World Cup!

MarleysMom

Cathlete
Hello everyone,

Just a FYI today is the final for the World Cup between France and Italy. Now, I know most people in America don't care for the world cup, but if you get a chance just watch 10 mins of it, you won't be sorry. This is a great sport with some fantastic athletes! You would not believe how much physical effort goes into playing this game!

It is a lot of fun and hopefully you guys will check it out!

I love it, too. My husband is a ref, my younger son was a varsity goalkeeper in college and before that in high school, and my older son was a back. The goalkeeper for Italy is phenomenal!!

I'm so excited for the final game today. I watched the whole world cup and it was hard to keep up with everything, but I'm glad that I did. I think that I am going for France because I love Zidane and want him to win. Although the Buffon is so much better than Barthez in goal that the Italians might win. Who knows? It should be a good game. I just hope it doesn't go into PKs.

Karin

I have it on now while I pay bills. I'm going for Italy.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
I-TA-LI-A,
:) :) :) :)

I just am in shock over Sudan! What the devil was he thinking when he head butted that guy? What a shame. He's a great player, and seemed to be a really nice man. I was rooting for Italy, but I hate to see any great player end a career like that.

Yes..what was he thinking..I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!! I'm Italian so very happy that italy won!
Lisa

My husband and I watched yesterday and each of us were disgusted by Sidane's lack of sportsmanship. Supposedly this wasn't the first time he lashed out like this. The disservice he did to his team is unforgivable...selfish, very very selfish!! The biggest shame is the example he set to many kids who were probably watching.

Deni

Despite his childish behavior, Zidan still won Golden Ball, which shows how much respect he has in the world of soccer (selfish, stupid head butting aside). I don't condone his actions, but he was thrown out of the game, so it's not as though they went unpunished. He is my favorite player. I'm so sad and disappointed that he had to go out as he did. Oh well, no use in saying, "If only" or "France would have..." Italy won, and that's that.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.