wrist wedges for all those pushups

monkeydoodle

Cathlete
I was frightened by all the pushups in meso 1 because I have pretty severe thumb and wrist tendonitus from breastfeeding (3 years ago and my new baby now). I actually saw a comment on collage (on afterburn I think) suggesting wrist wedges. I didn't want to pay to get the dod brand to canada so I cut one of my old foam yoga blocks in half on an angle and voila! it worked like a charm. i didn't feel it at all in my wrists. I haven't been able to do pushups without pain for a long time and it was amazing especially with how many we do in STS. :cool:
I can't believe how much fun STS is and i can focus on working out rather than injuries!

wrist wedges

I saw the wedges and donuts at Winners in Canada when I was there last month. On the site they are only 19.99- not too bad and much easier than trying to make sure the density of the foam, angle, etc is correct. It says on the site that they are also patented.

Thanks ill have to check it out! My wrist r so week now
I even have hard time with a barbell because my wrist seems twisted. Sounds weird but I guess my range of motion is lacking in my wrist? Does anyone else have pain or discomfort using barbell also?

Great idea! I'll have to look into doing this. I broke my wrist years ago snowboarding and still have issues with it. Love me some pushups though...hate to modify just because of my wrist.

i struggle with the barbell too, especially since I only have olympic (40 lbs) for a straight bar. I have been using my EZ curved bar for almost everything and that make a big difference.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.