into touch
Well done for completing it
Justine

I haven't tried this one yet. I have been considering do the whole 77 minute so that I can sample the whole thing but It scares me, LOL. DH and I are starting a round of STS soon, how are you using them? Are you skipping the weights?

I'm just doing X10 warmup and then one of the w/o, with the weights, but not hugely heavy, no stretch, straight into STS, then stretch at the end. The lighter X10 weights seem to 'prep' my muscles for what's to come :eek: I'm meso2, so quite heavy. Having the cardio blast before is really shocking my body - before X10 I was doing one tabata plus step blast, or, if I had time, one of the HiiT w/os. It's the days in between STS when I have DOMs that I find it difficult to do any w/o with even the lightest weights.
Lucky you having your DH along side you. Mine is keeping well clear! How are you planning on tackling STS? 3 months or 6? Much cardio?
Good luck.
Justine

Sounds like a good idea. Just trying it figure out how I want to do this rotation. Would like to incorporate the new workouts for cardio. We are planning on doing a 3 month rotation, I have done a 3 and 6 month rotation when STS first came out. DH has never done STS in it's entirety. He seems very excited and started testing his one rep max.

Hi,

Have yet to try X-10, but really am intrigued with the concept. I know there are overall descriptions of each workout, but it doesn't get specific. Can anyone you has tried them all tell me which one ( if any) uses both weights and cardio moves?

Thanks!

I did X10 for the first time this morning. I did the X77 premix because I wanted to sample them all. All I can say is WOW. That is the hardest cardio I have ever done--I think it beats Insanity. At least Insanity gave me 30 second breaks. I was wasted by the end of X77 and several times considered quitting and coming back to X10 using the shorter premixes. Which btw, is my future plan. Because I found just doing 2, 3 or 4 back to back sufficiently challenging! I will not be doing X77 again any time soon. However, I LOVE this workout and the varieties I now have b4 me. It is the 5th of the new workouts that I have tried so far (I've done Flex Train, Lean Legs and Abs, Great Glutes and Rockout Knockout) and it is my favorite and the most challenging of the 5 I've done.

Well, you are my hero. Cathe has that on the rotation to do X10 77 in its entirety, and I just don't think I can do that. I have to work up to 77 minute of that. For me 2-3 back to back is plenty.:p

I managed X77!!!!!! I'm very proud of myself ;) I had to leave out some of the shoulder presses, and just do alternate ones, because I did STS shoulders yesterday, and they hurt......but apart from that, I managed, and SURVIVED. It was tough. However, because the type of routine keeps changing, it's do-able. For example, I would struggle to do the fat burning circuit twice through, although step+fat burning would be OK.
I may fall asleep under the dinner table tonight - hope none of the other guests notice :eek:

I was going to do PRS2 and then remembered I have not tried all the x10 workouts yet so I put the dvd in and went for it. WOW is right. By the time I got to the last one I was spent. I think I only got thru it because I knew it was the end. It was my intent to follow this up with xtrain ch,bk,sh but this will not happen today. Going to save that for tomorrow after I have had plenty of rest!!!!!:p

I haven't tried this one yet. I have been considering do the whole 77 minute so that I can sample the whole thing but It scares me, LOL. DH and I are starting a round of STS soon, how are you using them? Are you skipping the weights?

Yeah, ummm good luck with doing the whole 77 minutes at one time :eek:

Maybe I was having and "off" day, but I did just 2 sections and they totally kicked my boot!:rolleyes:

I did all of it on Saturday, and burned over 1200 calories. I kept the weights light and didn't push too hard on some of the cardio because i did FLexTrain on Friday. It was fun. I paced myself, drank plenty of fluids before, during and after. I ate well and still played 90 minutes of badmitton that evening. I was just so pumped.

I am obsessed with this workout! It is now my absolute favorite workout. It is the most versatile workout! I have been doing it in some form almost every day. The singles as my doubles workout. The longer premixes as my main workout on cardio days. And of course X77 as the ultimate workout when i really want to challenge myself. I adore this DVD.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.