WWERs check in 2nd week of June

steph_arena

Cathlete
:)
I hope i haven't stepped on any toes starting this but...since i am the first one this week i jumped right in!

Happy 2nd week of June check in

All is well although my hubs sabotaged me totally last night at 2am...
he came home with a poutine...those of you not from Canada ..heck maybe not even Canada but from quebec the french speaking part of Canada might not know what this is...
I shall explain...it sounds gross but is totally yum
French fries
Barbaque sauce (like the one you use for hot chicken sandwiches)
curd cheese (gouda cheese curds)

totally calorie busting, artery clogging, indigestion inducing goodness...

My stomach is still digesting it as we speak...but WORTH IT!;)

So i did not weigh myself this morning..saving that beauty for tomorrow.

Yesterday did shoulders and arms from p90x, and 1rm from disk 1 no cardio..

How are the rest of you gals doing?

Good Morning Ladies.

My neck is getting better and better but not good enough to risk weights lifting yet. I feel the need for some type of resistance though to go along with my cardio so I am going to do work out #2 from KCM's Body Training DVD. I've only ever done w/o #1 which is strictly lower body training while standing. The one I'll do today is done on the floor and hits both upper and lower. It's 30 minutes long (ofcourse!) and I will pair it with about 30 mins of Cardio. Thinking of Intensity's step only premix at the moment but we all know how that can change! ;):p

I made a stuffed pepper recipe last night for dinner that was very good. Here's the link if anyone is interested: Turkey Stuffed Peppers | Ginas Skinny Recipes
If you are not familiar with this site, you should get familiar with it! It's called www.skinnytaste.com. Even if you don't like to cook it has sandwiches and salads, etc on it. This gal has lightened up tons of recipes and figured out the points per serving for WW and posted them in the recipe so your work is done for you! It's great! I've made many recipes and I think I've only been disappointed one time! :) I also use recipes from www.cookinglight.com. They have the nutrtional break down of most recipes for you so it's easy to figure out the points with the WW calculator. I am making this tonight as a matter of fact!: Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin and Carrots Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Stacy:: Prior to my joining WW we were on a kick of ordering pizza every friday night...I ate it but it was under strict protest! ;)

Steph:: I have a friend who's wife and son both have a form of muscular dystrophy. From what he tells me, it's a daily challenge when you have MD but they are troopers and are doing well despite it! :) If you do enough 1RM's you can certainly count it as a weight lifting work out!!! Nice cheat last night...er this morning?? LOL Just do a good hard cardio this morning and you'll be fine! ;)

Hey, I was going to start the new thread and saw that someone beat me to it!

I was feeling a bit slimmer this morning so I hopped on the scale and much to my dismay, my weight was back up :( :( What gives?? My diet wasnt great this weekend but it wasnt that horrible either. I guess I'm feeling a bit discouraged, but if I want to lose these last 10 lbs I have to be really good, however, once I lose them do I have to eat that good all the time to maintain it?? If so, I'm not sure I'm willing or able to to do that. So, not sure what to do at this point other than to keep brushing myself off and plugging away!

Today I did workout 2 from Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. I shouldve done cardio to make myself feel better after my scale letdown, but I had yoga on tap b/c I needed some stretching so I just stuck with that plan.

Looking forward, I'll try my best to focus on a protein/veggie eating plan since I do see my best results with that. It just gets old after awhile, but so does being fat!

Thanks for the recipe link, gonna have to check that out!

Last edited:
Hey stacy...do not dispair..your scale is broken;)

As for eating well even after you lose..sorry to be the bearer of bad news but when you lose you need less calories to maintain your new weight (which would be 10 pounds lighter)...

It is a toughy and i struggle with it as well..also the dreaded age we are approaching doesn't help our situation..we will always have to watch what we eat and exercise... the exercise i don't mind so much..its the eating that killas me. you have to be ready to forgo once and awhile..

Glad you kept with your stretching plan..i was reading somewhere that it helps relieve the stress which lowers the cortisol which in turn helps lose the weight! so it might be just what the doctor ordered!

I have not weighed myself in 2 days because i am afraid..tomorrow is official WW weigh in day and i hope its not too bad!

i'll check in later
steph

Hi ladies,

I'm following Michi's ladder-tiers 1 and 2 from the beachbody site. It's only a 2 week challenge but it is going well. I'm down a total of 3.4#'s since starting this challenge on June 1st. However, this is the first day I'm not down any weight, it's exactly the same as yesterday's weight. I'll take it just the same.

Wendy-glad to hear your neck is doing better! I think cardio helps a lot when comes to stiff muscles. It gets the bloold flowing and the muscles warmed up a bit so maybe they can relax. Don't forget to make that Dr. appt., even though you are starting to feel better you need to have current meds.

Steph-Thanks for getting us started! My DH would totally do the same thing. He loves chili cheese fries...talk about a gut bomb! Glad you enjoyed it. Drink lots of water today to get the sodium out of your system...oh and a hardcore cardio will help too!

Stacy-sorry about the scale! Sometimes you just have to go by how you feel and how your clothes fit. I struggle with the scale a lot too. Now that I've started putting on summer clothes...most of them are loose in the waist and hips but weight is the same as it was last summer. Protein and veggies is a good plan and works well for me too. Chin up girl!

KCM Body Training w/o #1 (floor work for upper and lower body) + step only premix from Intensity...DONE! :D

Leaving in a few to go to a street fair with my mom and my son.

Stacy:: No, you do not need to be perfect all of the time in order to maintain but you will need to be mindful of your cheats and pay attn to the scale. Weight loss/maintenance is a life style change. Gotta eat healthy MOST of the time in order to lose weight and keep it off but that doesn't mean you don't get to let loose once in a while. HTH a bit. :)

Gotta go! BBL or tmrw.

Well I just finished all the back 1rm using the barbell and dumbells! I figure that can count as a weight workout...what do you gals think?

Feeling a trifle irritated today and don't really know why...no pms..just in a pissy mood:mad:

Besides that i am trying to figure which imax to do...i am leaning towards extreme with a second riser...intense but with much less jumping than imax 3...i am wanting to do a HIIT tomorrow..I am actually thinking of trying the Dozios peak cardio demain...we shall see. I have to get my drivers permit renewed during my break at work..so depends how frustrationg that seems to be.

Wendy: which is your fav KCM? i am considering ordering one and the one that seems interesting from the clip is Bootcamp... any more educated suggestions???

stcay: of course my answer makes more sense..

I think I like Steph's answer better that my scale must be broken! ;)

LOL-trust me, I get it! It can be frustrating if not torturous to have to be good around food at times. Like today for instance, because I ate HALF OF A PIZZA friday night for dinner I needed to be good today at the fair I went to so I ate lunch before I left the house and then brought 3 pieces of fruit, a weight watchers chocolate chip cookie, a diet soda and water to the fair to keep me busy while my son and my mom ate the "good" stuff. :rolleyes: Bottom line is though that you gotta do it. You have to pick and choose your cheats and sometimes that means passing on one thing in order to be able to enjoy another. OTOH, I lost weight through out the month of May even having cheated EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND so that's not too shabby! Key there was to be ON SPOT the rest of the week! You can do it if you set your mind to it. Once you lose the weight you will be so happy and proud that you won't want to mess it up! That should help motivate you to "do the right thing" so to speak. :)

Steph:: KCM's BootCamp is definitely a goodie! I also really like her TLC (Train like a Contender) work out! I've done the lower body work out from Split Sessions and loved it but haven't had the opportunity to do upper yet but IMO you can't go wrong with KCM when it comes to weight training. The only thing I don't like of hers so far is her step/step boxing. I don't like her style and she moves too fast for me. Her kickboxing is good though. Just took me a little bit to get used to it cause it's very different from Cathe's style. I have her Circuit Burn and have done a cardio premix or 2 from it which was very good. Haven't been able to do the actual circuit with the weight work yet but I'm sure it's very good too! HTH a bit!:)

Good Afternoon Ladies.

This morning's work out was as follows::

KCM NYC Body Sculpting Cappuccino Premix (lower body only)
LIC step/blasts only
KCM Circuit Burn non boxing cardio only x2 + abs

This morning's leg work out was all body weight work w/the exception of one exercise where she used light weights. I was going to do more upper body work w/o weights tmrw but I think I will lay off for a couple of days. Not sure I am doing myself any favors with it. Probably better off just sticking to cardio and lower body stuff until I am M3 ready...and I am really hoping to start NLT this weekend!!!!:)

So last night's pork recipe was delish! I have left overs for lunch today too! YUM and tonight's dinner will be the left over stuffed peppers from Saturday! :D

TTFN!

Last edited:
Somebody kick me...did good for breakfast and lunch, hubby wanted fast food for dinner, ugh. I couldve said no, but I didnt.

Stacy you should ry Mc D's grilled spicy thai salad with balsamic...totally delish...if you need fast food and there is a 50% coupon floating around:D

On a happy note...I didn't gain any weight this week! yeah...

Sherat you have such a naughty side....I like!

Shereta scares me!

Steph, I have IBS and unfortunately spices and lettuce both give me major tummy issues. I wish I could say the same for french fries!

okay, maybe I should have said 'turn around'. But either way, I just couldnt resist. But seriously, you did good for the most part for that day, so I'm sure the damage will be minimal if at all.

Is anyone here doing Cathe's June Rotation? If so, do you have all the workouts? And, if not, what are you using for substitutions? Like I don't have the Gym Styles or STS series, so I'll be subbing with PUB/PLB and Slow and Heavy series.

Good Morning.

You girls are cracking me up over here. What a riot! :D

So I did it! As of this morning I have reached my initial goal with an additional .4# loss. I'm very pleased! I hope it's not a fluke. My official WW weigh in isn't until Friday! :eek:

Stacy:: Get up, brush yourself off and get back in the saddle. Today's a new day girl! You can do it! :)

Steph:: If I have to eat fast food I will choose a salad as well.

Shereta:: Nope not doing June's rotation. Have you started it yet? I just plunked the January 2011 in my calendar to be done after STS. Let's see if I change my mind! :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.