WOW High Reps

michefit

Cathlete
Just got my DVD's today - I tried High Reps - and I don't know if I was just tired today - but what a tough workout! There is not a moment to spare in between excercises. After the opening leg sets and shoulders I was dripping sweat and my legs were shaking. I have previously been using a weighted vest in addition to dumbells for GS legs and STS. My legs were burning! I had to pause a couple of times because my muscles were quivering and I didn't have the coordination to get my next set of weights organized for the next round. Cathe tells you exactly what you need before each round of excercises - the only tricky part for me was getting the band set up with the dumbell curls for biceps. Once I get practiced with that the flow will be better. I had read on another post to go as heavy as you can - so I had a lot of bravado going into this workout - but found I was lowering and lowering my weights. The weight suggestions on screen are pretty spot on for the number of reps you are required to do. For example - I was snickering at the suggestion for 5 lbs dumbells for lying tricep extensions and then begging for mercy and reaching for them not even halfway through that excercise! I really loved the sliding disc lunges they really added up by the end. FINALLY - the abs! I often add wrist weights and light ankle weights for added resistance for abs - but thought I would do as is for the first time. Yeah right - my abs were still burning for about 5 minutes after the workout ended. Excellent excercise sequence for abs. Also - I know this has already been said - but Cathe is so fun and upbeat that I just loved/hated (lol) her throughout the workout. So happy with this workout! Thanks Cathe!

I know what you mean. This was the first DVD that I pulled out to try. Wow! I was wobbly several times during the exercises and found myself going down in weight during the end of an exercise. Major DOMS the next day. Love it!

yeah, talk about that shake, 2nd time for this one and still pretty light, there's places now where I know I can go heavier, but it moves quick! really liking that ab work at the end, it's tough...this one gets the A++

Think I'll put a marker line on the band so I know where to put my foot for those one arm rows!

:D

I love High Reps

I really like Power Hour and still use it in my rotations.

But High Reps is even better. I love the legs with the sliding disk/paper plates.

The workout is killer that is for sure. It is tough but in a fun way.

And did I mention how much I love the music? The more I do the workout, the more I love the music.

High Reps is definitely one burner workout. Muscle Max has been a favorite for me lately and High Reps definitely steps it up a notch. I think the new workout is so much fun also and I am not saying that because it is new as there are some new workouts over the years that I have not cared for from the beginning. I have already done this workout like 4 times. Finally got around to doing Lower Body Blast yesterday and it is great too!

Great to hear your feedback everyone! Sounds like I wasn't that far off in the workout when I said "did you run to get lighter weights....or did I say that in STS total Body :eek:...lol)

Great idea!

yeah, talk about that shake, 2nd time for this one and still pretty light, there's places now where I know I can go heavier, but it moves quick! really liking that ab work at the end, it's tough...this one gets the A++

Think I'll put a marker line on the band so I know where to put my foot for those one arm rows!

:D

The marker line is a great idea!!!:eek: I've been relying on the crease that formed when it was packaged, but I am using the band so much lately that it is ironing itself out!

The marker line is a great idea!!!:eek: I've been relying on the crease that formed when it was packaged, but I am using the band so much lately that it is ironing itself out!

It would be so cool if they came that way, I'm always trying to even things up right...nothing exhausts like the stretchy band!

I have heard such great things about High Reps. I did get STS Total Body and have done it several times, each time loving it more. Muscle Max and Power Hour are my favorite full body workouts of Cathe, so I have to get this one too.

Last edited:
I just tried this workout for the first time. I'm still shaking!! It looks easy but its tough!! I was cautious and went lower in my weights but those tricep exercises still got me and I had to pause, lol.:eek: The music was excellent.

I'm new to Cathe but this is going to be one of my favorites.

Wow, High Reps ROCKS!! I thought STS Total Body was a mega killer, but wow, this one rivals it in intensity (no pun intended! ha!). It was extremely hard and I was sweating pretty profusely. As I type this, my biceps are talking to me big time! Cathe, you've outdone yourself! :)

I just tried this workout for the first time. I'm still shaking!! It looks easy but its tough!! I was cautious and went lower in my weights but those tricep exercises still got me and I had to pause, lol.:eek: The music was excellent.

I did this workout for the first time tonight, and I totally agree with Wanda--my triceps were shaking---and I couldn't do all those reps on the floor without a pause. Maybe next time, I will use a lighter weight.

I found that a plastic plate works well on carpet for these slide exercises. Is there an update on the production for the slides the crew uses?

High Reps is now my favorite full body workout. The word "partials" now makes my muscles quake! Really, this is a great, great workout. Who knew 5 pound weights could have such an impact on triceps??? I'm really thankful for the premixes. They give such flexibility to this DVD. Great job, Cathe!

I agree, what a clever idea for the marker band. Also please use a chair/sofa/table etc. for back support so you can really feel it in the upper back nicely during those one arm rows.

How does High reps work for lean muscle mass development?

Hi!

I just got this one and am thinking about trying it this week. I want to know how this one works in terms of lean muscle mass development. I am looking to build some lean mass where possible and was planning on doing this one as my weight routine 3x a week with other cardio sessions.
Any opinions on what this was designed for would help me decide the routine I should use for a few weeks.

I have Gym Styles and Slow & Heavy...should I do these instead or combine or can I do High Reps for a few weeks and then the Gym Styles and then the Slow & Heavy? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

I am losing fat also, but trying to maintain or develop new lean mass if I can. I have been off exercise for 8 months, so am a "beginner" of sorts because I have become untrained. Looking to retrain as efficiently as possible and use my muscle memory.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.